Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC: RamanoxRamanox finally reached Romulus, "Uh hey, Romulus, sir, Xyron dropped these," Ramanox said holding up Xyron's bag of supplies.IC: Lif"You know sir, it's generally considered polite to answer peoples questions." I stated, but then after a second I revised my statement. "Of course maybe you just didn't hear her. That's okay people rarely seem to hear me, I say stuff but no one responds."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: I totally missed Lev's post. =P

Vrinlath/Wherever, Looking for SomethingIC:

Vrinlath seemed to have zoned onto a tablet for a moment, ignoring the world. When he came back to awareness of the two, he said, "Oh! Sorry. Recollection. But, uh, yeah. This place is an old meeting grounds for a small council of wich I took part. So many memories... I suppose half these trinkets are of rather great worth. But you don't really look like treasure hunters, now do you? No, I assume you're hunting for history? For something regarding the mysterious disappearance of the toa? If so, fate has brought us together. I was just here to refresh my memory on anything that could be helpful in that case."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]"Well I... I don't know. I'm suffering from amnesia. I only have a few weeks of memory." Vasilc avoided Japack's gaze as she spoke - she felt foolish to admit it, and could feel a flush of embarrassment coming into her cheeks. "This hut was empty when I found it. I've been using it for shelter..."

OOC: Aaand finally posting in here, however long after actually joining... X3IC - Decaia - The Bay of Hodor: A simple fishing boat was all that one would note, just off the coast of Ga-Wahi. A fishing boat and the Ga-Matoran sitting relatively peacefully within, fishing rod in hand, a small glass filled with some unknown drink next to him. Decaia stared intently at the floating bob that he had cast, waiting -- as he had been doing for the past several minutes -- for a catch -- a fish, a crab, a turtle, whatever happened to be silly enough to take the bait and set off his fisherman instinct.On top of his waiting, however, he was bored. The fish didn't seem to be very active today; within his bucket were maybe two or three fish, none of them very big. It made him wish for something bigger to happen -- something to frighten him, something to astound him, anything that would make this dull, cloudy day worthwhile...Glancing down at the floor of the boat, he stopped himself from jumping up in surprise as his wish was seemingly granted: A hole had appeared in his boat! That certainly wasn't good; he would have to patch it up, and there was no way he'd be able to stay out in the water for more than maybe fifteen minutes before it filled with water and sunk.Sighing, he grabbed an oar and began to paddle back to shore...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Trun raised an eyebrow and smiled, 'Ah, the pleasure is ours sir. But, back to business. While I respect your plan in it's elegance, I still don't understand the 'why' behind this...conflict. Well, actually that's a lie, I do know.'

"Yeah, you do," Seclum said. "You've been told, twice already. The Elders of Ta-Wahi betrayed an Elcer's code to not give military advice, and with their wisdom being used for destructive purposes, not only are hey traitors, but the Army of Fire has an unbalanced advantage against us. If they attack us, we would not know how to defend. Simple enough for you now?" he said, yawning.

IC: RamanoxRamanox finally reached Romulus, "Uh hey, Romulus, sir, Xyron dropped these," Ramanox said holding up Xyron's bag of supplies.

"Interesting. But I won't touch it, not here," Romulus said, handing the bag to an attendant who put it in an evidence bag and sealed it. "No way of knowing what other surprises he has inside there. I'll look into it while we travel. Speaking of which, we should get started with that."

IC (Kini-Toa):"I'm not leap-prancing," Kimonou responded, hitting a hurt tone in stride, "I'm climbing. What's bad-wrong about copy-following the Brakas monkeys?"He glanced up to the statue behind him. It continued to stare far over his head into the trees beyond the Kini-Toa. "If you have to hear-know, I was find-seeking hide-secrets. My brother-Matoran jabber-talk about the Kini-Toa having many hide-secrets, but no one has seek-found any. I wanted to be the first." His hurt tone disappeared, replaced with a casual, business-like air. "Maybe you peace-friends know anything?"

"Secrets?" the being snorted. "This is the place where secrets are kept, but not where they are found. We have tried hundreds of years to find the answers here. What makes you think you deserve to know more in a few moments than we could not scrounge in centuries?" he asked.

IC (Kini-Toa):Kimonou snorted, lowering his blade a little. "Because I'm a Matoran, too, and I deserve to know-discover where the Toa-heroes went and how to seek-find them just as ever-much as you. If you can't notice-see that, you aren't a friend-brother."He looked around. "Perhaps with one Matoran more you may discover-find what you seek. Where have you search-looked?"

Ic: "Everyplace," the man answered. "We and the others have plagues this temple and all like it thousands of times. There is nothing you can find that we have not," the man observed. And as if they were commanded by some sort of invisible puppeteer, the matoran in the circle began to quietly chant again, their weapons suddenly ready again."Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke. Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke. Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke."

OOC: Eh, I suppose that's what happens. Aw well... ^_^IC: Calik - City of FireCalik chuckled, 'Huh, what do you know, so am I. Just one difference between the two of us: I get paid to do this.'IC: Trun - City of StoneTrun raised an eyebrow, 'Urm, I did not know that. I figured it was Xenophobia or something.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: the tribal savages continued their chant, louder now. "Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke. Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke.Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke." And then, suddenly, they charged and cried out, "Pabu Nakaii kyaaaa!" Though their weapons were bared and ready to skewer Kimonou, a break in the formation, a flaw in the charge, allowed a gap with which the Le-Matoran could escape through.

Ic: "Of course we are, as as soon as we are ready," the Disciple said. Seclum chose a simple Maha costume and gave a salute. "Alright, then. Let's head to the dock. We'll take out first boat from there.""But for the record, Trun, I can't imagine why you would think it was xenophobia. Seriously," Seclum said.Ooc: :P (No, really, I can't, lol.)

Edited by EmperorWhenua

"Interesting. But I won't touch it, not here," Romulus said, handing the bag to an attendant who put it in an evidence bag and sealed it. "No way of knowing what other surprises he has inside there. I'll look into it while we travel. Speaking of which, we should get started with that."

IC: Ramanox "About Karz-bloody time me legs have been aching to get moving." Ramanox replied.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Ic: the tribal savages continued their chant, louder now. "Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke. Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke. Echla, pacha jimbabu ngleke." And then, suddenly, they charged and cried out, "Pabu Nakaii kyaaaa!" Though their weapons were bared and ready to skewer Kimonou, a break in the formation, a flaw in the charge, allowed a gap with which the Le-Matoran could escape through.

IC (Kini-Toa):Kimonou spotted the gap in the attackers' formation like he would spot a path in the jungle undergrowth. He darted forward and, before the other Matoran could do more than wonder why he was charging forward, cleared the gap.He was in the clear."You know what?" he called, turning and running backwards. "You Brakas can rot with your secrets for all I care!"He spun and ran into the undergrowth. Beneath the mottled shadows of the dense jungle, he veered to the left, back to Le-Koro.Except, he had no intentions of going home.He waited till he had run far enough into the forest to be out of sight. Then he veered hard right, stealthily making his way around the Kini-Toa's clearing's perimeter. Leaves whacked him in the face, but he dared not use his blade for fear the tribal Matoran might hear him.After fifty-some meters of walking, he judged he had come far enough and stopped. Then, ever so carefully, he shimmied up a tree, using branches as footholds where he could.He reached one of the large upper branches above the main canopy without incident and stepped onto it. It barely gave. Satisfied, Kimonou crouched atop it. From here he could see the Kini-Toa. He would also, he hoped, be able to see the secret that the Matoran tribe had tried to kill him over. Edited by Legolover-361

Japack/Ga-Wahi-Ko-Wahi Border, Speaking with VasilcIC:

"Eh? Really now? Well, ain't that a pity. Well, while tryin' t' find yer memory, would ye want t' join me crew?" asked Vasilc right before he took a bite of fish.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]"Your... crew?" Vasilc took a moment to twig that the self-professed Captain was referring to a seafaring crew. "Oh, sorry, I understand. I wouldn't refuse an opportunity to travel to new places, but I fear that I have no skills that would be useful to you. Might I ask where you plan to sail?"

IC (Kini-Toa):Kimonou spotted the gap in the attackers' formation like he would spot a path in the jungle undergrowth. He darted forward and, before the other Matoran could do more than wonder why he was charging forward, cleared the gap.He was in the clear."You know what?" he called, turning and running backwards. "You Brakas can rot with your secrets for all I care!"He spun and ran into the undergrowth. Beneath the mottled shadows of the dense jungle, he veered to the left, back to Le-Koro.Except, he had no intentions of going home.He waited till he had run far enough into the forest to be out of sight. Then he veered hard right, stealthily making his way around the Kini-Toa's clearing's perimeter. Leaves whacked him in the face, but he dared not use his blade for fear the tribal Matoran might hear him.After fifty-some meters of walking, he judged he had come far enough and stopped. Then, ever so carefully, he shimmied up a tree, using branches as footholds where he could.He reached one of the large upper branches above the main canopy without incident and stepped onto it. It barely gave. Satisfied, Kimonou crouched atop it. From here he could see the Kini-Toa. He would also, he hoped, be able to see the secret that the Matoran tribe had tried to kill him over.

Ooc: Okay, you went farther than I wanted you to, but whatever. :PIc: Kimonou thought he was safe, but he heard some rustling in the branch above. Turning to see what it was, he found himself face to face with a brakas monkey. They stared at one another for a long moment, until suddenly the monkey went into a frenzy, eventually chasing Kimonou out of the tree, half scaring him and half throwing him.He fell quickly, but the ground zipped by him as he fell into a hole. It was a trap.He got up, but soon discovered that the wall was unscaleable, and before long, the savages were peering down from the sides. "Hoist him up!" the one with the poncho ordered. Kimonou was indeed hoisted up, but in a cage. "You are our prisoner now," the matoran said to him. "Try and escape, and you'll be dead. Stay there, and you'll be safe," he stated before leading the band away, the cage held aloft by the matoran as if in a litter.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]"It's in the hut. I'll just go and fetch it," said Vasilc, finishing her portion of fish. She darted inside, and emerged a few minutes later with a disk in hand. It was of a whitish colour, with a pale green hue. "I've been training myself to fight a little bit, against the Rahi that live in the area."She closed her eyes in concentration, free arm extended. Suddenly a thorny vine sprouted from her palm, snaked towards the now-empty leaf that had previously held their food, and in a whipping motion tore the leaf to shreds. It retracted just as quickly. Vasilc waited for Japack to voice his opinion...

"Oh! Very nice, very nice! So 't be control over da plantlife, eh? That'd be useful indeed!" he exclaimed, the tooth-lacking smile growing upon his face.

OOC: Whoops. In the words of Admiral Ackbar: IT'S A TRAP!IC (Le-Wahi forest):At this point, cursing would only worsen Kimonou's situation. He tried it anyway. The tribal Matoran proved invincible to such a pitiful means of retaliation.So as he was carried, Kimonou examined his captors. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask some questions.For example: "Where are you taking me?"

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]"R-really?" Vasilc smiled. She was glad to have made a good impression; as she'd said, Japack was the first Matoran she had seen since the memory loss (and since she didn't remember meeting any Matoran before that, he was effectively the only Matoran she'd seen) making her eager to get on with him.But there was one point that puzzled her."I don't mean to sound rude in saying this, but... how can you be a Captain if you don't already have a crew?"

Edited by Kumata

"Well, why not? I'm da only pirate in da world, as far as I know. Thus, I'm da cap'n of all pirates. Makes sense t' me."

OOC: Whoops. In the words of Admiral Ackbar: IT'S A TRAP!IC (Le-Wahi forest):At this point, cursing would only worsen Kimonou's situation. He tried it anyway. The tribal Matoran proved invincible to such a pitiful means of retaliation.So as he was carried, Kimonou examined his captors. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask some questions.For example: "Where are you taking me?"

Ic: The matoran remained silent, immune to that, too. They seemed to be humming something, too, which may have played a part in their apparent immunity.****Romulus dismissed the formality of the travelers. "No need to salute me here and now, I'm just tagging along. This trip belongs to Jeldrax," he said, deferring authority to him.****The Disciple and Seclum led the group down. First they took a stone elevator, a piece of remarkable ingenuity, that descended down the side of the stone tower's cliffs. Stone on stone, powered by ropes and stone cogs, ground in an earthy grinding noise as the mechanisms worked. Once they reached a midway point, the elevator stopped, and they took to walking again, traveling down a narrow stone step pathway that made several switchbacks and wound around the tower several times, sometimes interripted only by wooden walkways where the stone had carved off the tower. As they descended, the sound of the sand river grew louder and louder, like a softly hissing snake coming closer and closer.HisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssPebbles rained down on them at times, a distinct reminder that their homes were in fact slowly falling apart, urging them to go faster and faster.

"I won't try t' sugar-coat it, no. I'm a pirate. A plunderer. The title isn't used much now, is it? But I hold t' it. It's what I am. Of course, I only steal when necessary, and I've only killed a few matoran in barfights..."

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]Vasilc frowned. Her excitement and entheusiasm was dampened somewhat by the confession that she was face-to-face with a thief and a murderer. She knew not what her morals had been in her past life, but there was an automatic feeling of repulsion within her now that she knew what Captain Japack was.Then again, she thought, the world was in a sorry state. Somehow she knew that since the disappearance of the Toa, life on Kini karda had changed for the worse. Though she knew not from experience what life in the cities was like, she imagined that civility must have degraded in the chaos following the Kuogo breakoff and other such calamities. Perhaps Japack was just a product of unfortunate circumstances. It might have been her desperation not to let her only Matoran contact leave, but she couldn't bring herself to openly condemn him."... if I were to join your crew, what exactly is it that you would have me do? Why do you wish to visit Po-Wahi?" She asked carefully, after a period of thought.

"Japack noticed Vasilc's slight look of disapproval and added, "But I try to be respectable as I can. I trade, mostly. 'Course, some of my wares are less-than-legal, but I get good money, an' I try t' donate extra t' charity. When I'm not piratin', I help da good people. Sometimes when I am piratin', for that matter. What would ye do? Well, help keep me poor ship afloat. Help sell wares. Provide company, too. We could be friends wit' each other."

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]Vasilc's Arthron contorted for a moment as she considered the pirate's words. He might be lying in an effort to coax her onto his crew, but in any case, Vasilc would prefer to go with him and find out he was bad company than to refuse his offer and remain here, sorely regretting the decision. The urge to travel and meet new Matoran was just too strong. Vasilc had had enough of loneliness."I would like to join your crew, then," said Vasilc, with a genuine smile. "If you give me a few moments to gather my things, we can set off at once."OOC: Well, on joining this RPG I honestly didn't expect Vasilc to become a pirate. :D

OOC: Yeah, wouldn't have pinned it on her. =P

"Ye sure, Vasilc? I'm a pirate, and ye didn't seem so sure a few seconds afore now. But, if yer sure, then welcome to the crew, Firs' Mate Vasilc! I'd prefer Cap'n Japack, but me name is fine alone."

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax nodded, and said, "I'm honored. But in any case - let's move out."He turned, heading out - the city gates were opening up again, so they wouldn't have any difficulties leaving the city.IC: Aiazoah / Frozen Winds Shrine"Do you happen to know anything about this place, other than that it was for meetings?" Aiazoah asked. "The place seems... connected with the elements, right down to its core. Unmelting ice, endless water - I don't even ask what lies in the third room, no doubt that of air based on our location."She shrugged. "The worth of these relics isn't a concern of mine. All I want is to find the Toa. Where they could have gone. But despite the marvels here, nothing has been found to help with that goal. Perhaps we can compare knowledge bases?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Vrinlath/Frozen Winds ShrineIC:

"It's amazing, isn't it? The construction was aided by the toa themselves. But no, I don't know what happened after I stopped coming to the meetings. And also, I would be perfectly happy to compare."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

IC: Trun - City of StoneTrun, not being a soldier, did not salute, nor show any sort of military respect,' Well, I guess it's like this: The Army of Fire comes, they try to impose their way of life on you, because they don't understand you. To them, you're a wild card. You guys don't want their way of life, because you don't know, nor understand it. This creates massive amounts of tension, and since neither understands the other, you respond in the only way you know how: By beating the Karz outta each other.'With that, he pulled back out his half-eaten potato, chewing it slowly and methodically.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]What Vasilc was sure of was that she didn't want to be left alone again. Whether he was good company or not, she would travel with Captain Japack and, if destiny favoured her, find a way to regain her lost memories.She disappeared inside the hut and reappeared a few moments later, travelling pack strapped to her back. She had filled it with all the useful items she owned - her disk, a basic map of the island, an extendible fishing rod, a long knife, and some berries that would stay fresh for some time."I'm ready, Captain," she said.

OOC: Eh, I suppose that's what happens. Aw well... ^_^IC: Calik - City of FireCalik chuckled, 'Huh, what do you know, so am I. Just one difference between the two of us: I get paid to do this.'-Void

IC Oura - City of Fire - Talking to Calik: "Hm... so you have an employer? That isn't quite so free, if you think about it," he said, unless he hired himself out to help others in need for pay. Oura did his job for free, never asking for anything in return, only doing what was right.-Oura