What franchises remind you of Bionicle?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! As the title says above, what things in franchises remind you of Bionicle? For me, here's a list:

1. The Fallen from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie in 2009 - The Skrall by the facial features.

2. Hero Factory of course

3. The Ninja and other Elemental Masters in Ninjago - the Toa by being heroes with elemental powers. They also are called "Masters". A blade-like bone piece from a Summer 2016 Ninjago set is the same piece used in the 2015 Kopaka set.

4. The Overlord from Ninjago - Makuta by being a demon with dark powers and can shape-shift.

5. SHIELD from Marvel Cinematic Universe - the Order of Mata Nui by being a secret organization

6. Ultron from Avengers: Age of Ultron movie in 2015 - 2015 Lewa's mask

7. Gems from Steven Universe - the Toa by combining and some of the Gems have elemental powers.

8. Disney's Moana movie this year - there are a lot of similarities from Bionicle, but with no robots. I do not want to spoil them, however, because there could be some of you guys that hadn't watched it.

9. Burnzie's hammer from Nexo Knights - his hammer is made with two gear-like pieces on the head that Bionicle's 2009 set waves used for their life counters.

10. Vulcanus from Ben 10 - similar name to Vulcanus in Bionicle.

So, there. What about you guys?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

5 - I think SHIELD in the comics predates Bionicle, and that's what the movie universe was based on. :P

8 - The original Bionicle theme borrowed heavily from Polynesian culture... so much so that the Maori sued them over it. Since Moana is also inspired by the same culture, there are defiantly similarities. (Although the fact that their island name sounds so close to Mata-Nui still amuses me.)

10 - Both names are probably plays on Vulcan (Roman god of fire) who in turn inspired the name volcanos.

:music:

1 - For a Time (and this was very early on) the UNDERTALE Fandom. Why? Becuase said fandom had (at least at the time) a lot of pretty good fan stories and fan theories (they still do have a lot of good fan theories), much like how I imagine BIONICLE in it's hayday to have been. But, unfortunately the community became too cancerous (not explicitely like say, making fun of people, it just became too saturated), and I had to leave.

Any other community?... Not really, off of the top of my head.

2 - I guess the KSP community reminded me of the (relatively) small community of BIONICLE Fans who make 3D Printable parts, but that's just it.

10 - Both names are probably plays on Vulcan (Roman god of fire) who in turn inspired the name volcanos. :music:

That's cool, I didn't know that! I just thought that LEGO was being incredibly lazy in naming Vulcanus what it is.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - A revered leader is struck down by their jealous sibling. When all seems lost a team of six heroes goes forth to stop the usurper and save the realm.

Moana - "♪ Takua, make way, make way ♪ Takua it's time you knew The village of Mata Nui's all you need ♪"

Can't think of any more right now, but more might come to me.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

well neo shifters made by mega bloks reminded me of the bohrok

even the transformation sequence is so obvious

414bpPu7UsL.jpg

I actually had a couple of these guys. They reminded me of Bionicle meets Transformers.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Transformers.  In the Armada PS2 game, there are generic Decepticons that are basically Bohrok (I don't even remember or care what they're actually called, I just called them Bohrok, or Tahnok since they were red).  They rolled into balls and they have this sort of hunched rounded look IIRC.  When the first Bay movie came out, I immediately thought the Transformers themselves looked really Bionicle-like.  Also, Primus being Cybertron (at least in some continuities) is like Mata Nui being the Matoran Universe.

Also, Green Lantern to a lesser extent.  The different colored Corps are each represented by a color scheme and a single unifying personality trait, like the different Matoran tribes.

I'll also throw Gurren Lagann in there because literal planet-sized robots are a thing in that show.  They even get big enough to throw entire galaxies.