Techna

Legolover-361

IC: Krayzikk, WarzoneKrayzikk didn't bother with the dramatic entrance. Not much, anyway. A second motorcycle sped through the barrier before it could be reinstated, but this one didn't have a rider. Krayzikk transformed without slowing down, and skidded to a stop as he drew his shotgun.Krayzikk's eyes turned red, indicating his switch to combat mode. He waded forward, punched a Skakdi who got a little too close for comfort, and shot a Toa. He 'felt' bullets slamming into his back. He whirled, grabbed the Toa responsible. The Toa's eyes widened. "Mata Nui." Krayzikk would have grinned if he could. "No." He slammed the toa against the ground, killing him. "But give him my respects."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Noir/S&D Library, Torch's Implant\IC:

Torch was left with a cold, cruel chuckle echoing in his brain. Noir was gone, to be sure. However, the Toa Techna might not have realized that the computer into which he transferred the AI had one of the highest security clearances in the city. Noir strutted along the coding, tossing various bypass functions, viruses, and malware around the ship. Sure, he couldn't do everything. But he was being chaotic, and unwittingly helping the Hackers.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC (outside Security and Defense Library):It was Karzahni given form.All members of the old Matoran Universe had heard of Karzahni: a mysterious warlord to whom bad Matoran were sent and from whom they never returned. Everyone assumed Karzahni was evil, twisted, the epitome of insanity and chaos.Well, that was how the battle outside looked.Lasers etched streaks of light against the blackness of space beyond the Techna Nui's windows. The sound of a hundred different guns going off blasted Torch's audio receptors every second. He drew his plasma blaster and fired a bolt at a nearby Hacker, who tumbled off his perch atop the building, and ran forward, into the fray.OOC: Expect Torch's fighting style to be very influenced by the battle scenes in The Matrix, which I watched just yesterday. :P

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Incommodo (Prison)It didn't take Incommodo long to find the room with the masks inside it. Incommodo grabbed a Mahiki, and put it on. He then realised he was wearing the wrong mask."Karz."A few moments later, he emerged victorious with his own Mahiki-shaped Kualsi."Sounds like there's a battle outside. How would you like it if we went and got ourselves killed?"Not waiting for an answer, Incommodo ran off.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: (West Front)Enaltai's right arm acted instinctively, fuelled by the implant in the wrist. The blade shot forward and outright deflected the bullet, while his left arm extended with the wristblade to parry Matrapolix's strike. It was a strong as Karz one at that: En had to move his right arm to keep Matra's blade aside.Panting at the effort, Enaltai hissed. "'I gave you your chance'? Is that the best you can come up with? There was no chance. Not for me, not for you, not for anyone. We burn... on the pyre of somebody else's vanity."For a few seconds, they stood locked in the same position, neither getting any higher ground over the other, before Enaltai pushed himself aside from Matra's blade - momentum is a Karzahni of a force - evading any potential blows, he rolled to the right and stabbed in two opposing directions, his right hand blade aiming for the shoulder and his left hand blade for the chest.

IC-Kal:Kal came to the tunnel entrance he had found earlier, when he used it to escape the tunnels. He looked around, noting the territory. Good. Loyalist hands. He ducked into the tunnel, crouching down low.Nobody had thought to try and light the tunnel since he had been there. He dropped to the ground, crawling along, only a part of the darkness that was every where else. He stopped when he heard a footstep coming from a side tunnel. Lithely getting up, he stalked the singular hacker guard. The guard came to a dead end."Blast it," the guard said then. "I don't see why they have me guarding these tunnels, there's nothing here!" Grochi came up close to the man, stabbing with his knife when the guard turned. He slowly set the body on the ground."Nothing but me," he whispered to the body, taking off the apparent uniform and putting it on himself-the hacker had the same mask he did. He then grabbed his enemy's rifle, walking back to where the housing district was in the maze of tunnels. The body had been consumed by plasma moments earlier.OOC: And so my hostage-rescue scheme begins...

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Arkrak - PrisonArkrak's eyes narrowed, and he promptly grabbed Incommodo's arm, roughly pulling his companion back, a rather annoyed expression evident despite his mask covering his face. It was annoying how his companion always went off without his input, but this time he would get his own say for once."I have a better idea," he said, before walking into the path of the stampede of escaping prisoners. His mask glowed with energy as stay stopped."RANDOM ASSORTED PRISONERS!" he roared, the power of his Mask of Charisma washing over them. "YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY ATTEMPTING TO ESCAPE THIS PLACE SO YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. HOWEVER! YOU FIRST MUST DEFEAT THE ENEMY! WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT THIS MORONIC BLUE TOA OR ME. NOR IS IT THE TECHNA, FOR WITHOUT THEM WE'D PROBABLY CRASH INTO A PLANET AND DIE. THE ENEMY ARE THE GUYS FIGHTING OUTSIDE! THEY WANT TO CREATE CHAOS AND RUIN YOUR CHANCES OF MAKING PROFITABLE STUFF WITH YOUR ORGANISED CRIME! GO FIGHT THEM!"The Toa of Sonics promptly collapsed as the immense power he had used to try and influence the massive group dissipated away. He chuckled as he leaned against the wall, watching as the former prisoners continued to escape. This time however, they were probably more likely to fight whoever was fighting outside of the prison, so he, (and Incommodo said a voice in his mind) could escape without much problems."I can't believe that sort of worked."

IC - War"Your petty belief in that pessimistic delusion only serves to further contradict your will to travel to a planet we don't have control over."Matrapolix's muscle implants kicked into gear, and he grabbed Enaltai's wrists at breakneck speed. He kicked forward with an enhanced slam of his foot, which would throw him at least twenty feet if it hit, and it most likely would."None of this makes sense, Enaltai. If we go back to the planet, we probably won't have enough people left after the massacre you're committing." he said darkly.He rushed forward at speeds just under a Kakama, and slashed again with ridiculous power.OOC: The conditions for you could never be riper/'cept you just forgot to pay the Pied PiperWhat's coming back to haunt you now/will always be your broken vowShe died by your will, not by mine/though I was there helping and you were just cryin'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Golden Hammer / Warzone (yup, we all transferred to another RPG)"He's good," Swuiop said as she watched Matrapolix. "Not as good of a swordsman. He relies too much on brute strength to match Enalti there."Kinksh chuckled. "Neither of them are good enough to match us. Continue observing."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Zaphos - Western FrontZaphos ignored the screams of people around him as he walked through the streets, stopping a few times to rip the bodies of a few Hackers to shreds, for they had stupidly decided to attack him while he was delivering his pizza, which had been ordered by a guard that had probably died on the Western Front of the battle. However, he could easily steal a few things along the way, so it was rather profitable delivering a pizza to a dead man."Oh hello Gust," he said as he walked past the blockade. "Just delivering a pizza."

IC-Kal:"Nothing on watch," Kal said as he walked past the commander of the hacker encampment in the housing district. The commander nodded and checked something off. He looked back up at Kal."You're next to watch the prisoners, Falker," the commander said, then looked away again. Kal smiled-this was going perfect. He walked into the prisoner's holding area, relieving the guard on duty."Alright," he whispered to himself, "Time to free you guys." He went over to the computer the previous guard had been on, looking through programs. He found the one he needed....Program found: Wake PrisonersSelect Action: Y/NKal smiled, punching the Y button the keyboard. He heard a hiss, as the pods the prisoners were in opened, the pressurized air flowing out of them. He made a hole with his plasma, back down into the tunnels, and shoved some prisoners into it.He then replaced the bit of floor he had displaced after jumping in with the last of the prisoners, welding it back in place. He used a small plasma-light of his to look around-good. He'd dropped into a small pocket underground. A remnant of an earlier battle, perhaps?He checked his mental map of the tunnels, and blazed his way into a small side-tunnel away from the main force. He dragged the prisoners along behind him as he walked away, smiling. The first part of his plan had been completed.OOC: Yep, NPC prisoners. This should be cool. Who wants to help organize an attack on the Tech Tower? :D

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: The more profile-changing parts of this post have been preapproved by a co-GM. This exemplifies just how the Mask of Logic (in conjunction with data mind you) can do stuff.The theme for this post is the one referenced in my sig.IC: The darkness blazed.Fire lanced across Techna's grim artifical sky. Smoke enshrouded the night, cloaking the sacrifices and murders with a cloaking muffler. Rubble crisscrossed the streets as the shattered bones of buildings fell to the ground.And from a pitted manhole emerged a toa.He was dressed in a ruined three-piece suit; blazer reddened by blood with only a waistcoat underneath; gloves tinged faintly green and smelling of sewage; pants soaked up to the knee in sewage; shoes splattered with brown and dripping an awful green. Upon his face was a drab gray Iden...A bit of pink liquid still dripped from its chin.Six skakdi sloshed through the corridor with pistols and knives in hand. They had fallen silent long ago.That was because their faces were all needed to communicate to their quarry just what they were going to do to him.Six skakdi. Each wary for the upcoming encounter-each knowing their prey was weakened-each thinking of how he was caught just like a kinloka in a trap--And each totally unprepared for a Hau to fly out of the darkness right at the center of their formation.The skakdi froze for a second. What-?Then they spotted the strap of fabric torn from a dress shirt; the blades gleaming from its underside; the sheen of light upon clay.And the skakdi decided they really did not want to be in that corridor.The Hackers scattered. They retreated, fell back-they didn't rely on their element to protect them as skakdi.The improvised explosive detonated in a blast of fire and metal. Only the ones who had been caught in the front were hit-and though knive blades and pieces of Hau stuck from their staggering bodies, the others knew they would not die.It was then that they heard a pistol being fired.The Hackers looked through the smoke to see a bowler cap pierced with shrapnel. They scattered once more, taking aim while they moved closer to the edges of the corridor.The pistol fired again. The skakdi barely dodged each shot, bullets grazing their armor as they fired back.Eight times the guns roared. Eight times thunderbolts of fire danced across the hall. Eight times the smoke opened and closed to allow them passage to the cracks in the concrete they made their way into.Then-sploKLIKSomething hit the water.sploTHUMPSomething considerably bigger hit it a second later, sending weak ripples as far as the skakdi.The remaining five Hackers smirked even as they acknowledged one of their companion's deaths. Evidently some of their shots had hit. But on the other hand, the gun their captive had taken held eight bullets. He could merely be faking death or injury.Either way, the toa was out of luck. They were taking no chances this time.The Hackers began to creep forwards. Their hands scrabbled along the walls, finding cracks in their cold gray surfaces--Cracks that the bullets had shot into--Cracks that were slowly starting to fill with sewage--Cracks that the gunman had been aiming for all along as he drove his foes right towards the edges of the corridor--Cracks marking where the structural integrity of the tunnel had been compromised just enough so that the sewage had seeped in and covered the floor--Cracks, in other words, showing where enough bullets aimed from memory and knowledge of the exact tunnel that Shadowman had been moving towards from the start--Would be just enough to bring down that section of the tunnel after an explosion weakened the structure.And as more cracks appeared in the concrete, more sewage began to force its way forth as it explosively tunneled, more of the skakdi looked up in sudden surprise--They realized that it had all been a ploy.*****Shadowman hadn't been improvising a grenade (a hau filled with ballistic-knife blades and c4 with a shirt strapping it all in) in a last-ditch effort to take his pursuers out. He hadn't revealed his bowler (stuffed full of his shirt to take shrapnel and then thrown into the air as a decoy) to them by accident. He hadn't been firing in attempt to force back the Hackers. The toa hadn't even been running to flee.In short:Everything he had done in the past hour had been meticulously planned from the start.Each act of his ever since his escape was one building up towards a single climatic event. And that event was nothing less than the total and utter destruction of the remaining Hackers in the group following him.*****The tunnel collapsed in a rush of sewage and concrete while the toa of Data lay in his soaked suit mere millimeters from the flooded portion of the hall...He had crawled out of it from his position near the waters' edge with the sopping ballistic knife he'd dropped as the three scrambled. He barely spared a glance to the skakdi struggling to survive against the onslaught.Finally all was still. The hatless and kanohi-lacking toa got up and waded back to the carnage.A pile of brown-green rubble awaited Shadowman. From forth it had emerged guns-limbs-and a face.A skakdi of Shadow's (he had ensured no stone or water skakdi survived to go after him) head had emerged from the concrete. It wore an Iden over its traditional sneer-a mask with glassed-over eyes and blood dribbling from its mouth.Shadowman calmly withdrew a Swiss army knife, flipped open its blade, slit the skakdi's throat, and placed the mask on its face while folding the knife back up.A waste of ammunition, he dismissed the thought of using his pistol to ensure death.Shadowman turned. Seeing that his hat was ruined by shot and sewage, he decided to test the mask on said hat.Shrapnel flew out of the stuffing at high-speed while the bowler bobbed up and down in the water. Then with one final burst, it flew towards the toa-causing him to deactivate his mask.The bowler stalled and landed right on the head of the Shadow skakdi. The maskless corpse's pink grin seemed to fill up with irony.The toa of Data turned and walked off, Iden-shaped Garai affixed firmly to face. He pocketed the knife.A shame my best bowler was lost...I suppose I'll have to obtain a new hat-preferably something vogue. I hear berets are in style this time of year..., the toa thought as he disappeared into the maze of tunnels.And this had been planned as well. Shadowman had timed his exit just right. With knowledge of the current state gleaned from Techna's 'spine' and his preexisting knowledge of the ship, he knew where exactly to go in order to evade detection and get back to his house.The toa inhaled the air by nose once-twice. There were no others around.Shadowman stepped back. The shadows of the alleys rose to embrace his body in their cool caress.With another movement he had disappeared into the blazing darkness.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: (West Front)"More of us will live. If we wouldn't bet on a great many lives, I'd offer you to make a wager. Kill me, and see how many of you survive that approaching planet."He flew way back when Matra's kick connected, however, somehow, he managed landing on his feet, steadying himself with the help of his Hau shield. When Matrapolix approached again, he simply grinned and jumped out of the way. In the place where Enaltai just stood, a wall of stone emerged from the ground. With the speed of Matrapolix's dash, he simply could not avoid slamming into it.

IC-Kal:"Nothing on watch," Kal said as he walked past the commander of the hacker encampment in the housing district. The commander nodded and checked something off. He looked back up at Kal."You're next to watch the prisoners, Falker," the commander said, then looked away again. Kal smiled-this was going perfect. He walked into the prisoner's holding area, relieving the guard on duty."Alright," he whispered to himself, "Time to free you guys." He went over to the computer the previous guard had been on, looking through programs. He found the one he needed....Program found: Wake PrisonersSelect Action: Y/NKal smiled, punching the Y button the keyboard. He heard a hiss, as the pods the prisoners were in opened, the pressurized air flowing out of them. He made a hole with his plasma, back down into the tunnels, and shoved some prisoners into it.He then replaced the bit of floor he had displaced after jumping in with the last of the prisoners, welding it back in place. He used a small plasma-light of his to look around-good. He'd dropped into a small pocket underground. A remnant of an earlier battle, perhaps?He checked his mental map of the tunnels, and blazed his way into a small side-tunnel away from the main force. He dragged the prisoners along behind him as he walked away, smiling. The first part of his plan had been completed.

(Housing District)Suddenly, Kal felt something. Something harsh. Somebody decided to seize him by the wrists and point a gun at his back."Get moving, prisoner. We'll find a cell for you, I'm sure. After you so rudely got rid of so many of their occupants."The Hacker, which was the guard he relieved at the hibernation cells, seemed to laugh when he saw the extremely surprised expression on Kal's face."What, you'd think we're that stupid? I've gone on ninety or more missions with Falker. I'd recognize him anyday."OOC: Consider this an official co-GM punishment for minor godmodding. You simply can't free them so easily. If I know anything, they'd have placed lots more guards down their main escape route than just one. And certainly not conveniently place a guard in a dead end nobody cares about. Not to mention I'm not sure if any Hacker would fall to such a trick as pretending to be another given how tightlyknit an organization they are.... and they don't have uniforms. Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

IC: Incommodo (Outside Prison)Unfortunately, Incommodo's reactions weren't quite as quick when it wasn't him falling, and he only managed to stop Arkak when he was an inch above the ground. He then let Arkak drop, safely.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (outside Technology Tower):The laser bolts and bullets flying down from the TT's windows and balconies struck on empty streets. Raknar's entire group had disappeared from the open. Not to say the firing stopped -- the guards were too trained for that -- but with a lack of any targets to strike and a limitation on ammunition, the firing did falter.That was when Raknar's Division A, battered and reduced to only several men, appeared. With shouts of recognition, some of the Technan guards turned to fire----and the noise served as cover for Division C to charge out of cover from the other side.They didn't make it to the foot of the Technology Tower; the gunfire was far too heavy. But they did serve as a distraction for Division B to pinpoint the locations of guards and begin picking them off.The few remaining survivors of Division A were dead now. A few raggled cries rose above the cool metal of the TT.And then many, many more shots struck the windows and balconies where guards stood, sending them back into cover.Through the midst of the chaos, Raknar ran to the TT's door. Evryx, the Skrall, was right behind him, as were two other Hackers. One was shot dead by a stray bullet. The other three reached cover without harm.Raknar coolly shot the camera, then used a password-cracking program to break through the door's locking mechanism. The door slid open----and gunfire tore out.Spitting curses, Raknar closed the door again and locked it. "We can't go this way," he said.Evryx shrugged. "Then we can climb--""Hush." Raknar cut off Evryx's sentence with a wave of his hand. A window had appeared on his HUD, a window with the text:Internet connection reestablished."The internet's back on." Raknar frowned -- then contacted Enaltai. "Enaltai, get your best men to start hacking the network. It's back up. We don't want Technans to communicate without us--"And then it was Raknar's turn to be cut off by a voice. A familiar voice. A maddeningly familiar voice, in fact..."Calling all citizens of Techna!""Torch," muttered the Skakdi of Data under his breath."We are currently under attack by a hostile force! Come east for shelter! If you are part of the hostile force..."A series of very, very profane words followed, and then the communication clicked off.

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk was quickly targeted by a group of Hackers, simply for being robotic. Thus, they thought he would most likely be fairly primitive, and easily dealt with. They didn't count on the fact that his mind was not a computer program originally. One, a Skakdi of Fire, jumped onto his back, looking to disrupt his power supply.Krayzikk grabbed the Skakdi by the neck, and slammed him into one of his fellows. He kicked another solidly in the head, and 'felt' something give way beneath his foot. A fourth Hacker charged Krayzikk with a minigun. Krayzikk knocked the minigun out of his hands, and shot the Toa with a pistol. IC: JikalSkull watched Incommodo and Arkrak from the shadows. Quickly, he deactivated the device that summoned his armor and it vanished back into a hyperspace pocket.Now Jikal, complete with a white suit and white fedora, he stepped out of the shadows and approached Incommodo and Arkrak. "Mind if I come? I'd rather not be out here alone, you know."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Gust (Western Front, Hacker Siege)Gust ducked the right hook of a particularly burly Skakdi of Stone and swung his fist into the Hacker's ribs. While he doubled over in pain, Gust grabbed his head and twisted, breaking his neck. Hearing a gun cock behind him, he spun, using the Skakdi's body as a shield as six bullets were fired at the Toa Techna of Air. He tossed the body forward, pinning the Vortixx to the ground. Gust ducked down and grabbed the Hacker's weapon and then stood, slamming his foot into the Hacker's face and knocking him unconscious.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC - Western FrontIf he was a normal person, he couldn't have made it. But he was a compute. As the wall came into vision, he calculated its height and his trajectory. He was able to leap over it."Challenge accepted."Matrapolix created a screeching sound in Enaltai's ear which he made it extremely hard to concentrate on his Hau, if at all. He instantly fired three bullets at him. He then charged, slicing and slashing with his sword.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Next post I'll finally let people interact with Shadowman.For this post, a good theme would be something by Chopin.IC: "I do think that Torch character does believe us to be in a spot of bother, old bean," Mr. Onua Gentii said cordially as he stood before a countertop shaking with each explosion.His tailor nodded back and sighed while sifting through different suits, hats, and eyewear to fit the toa's specifications. He paid no heed to the gunshots echoing down the street."Indeed so. It appears those Hacker chaps have formally begun their altercation with the crew. I'm afraid their philosophies mildly differ on matters, mate," he added while placing a pair of black Derbys before Gentii.The librarian's assistant gave a slight nod in return. He took the Derbys and put them in the changing room."It appears," he finally acknowledged as the building shook, "That their moderate differences have prevented them from coming to a conclusion as of yet.""Yes," the tailor said distractedly as he put out a pair of trousers and a dress shirt, ignoring the smoke creeping towards the window, "I do believe they shall continue their aggressive negotiations for the rest of this evening.""As only the most profound of debaters may," Gentii offered as he placed those articles of clothing in the dressing room as well.The tailor nodded solemnly. "As only those inspired might," he acknowledged while getting out a formal jacket as a molotov cocktail sailed into the bulletproof glass window of the store and shattered, leaving flaming alcohol dripping down its surface."Care for a spot of tea on the morrow, old chap?," Onua asked as he took away the blazer as well.The tailor gave a slight smirk as he produced a monocle and beret to finish up the suit. "At four-o-clock at the Cafe d'CPU I should think we may have the pleasure of each others' company," he said. "Now, if you'll excuse me," he added apologetically and with a slight nod to the currently blazing front of the store, "There is a small bit of mess I must take care of. Cheers!"Gentii slightly smirked in response. "Cheers," he replied while placing the credits that would pay for the package on the counter and walking into the changing room.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Incommodo (Prison)"The prisoners are leaving because someone broke them out." Incommodo explained. "I'm not sure what's going on, personally. Well, okay, that's a lie. Techna is under attack from hackers. There is currently little chance of success, and Torch is stuck somewhere in the middle of it. So, I ask you once again..." Incommodo took out one of his blades, and it glinted in the light. "Whose side are you on?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Incommodo (Outside Prison)"Oh, that's good then." Incommodo put away the blade. "I apologise for my behaviour there; with an attack going on, you can't be too careful."Incommodo held out his hand so Jikal could shake it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: JikalJikal shook Incommodo's hand, careful not to grip too hard, else he might be suspicious as to why such a timid being had such a strong grip. And from there, he might make the jump to why he was at the prison. Behind his kind and timid mask, everything Jikal said or did was carefully calculated and his true goals hidden. "I'm Jikal. I do a weekly charity visit to the prison. I was on my way here when all karz broke loose."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: JikalJikal allowed himself to be pulled, an expression of surprise on his face, and put into a headlock. He knew that if he resisted, Inc would know that something was wrong, that Jikal wasn't what he seemed. "What was the for?" Jikal complained.

fK5oqYf.jpg