The Guardian

27185272295_7c8212e8a1.jpg

A robotic Guardian design for the defunct fan comic BZPStuck.

The "parent" and main antagonist for the character Brian Lawson. Initially a deactivated Temple Guardian, Brian retrofitted it with personal computer capabilities.

Has a "Hard Mode" setting.

Inspired by Onua as well as the character D0G from Half Life 2. I wanted to experiment with something that was both extremely technical like heavy machinery as well as something frail and clumsy looking.

• Upvote 15

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

oh wow, hearing bout "BZPstuck" from my sis is how i got into homestuck at all, and basically why i have the username you all relate to me now, OOPS.

the model itself just feels... right, as in it feels like the purest form a bionicle can take, that mix of fluid and clunky with just the right amount of exposed gearboxage!

and i adore those big meaty claws it's got there

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Good to see you back in BBC, Mak.

I'm not too familiar with BZPStuck, but this guy is awesome - definitely has the vibe of an old Slizer or 2001 Toa set, but with more creative proportions and a modern style. I think the turntable waist and the gears on the back are my favourite parts.

• 3 weeks later...

oh wow, hearing bout "BZPstuck" from my sis is how i got into homestuck at all, and basically why i have the username you all relate to me now, OOPS.

She's to blame for so much in my life. Tell her I said hi.

Good to see you back in BBC, Mak.

I'm not too familiar with BZPStuck, but this guy is awesome - definitely has the vibe of an old Slizer or 2001 Toa set, but with more creative proportions and a modern style. I think the turntable waist and the gears on the back are my favourite parts.

I never left! The idea was definitely to get the weird proportions and the exposed elements, and I'm glad they were apparent.

Spoiler Alert

Considering the theme of the current BBC, I can't help but wonder if this might have made a better entry. :P

It's nice to see BZPStuck referenced.  I miss it.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

A BZP staff member (or former staff, I'm not sure) started up a webcomic about some of the other staff directly based on Homestuck.  It stalled and died out a while back, but it was really neat while it lasted and I would've loved to see where it went.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 3 weeks later...

A BZP staff member (or former staff, I'm not sure) started up a webcomic about some of the other staff directly based on Homestuck.  It stalled and died out a while back, but it was really neat while it lasted and I would've loved to see where it went.

The parts I really wanted to get to [but ultimately never did] was finding my parents after having been totally not orphaned after a plane crash piloted by two skeletons of Totally Not My Parents You Guys They Are Fine.

Also hey, some reference art I found for the titular big guy up there!

27632950984_3a19697f4e_b.jpg

I forgot he was also partially inspired by Mr. Bultertron from MTV's Clone High. What is a homestuck ripoff without countless and pointless pop-culture references!

Spoiler Alert

• 2 weeks later...

Can the build itself be positioned in the quadrupedal posture shown in the reference drawing? Either way, I love the exposed gears, and everything about the leg assembly.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom