To Save The World!

OOC: Yeah, I'm having more fun with this little plot than I have in quite some time. :biggrin:IC: (NPC - Ethereal)Ethereal spluttered for a moment, before finally jogging to catch up with her. "I - I can't leave you alone in this place," he said finally. "You don't know enough about it yet. I'd never forgive myself if something bad happened to you here..."The smell of decay was getting stronger now, and the shadows ahead of them and behind them writhed with unseen figures. Finally the hallway opened up into a massive cylindrical chamber, stretching up three stories until its ceiling was masked with shadows. The walls here were made of a dark black stone, cold seeming to ooze out of them. In the center of the room was a raised platform, and set atop that was a bleached white throne.The figure sitting atop that throne was clad in a skintight black uniform, preventing any skin from being seen on any part of his body. He seemed to be wearing a golden-brown skeleton, but closer inspection revealed it to be an ornamental suit of armor, wrapped in bands around his form to resemble bones. His helmet was styled after a gaping maw of the same color, teeth framing what must have been a black cloth covering his face."So, you're that little dreamer the Coalition boys brought in, aren't you?" the man said in his soft, raspy voice. He shifted on his throne, and suddenly it was apparent that it was made of human bones, fused together into a grotesque seat. The arms of it each ended in a skull, staring eerily down at Crystal and Ethereal. "Of course you are. The question, then, is what are you doing here?"~Lord Rahl~

IC: CrystalCrystal decided to show no fear, besides why should she fear him? She had the power to defeat him here, she hoped anyway. "I'm looking, looking for answers." She looked at him straight in the eyes, or where she thought his eyes should be. "From the way your talking, you aren't Coalition, are you? So, the better question would be, what are you doing here? Don't think I'm some frail woman that will cower at the site of your ugly head. I can manipulate anything I want to in this place." The truth was she was quite afraid, she just hoped she had enough courage to see this through.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (NPCs - Dream World)The man was silent for a moment, staring intently at Crystal. (Or it seemed by the angle of his head.) The thought welled up in Crystal's mind that the phrase ugly head had been an incredibly rude thing to say, and that it might be best not to anger a man sitting on a throne made of bones, but as soon as she thought it the man laughed."As can I, my dear, as can I," he replied, leaning forward. "To answer your question, I am master of this realm, so for what reason should I not be here? As for this fortress in particular...let's just say that I have ties to the Coalition, whether I wish to be associated with them or not."Now, tell me, Crystal, what questions do you seek answers to, and what makes you think you can find them here?"~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: DreamcatcherShe was about to speak, then she quickly stopped herself. Wait, I can't tell him why, he'll totally tell the Coalition what I'm up to. "Well, it was only one question really, I want to know why, why did the Coalition kidnap me? How'd they even know about me? I was just a waitress before all this mess started." This wasn't the question she really wanted answered, but she couldn't let them know that she was trying to find out where the Coalition base was located, if they knew that, they might find out about her link with Nathan, or Skyra as they'd know him. If the Coaltion knew what she was up too, it would not be fun what they might do to her in the real world.

Edited by Snelly

IC: KILL had taken to doing as he proposed earlier: milling about the ground level and keeping heroes at bay. That was both helped and hindered by the fact he was a car, lurching fowards to send someone diving out of the way. Reversing back the two machine guns attached to his sides sprayed bullets into a wall he was certain someone was taking cover behind, ripping into a sofa before he reversed into an expensive looking display case.... oh well it wasn't like this was the Coalition base, coelatteral damage was no reason to worry!IC(NPC): As Esp idled in the park, trying to look as ordinary as one extra-planetary vessal could she pondered on Sluice's current walkabouts with her new friend. The AI considered the prospect that the heroine's mind was treating the loss of Silver as akin to a family pet, hence his 'replacement' with a full alien subsitute... not something Esp really approved of. She had enough to worry about, trying to safegaurd an exposed-identity Super while not at top operating capacity, while also making sure Fell' there wasn't some scouting double agent who'd stab Sluice in the back once it had her trust. Replacing Silver in any respect was just..... wrong....Inside her musing form, a secured case held the floating form of the Crystal. Despite her previous owner's insistance that Sarah should wear it, she had turned the artifact over to Esp's care, rather than her own... the AI suspected this was partially due to feeling guilt over Silver's demise, and having something that had been so personal to him around was more than she was willing to handle. So it had taken up a new home, where it rotated silently, innocently, as if it held no great power at all.Until now.The blue gemstone's surface began to pulse and glow as the artifact took action, forcibly redirecting communications from elsewhere in the world towards Esp herself. The transmission flicked up onto Esp's main viewscreen without any action, and trying to alter or outright turn it off resulted in nothing... but it only took moments for her to relise this was something she really, really had to see. Patching herself through to Sluice mere minutes later, and making sure the recording of the message was without fault, she interrupted the little Super Adventure Time going on."Sorry to barge in your new alien pal's Meet N' Greet, but I've just picked up something you really need to see... I don't think you'd want to delay, if I just saw what I think I saw"

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Gap did consider offering to create a wormhole to let Gap travel to a safe place, but she wasn't so selfless that she was about to assume responsibility for a mission that wasn't even hers. She'd just have to ensure that Hivemind stayed alive and saw things through.Concentrating on not thinking about the entrance doors below as the powerful storm outside rattled them, she summoned a wormhole into existence. She reached an arm inside and dragged out the man whose sports car she had Hivemind had recently stolen. Luckily he was still unconscious and so hadn't moved from where Gap had originally deposited him. Gap began to tear his shirt away in strips, looping them around Hivemind's chest."Just... straighten up a bit. This is going to hurt but it'll stem the blood flow." Gap pulled on the strips of fabric, tying them tight.IC(NPC): Meltdown scraped along under Omega's pull. Behind him, the walls and ceiling continued to burn.IC(NPC): Dirge rose, supported by swirling air, and shortly after Impact and Dread began to levitate on the wild wind currents too. When the crash came the platform shuddered and warped out of shape; sparks flew from severed wires. The crates, and their shattered remains from Impact's earlier attack, went flying in all directions. The winds dissipated and the villains dropped gently to the floor. The doorway (which was also slightly twisted from the unconventional landing) revealed a shining metal corridor extending before them.IC: Sluice fell silent as Esp's message buzzed through her ears. Then, trying to ignore the tingle of nervous apprehension that had begun to form in her mind, she rushed to finish the rest of her meal."Esp just - contacted me," she said to Fellwyd in-between mouthfuls. "Something important. We need to - go to her." Well,from the phrasing it only concerned her but she wasn't about to leave Fellwyd on his own. She'd agreed to partner up with him so that meant involving him in every matter that came her way.When they had finished eating they left the cafeteria; Sluice led the way out of the League Court at a brisk pace. They crossed over to the parking lot where Esp still stood, and climbed aboard...

Edited by Kumata

IC:"Really can't see how it'd hurt more than it already does- Ohowowahowargh!" Hivemind cried suddenly as the makeshift bandages tightened around her chest.Slowly, Hivemind got back on her feet, tugging on a nearby tapestry for support - and no doubt ruining it in the process as she ran her bloodstained hands across it. There was a lot of wincing and moaning as she moved, but at least she could move again."Alright.... better, but not quite brilliant. Not much more we can do though, I suppose," Hivemind muttered. She had half a mind to pull out of the mission entirely right now, but the one thing she liked less than these missions was having to explain to her superiors why she didn't do the mission. "Alright... I'm almost certain Tornado is hiding in the basement. Come on... let's try and find a stairway that'll take us down there..."[For Science]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Hmmm... I want to get Nihilo back into it, but Gap's his only contact. Hivemind being hurt could provide an excuse to bring in some help. Does that sound okay? I'll just say that it was a particularly bad day at the stock exchange, which meant even though Nihilo isn't full, he can still put up a pretty good fight.

IC(Fellwyd): The alien had taken only a few seconds to figure out a reasonable approximation of the appropriate use for the utensils, though he appeared convinced that the mashed potatoes were there as a dipping sauce for the rest of the food. Nonetheless, he finished his meal no later than Sluice finished hers, albeit somewhat unhappily, as he had found the cafeteria somewhat more pleasant than the passive-aggressive AI he was returning to.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: The fourth floor looked much like the third. Offices lined the walls, cubicles held office workers who only glanced up briefly at the new arrivals (a stark change from the earlier reception) before returning to their no doubt pressing assignments of whatever it was people did in legal offices. On closer inspection one of the office doors bore the name 'William Elliott' on the outside. It didn't sound like there was anyone inside.IC: Omega flicked his fingers, and the chain lifted itself (and its prisoner) up off the ground to hover upside-down several feet away, where he couldn't just grab Omega and plasma-fry him. "Dude, you've lost. Just stop ruining the lawn and wait for someone with a pair of stasis cuffs so I can go fight the next villain."|H-D|NPC: The massive CRASH jolted Ultionis from his thoughts. Sounds like we've got company, he remarked across the mental link. Any idea how far away they are?(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"Well, they've taken an elevator down... apologies, taken down an elevator," said Mystic, feeling this information was best not restricted to psychic channels. "They're a few corridors away from us; I anticipate they'll be upon us within minutes."----Archmage caught sight of Meltdown's struggle with Omega, and spun around to fire a disintegration beam in the hero's direction. Arguably, it was a move for the good of the team, ensuring one of their own was not captured during the breakout, but the true reason was more selfish on Archmage's part. If Omega incapacitated Meltdown he'd likely turn on the nearest villain, which would be her. If she was going to fight two heroes at once, at the very least Archmage thought she ought to try and free Meltdown, evening out the odds just a bit.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Just as Omega was enjoying the thrill of victory, something had to come and ruin his fun. Something green and painful, which threw him back just a bit - not nearly as much as the explosion - but hurt like a thousand tiny needles jabbed into his body at the same time. Okay, forget the explosion. That was officially an annoyance. This? This disintegration beam to the chest thing? That hurt. Enough, in fact, that for a few precious moments he was reduced to curling up on the ground and trying to breathe (nevermind that he didn't need to) enough to curse in Portuguese.|H-D|IC: Had he been thinking much about that, Shard might have admired that Archmage seemed to actually care about her teammate enough that she would ignore the threat coming right at her to help him. Sadly, he wasn't. He was busy bringing the club around for a nice, heavy slam. He did try to aim for the staff, though - it seemed a lot tougher than she was, and a diamond club isn't something a person should take to the gut or head. Of course the impact with the staff would either toss it out of her hands or slam her around as well, but there was less chance of broken ribs this way.*H-D*NPC: Ultionis tensed, hugging his cover tightly. If they're that close, I suggest we keep all communications on this channel. We don't want them knowing we're here. That, plus he liked psychic links when he could get them. They were like a hands-free, silent radio that never gave your position away, barring other psychics in the area. Mystic, do you know which ones are on their way here? What they do?(H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: I still don't see a good opening for Kaname to Attack Otherfade at the moment, will wait until Plasmafire makes a move.So i'll bring in X-blade and his little friend.IC:X-blade had somehow gotten a very good thing to eat for the Girl to eat, she didnt ask questions or anything, she just ate. "You know kid, I'm beginning to like you, I can tell that you have a special power, and you don't fear me, which means that we are supposed to be a...team."He had a very hard tiome saying that, since he has been doing just fine without anyone.Well, he couldn't complain about it, he decided to take her under his wing for the most part. But at least now he would have a better way to fight more than one person depending on this Little Girl's powers.OOC:I will someday make the proper deal for her and her powers, so yeah.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC:Looks like only three of them have reached our level; the fear-inducing one, the aerokinetic and the fifth one, who appears to have some form of concussive abilities. He's the one who brought down the lift, said Mystic. It appears that the other two are still occupied near the entrance.---Archmage hadn't forgotten that Shard was still attacking her; in fact, it was precisely why she'd rather have Meltdown still in the fight rather than take on them both on her own. She was honestly a little grateful Shard was trying to attack her staff instead of herself directly; mostly because she didn't want to take a diamond club to the skull, but also because it put his weapon in her direct line of fire. Archmage swung her staff and fired off another disintegration bolt; at closer range and with a bit more power charging through it it did more damage than before, blowing a hole clean through the club and sending deep fractures through the club. With the same sweeping motion Archmage she raised her staff to block the club, hoping the damage she'd inflicted would cause the club to shatter from the force of its own momentum as it struck.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Shard blinked, glancing from the hole in his club to the stick that made it. "Wow. You're a lot more destructive than you look. You ever think of a career in heroing? Doesn't pay much, but you get to work with people who wouldn't stab you in the back for twenty cents, so that's a plus." He tried to pull the shattered fragments from the club back and re-form it, but again it proved only to be a quick, sloppy fix. Another hit like that and he'd have to fill the holes in with new diamond, which took up more energy than he'd like, considering how much he'd already invested in creating a club and shield. Speaking of his shield, he held it up in front of his face as he spoke, but didn't swing again yet. Never know, she might be interested.*H-D*NPC: Ultionis considered this. The impact one could be trouble if he could pour out that much power. I'll consider him a priority. The wind manipulator could also get in the way if he uses his powers defensively. Whatever their speed, these tranq darts don't have the weight of a bullet. Skyra, if he screens himself with wind, can you cancel it out? Calm the air enough to get off a decent shot? I don't want to resort to regular bullets if I don't have to.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Plasmafire looked down just in time to see the remains of Otherfades rope trying to entagle him. Not that it mattered... "Explain to me one thing!" Plasmafire cried as the rope simply passed through his flaming legs. "When my body becomes simply a man-shaped pillar of flame, why does everyone still try physical attacks with me? You can't beat up a fire!"IC: Magneta walked briskly past reception, heading straight for the office with the name they wanted. Confidence is 90% of the game, if she gave off that air of confidence, she didn't think anyone would bother her. She reached the office and tried the door handle, hoping it wasn't locked...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: SkyraYa, that shouldn't be a problem, I can make sure the wind doesn't interfere with your shots. Skyra was ready for them, the moment they appeared in that corridor, he'd launch his sphere of air at them with tremendous speed. Then they'd have to subdue whoever was still conscious.

NPC: Unfortunately for all involved, it seemed the door was indeed locked. On the bright side, though, the knob and lock seemed to be made of metal...NPC: Good. Now, we might only have a couple of minutes, maybe less, before they get here. I hate to bombard you, Mystic, but you're the only one who's seen them. He kept the thought of how ironic that was strictly out of the link. Can you give us a description of the villains, or their powers at work? Maybe a mental image? I'd rather know if I get hit by the fear-inducer's powers, if at all possible.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta had figured it wouldn't be that easy. Fortunately, doorknobs and locks are generaly made of metal, so with a simple, subtle use of her powers, the door unlocked, allowing Magneta and the invisible Surge to quickly slip through.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

NPC: At first glance the inside of the office looked, for lack of a better word, office-y. There were a couple bookshelves, mostly filled with binders containing boring legal documents or books on law, a desk with computer, some files and a phone, a spinny chair - just like any office anywhere, really.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Magneta chewed on her lip for a moment before heading for the computer. "Okay Surge, I'm gonna check this computer for anything related to our friend Dylan, you want to check his papers and see if you find anything interesting?"

NPC: Unfortunately, there was nothing in the files about the man - apparently this wasn't where they kept the (suspected) criminal profiles. The computer files were empty of any reference too, but there was one interesting e-mail. It seemed to be from the district attourney himself, Vance Edwards, dated earlier today. It was unopened. The DA was known to be hard on crime, and even harder on corruption in his office. In fact, that was his primary platform: A zero-tolerance policy for cops, officials or anyone else in a position of power cooperating with criminals.This was precisely why the e-mail proved curious. Though the details were vague, it mentioned an 'upsetting turn of events' and informed Elliott to ensure that when Eisling was inevitably taken in for questioning, he be brought straight to Edwards himself or a man named Malcolm, not to any police interrogators. He didn't seem to know Eisling had already been caught.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

Alias: lone

Appearance:john wears an experimental armor that covers only his chest, as the rest of his limbs have been replaced with robotic ones. his arms and legs blend with his armor, making it seem like a suit of armor instead of a chestplate and helmet. his helmet looks similar to recon armor in halo.

Power:lone was no natural power, but has super strength and speed due to his robotic limbs. he also has a nanoforge built into his armor, allowing small healing(small bullet, shrapnel, and anti-matter wounds, and 1st and second degree wounds),two 9mm smg in his arms, and has many failsafes(covered in bio).

Allegiance:Solo Hero

Area: where ever he roams

Bio: john was born in hollywood, but moved when he was young. he always had a calling for tech, but he thought it was ruined when his parents split and he saw it was saved when he moved with his dad back to hollywood. there he started to develop the amour he now wears. after a near death car crash at the age of 19,that killed his dad, he used the armor to replace is destroyed limbs. since then he has traveled the world and has seen all the it has to offer. he is also very paronid, so because of this, should he die, he goes out with a bang, littearly. the small fusion reactor on the back of his armor is sent an override code to selfdestructe, killing anything in a 10 mile raduis.this only happeneds if he dies.

if anyone has suggtions, tell me. im open to them.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Sorry King Joe, but I can't think of any way to sensibly introduce Nihilo to the Tornado plot. If Gap was going to wormhole away for help, why would she go to a guy who she thinks is still weakened, and why choose a new recruit over dozens of more skilled/veteran Coalition members that she knows of? I'll give you something to do right after this is over.IC: A hidden stairway was going to be in one of two places: underneath the floor, or inside one of the walls. Gap left Hivemind to check the floor whilst she assumed the more strenuous task of shifting cabinets and suits of armour as she rapped her fists against the walls, listening carefully for any signs of hollowness. She tried to work as fast as possible, given that the entrance hall was a very big room and that those rattling doors weren't getting any quieter.IC(NPC): Dirge sprinted with the others into the corridor - they knew to head straight on as there were no doors lining this particular corridor. There were no heroes in sight, but Dirge's fists brimmed with gathering winds all the same. He wouldn't be surprised if somebody with invisibility or another similar power tried to attack them...

IC:Well, I can only tell so much about them - when you're looking through someone's eyes you tend not to actually see them - but from what glimpses I've caught the fear-inducer he looks to be wearing armor and some sort of horned helmet, replied Mystic. He's also shooting some sort of green beams to make his abilities work, so you should probably avoid those. Just a suggestion.---"You'd be surprised how intolerant some heroes can be about powers that usually leave people as piles of ash," replied Archmage. "So, uh... thanks but no thanks, I guess."With that she ducked to her the side and started firing disintegration bolts at Shard, trying to sneak one around his shield as she moved.---"If... If you're looking for a hidden door or something... I could try and search it out with a few bugs," Hivemind suggested. "Of course... it'd probably be pretty risky, given the whole... well, y'know..."---Countless universes twisted and spun in Fade’s field of vision. Everything was a blur of orange, yellow and red for a few seconds, until finally it coalesced itself into the infinitely branching tree of dimensions. So he was here again; back in the void between the worlds. But the important question was how he'd wound up there. At first he'd hoped Wingman and the others had figured out the device and were trying to pull them back. But unfortunately, he wasn't being pulled back home. He was just... floating helplessly out in the void.Then, just when Fade was starting to resign himself to a fate of drifting through an endless nothingness until starvation, he found himself hurtling forwards at tremendous speed. A trail of lights seemed to crackle across the void, leading towards another branch of the web of the multiverse. A crack of light began to form on the surface of the branch; within it Fade could catch glimpses of The Technician's lab on the other side.But then Fade stopped. The portal opened when he was trying to phase, and now he was heading back to the lab when he'd thought about it. Maybe... Fade visualized his father's lab in his mind, trying to hold the image as clearly in his mind. He rocketed off once again, this time traveling away from his own branch of reality. A crack of light opened on the surface of the other reality, and Fade shot on through it...---"Oh, well excuse me. You've met me; do I really have anything else?" asked Otherfade. "I'm just trying to occupy you until I can get out of here and let Frigid freeze you solid."He darted back towards the rubble pile, trying to get back out of the lab before Plasmafire got another chance to take a shot at him. But he only made it halfway up before an orange portal crackled open in front of him. Fade came flying through the rift, kicking Otherfade in the gut and sending him tumbling back down the slope...OOC: So yeah, way back when in the old RPG I had a power upgrade that I never used. The whole altverse storyline was where I'd intended to give Fade the upgrade; I'd originally intended for this storyline to happen after the Sharkmen plot in Rio, but then the Technax invasion happened, so that.. well, didn't. Now that that's finally over, I'm finally using that power upgrade; the full details on that will get explained in a few posts.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Well, that's just not fair. Here I am trying to be cool by having a PC who can create wormholes and then Fade just goes and gains the ability to phase between universes. :PIC: Gap considered Hivemind's suggestion. "Better not, if it's really that damaging to your health." She wanted her teammate in as good a condition as possible for when the confrontation with Tornado came...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Esp's holographic mouth was a grim slash as Sluice (and to the AI's dismay, the alien too) boarded once more."A few minutes back the Crystal went into an active state, and I was forced to recieve a signal... despite my efforts to redirect or block it. At first it just seemed like useless rabble but.... well.... you'd better see for yourself" she began to explain, displaying a staticy viewscreen before what looked like a TV signal began to come through, recorded from the original one earlier.*****************************".... and with that magnificent display SuperBeing Smackdown draws to a close for another season! But never fear viewers, our great tournament won't leave you in the dark for many more months! I am pleased to announce with the end our of singles matches, we will now begin our team tournament! Yes, now we'll be pitting your favourite fighters in groups against other groups for your viewing pleasure!" a brightly-suited announcer was rambling in typical gameshow fashion, resulting in cheers from the crowd that the Superbeing carnage would continue."I also have an announcement""Mastermind! Ah, erhm, our latest champion everyone! Are you here to announce your teammates, should you enter?" the announcer had almost leapt into the air as the cloaked being stepped up behind him, quickly regaining his composure despite the slipup."No, I will not have a team. I will be entering the team tournament alone, and I challenge any team composed of any Superbeing's to face me... if I am defeated, I will also be providing half of todays winnings as a bonus. Not that I expect to face many of you..." Mastermind smirked slightly underneath his cloak, the faintiest view of it visible just under his hood.********While this address was aimed at his opponents, Mastermind had no way to know this was also being picked up half a world away by Esp. The AI was silent as she allowed the disturbing message to continue and letting the announcer ramble, but held almost no focus from the viewers. Mastermind's cloaked form was key; that cloak was disturbingly familar. It had taken even more damage since last Sluice had seen it, but the design was far too identical to just be co-incidence.Mastermind, whatever kind of creature he was, was wearing Silver's cloak. But Silver's cloak had been on the psychic when the Mothership exploded.... if the cloak had made it to Earth intact..."I do not know who this Mastermind is or how he got what he's wearing... but it's appearance is far too close to be sheer co-incidence. We need to investigate this immediatly"

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): The alien stared blankly at the screen for a few minutes, the significance of what he'd just seen having gone completely over his head. Finally, after a while of trying to piece a few rather sharp concepts together, getting a headache, and then deciding that the rather blunt mind of a Diemawr was not suited to this task (though not so directly - his actual thought was that the AI had gone mad), he spoke up."Wait... close to what? Investigate? How, where... what?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (NPC - Impact)Impact did nothing to visibly ready himself; when he needed to, he would activate his powers, and not before. Unlike the concentrated concussive wave he had produced in the elevator room, he had no real need to charge his abilities. Charging the blast simply made it more potent, and at times dramatic. That had been the reason he had been sent to Confinement, after all - in the few times he had been captured, he had demolished half of the prison in the process of escaping. He still took the lead, however; it would be rather unfortunate if either of his teammates were to be hit by his powers at close range.IC: (NPCs - Dream World)"You came to the world of dreams seeking the reason for your capture?" the man asked, the tone of his voice amused. "Could you not have asked your captors yourself? What did you hope to glean here that was not overly apparent in the waking world?"He leaned back in his throne, seeming to relax slightly. "The Coalition abducts many SuperBeings, my dear, for any number of reasons. To force them to join the Coalition; to use as stock for genetic experiments; to study and possibly learn to harness their powers; sometimes nothing more than to use them for their agents' own sadistic pleasures." Vile and utterly terrifying images of what the man was hinting at appeared unbidden in Crystal's mind. "Choose to believe what you will; I doubt you'll find much more on this side of consciousness."~Lord Rahl~

IC:"Well... I'm not gonna pretend it's not risky... but I'm pretty sure going up and down this hall looking for hidden doors while Tornado is just waiting to drop a hurricane on us is just as risky," said Hivemind. "Besides... I can focus a little better... move a bit of mass that's less vital for the transfer this time. Plus, once I took down an Inferno Walker with brains and a bit of blind luck. I can handle risky..."On cue, a few hornets willed themselves free from her palms. Hivemind leaned against the staircase for support, while her bugs flew in and out of every loose crack in the building, searching for a hint of a hidden entrance. They hummed quietly about their job for a minute or two, before finally returning to Hivemind. She looked a little relieved as she reabsorbed them, but only slightly. Hivemind got to her feet, making her way towards the blood-smeared tapestry she'd used to pull herself up. She gave it another strong tug, this time with enough force to tear it down to the floor. Hivemind felt along the wall to confirm what her bugs had shown her: the faint outline of a groove cut through the stone wall."Alright, I've found the door, but if there's a triggering mechanism I can't find it," Hivemind said, starting to push against the door. "Alright, give me a hand with this, see if we can't force it open. Heck, if an old man can do it, so can we..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: DreamcatcherThe images in her head, were, utterly horrifying. The worst part was, she believed him, the Coaltion, whatever there plans for her were, she would not enjoy. "Get-get out of my head." Crystal said, starting to shake a little. Crystel knew what she was about to say could possible comprise her League friends, but then again, this guy just might not care enough to tell the Coalition. "Actually....there is one more thing I'd like to know, where the heck am I? In the real world I mean, I don't exactly know you see, and it's eating at me." She hoped she wouldn't regret asking.

IC: Sluice took a few moments to respond to Fellwyd's audible confusion. She was in shock herself. When she spoke her voice quavered with uncertainty."That... that person, Mastermind, he's wearing Silver's cloak...Um, you must know that this planet was invaded by aliens a few weeks ago, right? I was part of the team of heroes that traveled up to their mothership. So was my friend, Silver. He... he sacrificed himself to bring about the mothership's destruction. But... I saw him moments before he did it. He was at the heart of the mothership's Extinction Cannon when it exploded - the amount of power unleashed, it should have... well, I just can't imagine how that cloak ended up on Earth, more or less intact to boot. Esp's right, it's - it's far too close a match to be a coincidence." She didn't want to mention the rather obvious implication that if Silver's cloak had survived, then so might have Silver... it seemed too good to be true; that if she vocalized her thoughts they might be jinxed somehow.IC: Gap joined Hivemind, leaning against the wall and forcing her weight against it...

IC:There was a grinding of stone against stone as Hivemind and Gap pushed against it. The panel was starting to slide inwards, slowly as it fought against its own inner mechanisms. Finally, with one last shove the door swung open abruptly, and Hivemind just barely stopped herself from tumbling down the stairs. Once she caught her footing, Hivemind peered over the brim of her sunglasses into the darkness. A spiral staircase, made of slabs of rough-cut stone, made its way downwards underneath the mansion. There was no light save what was coming in from the main hall, and more than a few feet down was little more than pitch blackness."So... a creepy dark staircase leading down to a possibly-crazy old man who's done nothing but try to kill us," she muttered. "Well, what are we waiting for?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: (NPCs - Dream World)The man chuckled sinisterly. "Where are you, my dear?" he rasped softly. "You are in a Coalition prison cell, desperately searching for any hope of an escape, never realizing the perils you put yourself in." He rose from his seat, towering over Crystal from the platform. "You call it 'the real world.' What makes that world any more real than this one? For that matter, what makes you any less vulnerable here?"~Lord Rahl~

IC: DreamcatcherDidn't think he'd be that helpful. Crystal gave Ethereal a look that said, 'If things get too dicey, get us out of here.' She turned back to face the scary man. "Well, apparently, I've assumed too much..." She said backing away slowly. "I'll be honest with you, I'm flat out of questions, not that this wasn't fun and all, but I think I really must be going now." She kept slowly going back toward the way they came in.

IC: (NPCs - Dream World)"You assume a great deal," the man said, descending from the platform on a spiral set of stairs that encircled its base. That meant that the man disappeared for a moment behind the platform, and the two turned to make a run for the passageway. But where the hallway had stood moments before, there was nothing but solid stone. They spun around as the man reappeared, setting foot on the floor and walking slowly, almost lazily toward them."For example, that I would let you leave so easily," he added. A sudden pang of fear, the kind that roots you to the spot and keeps you from moving, struck Crystal, locking her in place. Nearby, Ethereal reached out toward her, only to cringe backward and cower against the wall. The man looked at him for a moment, and Ethereal straightened rigidly, eyes wide, before evaporating in a cloud of mist.The man stopped in front of Crystal, tracing a bony-armored finger along her jawline. "You are no longer in your body," he whispered in that awful voice of his. "This is merely a projection of your mind. I, on the other hand, am here in the flesh. Does that not make my...abilities more potent?"~Lord Rahl~

IC: Dreamcatcher"I....don't..." Crystal stopped, unable to speak out of sheer terror. I've gotta...fight this. She gathered what courage she could and looked at him defiantly."I don't...CARE!" She yelled, the sword she had in her hand got sharper and wider, and she swung at him with lightning speed.

Edited by Snelly

IC: "If Silver is out there.... somewhere.... and somehow hidden from my detection, then this Mastermind is our only lead. I've traced the signal to some kind of underground bunker in Arizona, in the United States... it seems to have been repurposed into a sort of colleosuem field for this Superbeing Smackdown tournament... but, from what I can tell, it doesn't seem to be a very public affair. From what I can gather from here, it's operating outside Earthern law, and as such just walking as League might be unwise. But Mastermind is there, or at least will be, and he's the only source we have.... he'll talk, even if I have to make him myself" Esp frowned, somewhat subtly suggesting that if Mastermind wouldn't spill the beans on his own, they should beat said beans out of him. Certainly the revelation Silver may have made it to Earth, but Esp was unable to detect him to any degree had her on edge... especially if there had been a chance to save Silver, and due to her limitations she had missed it... being unable to follow part of her programming would really set her in a foul, foul mood.".... we can be there in under an hour if you wish to follow this up immediatly, but.... I still have to obey your will... and in my current condition there is no chance of investigating this on my own"

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg