Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC: Aiazoah / The Mysterious Three-Way ShrineAiazoah looked at Lif as if he was some kind of worm that had cralwed out of a hole and startled her. "Okay, Kane-Ra may not be carnivores, but they're hardly peaceful. The moment they smell you, the first thing they do is charge. If you plan on talking to one, however you plan on that, you'll want to have your funeral done in advance."IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax nodded. "Very well. Lets get moving."He turned and made his way with the two back to where Romulus was.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: (Entrance of Fire City)Xyron walked into the Fire City. Byrn had parted ways with him a while back. The Po-Matoran seemed a little uneasy to travel to the world of the fire-spitters, so Xyron had been left on his own. He had said something about continuing to search for gold. Xyron himself was intrigued by the temple they had discovered, but he knew it would be useless to go explore it without the proper equipment. And he didn't know if he would have time to do it himself anyway.As he entered the city, he glanced down at his package. He had been told to open the top letter upon arrival, which would tell him who to deliver the package to. Now he opened it, and read out the name. "Kondam.""The Kondam?" Xyron wondered to himself. Was he meant to deliver this to the highest ranking individual of Frareo’s Best? Now the importance of this letter came to light. OOC: Edited for character mistake. :P :music:

Edited by xccj

IC: Darmus: The Antispire: With Lithus: Darmus's eyes darted to a gap in the shelves, through which he spied a Ga-Matoran sneaking about. "Oh, I'm sorry, love," he said to her, "sorry for being so noisy. They said it's quiet here, don't they? Silence in the library. But it's never quiet, never for me. Listen."He pulled out his Power Disk and bit it hard. Nightmarish, malevolent voices echoed in Lithus's mind, encouraging her to steal everything and burn the place. Darmus let go, and the voices stopped."Will you help me?" he whimpered. "Will you help me silence the voices? I'll help you steal the tablet!"

bug_animated.gif

OOC: @xccj, Basilli leads Calibran's Disciples, Kondam leads Frareo's Best.IC: RamanoxRamanox's eye's widened as he saw Romulus still there, "We're traveling with Romulus, that's amazing." Then Ramanox caught sight of a Le-Matoran carrying a package. "Hey there mate, you a courier too?" Ramanox called out.IC: Lif"You people, always thinking the only way to deal with something is to punch it." I sighed, "Just be quiet, watch and learn." I said before playing my harmonica, letting the melody drift into the Kane-Ra's ears.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Aiazoah / Shrine I will now call Three Points ShrineAiazoah looked in amazement. The beast didn't move, didn't get up, just sat there, sleeping peacefully to the harmonica sound."Alright, good." she said. "Come on, let's get in quickly... don't want to deal with it waking up."She began to creep around back, moving past the huge bull Rahi and into the entrance of the shrine. The door was gone; its stone majesty destroyed long ago, and pieces of stone all over.IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax looked around. Everyone was here. "Alright, we should have the numbers against pretty much any Rahi that attacks. We won't have to worry about much on our way to Antispire."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: My mistake, got the two names mixed up when copy/pasting. :PIC: Xyron caught sight of a white Matoran shouting at him. He replied, "Yeah, I deliver messages every now and then. You wouldn't happen to know where I can contact somebody from Frareo's Best, do you? It appears I have a package for them.":music:

IC: Romulus overheard Ramanox speaking, and turned towards Xyron. "What do you want?""I have a package intended for Frareo's Best," Xyron replied."Very well, hand it over," Romulus said, holding out his hand."It's not for you," Xyron said. "It's for Kondam." :music:

Edited by xccj

Ic: "Ah, for the Frareo's Best. But... for Kondam?" Romulus said, cocking his head. "Now why would Kondam get a message from a courier?" he thought out loud. It wasn't normal for messages and packages to the general to be sent by typical means. Either it was a mundane thing of no importance, or it was a trap. Rom's tone was rife with suspicion. "Praytell, courier, who is this package from? Answer quickly and answer well," he warned.

IC: "The sender was anonymous, but had heard that I was the fastest courier in the City of Trees," Xyron said. "I did get sidetracked in the mountains, though, which is why its taken me three days to get here.""Three days?" repeated Romulus. The average time it took a soldier to travel to the City of Trees was about a week; three days was awful fast."Well, I could've been here in two, but my shortcut proved to be more trouble than it was worth," Xyron admitted."Why the haste?""I was told to make a quick delivery, so I rushed," Xyron said. "And before you ask, no, I don't know what the contents are. I wasn't even supposed to know who to deliver it to until I arrived here." Xyron wasn't liking the way Romulus was treating him, but it also made him more curious as to what he actually was delivering to the leader of Frareo's Best...:music:

Ic: "Hmm..." Romulus said, lost in thought. "Well, as Kondam's aide, I can relieve you of your package here and deliver it to the general. Unless there were specific instructions with the package on this issue, that is.""How do I know that I can trust you?" Xyron asked. "I'm supposed to make sure this package gets to its recipient.""I am Lieutenant Romulus, aide at large to General Kondam of the Army of Fire. My loyalty to my superior isn't to be questioned. Now, again, are there specific instructions here or will you hand it off to me here and now?""The specific instructions were to give it directly to Kondam!" Xyron countered.The movement was slight to the point that Xyron didn't even notice it, but at Romulus' signal a ring of soldiers materialized from the crowd. Those who had been merchants and passerby, vagrants and blacksmiths, suddenly held spears and swords at the ready, prepared with their full might as troops of Frareo's Best. "Then you have a choice. Come with us and deliver the package to Kondam, or leave and be labeled a spy. I think it's fair."

IC: Xyron didn't like to be pushed around, especially by Ta-Matoran. But, being a skilled hunter, he knew when he was trapped by a superior force. It was time to start playing nice."Fine, let's go deliver this thing together," Xyron said. "I just need to be there to make sure it gets to him. If you want to tag along, be my guest.""Oh, I won't be the only one going with you," Romulus said. With a slight motion of his hand, the warriors formed ranks around Xyron. "Now let us march.":music:

Ic: "It might," Rom said in reply to the other courier. "Leave ahead if you want. I can catch up." He turned to Xyron. "As for us, our trip isn't being delayed. Let's go into the citadel, shall we?" he said, leading the band towards the castle.A pair of smaller gates opened, allowing the group entry. As they passed through, the red rue of the lava lake around the city disappeared and turned into a mixture of grays and yellows, bright flames dancing on stone walls of the huge halls of the citadel. But as they took the flights of stairs and ascended to the upper levels of the edifice, things turned more and more royal. Torches were gilded, tapestries more beautiful, and then finally, upon reaching the highest level, it seemed like the residence of a king. Chandeliers hung from golden chains, water burst from white stone fountains, and toward the end of the great hall was an iron chair that almost resembled a throne. This was the residence of Frareo's Best, the senior general himself.Kondam emerged as a servant fetched him, and he came around the corner with the dignity expected from his rank. "Rom! You've... brought visitors," he observed."Unfortunately, yes," Romulus replied. A quick signal from his fingers made the troops fan out, once again making a ring around the courier. "This messenger brings a package for you," he said, motioning for Xyron to produce the item in question.Xyron withdrew the package and placed it in Kondam's hands. "I was sent to deliver this to you from an anonomous individual from the City of Trees."The servants quickly took the box from Kondam's hands with an almost snobbish "Thank you," and ushered Xyron backwards. The attendants quickly carried the box to the side and set it on a table. And then, once Kondam was at a safe distance, they opened the box, slowly and carefully."It appears to be a jar of peculiar insects!" the attendant said, turning around to show it to Kondam. But just as he turned, a flash and burst of smoke burst from the box, startling him and causing him to drop the jar. Instantly, a cloud of the bugs emerged and attacked, first the attendants and then the troops. Their bites were painful, but the true terror was what happened afterwards as their bite marks quickly generated rashes. Rashes of rust.Kondam was immediately thrust backwards into his own chamber and the doors shut forcefully after him, leaving Romulus and everyone else to deal with the threat.

OOC: Where is Nikaron when you need him.IC: RamanoxThe moment Ramanox saw the insects, he knew he would need time to come up with a gameplan. So he turned himself invisible, preventing the insects from attacking him. He decided to try and stop them using fire, specifically the fire from the matches he had packed for the journey. After all Romulus' previous comment was true. Tacking one out of his pack he ran forward and lit it off a confused Romulus' armor. Himself and flame still invisible Ramanox ran toward the swarm lit one on fire, hopefully the fire would spread to the others. However now right in the middle of the swarm, Ramanox ran like heck to escape. All the while still invisible.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Xyron recognized the insects at once. Rust Wasps! A very dangerous pest for Matoran. A whole swarm like this could turn one's armor into dust within minutes.However, Xyron knew how to handle these insects, having come across them while hunting. He drew his machete and swung it, striking the nearest wasp with the flat of his blade. This was enough to stun the wasp, and it wouldn't be able to send danger signals to the rest, which would only irritate the swarm further.The rest of the Ta-Matoran were using other methods to disable the wasps, as they swatted at them in the air with their hands and weapons. Some were successful in thinning out the swarm; others weren't. Meanwhile, some of the wasps seemed to be spontaneously catching on fire. Xyron did not know how this happened, but it worked.However, in the midst of the chaos, Romulus turned towards Xyron, with rage in his eyes. "This was a deliberate attack," he roared. "You are a traitor and a spy!"Xyron had not considered this point of view yet. Now realization took hold of him. Somebody had set him up!But he had more pressing problems. Like how to escape the wasps... and the Ta-Matoran soldiers. Deciding it was best to leave, Xyron sprinted for the door.:music:

IC (Mist Forest):Kimonou only came to the Kini-Toa when he had nowhere else to go.Not to say the Kini-Toa wasn't a highlight of Le-Wahi -- it was, definitely. Only, it didn't do anything. The ziggurats sat at the four corners of the plaza like they had lain there for millennia untold; the Toa-statues sat unblinking, unmoving, apathetic toward all visitors; even the ground looked old with moss oozing between gaps in the stone tiles.It was an old relic from a dead era. At least there were no blabber-mouths around to annoy Kimonou.OOC: Other players, that's your cue. :P

IC: He sat in the forest, alone. Ah the forest. I love forests. I think. This Matoran had woke up only a few hours ago and without many memories. He knew his name. How to use a sword. And how to use this odd disk to fly. Other than that he was a blank slate. He decided to get up and look around this forest. Maybe he would find something. He was unsure what. Getting to his feet and dusting off his armor he picked a random direction and walked that way.OOC: If anyone wants they can interact with my character. He is in the forest.

Edited by infinitus

IC: Alfon (Po-Wahi, Great Sand River)Sand, a current, sand, couldn't breathe, sand, couldn't see, sand. All that was on Alfon's mind at the moment was how he'd get out of this mess and more god-forsaken sand. He had accidentally stumbled into the Great Sand River and was soon swept away by its current, drowning in sand. The Matoran of electricity flailed his arms wildly, searching for something to grip on as he was being swept away and sinking. Now that his head was submerged, he couldn't breathe and sand was entering his lungs through his mouth and nose and all he heard was its rustling. Suddenly, before his right hand was completely submerged, he found a stone and gripped it tightly, pulling himself up. As soon as he was free, he gasped very loudly for air and had a sick look on his face. He lay on his front, facing down as he coughed and wretched.OOC: Mef, feel free to post that you find Alfon.

Ic: "Don't let him leave!" Romulus cried out after Xyron's fleeing blur. "Guards, block the exits! The lot of you, finish these pests," he said before leaving after Xyron, the doors shutting after him.Rom was many things, but fast as heck wasn't one of them. He barked orders out to ensure Xyron's capture and the soldiers moved to his commands. But even so, the capture of the courier in the citadel's walls was not all but certain.

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireOn one hand, the rust wasps couldn't get to Jeldrax under his armor. On the other hand, they could eat his armor. Standing back and using his shielding disk to block at least some wasps. He was already trying to back away; Xyron would have to pass him on his way out. There wasn't much he could do, but he still tried to bash Xyron down with his shield.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Alfon (Great Sand River, Po-Wahi)As the unknown Matoran's hand patted Alfon's back, he coughed out a lot more sand, a lot of present in his bile and saliva. Once he was done, he began picking his nose mechanically, trying to fish out all the sand which was clogged in his nostrils. The same was done for his ears."Nearly drowned in sand. No, I'm not okay; if i was going to drown, I thought it'd be in water. But thank you anyway, stranger. I'm Alfon." he said, extending his hand to the Matoran of Stone.

IC: Xyron happened to see the bident flying towards him out of the corner of his eye. He couldn't dodge it, but he grabbed his disc and altered its gravity slightly. The change in weight was enough to throw it off course.But Xyron wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and the next thing he knew, he had slammed right into Jeldrax's shield...:music:

IC: Darmus: The Antispire: With Lithus: "You're not going to ask me how I knew you wanted to steal a tablet? Hmm. You were expecting others to know, then... interesting... so at least two entities are after it. And a quarrel, however small, can be escalated into one that costs the lives of millions. Thank you, my dear, you have just given me the information needed to tear the world apart."He winked at her and walked off smugly.

bug_animated.gif

IC: Alfon (Great Sand River)Now this was a surprise, finding another explorer like him by nearly drowning in a river of sand. If Alfon could say he was glad about nearly drowning in sand, he would say it. He didn't. Still, he felt quite happy to meet someone like him."No, not much. I've found a few neat-looking objects here and there but nothing of great value. Been traveling all over Kini Karda, very fun. Anyways, you still haven't told me your name."

IC(Ledzel talking to Alfon beside the Great Sand River)

"Ledzel, Alfon," replies the Matoran. "It's nice to find someone with as much interest in artifacts as I do. No one back at the settlement shares my interests-oh, karz, the others!" Ledzel exclaims before looking in the direction of the soldier's camp. "I need to leave!"-Mef Man

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireWith Xyron on the ground, Jeldrax drew his sword and put it up to his neck. "Don't even move." he muttered coldly, kicking his captives power disk away to prevent him from using it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: