To Save The World!

IC: Jack@Arlington on top of a high tower

It's mid afternoon and the weather is heavy showers. Jack looks down at the city wearing his coat and katana on his back.

"All my adult life I've spent trying to help people the best way I can, with my sword. Even now people threaten our way of life. Which is why I've given up my life to protect the weak, and train those who can fight."

IC(NPC): Police Dispatcher

"All units, we have a robber taking place at the 1800 block of Westbrook. All units in the area please respond. The criminals are said to be armed and extremely dangerous."

IC: Jack/White Lightning

"Looks like it's time for me to go in as 'White Lightning'."

He takes off his coat, and unsheathes his sword. He runs across the skyline of the buildings;hurrying to the crime scene. His senses heightened to the full extent.

He arrives at the scene;looking down upon the building.

"Looks they made their way in through the front door. Time to drop in on their little party."

He jumps down from his perch, crashing down from the house's skyline.

IC(NPC): Male Robber 1

" Who the heck are you?" He says pointing the assault rifle at him.

IC: White Lightning

" Your worst nightmare." He slashes the robber, splitting his gun in two. The robber pulls out his pistol only to be swatted away from his hand. He cries in pain from the cut on his hand.

"Where's your pals."

IC(NPC): Male Robber 2

"Right behind yah." He hits him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun. He falls down on to the ground, laying there unconscious.

"Get up yah wuss. The boss wants him alive. Put him in the van and lets get out of here before the fuzz show up."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:(ozo) the blast pulverized the rubble blocking ozo's escape,allowing him to fly out of the room at top speed on his hoverboard.ozo instinctively knew that there would be another blast,and if that humaniod was powerful enough to completely destroy the thick pile of masonry...well,lets say that ozo didnt want to find out what the limit of power his armor could take.ozo used the dust kicked up by the blast to dissapear into the shadows and regain his hearing.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Forgotten One, I have not approved your character yet. I did in fact raise a question about him that I would appreciate you giving an answer to

Oops, sorry about that. I got ahead of you before you approved. Um, the Katana is his weapon that he carries around when in hero mode(his code name). Does that answer your question. Also I'm starting his sketch on his appearance so it should be ready by Tuesday.

IC: Apep made just one crucial mistake when she tried to run off from Omega: She assumed he would be busy with the other villain. Not that this was unreasonable - with powered armor and a lethal weapon with at least one known alternate function, he seemed to have the greatest potential for destruction, making him a priority. While it could be argued that Apep had displayed great ingenuity in causing destruction with whatever was on hand, in truth by that point Omega's priorities were decided less by cold logic and more by cold fury.

Lead by the prime directive to find Apep and teach her the folly of attempting to escape while the hero was still in the area, he released another bolt of energy at her. Then, regardless of whether it hit (he'd bet no anyway - she was quick and clever, probably more than able to avoid it even in her compromised position) he let off another, this time at the fire escape she clung to. But he knew that wouldn't stop her - she could just grab on to something else, parts of the metal still clinging to the building. So he hovered nearby, energy charged in his hands, ready to blast away her bandages the moment she latched on again and drop her like a puppet with its strings cut.

|H-D|

IC: Admittedly, by now, Shard was more than a little confused. Just as he'd maneuvered around the side of the robber with the heat beam and micromissiles - the heat beam side, so he couldn't bring the missiles to bear in time - a big monster just ran up out of nowhere and attacked him. Why was there a big monster coming out of nowhere, attacking the robbers? How did that even happen? Whatever, probably one of the others did something he didn't get. More to the point, he saw the other remaining robber about to attack Soundsmith.

A moment later he didn't see much of anything, as that robber had cleverly chosen to activate the blinding light on his mask, making it difficult to actually see him. After a moment of trying in vain to blink away the spots, Shard decided he didn't need to see his enemy. He knew where he was... roughly. So he just spread his arms really wide and charged in roughly the right direction, intending to grab the robber the moment he felt he had him. Because of course the electrified armor worked so well last time.

*H-D*

NPC: I am already at work finding Warner's military record, Carapace assured Gadgeteer. I should have an overview prepared in a matter of minutes. In the meantime, you had best inform your comrades that you have been searching for Warner's address - some of them are quite perceptive and will have noticed you aren't focusing on their conversation. I will require access to your audio and video to keep track. Tell them you've found his address, along with a list of occupants and detailed layout of the house. He sent the detailed layout he'd just finished digging up around then. Is there anything else?

{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:(ozo) as he slowly regained his senses, the sharp noise in his ear became louder and clearer,and he soon realized that the noise was the beeping that indicated the creature he had scanned before had been identified.a screen flipped over his eyes, showing that this creature was in fact omega, a hero in the leauge of salvation. ozo looked out from behind the building, and saw that in the state he was in, he probably wasnt in the mood for explanations.the only hope ozo might have to earn his trust is for him to help catch the target. ozo jumped on his hoverboard and flew after the target.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC: (Loadstone)

Unfortunately for Ultionis, this Villain was the genuine article; there was no ring on his hands. Even as the soldier searched for that miniscule piece of jewelry, the crystalline teenager folded his arms and started drumming his fingers impatiently. His head swiveled to take in the Sharkmen, who were completely preoccupied swatting at their seemingly animated weaponry, which were bashing at their faces in a rather comedic fashion.

Rolling his eyes he strode forward, roughly shoving aside a muscled hybrid as he approached the darkened area of the tunnel. "All right, you had your chance," he said sympathetically, stepping blindly into the darkness.

The pitch black shadow revealed a faint glow to the Villain's skin, almost too dim to perceive, that made him seem an apparition in the darkness. In retrospect, that internal light might have been what had made it so difficult for the security cameras to get a decent image of him. He took three steps forward and paused, cocking his head to one side as he listened for one of the Heroes to make a move.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Well, the forcefield is just a function of that particular Robo-Robber's suit. I'm not exactly certain how they activate each function. I guess there's the possibility of it being activated on a voice command if it suits you, but bear in mind that 1) the forcefield itself is soundproof and 2) the guy projecting it is standing behind it. So if you wanted Soundsmith to do some sound-trickery he'd have to get past the forcefield somehow. Otherwise you guys will have to figure out another way to disable it...

IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America

The electrified Robo-Robber hadn't observed his teammates battling Shard too closely; he wasn't clued up on what the crystalline man was made out of. So when Shard charged blindly toward him he redirected his punch to hit Shard's face, hoping for a one-hit KO. And with a buzzing thump the landed fist... did absolutely nothing.

"That's not fair," whined the Robo-Robber as Shard grabbed him.

IC - Gadgeteer @ Los Angeles hotel

With a mental command to transmit a live feed from his audio and visual receptors, Gadgeteer spoke aloud.

"I am researching details about General Warner now," he said, interrupting whatever conversation his comrades were in the middle of. "I have obtained his home address." He detailed the Denver address to the group, including the fact that its occupants included General Warner's wife and daughter. "Their presence will make the operation awkward, however..." Gadgeteer paused, thinking on how to word this next bit so that it didn't sound too suspicious coming from a so-called 'hero'. "If we encounter too much trouble, or if we simply cannot find the Lockdown files and have nowhere else to turn, perhaps... only if we have no other choice... they can be utilised as hostages, to gain information from General Warner directly."

IC - Apep @ New York

When the first energy bolt exploded against Apep her response was to generate more lengths of paper, but rather than extending outwards they wrapped around her body, adding to the mass that passed as her supersuit. By the time her grip on the fire escape had been blasted away and she hit the ground again, she was covered in a thick cushioned layer that made her look like the Michelin Man.

"I really can't put my finger on how smart you are," she rasped up at Omega. "You got me to spill the beans about Shockhead, but now you'd rather go after me? She knows the Coalition's after her now! We don't stay on her tail, she's gonna cover her tracks and vanish for good! It's not the ideal solution, but I'd rather she got caught by the League than no-one at all." It was just happy coincidence that what Apep was saying was the truth - she was only saying it to try and get Omega to stop attacking her. Of course with her attention directed up at Omega, she couldn't see Ozo returning to the scene...

"Big talk, little hero," buzzed the reply, "but you're staying on that side of the room. We've tested this forcefield. Thrown everything we could get our hands on at it. Nothing gets through..."

IC(ozo):ozo saw that the target,which the database identified as the coalition villain Apep,was peroccupied with Omega so he decided to use the distraction to his advantage.with one remarkably agile movement,ozo transformed his hoverboard back into a bikuritan going 60 miles an hour and sliced a large hole through a huge amount of layers in Apep's "armor", rendering her back extremely vulnerable.while still flying through the air and now spinning wildly,ozo changed the bikuritan back into a hoverboard and set the righting mechanism to fix his direction.before he had time to though, he crashed into a building wall and landed on the ground with a thud, slightly conscious.

Edited by stargatestaticTH

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC:

(Lord Death)

The laser burn, horribly, but Death just rolled to the side, and rushed the laser user. Running on all fours, Death got closed, and jumped up on the robo-robber. "You will die" was all he said as he started to slash and cut at the weak points. like the neck line.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Nathan clicked the comm off. "Why do they always pick the hard way?" He clicked it back on and fired a full powered blast from his gauntlet into it. If the robber was lucky it would merely short out the microphone and everything attached from the surge of power. If he wasn't, the massive amount of sound coming from the mic might knock him out and damage the inside of the suit that way.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Sorry it's been taking me a while to IC - school started up again and it's getting in the way before the first week is out.

IC: Well, that was random. The guy in the armor had just thrown himself at Apep, presumably missed as she was still standing (though the padding on her back had been sliced neatly open) and then failed to course correct and crashed anticlimactically into a wall. Omega knew how that felt... Either way, he couldn't afford to get distracted. Mainly this was because Apep might be distracted by the failed attack on her person. That in turn meant she wouldn't be slipping away this time when he reached out and formed another orb around her, sealed shut as quick as he could and then reinforced. Just to be sure.

"Don't bother," he spat as he worked. "Did you not see the mess you two caused? The trail of destruction from here to Grand Central Station? Even if she didn't show up while you and this tolo were slugging it out and with me - the same hero who was at the hotel - floating ten feet from the entrance, there's no way she's dumb enough to stick to the plan with the police already on-site." That, and he'd ordered them to be on the lookout for anyone trying to board a train by the name 'Abigail Ostermann' with advisory to call him rather than engage her directly. But now Apep was confused about him, there was no need to go around correcting her.

|H-D|

IC: "I know," Shard replied happily. "So's this." Then he floated up in the air, still holding the criminal, and promptly performed a move he'd seen on pro wrestling one time: He dropped down, robber-first, bringing all his mineral weight down on the armor. That was sure to crumple it well beyond the point of viable use.

*H-D*

NPC: Ultionis bit back a curse. No such luck here. His only option to damage the crystal man at this point seemed to be a grenade, and even that would have to be shoved right into his face to do significant damage - the frags, thermal damage and pressure change would be utterly meaningless. That meant it fell to one of the others... a prospect which did not get his hopes up. Aside from the fact that he didn't think any of them had the capability to inflict serious damage, he couldn't know for sure because they were probably blind in this darkness and had no means of silent communication. Where was Mystic when they needed her?

In the end, only one viable plan presented itself: Somehow drop the guy down the nearby elevator shaft and let the ground kill him. Maybe one of the others could force him down like that, but how to communicate the plan without the villain hearing? This was why militaries practiced some kind of hand signal or sign language.

Well, no use worrying about it yet. For now, he resolved to do what he could, which was to finish off the sharkmen before they rallied and sniffed them out. That was easily accomplished: Grenades may not be much good against crystal men, but sharkmen? In that they were tried and true. He tossed one in now, between the teenager's legs - bouncing off there first, the sound wouldn't give away his position. Then he huddled back in cover and waited for the boom.

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(ozo):though that had to be about his worst attempt at an attack since he came to this city,he was satisfied he did what he intended to.he had cracked apep's mask a little when he sliced through the papyrus,and that may prove valuable later.he rolled over to his hoverboard and examined it.no extensive damages.good.ozo jumped onto the hoverboard to launch another attack.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: Two things stargatestaticTH; it's the polite thing to speak to a character's owner via PM or something before adding stuff to that character's backstory... and your previous post said that Ozo sliced through layers on Apep's back, so not sure how he could have cracked the mask too when it's sitting in front of her face. So I'm gonna have to disregard that last post of yours.

IC - Apep @ New York

Ozo's attack tore into Apep's back and she staggered forward a bit as the alien seemingly ricocheted off of her and crashed into a wall. Automatically she lashed out with a paper tendril but the formation of Omega's energy orb quickly sheared the end of it off. It fluttered onto the sidewalk as she whirled around to face Omega again.

Her stance was tense for a few silent moments, but then she relaxed.

"Yeah... you're probably right," she said with a shrug. "It's a shame, really; we could have made a great pair, you and I. Enemies and allies, opposites but equals, fighting with and against each other, pursuing Shockhead, ready to make her pay for what she'd done. We'd track her across the wilderness, camp out in the woods, share stories over the fire, learn to trust each other despite our differences. On the way we'd learn a thing or two about the other, and begin to understand the League and Coalition's opposing views. Then, weeks later we'd confront Shockhead in a fierce battle; we'd fight as a team and defeat her. But in a last-ditch move she'd fatally wound me... and as I lay dying in your arms I'd think back on the great times we had together... take off this mask... look into your eyes and quietly say... 'If you don't let me out of this bubble I'll f****** kill that cop.'"

She jerked a thumb towards the nearest street corner; a Police Officer was there, snorting and coughing. Standard procedure for cops during a superhuman battle was to stay at the sidelines, ready to quickly detain any captured criminals or escort civilians to safety. This one had wandered a little too close.

"Spoiler alert: I don't need to be connected to my paper to control it," Apep rasped. "That piece you cut off with your lil' perfect prison here just wriggled up Officer Rubberneck's nose. At the moment it's curled up nice and safely, but you move an inch and I'll have it slice its way out through his eyes. Course if that ain't a satisfactory deal I could go for the brain instead. I'm not too certain how to get there from the nasal cavity but I'm sure I'll figure it out." She paused, then added: "Tell axeboard the same if he decides to rejoin the party."

The Robo-Robber struggled to fire the heat-beam again, but Lord Death was on him too fast and too often. His hand was knocked down, the weapon out of his grip - then the claws swiped at his neck, shoulders and waist, places where tiny gaps existed in the metal armour for mobility's sake - and the reinforced fabric that acted as an underlay to the suit began to be torn. The Robo-Robber gasped; the weight of Lord Death on his chest was making it hard for him to breathe. His final resort was to electrify his armour again. But already red spots were appearing on the monster's claws, as they began to tear through the last layers of fabric and into flesh.

Shard meanwhile was completely correct; his maneuver caused hefty damage to the armour of the Robo-Robber he was holding, including cracking the visor so that the blinding light vanished. The Robo-Robber groaned, but didn't make any more attempts to get up.

Meanwhile, the Robo-Robber projecting the forcefield staggered back with a cry and fell to one knee as Soundsmith's sonic assault was broadcast to him. The cry ended abruptly, suggesting the audio functions of his helmet had been either switched off or shorted out. He remained one one knee for a full minute, reeling. Then he stood up shakily. He'd clearly been affected quite badly by the attack and was in no mood for further games. Steadily he started to walk forwards. And as he walked, the forcefield moved with him. It was quickly obvious what he was trying to do; sandwich the heroes between the forcefield and the back wall. He didn't seem to mind the fact that his teammates would suffer an identical fate, or perhaps he didn't care...

OOC: Sorry guys. It got worse.

OOC:i just supposed that the mask curved over the top of the head and reached down to the back of the neck to protect the head from attack from above.

IC:(ozo)ozo halted the hoverboard directly above Apep's head.he had heard every word apep had said,and he wasnt about to be humiliaed again.humans,even meta-humans,had a fault in their psyche.when a hostage is in impending danger,they would normally freeze and give in to the capturers wishes/demands.they would often give up all hope of finding an alternate way of pehaps saving the hostage,or capturing the hostage holder.ozo was a trazitaur,he had no such limitations.ozo smirked in an almost sadistic fashion,as he knew tha she wouldnt know what hit her. she wouldnt be expecting a hero to be able to do what is needed no matter what.ozo transformed his hoverboard back to a bikuritan and plummeted straight for apep's mask spinning the bikuritan at full speed under his feet.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: I just looked up some images of Egyptian death masks and discovered that they do actually cover the entire head! I thought they were front-only, so my bad. Gonna give Half-Dragon a chance to post before ICing Apep again, mainly because it's up him whether the energy orb around Apep stays or not...

OOC: I'm going to need someone to be a gang leader, since that won't sound like an NPC when I start.

IC: White Lightning@Unknown

He doesn't remember what happened to him at the house. He starts waking up. He hears voices.

IC: Male Robber 1(NPC)

"...He just dropped down from the skyline and slashed me boss...He cut open my hand..."

Edited by The Forgotten One

IC: As Apep rattled through her 'what could have been' story, Omega rolled his eyes (visible mainly by their profiles, as they were pure white and lacked any kind of pupil or iris) and thought Man, and they say I read too many comics. Then the ultimatum came out, and suddenly it wasn't even mildly amusing anymore. His hands curled into fists, the one not controlling the orb began building a charge as if to fire, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. At least, nothing overt.

Just as he was considering knocking Apep out before she had a chance to try anything, he spotted the other villain coming in fast, but aiming not for Omega - he was aiming for Apep. What, their little grudge match was so bad he couldn't just let her get carted off to jail? Whatever. In one fluid movement the hero thrust his hand out sideways - the one controlling the orb - and Apep's prison went with it, moving a dizzying ninety degrees around him while still at the same distance. Basically about a twenty-foot journey. At the same time he raised his other hand and fired off the charge directly at the armored villain. If he'd timed it right, the nameless one wouldn't have time to switch his weapon back to a ride and should take a nasty hit to the torso. If not... Well, still a good chance of hitting.

Not sparing a look in Apep's direction, he simply told her "I'll deal with you when I'm done saving your life."

|H-D|

IC: That went pretty well, all things considered. The robber he'd been holding didn't look like he'd be getting up again for a while, so Shard got up, dusted himself off (once - the noise made his entire body feel like peoples' teeth when you scrape a chalkboard) and looked around at... Oh, crud. While he'd been busy the beast in the corner had turned out to not really be on their side, it seemed. There were droplets of red on its claws. Worse, the forcefield that had formerly been stationary, protecting the lead robber, was now pushing outward to crush them all. Not that he was in much danger from crushing, but still.

Best to deal with the problems one at a time, he decided. First: Crazy animal thing. That seemed the most immediate concern. Shard launched himself forward, fists first, aiming to slam the animal off of the defeated robber.

*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:

(Lord Death)

Lord Death could smell the blood. He would of gone farther, but the diamond man stopped him. Death took the hit fully, being blindsided, he was knocked on the ground, the sprung right up. Death could sense a tough fight, and this diamond man would be one. His claws were nothing special, so he didn't go for him. Death went for the weakened Soundsmith, ready to tear him apart. Running right past Shard, Lord Death jumped right at SoundSmith.

War...war never changes.

OOC:for future reference,what is the maximum range that apep can control her papyrus tendrils? or the maximum range that omega can sustain his force fields?

IC(ozo):ozo was afraid this might happen.in his confusion,omega was attacking ozo thinking he was an enemy without realizing exactly who's life he was going to save.ozo knew he wouldnt be able to keep from getting hit,so he grabbed onto the staff area of the pole and thrust it into the path of the oncoming bolt.the laser collided ozo and the blast shot him through another building wall.(it was unclear from a bystanders perspective where the bolt hit ozo.)

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

The crystal Villain's head snapped downward as the grenade bounced, whirling around to watch it sail out into the Sharkmen. At that precise moment the blasters stopped their incessant attack, dropping to the ground with a clatter. With visible relief, some of the Sharkmen bent down to pick up the renegade weapons while one of them watched the grenade roll out of the darkness with widening eyes. It barely had time to open its mouth before...

BOOM

Where six live Sharmen had stood now only one mortally wounded mutant remained, leaning against the wall of the tunnel and panting audibly, a dark red sheen coating most of its body. The rest of the Sharkmen were, quite literally, strewn across the tunnel in pieces that, apart from the smell of burnt fish, would have been impossible to recognize as Sharkmen.

The Villain spun back around, only for his head to meet a large piece of metal with an enormous chime. The magnaboard retreated for an instant, only to build up momentum for another assault. With warning this time, he threw up an arm to shield himself, but took a step backwards anyway. The clanging of metal hitting crystal continued as Loadstone pressed his attack, splitting the magnaboard in half to smash into him from two sides. In actuality, Loadstone's attacks were merely more of an annoyance than actually effective, but the teen's sole focus was on repelling the flying pieces of metal, leaving him open to an attack from one of the others.

OOC: To be honest, I've been having a hard time figuring out what to do without Skyra, since he's the only one who really stands any chance of taking him down. (Vacuum style).

IC: (Adrian)

After a few minutes practicing with his new sword, Adrian wrapped both sword and gauntlet in the balled-up scarf and stuffed them under the bed. He sat down and reread the letter, soaking in all the finer details he had glossed over before, and sifted through the hazy encounter with the memoriapath. The Dorchester? He'd heard that name before...it was a particularly lavish hotel in London, unless he was completely mistaken. If his stay was already paid for, where had that money come from? His own bank account? Or had it not been paid for, but everyone manipulated into thinking it was?

"This is too complicated," he muttered to himself, then blinked at the sound of his own voice. It hadn't occurred to him yet to actually say anything, but it was only common sense that his voice wouldn't be the one he was used to. No, it was the British accent that startled him - he hadn't been British before this memory transfer, so to speak with a natural English accent was a bit jarring.

He started talking out loud to himself, testing out a variety of sounds and syllables and finding a good number of them foreign to his ears. After a few minutes he started chuckling to himself, the outright laughing at how stupid he sounded, saying all sorts of strange things just to hear his own voice.

When the laughing stopped, reality settled over him like an icy sheet. He didn't have a cent to his name, no means of supporting himself, little idea where he was and ultimately no plans to speak of. He had no clue where to find the man he was looking for, no readily available method of transportation, only three days in which to find some sort of shelter to live in, and he was losing what little optimism he'd had to begin with.

Who could he go to? The League? Never. Even if he had been on good terms with them, he had no intention of letting anyone know who he truly was - the shame of what had been done to him forced him to keep his identity a secret, no matter what. The League was known to use psychics to evaluate some of their questionable applicants, and even if he trusted what the memoriapath had said about shielding his mind from psychics, the last thing he wanted was someone poking around in his brain.

There really weren't many other choices. The only other thought he had was if he could make it to Chicago...No. He crushed that thought as soon as it began. No sane man went to the Debtmaster unless he had no other choice. Not that he could see any other...

Realistically, there was no chance of him settling down with a job and an apartment in London, so he didn't even bother considering it. The only option left to him was selling his sword to a local crime lord until he had enough money for a plane ticket out of England, or outright stealing the money and fleeing the country. Neither prospect appealed to him, but it would be worth checking around and seeing what sort of underworld this city hosted...

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Never really thought about it. I would say a few hundred feet, with her control lessening at the very edges.

IC - Apep @ New York

As Omega swerved her containing orb Apep giggled. Now things were starting to get fun again. From what she'd seen of Ozo so far, she doubted he could take down Omega - but he didn't seem to want to give up, either, so it would be funny to watch Omega being forced to battle him. The fact that Omega had tricked her earlier wasn't such a sore spot, now that she'd discovered he was just as vulnerable to a hostage situation as any other hero...

OOC: Urgh. This time it's nothing to do with school - net's been on and off for a while. Bad weather in this part of the world. I told them we should switch to fiber-optic. It's still not great, but in my genius I just thought of typing this up in Word and posting it when I could.

On the subject of Omega's constructs, their full range has never been tested. He's usually not seen using them further out than fifty feet, but this might not be an actual limit, rather a matter of convenience. His energy bolt attacks, however, have been seen to fly much farther.

IC: Omega hovered forward, one arm still raised and ready to blast again. Odd how things kept being demolished - he wasn't using wall-smashing force in these attacks, just enough to knock people around (painfully) and maybe result in a broken bone or two. And that was just to deal with the armor. Regardless, for whatever reason, the armored villain was now lying in a pile of rubble, so Omega took advantage of this by reaching out with a construct to grab that weapon of his, hoping to get it well out of reach fast and remove much of the threat.

|H-D|

NPC: Lodestone's slamming the crystal teenager gave Ultionis an idea. Using the clang of metal on crystal to cover his footsteps, he raced across the hall to huddle up next to Lodestone, still sticking to cover despite that he probably couldn't be seen and he didn't think this guy had any ranged attacks. Better safe than sorry. "Cover your eyes," he said quietly, having to lean in closely to be heard over the noise. "When he's blinded, pick him up with the board. We'll drop him down the shaft."

He knew Lodestone would likely have objections to a plan that involved dropping someone down a multi-story elevator shaft, but he didn't see any other way out of this. They simply did not have the ordnance - or the sheer power - to fight this guy on even terms. So he withdrew a different grenade, this one a flashbang, and carefully tossed it at the villain's feet. With luck he would be too distracted to notice or stop it. With that in mind, the soldier also activated the polarized lenses on his mask. They'd have to time this just right...

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC:is your force field succeptible to inner kinetic energy?if so...

IC(ozo):the bikuritan in hoveboard mode started up even though ozo was still trying to get himself out from under a heavy pole paying no attention or focus to what was happening to the hoverboard.the hoverboard turned on full throttle and push back against the force field,keeping it from further pulling it away from ozo.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: We have a fairly lenient policy on NPCs here, so making a gang leader wouldn't be a problem. Theres a few people who are using their NPCs more than their actual characters (I'm looking at you H-D! :P). If you really want someone else, for interaction reasons, I'll do it

Also, yes, solo heroes work with League heroes. Being in the League doesn't put any limitations on who you can or cannot work with

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: So I really figured there would be a vocal Fellwyd reply but... guess not. Sorry for being absent, but I'm also totally lost on where the Esp group is going and who this doctor is... are they a NPC that has showed up before or are they brand new? Who owns them? Apart from knowing we're going to see them, I have no idea what's happening =/

IC: "I apologise for forcing it upon you but... you would not understand from a simple explanation. I haven't been able to sense Technax's presence after he.... combusted... but I'm not foolish enough to believe he had no chance of survival. He could still be out there..." Silver walked up to the viewscreen that displayed the world outside the rapidly moving ship, scowling. "The question is where..."

"Where?"

Meanwhile, "Where"....

The freezing temperatures made the poles of planet Earth highly inhospitable to all life, natural or not usually in a matter of hours.... sometimes minutes. Surely nothing not purely designed for the cold could survive here for weeks... yet something did. The steady sound of grinding metal echo'd over the snowy plains as something travelled, the rushing wind moving to cover its deep tracks in the ice as quickly as they appeared. The squawk of a travelling penguin attracted its attention, and within minutes the panicked cries of the flightless bird was defeaned by a mammoth explosion across the ice. Standing atop its prey the being glanced up into the featureless sky and unleashed a horrible screech from its mouth that echoed for kilometres....

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: From what I can tell, she's an NPC in Denmark TPTI made up on the fly specifically to help you guys. As for Fellwyd, I haven't seen Ymper Trymon here in ages; I assume because both plots his characters are in have practically ground to a screeching halt...

Loadstone gave a sharp look in Ultionis' direction, glaring more at the sound of the soldier than the sight of him. He had removed his sunglasses to allow himself to see the faint gleam of the teenager's body, but now he quickly replaced them to protect his sensitive sight. The sunglasses were polarized to block out incredible amounts of blinding photokinetic attacks, so a simple stun grenade would barely be worth his notice. He covered up his ears, though, knowing that his equally-sensitive hearing could be damaged by proximity to the explosion.

In contrast, the teenager was completely preoccupied with the pieces of metal slamming into him, and didn't even hear the grenade land at his feet. Loadstone altered his angle of attack, attempting to make the kid look down while he deflected the attacks. He took the bait, swatting at attacks aimed at his abdomen and waistline instead of his head. He must have thought the Hero was probing for a weak spot, but seemed generally unconcerned for the distraction.

The grenade activated with a blinding flash and a bang that was made louder by the confined space they were in. The sound rattled the walls and ceiling, with bits of dust and dirt raining down on them. The teenager reeled, stumbling backwards into the lighted portion of the hallway with his hands clutching his head. Loadstone, unaffected aside from a slight ringing in his ears, launched into a new attack, pieces of the magnaboard flying at the teenager and repeating the same trick he had used to incapacitate Golem-Girl earlier. In seconds he had pried the teenager's arms down and wrapped him in a metallic straight-jacket, and even if he were super-strong it would still take quite some time to pry his way free.

Loadstone stepped out into the light, waving his hand toward the remaining Sharkman without shifting his focus from the teenager. A bolt of electricity flew from that hand, electrocuting the mutant and ending whatever threat it might have posed. Though he seemed disoriented and slightly panicked, the teenager was visibly glowing now; it occurred to Loadstone that perhaps some part of his crystalline composition allowed him to absorb light, meaning that the sound had probably hurt him more than the flash.

He motioned for the others to follow him, then continued down the corridor, forcing the Villain ahead of him. He was going to honor Ultionis' plan to a degree - with the threat of being dropped to his possible death very tangible next to him, perhaps this Coalition member might be more cooperative. But he had no intention of killing some eighteen-year-old just because he'd had the bad fortune of being brainwashed by a bunch of mad scientists.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: We're going to see Professor Sara Ostermann on the Danish island of Birkholm. As Rumpelstiltskin said, she's TPTI's NPC who hasn't appeared before. Said to be an expert on meta-evolution.

Quite a few members have gone quiet recently; I assume it was because of the hectic Christmas period and the restarting of school in the New Year. I'm starting to wonder though if any of them are coming back. If not then that's going to stall quite a few of the plots in motion. Shall I send out some PMs?

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon

"... it's not worth worrying about," said Sluice. "He was a strong opponent, but his armada's gone, and without them he's nothing the League can't handle... if he appears again one day, then there'll be heroes to stop him. Wherever that may be." She was getting the impression that Silver thought it his own responsibility to deal with Technax. While they had certain ties, being Crystaxians, that didn't mean he alone had to fight him...

OOC: For the most parts the constructs act as physical objects. In this particular case, it's a bit like a cowboy roping a steer: Steer pushes forward, cowboy pulls back, and the construct is the lasso connecting them. It's all a matter of what gives out first.

IC: Omega was starting to run out of juice. Of the three supers in the area - him and the two villains - only Apep produced an omega radiation signature he could use to produce energy. This gave him a fair amount of power, enough to form these constructs and easily enough restrain her or blast things, but the limit was a bit tighter than he'd have liked. Multitasking, sustaining the constructs when they were damaged, all these things were drawing from his personal reserve, which was starting to look mighty low.

And the hoverboard? It was strong. It was pulling against him, and the more he pulled back the more the construct holding it was strained. He couldn't keep up the tug-of-war for long. So instead he tried something else: He turned the board, so that while it was still struggling to escape in the same direction, its flat side was now leading. Anything it hit if it were to, say, suddenly break free wouldn't be sliced in half. Then he let go, allowing the board to rocket toward its master at top speed. If he was lucky it would be too fast to immediately decelerate and would impact the armored villain hard enough to keep him out of the fight a bit longer.

|H-D|

OOC: Yeah, thinking now might be a good time to send a few out.

IC: Ultionis followed warily. This entire mess had been far too noisy for his liking. Not that he hadn't contributed heavily to that, with grenades of both exploding and stunning varieties probably waking up everyone on the lowest levels, but the metal-on-crystal clanging noises weren't subtle either. They weren't even halfway through here and had already alerted everyone to their whereabouts. That would not look good on the after-action report. Hopefully they could at least lose any pursuit by going down the elevator shaft. That should be just around the next corner...

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OCC:

I'm here, just waiting on things to get going, mainly with the bank and Hexas.

War...war never changes.

OOC: You might be busy, but I'm waiting for your move Lord of Adders Black.

OOC: I have no idea what exactly you're expecting so I'm sort of waiting on you. Is this just a normal gangster? Supervillain? Someone White Lightning has history with, since he wanted him alive?

OOC: I wanted to make him a gangster who has ties with the Coalition of Evil (or whatever it's called. I forgot.) The reason is, White Lightning trashed a shipment of weapons that were going to the Coalition. So when that happened, he sent some guys to track him down, and so we end up where White Lightning is now.

So yeah he does have a history with him.