Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC Oura - City of Fire - Talking to Calik:Oura nodded slowly, he traveled wherever he pleased, and did good along the way, so he was free to travel with Calik to the Antisphere. "I'll tag along, it's been too long since I've gone anywhere with another person," he said, waiting for Calik to lead the way.-Oura

OOC: Yes, but Japack thinks that if he lays down, Grochi will take command. He doesn't really like Grochi at the moment. =P

Windfly and Japack/Ga-Wahi, En Route to Po-Wahi with Grochi and VasilcIC:

"I think you are mixing this, the optican turtle, with the grinning turtle. They look similar - aside from the massive amount of eyes the former has. If the eyes on the shell weren't enough to make you believe me, the optican doesn't have a hyper-sensitive neck ridge, thus why it didn't calm down when you tried to pet it. Please, if we see another one, try to fight it, not tame it," Windfly replied, a hint of annoyance spiking her voice on the word "didn't."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Japack sighed as he caught the bottle and immediately began drinking. "Yeah, sure. Thanks, I guess."Windfly just facepalmed and sighed.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC (arena, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Awakening came slowly.Kimonou blinked as consciousness returned. The bliss of unconsciousness slipped away from him; he found himself wishing he could stay sleeping, perhaps even slip into a coma, if only to avoid more exertion.But then he sat up straight. Stay asleep? What cowardly Brakas would wish that?Bring it on. He stood up, checked his belt for his blade, checked his back for his disk, and waited for his cage to be opened.

IC: And opened it was. What Kimonou now saw in front of him was a young Matoran, who seemed scared of everything, desperately the Matoran clutched a stick not wanting to be killed. It was seemed Kimonou wasn't the only one dragged into this. Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC-Grochi:Grochi looked strangely at Vasilc, processing what she was saying, then he turned over to Captain Japack and burst out laughing. In between fits of chuckles and rivers of tears, he managed to say, "Of course, running from it. The only thing we didn't think of, eh captain?" He laughed harder, clutching his sides and rolling along the deck.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Well, if no one else is gonna move this RPG along...IC: Trun - City of StoneTrun, bored that everyone had stopped talking to him, decided to leave, and maybe find some adventure. Or potatoes. Stepping back into the sunlight, he smiled, praying he might find action.IC: Lithus - City of BlackLithus, slightly unnerved that the other Matoran had stopped doing anything, hurried back outside as quickly as possible. Only once she crossed the threshold to the outside, did she start breathing again. The young Matoran sighed a breath of relief, before grabbing her wagon and rushing away from the Antispire.OOC: Lithus and Trun open for interaction.

[ BZPRPG ]

"'Twould've sunk da ship if we didn' figh' it," responded Japack with a grunt. "Either way, wasn' expectin' a giant turtle."

"Indeed... Well den, shouldn' be much longer 'til we get t' da nor' side," Japack said. He hadn't really forgiven Grochi, but he wasn't going to spoil the rest of the trip with a grudge.

IC-Grochi:"That's good to know," Grochi said, pulling out a couple of glasses from his back. He filled them both with some special whiskey of his he had brought along, and handed one glass to Japack."How about a toast," Grochi said, "To a happy landing for all of us?" He raised his glass, then downed it with one gulp.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

• 2 weeks later...

IC (arena, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou stepped out of the cage almost hesitantly. He had no trouble killing someone out for his blood, but someone who had done -- and wished to continue doing -- nothing?Several steps forward, the dirt crunching underneath Kimonou's heels, and he was standing a few meters from the other Matoran, his dagger aimed roughly at the other's neck.A hiss: "Any ideas? Y'know, to break-escape?"

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: The Matoran panicked and tried to lunge at Kimonou, but his stick just snapped during the attack. More misfortune was in store for the Matoran as he desperately tried to pick up the shards of the stick, and tripped. At this point the Matoran just gave up, and stared up to Kimonou, eyes wide with fear.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (arena, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou grimaced, stepping forward, standing tall so the surrounding onlookers would think we was attempting to intimidate his opponent before finishing him."Don't fight!" he hissed quietly enough for only the Matoran to hear him. "I don't want to hurt you! I need your help to escape, though!"

IC (arena, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou swore under his breath. The longer the two talked, the more their captors would suspect them. They had to estabish some sort of understanding, and now."Look," he whispered, "I was snag-caught against my free-will, too! Now I ever-need your help to break-escape! Are you leaf-bound or are you a high-flyer?"

IC: The Matoran was about to speak when, bam, the gates were thrown open. The Matoran rushed in, still chanting in their strange language. Suddenly Kimonou and the Matoran found themselves being lifted up, as if they were being praised. However the destinations for the two were vastly different, Kimonou was led back to his cage, for it seemed he had more in store. The Matoran however was taken to what seemed to be a feast. Unfortunately Kimonou got to see no more as his cage was slammed shut, and he felt himself being carried off. He'd survived the Test of Strength, passed the Test of Character, now only one more challenge lay in store for him.ooC: Sorry if it seems, I'm rushing the plot a bit, but honestly nothing else is happening.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: No problem. I'd like to see something big happen in this RPG before it has to be closed, too.IC (cage, Le-Wahi forest):Jostled about in the cage, Kimonou had nary a moment to gather his bearings. He could tell the Matoran carrying him were making turns in rapid succession, as if they were following a twisting forest path. The rustling of leaves could be heard intermingled with the thump-thump-thump of Kimonou's carriers' footsteps.What was happening? Kimonou had expected to be executed for refusing to kill the young Matoran, but instead he had been praised and then hurried back into his cage.For the time he lay in the cage, he thought about what might be next. His mind found no answers; nor did those carrying Kimonou offer any.

ooC: They you don't mind if I rush, this won't be some of my best RP'ing.IC: Soon Kimonou stopped again, and while the Matoran may have been expecting another battle, or perhaps even a feast, such as the one the little Matoran had experience, when the cage opened his eyes were greeted instead by a new sight. What the Matoran saw now was a door, and not just any door, but a door to a temple built by the Toa themselves.Unfortunately the door in question was locked, on the front there was, what seemed to be, a jumbled up image made of separate tiles 8 to be exact, it seemed one was missing.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (temple, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou stumbled into the sunlight. He stood now in the middle of a rough dirt path that straggled to the massive stone doors; the tall grass on either side of the path scintillated as they were waved by a cool breeze. The temple was massive enough, and he close enough, that he could not ascertain its shape even if he stood on the balls of his feet and arched backward.The puzzle on the temple wall was jumbled in the same fashion as small toys Kimonou had seen back in the village of Le-Koro: moving one tile into one blank space at a time, one had to rearrange the tiles to form a continuous image.Of course, in those cases, the tiles were not only small, but the toy itself came with a picture of the finished image. In this case, there were no hints. Kimonou was on his own.To the untrained eye, the jumble of tiles on the temple's wall would represent an enigma: no solid lines, no sure shapes to make out. The untrained eye would rearrange the tiles with abandon till he pieced together a semblance of an image.But Kimonou was no owner of untrained eyes. The jungle, too, defied untrained gazes, forcing them off the path and pushing them through places that all seemed the same. Kimonou had lived in and around the jungle all his life; he knew how to distinguish one spot of the forest from another and piece together various landmarks into an image of a path.Surely moving several tiles would be easier.He walked closer to the tiles, noting that they were large enough to cause problems when being moved yet small enough that Kimonou could grasp them without much trouble. After looking over the various lines and making no sense of them, he stepped back and searched first the top and bottom edges of all the tiles, looking for lines in similar spots on top and bottom that could link when placed together. That done, he mentally placed the lines together and tried to make sense of the resultant image.OOC: If you don't mind telling me what the image is, could you do so please?