Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC: Xyron kicked at Jeldrax's feet, causing him to fall back. This gave Xyron time to spring to his feet and drew his machete, but Jeldrax was still between him and his disc.Angered, Jeldrax swung his sword hard. Xyron parried it, but he could already feel the strength behind the blow. One on one, he wouldn't last against Jeldrax.Besides, with more solders rushing up behind him, he didn't have the time.Jeldrax swung his sword, but this time Xyron gracefully dodged around it. Before Jeldrax could recover, Xyron slipped around him, grabbed his disc, and ran. Only he had nowhere to go; the streets were filling up with soldiers.So he took an alternate route. Using his disc to decrease his weight, he jumped and landed on the roof of the nearest building...:music:

OOC: I would appreciate if, in the future, you didn't dictate my characters actions in combat.IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax could see his target running. Angered, he grabbed a javelin held by one of the soldiers and hurled it at the fleeing matoran before shouting out, "Capture him before he escapes the city!"IC: Aiazoah / Frozen Air Shrine (that sounds nice)Aiazoah stared in awe at where they were. The shrines appearance was deceptive on the outside; it actually opened up above, letting the light fall down. A pool of water sat in the middle, and a massive statue to Toa Chamina. From the statues hands poured out water - a complex mechanism, whatever his was - that went down to the pool that lay below. It was truly awe inspiring.The room was circular, and on the left side was a staircase that led up to a platform on the right where an altar sat. The stairs were crumbling apart, it seemed. To the right was a passage way leading to a door behind the statue, and past that the completion of the loop."Come on," she said, headng around and to the door. "Who knows what we could find here!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Alfon (Heading to the City of Stone)"Got it!" said the tall Matoran of Electricity, beginning to make his way to where he thought was the City of Stone. Alfon was heading in the right direction and would be there in an hour at the most although he didn't fully trust himself as it was common for him to get lost, despite being an explorer.

OOC: Sorry, I tried to keep your character's actions true and fair, and actually gave him the advantage. Didn't knock him down and put a knife to his throat or anything.IC: Xyron got hit at a glancing blow by the javlin, and tumbled off the roof into a side street, which was luckily empty... at first. :music:

Edited by xccj

IC: RamanoxStill remaining invisible, Ramanox acted fast, quickly climbing up one of the roofs and following Xyron. The Le-Matoran may have been fast in Le-Wahi, but this was his turf, and Ramanox knew every inch of it. He had scaled many of these very walls countless times. Seeing Xyron fall into the street, Ramanox leaped down, and while still invisible ran forward and tried to tackle Xyron.IC: LifI gazed in amazment at the wonders of the place, I tried to sketch it into my notebook but Aiazoah was calling me, so I followed.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Xyron heard something scrape the dirt behind him. He spun around, expecting to see another charging guard. But the street was still empty.Then something tackled him. And Xyron realized that the street wasn't empty; his opponent must be using invisibility or illusions to hide themselves. He jumped to his feet and started to run. Unknown to him, his pack of supplies had been ripped off. All he had with him was his disc and machete.:music:

IC: RamanoxRamanox saw his opponent continue to run, and he smiled. First Nikaron jumped onto a barrel, leaped to a window and pulled himself upto a roof. Then he ran forward until he had ran past Xyron. He then proceeded to leap down in front of Xyron, drop his invisibility and point both his swords at Xyron. "Give up, you can't win this man." Ramanox said.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: TrunTrun didn't flinch once as Traya twirled her trident, 'Well, if I was a foreign spy, I'd be a pretty lousy one wouldn't I? Unless, of course, I wanted to appear to be a lousy spy, so that you'd assume that I'm not a spy, but I actually was one! Whaddaya think of that!'IC: LithusAgainst all survival instincts, Lithus ran up, grabbing Darmus by the arm, 'No, there's no one else! Just let me leave! I don't even want to steal the tablet anymore!'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Alfon (City of Stone)Alfon arrived in the City of Stone, weary from his travels in the desert and previous condition from nearly drowning in the Great Sand River. The Matoran walked around a bit, looking here and there for anything that caught his eye. Every Wahi and its city were so unique and beautiful and Alfon took a great liking to their world. That's why he became an explorer and adventurer.Soon, he found the stone monument Ledzel mentioned and sat on a nearby stone bench, waiting for his new acquaintance to arrive. He was excited to converse with the Matoran of Stone about their travels and where they would go, if they agreed to travel together of course.

IC: Aiazoah / Frozen Air ShrineAiazoah reached the far door behind the statue. However, instead of proving easy to open, it resisted every effort."I think I almost got it..." she said as she finally wrenched the door open. However, as she stumbled back, her eyes went wide and she was about to proclaim an exclamation - a swarm of ice bats hit her like a battering ram, knocking her back and into the water behind the statue.Pulling herself up, she groaned and said, "Who ever thought that ice bats could hurt anybody."IC: Jeldrax / City of FireIt was slow going, but Jeldrax was running fast enough now that he had come in sight of the fleeing matoran - and the gates. "Close the gates!" he shouted as loudly as he could. With the number of other guards in pursuit, the one at the gate quickly activated the mechanisms and formed lines to prevent anyone from getting out.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Ic: Romulus stepped out of the gates of the citadel, another entourage with him already. He hadn't reached for his sword yet, only his disk in hand. He dramatically looked left, then right as the camera panned dramatically to his face.And revealed that he could see his breath.He looked up at the sky, previously red but now mottled with gray clouds. and specks of snow fell to the ground, quickly melting as they hit the stone. Of all the times for nature to enter his city, it had to choose this moment. For some, it seemed almost prophetic of the times to come, but Romulus was a literalist. This was an annoyance, not an omen.Kondam was safe, but he was also away. And for now, with the other generals away, Romulus was the only one who could order on the level of the senior general. For now, he was the Frareo's Best. One of the guards already was sealing one of the gates to the city, but there were many walls within walls in this city and Jeldrax's order had only impacted one inner gate. And, with all the authority befitting his position, Romulus changed that. "Seal the city!" he barked. "All gates: closed. Close the main gate! Now! We won't let this assassin ruin our home!"Immediately, those who had been idle moments before were to work, either delivering the command or doing it themselves. Within moments, the loud creaks of the gates were punctuated with the powerful bang of their complete sealing. There was no place for Xyron to run to."All of you, search for him. He can't have gone far."

IC: A Matoran appeared in front of Xyron, blocking his way. And already, he could hear the city buzz to life with solders who were sealing off the gates and searching for him. The hunt was on for him, and this irked Xyron because HE was usually the hunter.But he did have one advantage. The Ta-Matoran relied too much on their doors and gates. But in the city of trees, a tall wall wasn't enough to stop a nimble Matoran, and Xyron was one of the best climbers around."Don't you get it?" he said to the Matoran ahead of him. "I've been set up.""Tell it to the guards," Ramanox replied.Xyron darted forward, swinging his machete. Ramanox blocked the blow with his two swords, but as he did so Xyron jumped and sailed over his head. The Le-Matoran jumped for the nearest building and quickly climbed up to the roof again."Now to get away," Xyron said to himself. But a backwards glance showed him Ramanox scaling the building just as quickly as he had. Apparently there were some in the City of Fire who could climb.:music:

IC: RamanoxRamanox continued to give chase, soon Xyron and him were crossing on a narrow crossway. Ramanox smiled, this was an opportunity he could take advantage of. Unsheathing his dagger he took aim, and threw it at Xyron. Xyron would either get hit, or dodge but fall off. It was a win-win situation for Ramanox.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Ic: "He's climbing," one of the soldiers reported."That's not an issue," Rom stated. "I'm going to the main city gate.""What for, sir?" the man asked quizzically."The man can climb all the walls he wants to, but there is only one way out of this city and he can't climb through it," he said, walking away. The others quickly understood what he meant: the great causeway across the lake of fire. Even if Xyron was able to leave the city itself, he would never make it across the vast bridge that spanned from the gate to the land across the vast, flaming moat.

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax had the same basic idea, and was rushing along towards the main gate. He was able to get through the first inner gate, but he came upon a problem with the second."Look, I'm sorry, but nobody is getting past." the guard said."You're seriously going to make an issue out of this with me?" he demanded. Then, he sighed. The guard was right - nobody could get through, even another member of the guard.The wall climber hadn't gotten this far yet, and he would need to pass this wall. There weren't any buildings here; they could block him off."Give me your crossbow." he demanded to one.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Xyron saw the blade flying towards him, and grabbed his disc. A slight increase in gravity, and the dagger flew off course, and fell off the roof. Ramanox frowned, and prepared for his next attack. But Xyron wasn't waiting for him. He ran to the edge of the building and jumped, decreasing his gravity as he did so. This allowed him to glide over to the next roof.But it also allowed more guards on the ground to sight him...OOC: Yay I have like half the RPGers after me. :D:music:

IC: RamanoxRamanox sighed as his dagger went off course, it was his favorite and daggers of it's quality were hard to come by these days. Making a mental note of it's location, he continued to give chase after Xyron. However he was forced to stop at the roof, without powers like Xyron's he couldn't make that jump. However Ramanox knew the streets of this Koro better than anyone else. First he turned off right and ran through a back alley, then he rouned a corner and then turned right. Quickly climbing up a nearby building, he ran to a clothesline, swung from it, rolled right behind Xyron and the continued to give chase. This wasn't over yet.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: As Xyron ran, he knew that he needed a plan. Already he could see the edge of the city... and then the lava lake beyond it. He couldn't take the main gate; they would surely have that blocked. So was there another way out? The short answer was no. Even with his disc, he couldn't just glide over the entire lake of lava... or could he?If his plan was to work, he'd need a few extra items. A large cloth would help. He also needed to find a tall structure on the edge of the village. In the distance, he could see just what he needed; unfortunately, it was a guard tower. He would have to fight his way out.Actually, he would have to fight even more. Ramanox had somehow made it on the rooftops again, and was giving chase...:music:

IC: RamanoxRamanox called out, "Seriously dude just stop and turn yourself in, if you really are innocent you've got nothing to worry about. The guards will sort things out, and you'll be on your way. The more you run, the more guilty you make yourself look." Ramanox then sped himself up in order to catchup.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC(Ledzel approaching Alfon in the City of Stone)

After checking in with his fellow soldiers, Ledzel was travelling to Alfon yet again. He was excited to talk to a fellow adventurer and was eager for the oppurtunity."Alfon!" he exclaims upon seeing the Matoran. "Glad to see mu directions didn't throw you off."-Mef Man

IC(Ledzel talking to Alfon in the City of Stone)

Travel together? The thought had never occured to the Po-Matoran, but it sounded interesting. The reason he came was to share stories and look over each other's finds."Sure, but I'll have to get a pass so we can leave," he replies. "How long do you think we'll be travelling?"-Mef Man

IC: Alfon (City of Stone)"Well I'm fresh out of ideas so how about we start walking wherever our feet take us? We'll probably end up in some random Wahi or if we're lucky, we'll stumble upon artifacts, maybe even a shrine or temple. If we're unlucky, we'll probably run into bad company."OOC: I'm honestly at a loss for what to do in this rpg.

Ooc: The fun isn't exploring the places I described, it's about inventing new ones and creating the atmosphere, or going to the places I described and finding the secrets inside them, because there are many secrets. Who knows, you might even learn about how to save the island. Wouldn't that be nice?

PLOT POINT

Ic: Basilli reclined nervously behind his desk (if you could call it that), his Elder adviser at his side. Before him stood one of his most trusted men. "I need you to go and gather those you think are best for a high-stakes challenge," he said. "Choose wisely.""What challenge is this?" the man asked."Something I never thought we could stoop down to doing," Basilli confessed. "We need to kidnap the Elders of the City of Fire. All five of them." He exchanged looks with his adviser as he spoke, reinforcing the validity of the statement.The man balked, clearly shocked. "What? An attack on the City of--""No, it's not an attack on the City of Fire. It's a kidnapping of the Elders there. Under no circumstances are you to openly engage with the city guards. Is that understood?""Yes..." the man said slowly."Good. Gather those who you feel are best for this task and tell them what I have told you once they are gathered. You will find disguises in the warehouse room. You'll need them -- being spotted like we are would mean instant death.""Yes, Basilli," the man said, bowing and then leaving the room.Ooc: If you're in the City of Stone and want something to do, have this man visit you and meet in the fortress.

IC: Xyron paused at the edge of the building. Ramanox approached slowly, taking his halt as a sign of surrender. "Just give yourself up and we can end this..." he started to say.Xyron jumped, but this time it wasn't towards another building. There was a market stand below, whose owner had rushed off in order to guard the walls. When he had left, he put a cover over it to keep his goods from getting snowed on. Xyron landed next to the stand, grabbed the cover, and took off running towards the tall guard tower nearby.Ramanox sighed, knowing that the chase wasn't over yet. "Stupid Le-Matoran.":music:

IC(Ledzel talking to Alfon in the City of Stone)

Before Ledzel could reply, a man was approaching them. Soon, he told them about a certain job that needed to be done and was off; telling them to meet in a nearby warehouse."I'm going," Ledzel says to Alfon; wanting to help against the Village of Fire. "This will help my fellow Matoran out greatly; would you like to join me?" asks the Matoran. Ledzel wasn't huge on fighting, but it would help his fellow Po-Matoran and his fellow members in the camp. He had to do this.

IC: TrunTrun flashed a knowing grin, 'Not my enemies.'Unexpectedly, the Onu-Matoran sat down on the ground and fished out a small potato from his sack. Slowly and methodically, he began munching on it. Suddenly, as if remembering she was still there, he dug another out as well, holding it up to her.'Care for a sun-dried potato? They're quite good.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Alfon (City of Stone)"Sure, why not?" said Alfon, following Ledzel. "It's not like I have much to do, anyways. Plus, I think I'll enjoy this very much and come in handy on this trip to the City of Fire."Alfon wasn't exactly a big fan of the City of Fire and its army but nor did he bear a grudge against them. To him, they were nothing but a bit of an annoyance so he had no objection to causing a little chaos. Not to mention, who actually has the chance to participate in kidnapping one of the elders?

OOC: Okay, EW, you have two loyal subjects ready to kidnap the elders. :P

IC

(Ledzel approaching Warehouse in the City of Stone with Alfon)

Ledzel leads Alfon toward the warehouse for their disguises."Who will you be disguised as?" asks the Po-Matoran. "I think I'll be disguised as a Ta-Matoran for irony's sake," he jokes. How strange would it be for a Ta-Matoran to kidnap a Turaga of Fire?-Mef Man

Ooc: Mef, read the factions list again: there are no turaga. The Elders are just wizened matoran. Everybody is a matoran.If anyone else wants in, don't worry about this post; just say you've already been visited.Ic: The Disciple opened the warehouse after collecting the people he wanted for the striketeam. Not all of them had come yet, but there was no reason to hinter those who were there already. "We don't have much in the way of disguises," he admitted. "We have a Ta-Matoran suit, an Onu-Matoran jester outfit and an Elder poncho, but the rest are... rahi outfits..."

IC: AlfonArriving at the warehouse, Alfon saw one of the disciples opening it up with a bunch of disguises, explaining what was in stock. Alfon stepped inside to have a look at what else but like the disciple said, only a Ta-Matoran outfit, an Onu Jester and some Rahi outfits."If you don't mind, I think I'll take the Onu-Matoran Jester outfit." he said to the disciple in charge of the warehouse.

IC: Traya:Traya left Turen eating a potato, bored of his blank face. She went over where to strikefotce was developing. "Traya. Let me in; I am a full citizen," she told the guard, then entered the room. "Disguises? You mean..? Interesting."OOC: Sorry Emissary, but I don't want to be late. Just say you followed Traya to the strikeforce.

Edited by Rakata

OOC: S'okay, sorry for the delay. BTW, why do you keep calling him Turen?IC: Trun - City of StoneSilently and slowly, Trun got to his feet, still eating his potato. He followed Traya casually, glancing around, as if window-shopping in the streets. The city was full of sun-bleached adobes, worn and rough from years of sandstorms. Sometimes, Trun found the inhabitants to be the same way.Soon, however, the sight of the warehouse, with a strike force readying themselves, shook the Matoran from his reverie.'Well, I'll be,' he exclaimed, 'Never thought I'd live to see a full strike force ready and able, preparing to crush their enemies with one swift blow.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]