The Hunt 1.5: Butterfly Quest

Valendale

The Hunt 1.5: Butterfly Quest

It was a relatively quiet day down at the office. In fact, it was almost like there hadn’t been any crimes committed all month. At this rate, this modest detective agency may have to shut down. Just as the Director was about to close it up, the hotline to the police rang. 

“Yeah, we got one for ya, and it’s a weird one. Nothing serious, but there may be drastic consequences if this one isn’t solved. I’m sending her over now.”

About a half-hour later, a…giant butterfly? showed up. Certainly not anything the Director was expecting. 

“Uh, sit down madam, what seems to be the issue?”

“You see, I am the Butterfly Queen, and recently, there has been an imposter going around, and people think that they’re me for some reason. How silly. But this Wocanda, as they call themself, has been associating with criminals.” She spoke with composure and elegance, not like most of the people that came through this place.

“Criminals?”

“Yes, they were going all up and down that nature trail, terrorizing normal campers. I can’t have my reputation being destroyed like that! Now, here are the papers.”

“We’ll get right on the case. I’m sending a team out immediately. Do you have anything else that could help us?”

“Yes, I’ve found this person’s house, although it’s abandoned now…”

-----

Rules:

1.  The game will be divided up into 24-hour rounds. Each player may take one action per round.

2. No screenshots or quoting PMs, but feel free to copy-paste. Note that at least one player will be trying to forge these.

3. Use this topic as a home base for the investigation, all actions are done in PM with me, unless otherwise stated.

-----

Roles:

Normal Detective x7-Can search one location for evidence each round, or investigate one suspect, finding out if they are a giant butterfly.

Wocanda’s Helper x1-Wocanda has sent this player to try and stop the others from solving the crime. They may take the action of any normal detective, or forge a piece of evidence. They get to decide what this piece of evidence is, where it’s planted, and how hard it will be to find. In addition, they automatically work on a getaway vehicle, completing it after ten rounds, when they will win the game.

New Recruit x1-Can take two actions during the first round, but they can never find rare evidence. Otherwise normal detective.

Investigation Chief x1-Can choose to make an accusation in the topic, trying to guess at who Wocanda and their helper are, and what exactly happened. They can only use this once for every three pieces of evidence the group has found. If they are correct with both names, the detectives win the game. If their explanation is good and is getting close to what happened, they will be awarded bonus evidence. If they’re dead wrong, they will be fired from the case and one Normal Detective will be chosen as the new Investigation Chief.

Saboteur x1-If they find the getaway vehicle, they can sabotage it, giving the detectives more time to win. The sooner they find it, the more damage they will do.

-----

1. Nature Center-Where the players of the original The Hunt set out from on that fateful night.

2. The Pit-This now desolated prison may have once housed who we’re looking for.

3. Butterfly Domain-The scene of the crime. Could provide valuable clues.

4. Surrounding Forrest-Large area, but we’re sure to find something. There’s a creek nearby.

5. Ravine-Wocanda last seen flying over here.

6. Culprit’s House-Let’s go through their stuff. Maybe we’ll find something.

7. Waterfall-Where Valendale was finally brought down.

-----

Prime Suspects:

Rider of Kikanalo-Created The Hunt, may have impersonated the Queen just to create more danger.

Voltex/Lucina-Not the greatest guide leading people into those conditions…

Valendale-Escaped prison just to host this game. Seemed awfully close to Wocanda, to the point of worship.

Tyler Durden-Known to be very unhappy with the first The Hunt. Maybe he made this as revenge?

All of You, Especially if you played the first game!

1. ToaTimeLord

2. Rider/Phillips

3. Shadow FF

4. Lucina

6. Kanohi Ko-llector

7. Toa Smoke Monster

Edited by JIF Shadow Creamy
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I'll join my sequel.

Voltex/Lucina-Not the greatest guide leading people into those conditions…

Welcome to the second installment of: Everybody votes Voltex!

In season two, things heat up and Voltex leads more people to their death! Will the people live this time, or will they hopelessly wash up on the shores of landlocked states?

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

In

I don't even remember the last one or what might have gone wrong or whatever

Time to read up

E: Now I remember why I erased it from my memory

E2: Was I actually the Guide? I dunno. Maybe my PMs can tell me

E3: Yes I was. I knew who Chro was and all he did was suspect me the entire time, GG

Edited by Lucina

• 2 weeks later...