Runescape Thread 4

KayTee

Well, yes, but don't they also have some influence on the game? As in influence in decision making?

Usually, no. They just get a return of Jagex's overall profit with the idea that they make more money off that return. In some cases, investors have power, but in most, they don't. They're just in it for the money.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Well, yes, but don't they also have some influence on the game? As in influence in decision making?

Usually, no. They just get a return of Jagex's overall profit with the idea that they make more money off that return. In some cases, investors have power, but in most, they don't. They're just in it for the money.
Usually no, but what about in this specific case?

Investors have an influence in the sense that if they see the game is financially going down the toilet, so do their shares. They sell their stocks and bail, jagex suffers as a result. They may personally complain.So they have about as much influence on the game as consumers do.

Edited by Superkid11

I don't know. I don't like it all that much. I managed to get 30k xp/hr right after the nerf and haven't tried it since. I'll likely Runecraft for maximum profit. Why? Because I don't enjoy the Runespan as much as other people seem to. If I can better xp/hr rate otherwise (I'll have to conduct some tests) I will take it, regardless of the grind factor.

Ah, but not being able to train but with 100% attention has always distinguished Runecrafting as a skill. I must say that the Runespan is bad in that regard, for Runecrafting is now a little less special for it. I know that this is the way of things, but it's a bit sad all the same.Also, once I get 57 summoning, I think that Nature runecrafting would be better xp/hr.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

It certainly distinguished it as a skill I hated to train. Agility's the same way, which is a real shame because there's a lot of potential to make that actually fun instead of busywork.I do get what you mean though. 99 rc capes were definitely symbols of sheer endurance. But now at least people will be able to get higher runecrafting levels more tolerably and then it'll be easier to, say, find dungeoneering teammates that can craft their own blood runes.

Edited by Superkid11

I never really thought of Agility's potential. Now that you mention it, agility does have a lot of potential. I wish Jagex would develop that more.

Hardcore Parkour?
Perhaps. Or maybe some combat involvement. Or both.
Combat involvement like a "dodge" mechanic?
The thought had crossed my mind, but I rejected the notion.No, I think perhaps some armor with an agility level requirement. Or a boss who you need agility to fight in some way. Things like that.Speaking of combat, I can't wait to see what the QBD is to be like. I know I won't be ready for over a year, but it'll be neat to see. I guess that it will be in a single-way-combat area. Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Definitely a million times better than running to and from a rune altar.

As someone who got 50 RC as a F2P, I enjoy that.
Remember back in the days where like level 34 Runecrafting would get you a spot on the high scores.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Remember back in the days where like level 34 Runecrafting would get you a spot on the high scores.
I remember when free players were on the high scores. Edited by Ice the Great

I remember when free players were on the high scores.
Not all that long ago. Gah! Why did the Free players get booted off of there!?No, really. Except for wanting to make more money, why would Jagex do that?

I remember when free players were on the high scores.
Not all that long ago.Gah! Why did the Free players get booted off of there!?No, really. Except for wanting to make more money, why would Jagex do that?
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #202: The justification for profit is profit.Or rule #97: Enough... is never enough.In essence, I'm saying that Jagex is becoming increasingly greedy. I think they're starting to hurt for money. But, the way they're running things, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they're hemorrhaging customers.

Still better than Perfect World in that respect. By a long shot. 3x grindier than Runescape AND a shop where you can buy experience.....I can't help but think if they really are having financial issues they're probably still recovering from the disaster that Stellar Dawn turned out to be. :P (that and cancelled memberships after december 2007)Whatever revenue enhancing devices they want to bring on I don't mind too much. But ultimately if they want to be as successful as they used to be they just need to make Runescape a less boring game.

:kaukau: Think of it this way: its server probably has to be a million times more powerful than BZPower's, and given that I recently payed for premier membership for my belief in this site, I can understand why Jagex would need even more money daily for the sheer amount of serverload it has to put up with.Anyway, I recently rediscovered this game. It's funny how each time I go on it says I last played nearly five hundred days ago. It gives me a difinite idea of how often I've played over the last few years. Anyway, I think that the upcoming year will be a little different, and I'll probably aim for 99 mining. I did the math. I need 240k iron ore. I can mine 500 ore per hour, and at the most would be willing to spend 10 hours on the game in one day, resulting in 5k iron ore per day. Although let's say I spend more like five hours a day, since I'll have other things to do, although runescape will still make an interesting 7:00-12:00 hobby, so overall it would take 96 days if I played it straight.Realistically, I still don't expect to get there for a while, although I might end up successfully spreading those 96 days over the course of two or three years.After that, I think I might actually be making money, so I might end up paying for premier membership so I can buy 300 or so Rings of Forging and smelt the ores at 100%. Maybe I'll even get one of those special morphing hammers that increases the experience gained by smithing, although I don't know if those are things that I can get in bulk, so that plan might not end up working out.After my smithing reaches 99, I will finally increase my attack to 40 so I can wield Runite.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Yeah sacred clay hammers aren't something you can just buy. You actually have to play the Stealing Creation minigame to get them and there's no other way to do it. I suggest finding a tie world because actually competing for the points is infuriating, as are the people there.I-think- there might be a better way to powerlevel mining in the paid game than to just smack iron all day but I've long forgotten all the things you can do. All I can remember is mining daeyalt ore, which you have to progress in a questline to get to. One where you definitely want more than 40 attack...

Edited by Superkid11

• 2 weeks later...

Can't have the RS topic dying.Anyway, to be on topic I'll talk about that new quest that came out today. It was pretty awesome because of the music, voice acting, great graphics, and AWESOME QBD CUTSCENES. Only thing I really didn't like was that it was so short.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I loved it. I got such a good feeling about doing a quest on the day it came out. :DAs to the quest itself, it was a neat little thing. It was nice to see our mysterious friend the Raptor.I won't be 120 combat for quite some time; could you guys who are post videos of your QBD encounters on vimeo and link?

I loved it. I got such a good feeling about doing a quest on the day it came out. :biggrin:As to the quest itself, it was a neat little thing. It was nice to see our mysterious friend the Raptor.I won't be 120 combat for quite some time; could you guys who are post videos of your QBD encounters on vimeo and link?

Just so you know, 120 combat isn't a concrete requirement. 60 summoning, however, is a requirement, so you may want to consider getting that as well. But as long as you have decent stats, such as 80 strength, defense, and attack (Maybe higher, not sure how difficult the QBD is), a good constitution level, and a fairly good bank, you might be able to pull it off. I'm not sure if the QBD is a multi-combat boss, but if it is, you could always get the 60 summoning (Unless you already have it) and find a good team of players to help you out.I need to do the new quest still and get 60 summoning, but I actually am looking foward to trying out the new "Queen Black Dragon". Anyways, I haven't posted in awhile, so I might as well say something else. I have gotten around 54 runecrafting from the runespan recently. I have really enjoyed the runespan; it's quite easy, and so much more enjoyable than training Runecrafting the original way. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to keep earning rune essence, which gets quite tedious when you're trying to syphon a high level and/or low level node or creature. It's definitely a nice update though. Jagex hasn't come up with many good updates lately, so this made up for all the bad ones. :P-Rez

I loved it. I got such a good feeling about doing a quest on the day it came out. :biggrin:As to the quest itself, it was a neat little thing. It was nice to see our mysterious friend the Raptor.I won't be 120 combat for quite some time; could you guys who are post videos of your QBD encounters on vimeo and link?

Just so you know, 120 combat isn't a concrete requirement. 60 summoning, however, is a requirement, so you may want to consider getting that as well. But as long as you have decent stats, such as 80 strength, defense, and attack (Maybe higher, not sure how difficult the QBD is), a good constitution level, and a fairly good bank, you might be able to pull it off. I'm not sure if the QBD is a multi-combat boss, but if it is, you could always get the 60 summoning (Unless you already have it) and find a good team of players to help you out.-Rez
For reasons I have forgotten, I think this boss will be single-combat. I am almost 95 combat with about a 3.5 mil bank. Unless Guthan's becomes spectacular overnight, I don't think I'll be fighting it for a while. Unless it turns out to be a teamable boss.I can't wait to see woox16 kill it barehandedEdit: got 70 strength today, making me 95 combat in members' worlds. Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

• 3 weeks later...
The new combat system looks epic. I've already seen a flaw or two, but the beta ought to fix them.I want a pair or rune crossbows so I can go Jango on anything or anyone I see.
I'm hoping for the ability to have weapon sets so that you can quick-swap between weapons.I'd have 6 DDS' in 3 weapon sets, and go V for Vendetta final fight scene on people.

After a short inspection of the beta, I have mixed feelings. While it does make combat more interactive, it just doesn't feel like Runescape. I like dual wielding... kind of. That'll be neat. I also like some things they did to re-balance combat. However, I dislike how abilities and stats have been affected.If you can't deal with lag, try Falador. The gear stores are there with far fewer people.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Yeah, the beta's gotten less laggy now. I've played it a little more, but all the abilities and things confuse me. Honestly, I'm less excited for the update now that I've played the beta. It's not as good as I thought it would be.Also OMG RS IS OFFLINE RIGHT NOW WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY LIFE AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Edited by Senrab

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231