To Save The World!

IC:Plasmafire cut effortlessly through the floor of the lift, a circle of metal dropping down the shaft with a clang and a hiss of cooling metal. Meanwhile his flames in combination with Stella's efforts were sufficient to set her free, and she quickly scrambled to her feet and leapt towards the lift.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Down the hole, go!" Plasmafire cried, leaping down the shaft and bursting into flames in order to fly and make that sharp turn at the bottom to get out...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Fade ducked Otherfade's wristblades, the edge glancing off his shoulder armor. He lunged forwards and slammed into Otherfade, sending the both of them crashing against the wall. He extended a wristblade, but Otherfade grabbed hold of his arm and flung him against a workbench. Fade rolled out of the way just before a pair of wristblades came down, slashing two neat gashes through the table below.Meanwhile, Stella followed down after Plasmafire, surrounding herself in jets of flame to slow her descent.[For Science]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire flew out of the shaft, making the turn at top speed. Of course, the first think he saw was Otherfade and Fade fighting. "Aw, screwball..." He muttered, flying straight at Otherfade. They had to distract Otherfade while Stella supercharged herself...

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Well, look who finally decided to show up again. Oh well, wouldn't mind an audience," said Otherfade, raising an arm to block Fade's wristblades, then quickly shoving him aside. "What's the matter, couldn't take the cold?"As Plasmafire swooped down, Otherfade suddenly shimmered out of sight. As he rocketed past, the cloaked figure reappeared behind him and brought his wrisblades down, ready to drive them into the hero's back.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap flinched as sparks started to flash from the ceiling, lighting up the darkening hallway. She had to leap aside as a nearby suit of armour channelled bolts in all directions, very nearly electrocuting her. As she noticed the strategic placements of the suits she suddenly realised that they weren't decorative at all; they were traps! She tried to keep up her pace as fast as she could, but streams of wind were flooding into the hallway now, shaking the armour loose and causing their swords to fall towards Gap, bringing electric charges with them. Gap focused her hardest and a wormhole swallowed up the next set of armour, depositing it upon the grounds. Repeating this tactic allowed her to advance throughout the hallway unharmed, until she reached a junction. She could already feel the edges of a forceful gale as she moved towards it, when a voice rang out:"Tell me now if you wish to live another minute... who sent you?"Gap pressed herself against a wall and gripped it for support, peering out into the adjacent hallway. It was chaos. The windows had shattered; bits of armour and glass were swirling about as powerful winds leaked in. Hivemind appeared to be stuck against a wall as debris swirled towards her. Gap took in the scene as quickly as she could then leaned back around the corner. She willed a wormhole to form behind Hivemind, its endpoint to appear next to Gap...

Edited by Kumata

IC:Just when she thought she thought she was done for, Hivemind was sucked up by the wormhole. She tumbled out the other hand and crashed into a terracotta vase, reducing it to a fine orange dust on the floor. Hivemind scrambled to her feet, taking cover next to Gap behind the wall."Ohgodthankyouthankyou!" she exclaimed, still trying to catch her breath. "So... I think Tornado knows we're here, and I also don't think he likes us. As much as I like the idea of making a wormhole far, far away from here, I don't think our bosses will see it the same way. So, that leaves Plan B: go find Tornado and kick the snot out of him. He can still rejoin the Coalition with a broken ribcage, right?"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Maybe he'll ease up once he realises we're with the Coalition," Gap reasoned. "But yes, to tell him that we need to find him. I don't think he's on any of the upper levels. That leaves the midsection and the ground level. Personally I think it's the latter..."

IC:"Alright... but no splitting up this time! I'm not letting this guy pick us off one by one or anything like that," said Hivemind. She took a glance towards the shattered windows. "Well, good news is, we'll probably be able to see him if he makes a break for it. Let's start searching."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Gap began heading back the way she'd come. "Mind the armour. It's electrified." Granted, she'd gotten rid of most of it, but she'd rather not waste any more energy on the remaining suits. Creating wormholes taxed her significantly, and she'd rather save the rest of her focus for the inevitable upcoming fight...

IC:"Armor go zappy, got it. Now, as for finding Tornado... he's using his powers to project his voice on the wind, so he could potentially be anywhere in the building," she said. "Of course, if he wants to be effective, he's probably hiding out in a centralized location to distribute his abilities best. Plus, he seems to have seen us coming without actually being here, so the place is probably bugged somehow. Wherever his monitoring equipment is, that's probably also where he's hiding."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire didn't have time to react to the attack from Otherfade. It didn't matter though. He was flying. As in, flame form. Fire is notoriously difficult to kill by stabbing. He didn't even feel the wristblades, and flew right through the attack. He stopped before he hit the wall, nearly bowling Kaname over, and jumped to his feet. "Stella, the machine! Go!" He hurled a few fireballs at Otherfade, knowing that he had to distract the evil twin at all costs.IC: Magneta stepped off the elevator and looked around, her eyes narrowing. If they didn't find this guy, they'd have to ask someone, and after that last incident, that wasn't an enticing prospect.

OOC: Well, Hivemind may act like she's nuts, but she can spew technobabble and strategy with the best of them. :P

OOC: Well, there's no point in being competent if everyone knows exactly how competent you really are. It keeps them on their toes. :)IC:Otherfade rolled to the side, the fireballs singing a nearby shelf. Stella was making a break for the machine, but thanks to Plasmafire's shout Otherfade knew it too. He leapt up on the workbench and chased after Stella. He hurled out his grappler, wrapping around Stella's arm and slowing her down. She hurled flames at Otherfade in retaliation, but it did little to disuade him as he started dragging her away from the Supercharger.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire raised his arm, and pointed at the grappling line. He shot his plasma cutter again, slowaly raising his arm up and down in a wide area to give him the best chance of cutting through the line...

IC:The plasma beam sliced across the grappling cord, sizzling and sending off a shower of sparks. The section glowed red hot, but remained largely intact; the nanofibers that made up the cord were tough, but they likely wouldn't survive a more sustained attack...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire turned his hand 90 degrees. Honestly, the motions technicly had nothing to do with his powers, but he found they helped him visualize what he wanted to do. In this case, he was intensifying the beam, concentraing more and more plasma into a smaller and smaller area. He kept going over the same spot on the cord, knowing it needed to snap...

IC:With a hiss the grappler snapped in half, showing sparks and plasma globs as it did. Stella continued to run for the Supercharger, untangling the cord off her arms. Otherfade started to run after her, only for Fade to swoop in and knock him to the ground. Otherfade kicked him aside and rolled to his feet. swinging the red-hot end of his grappling line at Fade like a whip.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire ran at Otherfade and leapt in front of the red-hot cord. The sharpness and the whipping aspect would hurt, yeah, but he could take the heat of it where Fade couldn't. He also fired a burst of flame at Otherfade, still trying to keep him distracted.

IC:The burst of flame struck Otherfade in the chest and he recoiled from the impact, but in the end it left little more than a scorch mark on his chest plating. Sensing he'd caused Plasmafire some pain even if the heat couldn't harm him Otherfade advanced on him, whipping the cord at him repeatedly.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire jumped away from the cord before bursting back into his flame form. The whipping cord shouldn't be able to hurt him now. He raised both his hands and fired a continuous jet of flame at Otherfade, aiming to cut off his line of sight.

IC:Otherfade took a few steps back; he might be unable to die, but he wasn't invulnerable by any means. He could shrug off most of the fireballs, but he wasn't about to endure the pain of being set on fire if he didn't have to. As he fled, there was a loud creaking and groaning overhead. The icy claws that had grabbed the lift had succeeded in tearing it loose from the shaft, and were now lifting it overhead. They flung it forwards, sending tables, shelves, and gadgets flying as it tumbled across the room towards Stella as she ran for the Supercharger.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Holy cow, she's still running? How big is this basement? :PIC: Plasmafire looked up and shot a few plasma sparks at icy claws, then shot a glance at Stella. She needed to be going faster... He turned his attention to her for a couple of seconds, just long enough to lob a plasma grenade just behind her. The condensed plasma would explode, hopefully launching Stella at a much higher speed towards the supercharger... It was a long shot, but hey, what'd they have to lose?

OOC: There's no shrapnel, it's not an actual grenade. >.> It's just condensed plasma exploding. She's a pyro, she should be able to take the heat.

OOC: Well, it's a much larger chamber under the basement, not to mention the fact people have been trying to kill her the entire time.IC:The plasma bomb exploded, the shockwave flinging Stella out of the path of the out-of-control lift. She landed just short of the Supercharger, and glared over at Plasmafire; Stella understood why he'd done it, but she was certain there were better ways to have done it. Regardless, she pulled herself back up to her feet, ducking in between the spinning prongs of the Supercharger. Energy crackled around the whirling blades, bathing Stella in an aura of light...But the others still had plenty of problems to deal with. The lift was still sliding out of control across the lab, and Fade and Plasmafire were directly in its path.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Sorry!" Plasmafire cried at the glowing supercharger. "No time to warn you!" Now, to deal with the more immediate problem. The lift sliding towards them. Plasmafire pointed at the oncoming lift and fired his plasma cutter beam at it, slicing a man-sized hole in it. He leapt towards the hole, hoping to make it through, and that Fade would get the idea and follow suit...

IC:Fade broke into a run, diving and rolling through the hole Plasmafire had cut in the lift. He crashed to the ground, groaning as he slid to a stop. The lift continued to cut a path of destruction across the lab, finally crashing against the reinforced walls and crumbling into a heap of debris. Moments later Otherfade emerged from the wreckage, shimmering as he returned into phase, and made a run for the whirling and glowing Supercharger.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire saw Otherfade sprinting for the supercharger and raised his hands, shooting jets of flame at the fallen hero. He seemed to have back away from the flame before, so maybe he could slow Otherfade down...

IC:Otherfade went intangible, shimmering out of sight as the flames left scorch marks on the floor around him. Fade pulled himself up off the ground, wristblades sliding into place as he watched to see where Otherfade would reappear."I'll give our Dad one thing... he really knew how to build," Otherfade's voice rang across empty air. Fade tried to determine its origin, but over the whir of the Supercharger it was impossible to pinpoint. "Even for a prototype, this Supercharger is masterfully constructed. There's just one flaw, though."Otherfade blinked back into existence, just short of the Supercharger. A smoke grenade was clutched in his palm. The pin dropped to the floor."It's very fragile."He tossed the smoke grenade behind him, letting it roll into the maelstrom of energy swirling at the heart of the Supercharger. It detonated, even the small spark it made enough to turn dynamo of raw power into an inferno. A shockwave resounded through the lab, smashing computers and flipping tables, the walls crumbling and cracking under the stress. The energy flared upwards, burning clean through the ceiling into the house above.Burning hot shards of metal shot in every direction, the Supercharger's own inertia tearing itself apart. As its prongs disintegrated into a wave of shrapnel, smoke and electricity poured from the central power core until finally it could take no more. A second explosion ripped what was left of the Supercharger to shreds, black smoke and tongues of flames spewing across the room. The sheer force flung Stella across the room, crashing right through a bank of computers. She rolled to the ground, smoke and wisps of orange light rising off her body where she lay...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire had flung his hands up to protect himself and Fade from the heat of the explosion. When he lowered them, he saw Stella land. He groaned and rocketed over to her, gently rolling her onto her back. "Stella! Stella, are you okay?!"

OOC: I find it amusing that Plasmafire's constantly doing something with his arms. :P

IC:Stella didn't respond. She didn't even move. Obviously the flames couldn't hurt her, but the shrapnel of the disintegrating Supercharger had cut deep slashes and gashes where they struck. To say nothing of the raw, uncontrolled energy that had just surged through Stella's body and the unimaginable damage that might have caused; if she was even still alive after all that, it was just barely.But Otherfade wasn't about to give Plasmafire a chance to check her condition any further. While he was distracted by the unmoving Stella, Otherfade leapt onto his back, dragging the cord of his grappler around Plasmafire's neck in an attempt to strangle him. Even fire couldn't survive without oxygen...Meanwhile, black smoke continued to belch out of the remains of the Supercharger as it died. White-hot molten metal dripped from the ceiling where the energy plume had burnt through it, and fires were spreading across the lab as the burning debris landed. Fade threw up his arms to shield his face as a wall of flame roared up in front of him. He could see Plasmafire was in trouble, but he'd need to get find an alternate route through the burning lab if he wanted to help him.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Oh, this was bad. If Plasmafire knew anything about himself, it was that he burned through oxygen faster than just about anyone. And he'd been in the middle or breathing out. He stood as fast as he could, grabbing wildly at the cord around his neck. He started thrashing back and forth, trying to knock Otherfade off ballance while he tried to burn his way through the cord.

IC:The cord burned red as Plasmafire scorched at it, but refused to break. His thrashing didn't seem to dissuade Otherfade much either; he knew he could survive most of what Plasmafire could dish out, and was determined to make sure the opposite wouldn't be true. He pulled the cord tighter, determined to squeeze the last ounce of life out of Plasmafire..."Yaaaargh!"A shout cut through the roar of destruction and explosions, loud enough to catch Otherfade's attention. X-Calibur staggered forwards, his jacket soaked with blood. One arm clutching his energy machete, the other was clutched tightly against his chest. With all of his strength X-Calibur heaved the blade forwards, driving it through the gaps in Otherfade's shoulder armor. He winced but otherwise looked uninterested in the blade sticking through his chest, and still refused to release his grip on Plasmafire."Really?" asked Otherfade. "What was that supposed to do-"X-Calibur flipped a switch, and the energy field surrounding his machete roared to life. Otherfade screamed in pain as the flickering energy cut effortlessly through flesh and bone. He staggered backwards, losing his grip on Plasmafire as he tore the blade free and clutched at his wounded arm. X-Calibur stumbled back a bit, dropping his blade, and collapsed against the wall, wincing as he did.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire twisted away from Otherfade, yanking at the cord as he did so. A bit of the weakened material snapped off in his hand, and Plasmafire turned to X-Calibur quickly. "I owe you one, X!" Plasmafire turned back to Otherfade, whipping the short piece of cord around threataningly, heating it up as he did so. "Whassamatter, Fadester? Can't take the shock?"

IC:Otherfade muttered a few choice words under his breath as he clutched his shoulder. A deep gash had been torn through his armor; inside muscles and tendons could be seen knitting themselves back together, but it was a slow process for such a major wound. He was lucky his arm was even still attached."What does it matter? Your little plan failed," Otherfade snarled. "Your Supercharger is gone, and the gal you wanted to stick in there doesn't look long for this world either. You can die out in this freezing waste for all I care."He ducked out, vanishing through the quickly spreading flames. X-Calibur groaned, pulling off his helmet and letting it drop to the ground. He coughed, a small stream of blood trickling from his lips. Wincing slightly, he gazed upwards towards Plasmafire."You... you go after him. I'll take care of Stella... do what I can..." he wheezed, despite the fact he didn't look in much better condition than Stella. "Don't worry about me... she's the important one... she's our future... I'm not gonna let her die. Not like I'd be much good in a fight now, anyway..."---Fade charged down another row of shelves, only to stagger back as more flames spewed up in front of him. His eyes scanned the lab for any other safe routes; there were fewer with every second the fires continued to spread. Just as Fade was about to double back and try again, Otherfade came out of nowhere and clocked him in the jaw."It's just about time for me to blow this joint, and you're the only one of us with a working grappler," he said. "I can take this the easy way or the... actually, I think we both know you're gonna choose the hard way, right?""You know me so well," Fade replied, swinging a wristblade at his double.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: The third floor had been fairly noisy two seconds ago, with the sounds of fingers tapping on keyboards, printers and copiers churning out documents and a general office atmosphere. All that stopped (even the printers and copiers, for some reason) when the heroes walked in. Every face turned toward them. Those in cubicles who couldn't see them seemed to know there was something going on. Most of those who did see them looked confused, some apprehensive or even outright worried. Apparently snot-nosed teenagers weren't the only ones who equated superheroes with big explosions.NPC: Ultionis touched his comm, contacting Skyra in the next room. "Please tell me you have something. The look on this guy's face makes me want to pull his teeth out." He knew better than to disturb Mystic directly at a time like this.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?