• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Rift

Multi author action comic suspense spies revolution RZMIK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thats Soran's biz right now. Next up is...well, not sure yet.And I love the animation!

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#82 Offline Toa Krono

Toa Krono
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 341 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 07:34 PM

Seeing as I have been gone for quite some time now, I feel I should post. But I will do it simply with:I like this progress and I like the way the story is going.And as a personal ego question:Why in the world would you give the guy that wants revenge guard duty for the prisoners? I think there would be a blood bath :P

#83 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 07:43 PM

I cared not for the guards, so if inured, that blood won't be on my hands.

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#84 Offline Toa Krono

Toa Krono
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 341 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 09:36 AM

Well, there is already blood on my hands. Look at my avatar :P Oh, and I wont be able to make comics any time soon. I won't be at a computer much this summer.

#85 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2012 - 09:29 PM

OHGOSHWHATHAPPENEDTOTHIS.Okay, I'm reviving this topic since I'm working on a comic for it. Have to change some things (such as my character) and the current plot, but it's still about revolution and the how the great many can work together in times of great trial.THIS IS NOT DEAD. If you have anything you want to post as part of this, then do so. Please, this had promise if you ask me, and its bout time that it got started back up again! I'm accepting guest work, author work from those who are part of this, sprites, gifs., anything you think should be here. Lets make this more than just a story about some rebels, lets make it an actual universe!Thank you friends and readers, without you, this would be nothing.

#86 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 299 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just read all the comics and I must say.........Please do continue with this. I really like the idea as I was doing a story almost like this with Bionicles. The co Author deal is really a cool idea. Great job!

sig2_0.png

#87 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thank goodness!Soran was working on one, and so was I, and then seperate projects took everyones time. But yes, this is not over, not even close.

#88 Offline Tenuk

Tenuk
  • Members
  • Toa

• 107 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2012 - 04:46 PM

I really like the idea here but sadly the comics don't seem to have a great deal of continuity. For example the newest one takes place in a fort of some sort but the previous comic shows the entire team at the headquarters. The beginning (though I realize this is no indication of current limitations to your talents) also seems really random. A guy asks his friend in common conversation if he wants to start a rebellion against the government and his friend without too hesitation thought decides to go along with it. Graphically however these comics excel and look as though they really do have potential but as with most MAS comic endeavors it looks as though the authors need to work closer together.

Don't Click It

#89 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, me and Soran are redoing a TON of things, practically the whole thing :PAnd most of our authors just vanished, so we need more people who'd like to be a part of it :PHINT

#90 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2012 - 07:18 PM

I like Thief, the hand-drawn comic, it looked epic, and def serious, we need more serious comics around here, but I know handrawn comics, or computer 3D ones take forever to make.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf

#91 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2012 - 09:17 PM

I like Thief, the hand-drawn comic, it looked epic, and def serious, we need more serious comics around here, but I know handrawn comics, or computer 3D ones take forever to make.

That would be kakuras work :D

#92 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 12:07 AM

Introductions Part: IPay no attention to the graphical fail in the last panel, I accidentally merged down instead of clicking 'new layer from visible' and by the time I noticed it was too late. Oh well. Anyway I think this is part 1 of the series, basically reintroducing the characters to make the comics make 'more' sense. (This hasn't been approved by Facade yet) As far as the setting of the comics, its basically after the first rift fiasco, where all the characters who were in the resistance were either killed, drugged to make them forget about what happened (Lekama is an example), or went into hiding... or anything else that might be more creative. So yeah... Enjoy the comic and hopefully it makes sense. ~Soran

#93 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 1,724 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 01:25 AM

That would be kakuras work :biggrin:

lolg, yeah. They do take effort, but not as much as I'd lead people to believe. I'd love to come back to this, I'm just always paranoid that I'm going to take it in a direction that wasn't intended. I'm just a player in this comic, not the mastermind.On that note, I was under the impression that we were going to organize an update schedule so authors would know when it was their turn to update? that's the main reason I haven't been around here lately. (I'd love to come back and I'm genuinely interested in where you plan on taking this, I'd just like more structure.)Oh, and Soran, another great comic! There wasn't a whole lot of unique information to "build the world" per se, but it did give me a bit more information about the character and what's happening. And as always, your style makes your comics literally ourstanding and genuinely enjoyable.

Edited by Kakaru, Aug 07 2012 - 01:29 AM.

tf302.jpg

#94 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey, glad you're still in! Yeah, all the characters have been drugged. The general character (still working on names) may be Terran, but he believes in trying less lethal tactics when dealing with less "dangerous" people.Soran made some rules/guidlines, and I'll be reviewing and tweaking it if need be, as well as starting up an author rotation. From what I've heard, we have 5 people currently willing to work with this, 6 possibly. I'm thinking of having guest others fill in if the current author is not able to make a comic, such as being on vacation or sick, that way we can get some pizzazz, or whatever.Also, after every comic, if you are the next author in the rotation, I'll be letting you know what to go by, and what we want to happen, that way there aren't any outcomes that throw off the whole series.Thanks everyone for whose still here, and thanks to those who are new, we plan on being able to update once a week, giving us authors time to work on our other comics.

#95 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,037 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hey, glad you're still in!Yeah, all the characters have been drugged. The general character (still working on names) may be Terran, but he believes in trying less lethal tactics when dealing with less "dangerous" people.Soran made some rules/guidlines, and I'll be reviewing and tweaking it if need be, as well as starting up an author rotation. From what I've heard, we have 5 people currently willing to work with this, 6 possibly. I'm thinking of having guest others fill in if the current author is not able to make a comic, such as being on vacation or sick, that way we can get some pizzazz, or whatever.Also, after every comic, if you are the next author in the rotation, I'll be letting you know what to go by, and what we want to happen, that way there aren't any outcomes that throw off the whole series.Thanks everyone for whose still here, and thanks to those who are new, we plan on being able to update once a week, giving us authors time to work on our other comics.

Glad everything is going well. If you need character names, I'd be happy to donate any of the 30-ish bionicle names I've created that are in a folder. Just send me a PM if you want some of them.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer~Drone 0350

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#96 Online Ringabel

Ringabel
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ok.I'm still in.I just had a lot oging on this summer and I'm in school...Comic progress will be slower, but I at least will get some stuff done when possilbe.

bzpbanner3.jpg

I used to be 'The X'. Now I'm not.

XBL gamertag: XXaron

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika

#97 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 09 2012 - 08:01 PM

Okay guys, I'm leaving tomorrow, so I can't work on anything and I've been busy recently, so sorry about no updates.I plan on having something out not next week but the week after. --I'm back and with some announcements.First off, I'm making a comic, I'll be posting it later today.Second, if you wish to author, Pm me. Here are some guidlines Soran whipped up for all of us.
  • Try to stay active during the series, if you can't work on the series tell Facade the situation and why you wish to resign so that there is no time wasted.
  • Try not to make any plot twists, try to make the comics make sense with each other. This also includes not making any comics ahead of time that might make an initial impact on the story.
  • Try to make the comics by the deadline. The only excuse to not making it by the deadline is if there are any family issues, massive workload (includes homework), important update for a personal comic series, etc.
  • If there is a large comic you are creating which might not make it by the deadline, you may make a PSA or random comic that doesn't have anything to deal with the storyline (It can still use the same characters).
  • Don't be afraid to give spoilers about the story to fellow authors, it is a group project. If there is something you are not sure will work try you can ask other authors.
  • If introducing another character/major accessory/often used background, make sure to supply other authors with it.
  • Also, if you feel you don't have enough time for a comic you can asked to be skipped.
So if your in, give me your info, such as bio and RZ sprite.I'm working on the kit right now (I have myself, Lekama (Soran)) and the Terran Commander and Terran Basic.

Edited by -Windrider-, Aug 20 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#98 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 11:42 AM

Okay, yeah, this isn't going anywhere, mostly because I just lost the desire for the story line, life has happened, and other sorts of things.Anyway, I would first like toA: Let you all know that this isn't necassarily over, because I still have plans for a Multi-author comic.As of now, only continuity members can be author, but that is subject to change.B:Same rules will apply there, I plan on making a NEW topic and an intro today.C: I would ask that this topic be closed, as it is no longer needed.

#99 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,915 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 11:55 AM

C: I would ask that this topic be closed, as it is no longer needed.

Much obliged, my good man.Posted Image

rotr_banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users