To Save The World!

OOC: I'll let the teleport slide but you could have found other ways to get her out you know

OOC: I swear, that was not my original plan. I intended to have Cosmarul scare her to death in the dream world, force her to wake up, then have her transferred to a different facility because she was too dangerous. On the way some Hero or League member would have hijacked the tiltrotor and rescued her.I admit that I totally forgot about her being able to eat dreams, and was unprepared for the sudden absorbtion factor. There were really only a few ways that could have gone without maiming or killing her, which essentially boiled down to two scenarios - either she absorbed enough energy to bring her body into the dream, or she kept absorbing the dream and managed to take out everyone in the Coalition's base. Teleportation seemed preferrable to a godmod psychic blast capable of rendering a good hundred people comatose, and now it's been established that if she eats the dream world, all it's going to do is bring her body to it and cause everyone nearby a headache. (And I assume when she's physically there, she can't absorb any of it anyway.)Btw, if you give me about half an hour I'll send you a PM with that thing you've been waiting on me for. [/crypticism]IC: (NPC - Cosmarul)Cosmarul let go of Negafire before he burnt his hand, but still managed to make it a hostile seeming move, half shoving him to the side as he did. He took a deep breath to calm himself, and returned to his quiet, raspy tone."What happened was that you let her fall asleep," he said in a voice laced with venom. "And that she dreamed herself out of this place. If you hadn't been comatose you would have just felt the psionic blast she just sent throughout the entire base. I don't know who you are, or how long you've been with the Coalition, but you are in a heap of trouble."~Lord Rahl~

IC: "What?! There was nothing in her file about that, how was I supposed to know she could just dream herself away?!" Negafire brought himself up as tall as he could, trying to at least hold his own here. "Besides, if this was that important, why did they assign a guy to her that just got shot, broke his wrist, and is on enough pain medication to knock out a horse?!"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Tornado fell backwards and stumbled across the floor. There was panic in his eyes; it looked like Gap's speech had put a little fear of the Coalition into his heart. Hivemind looked just as surprised; she'd been back in the cellar for about half the speech, and thusly had no idea what Gap could have done to terrify Tornado so."Woah... just what did you do to him?" she asked. "It really was the moon this time, wasn't it? I mean, it had to be. Come on, tell me it was the moon, just give me this one-""Aaargghh!"Tornado summoned up one massive gust one wind. The force of it knocked Hivemind and Gap backwards and launched wine bottles from their racks, smashing them in all directions. Tornado leapt to his feet, shrouding himself with a whirlwind to stop Gap from grabbing him again. There was terror in his eyes, verging on madness... but like a caged animal that might just make him all the more dangerous."T-threaten me all you like. You won't be able to kill me. You know you cannot hope to take me on," he said. Tornado sounded like he was trying to reassert his control of the situation, but there was still a tremble of fear in his voice. "As for the Coalition... I'm certain I can convince them to stay away with the right bargaining chips. Thankfully, they've seen fit to play them right into my hands..."He turned, advancing upon Hivemind. She'd taken the gust particularly badly, and was clutching at the makeshift bandages wrapped around her chest."I've collected my share of secrets over the years, of course, but as you've noted all the Coalition can easily silence me to prevent those from spreading. Thankfully, I also like to keep an eye on recent news. I couldn't help but notice your little incident with Danielle Thomas down in DC. Great job on that, incidentally; kidnapping a little girl, the Coalition truly has made a great and majestic comeback. However, I can't help but see they've made the blunder of sending one of the prime suspects in that kidnapping into my lair. Imagine the deal the League might back if they found out I'd managed to capture her?"Tornado laughed at the thought, then swung a kick at the wounded villainess. As Hivemind fell again, he turned back to Gap."But... no. She doesn't look like she's got particularly long in this world, does she? Besides, Mystery and Grand Cross know I can't bargain with the League for much; a reduced sentence maybe, but what's the point of that? No, if I wanted to keep the Coalition away, I'd need something better... something one of them might actually be bothered to care about that," he muttered. "But it's a shame I don't have anything, or perhaps anyone, like that. Especially not anyone like... say, Grand Cross's daughter, here right in front of me..."Hivemind, previously preoccupied with writhing on the floor in pain, glanced up."Wait... who?" she asked, confused, before glancing over to Gap. "Wait... wha... you? Uh... look, I'm sure I've said some things about the old G, but don't think I actually meant-"Tornado, looking deeply irritated, turned and hurled another massive gust of wind, sufficient to knock Hivemind into the air and sent her smashing clean through a nearby wine rack."You annoy me. Do the world a favor, and have the dignity to die quietly," he muttered, then returned his attention back to Gap. "Now... to deal with you..."---"X-Caliber was always thinkin' that maybe tha' brain was the key to stoppin' Frigid and tha' like," suggested Longshot. "Y'know, stop brain activity and the rest 'a the body'll stop functioning. Figured I'd give it a shot; honestly, just as shocked as you it worked.""If I had to guess, when Longshot fired her bow she lodged it directly into the base of Fa- the Fade of this universe's spinal cord," Fade muttered, looking for a word to describe the corpse in front of him besides himself. "The brain can't communicate, so the body dies. Might be permanent, but let's just not touch the body just in case it isn't."Fade rose from examining the body, then turned to Longshot as she climbed down the slope of rubble."You shouldn't have done that," he said. "He wasn't likely to get out of here, not with the lift gone. It's not our job to pass judgment, we're only here to see to it justice is carried out-""You, maybe. In yer universe, of course. But here, we need to survive," said Longshot. "I watched tha' man kill dozens of my allies, and if I left him alive he'd jus' manage to kill more, somehow. I'm nah' gonna let tha' stand."Fade stood silent, glaring at Longshot. However, he had more important things to do than debate with Longshot at the moment, so instead he turned towards Plasmafire."Come on, over here," he motioned, moving away from the rest of the group. "We've gotta talk about this new power I apparently have..."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire nodded, and, with a last glance to Otherfade's so-far lifeless body, floated to the ground and walked with Fade. "Alright, what happened to you, man?"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: SkyraSkyra could sense the breathing of the villains now, they were close, real close. Putting his katanas away, he stretched out both his hands toward his sphere of air, to help improve his mental focus, keeping this much air compacted together in a tight ball was straining to say the least. The sphere of air moved five feet in front of the group, Skyra was preparing to ram it at the first villain he saw.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (NPC - Coalition)Cosmarul made a sound in the depths of his throat; the closest description of it would have been a growl. "Why indeed," he said quietly, almost too low for Negafire to hear."The Coalition was clearly not aware of who they were dealing with," he continued, folding his arms and glaring off down the corridor. "I need to have a word with the Villains who captured Crystal Myers, as well as whoever decided that you would be fit to guard her.""Taking matters into your own hands, Cosmarul?" a voice asked from behind the two. They whirled around to find the hooded figure of Mr. Mystery standing there, impatiently tapping his staff on the floor. "I can't say that I'm surprised.""I'm merely trying to nullify a potential threat to the Coalition," Cosmarul said, perhaps a tad defensively.Mr. Mystery snorted. "You're trying to get back at someone who scared you out of your wits, and don't deny it. I'm afraid to say that your revenge will have to wait. I find myself in need of a homocidal lunatic, and Whiplash has still to respond to any Coalition summons we've sent. As you are one of the few people I know can make him listen, you're being dispatched immediately to find him."Cosmarul made a sound as if about to argue, but finally bowed his head. "As you command," he said quietly, spinning on his heel and heading off down the hallway."What, no magical dissappearing trick?" Mr. Mystery called tauntingly after him, but Cosmarul ignored him. The Coalition founder shook his head. "Arrogant," he added to no one in particular. He seemed to be oblivious of the fact that Negafire was standing right next to him...IC: (NPC - Impact)It was Impact who rounded the corner first, moving at such speed that he hardly realized that there were others in the hallway in front of him until he was moving towards them. Waving a hand toward them in a seemingly nonchalant manner, he sent a concussive wave through the air down the hallway. THWUMP ~Lord Rahl~

IC: At this point in time, Negafire was perfectly content to act like a deer caught in headlights and stand completely still, hoping that the extremely important man standing 2 feet away from him wouldn't notice him. Unfortunately, as has a tendancy to happen in these scenarios, something tickled Negafire's nose and he had to sneeze. A very loud sneeze. Made only louder by the fact that he was trying to make it quiet. "Aaaaaah... CHOOOO!!!" Negafire bit his lip and flinched, knowing he had no chance of maintaining a low profile now. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Mystery, I know I screwed up big time, but if I'd known how dangerous she was I'd ever have made the same mistake!"

IC:"Honestly, I'm still trying to work that out. Lot of unknown variables here, actually," said Fade. "But what I have got is a theory. Thankfully, it's a pretty good theory..."Alright, first things first, there's something you ought to know about me. The reason I know so much about the Supercharger, how Frigid found out about in the first place... is because I was one of the first people it ever worked on. It's a long story that I don't want to talk about now - or possibly ever, no offense - but let's just say once upon a time there was scared child running from some bad men, who tried to hide inside one of his fathers machines without know it had been keyed to his family's genetic signature. Fast forward roughly a decade, and here we are.“Point is, the machine had to alter my body, my basic genetic code, to give me my powers. If there's any truth to the Twister's old research, I shouldn't even have been to get superpowers, but the Supercharger altered my DNA so I could. Anyway, my powers are more artificial than most, more temperamental. This isn't the first time my powers have gone screwy on me; I drained them once fighting Frigid – the real Frigid, mind you – and it took a while before I was able to get them back.“But here's the thing... they might also be a bit more malleable. When my powers stopped working this time, it was right after I got hit by a surge from The Technician's machine while I was trying to phase. Best as I can guess, all that energy must have overloaded by abilities until it burnt out, and I couldn't use them until the particles died down a bit. But I was being hit with an energy discharge from a hole in the fabric of the universe... there had to be all sorts of exotic particles, ones that couldn't have existed otherwise... ones science hasn't even discovered yet... it must have shifted the way my powers work... …anyway, long story short, I can jump dimensions now.”---Mystic had sensed Impact's approach, and when he rounded the corner she was at least a little prepared for his attack. She raised her hands, and a barrier of psychic energy appeared in front of the group, wisps of glowing white energy surrounding the shield. The barrier absorbed most of the force from the concussive burst, although Mystic still staggered slightly as it struck. She held off on a return attack; she was waiting until Skyra launched the attack he'd prepared before moving into the fray...[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire was quiet for a moment, trying to pick out the thread that seemed most important. He inevitably found it. "You... can jump dimensions? Can you get us home, you think? Or maybe even get these guys some help? I'd hate to just up and leave them, but I'll do whatever you do. Honestly, you've got a better grasp on this than me... I've never even heard of a super who could dimension jump before..."

IC: SkyraAs soon as Mystic had finished blocking the concussive burst, Skyra launched the sphere, it went straight for Impact's chest. Skyra was pretty sure that when it hit him it would knock the wind out of him. Of course, if it did worse too him, oh well.

Edited by Snelly

IC:"I've gotta be honest, neither have I. Really, I can't even say I gave the concept of crossing dimensions much thought until... well, it happened," said Fade. "But yeah, I can probably get us back home. As for helping these guys out... god, I don't even know. I can't bring anyone from our universe over to help, they'll be slaughtered. That's not blood I want on my hands. I just don't think there's anything I can do-"He quickly fell silent as Bolt approached. The others who'd been fighting above had joined them down in the lab, and appeared to be gathered where Plasmafire had last left X-Calibur and Stella."You... you'd probably better come,' Bolt said quietly. "It... it doesn't look good..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC:(Surge): "Okay then. Quick is my middle name. Well, actually, in an incredibly strange coincidence, it's Elliot, but you know what I mean. Get ready, I'm going to grab you and takeoff." Surge had said this quietly, to preserve his cover. Still invisible, he backed up to get a run ing start. He burst into his solid light form just before he reached Magneta, and made a point to make sure that no part of her body got hit by the window. Adopting the same technique he used before, they soon arrived in an alley extremely close to the charred house. Surge set Magneta down and resumed his human form.

IC: Gadgeteer's armour wasn't literally made of gold or bronze, it had just been coloured that way. Viktor had done it so as to give his solo hero alias a more distinctive image than a dull silver colour might have, but if it was going to trick fools like this one into thinking it was weaker than it was then that was a bonus."Return yourself to the Police," he ordered, not moving from the spot. "If you attempt to escape or resist, I will use force."IC: Drat. Tornado knew who she was, and he knew how important she would be as a captive. But something about Tornado's declaration made Gap more eager to succeed. He had identified her as Grand Cross' daughter, and so she wanted to prove herself as such. She was hurt from the recent attacks, and still too mentally taxed to form any wormholes, but not helpless. She still had a vast knowledge of superpowers and their uses stored in her head, and it was this store that she rifled through now, forming a plan at the speed of thought.Meteorokinesis. He has the ability to summon wind, rain, snow and lightning, and combine them in various ways. An incredibly effective tactic here would be to flood the cellar with rain and then zap the two of us with a lightning bolt, but using me as a bargaining chip is his only way of keeping the Coalition at bay so he's going to be careful not to kill me. Lightning is too deadly. His alias is Tornado and he's used only wind-based attacks thus far, so perhaps he has a preference for it. What are the main uses of wind control? Pushing things about. If I can evade its effects for long enough will he switch to something else? I can't see snow being of much use, as it would take a long time to build up any formidable obstacle like a snowdrift. That leaves rain, which he might use to make me slip or their combined form, hail. That's going to be painful. But their presence can be of use... if I can just stay conscious for that long."My sincerest condolences," Gap said to Tornado, keeping as confident and defiant a demeanour as she could. "As you've just made the biggest mistake of your life." She hurled a wine bottle at the villain then sprinted towards the right. The cellar was lit only by the jumbled collection of computer monitors, and so it was into a patch of darkness that she ran.IC(NPC): Dirge rounded the corner with the others. As it tended to be with villains, he didn't really make a habit of trying to defend his teammates. So as the sphere of air (he was aerokinetic, so it was a familiar enough technique that he could identify it at a glance) rocketed towards Impact, rather than using his powers to try and dissipate the sphere he simply sent one back. It wasn't as strong as Skyra's as he hadn't taken the time to 'charge it up', but it was still compacted enough to pack a punch...

Edited by Kumata

NPC: The scene of the crime when Magneta and Surge arrived on it was, to put it mildly, not pretty. The walls were still standing, but the roof of the house seemed to have collapsed during the fire, and there was no telling how bad the damage inside was. The police appeared to have cordoned off the area, but news teams were already at the edges, snapping photos, filming the wreckage and trying in vain to get an answer out of the men manning the yellow tape. As they adjusted to the sights, the sounds came closer. The police appeared to be insisting that they did not know the cause of the fire, as were the firemen nearby, and that investigations into the matter were proceeding.NPC: Ultionis heard them coming. They weren't exactly going for stealth here. Mystic threw up a barrier of some sort - they must have come around the corner already - and Skyra launched his compressed ball of air. He waited only a moment for the impact, during which he took a deep, cleansing breath. It was a technique he often used at the start of a fight to keep himself steady under fire. Calm heads make good decisions; fear, anger or the heat of battle would not cloud his judgement here. Then he turned so that his head and arm went around the cover he was in, spotted the two villains (the third clearly had yet to step around) and saw one of them launching what looked like a ripple in the air. That could be the aerokinetic or the shockwave inducer, but either way he was now distracted for just a moment. That one moment was enough. He took quick but practised aim at the chest and shot three tranquilizer darts before ducking back into cover. (H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC [NYC/Steven]"See, there's the thing about superheroes; never actually get the full picture. You see a man running from the police and you assume the worst." Steven tossed his hands up into the air while the out of shape cops almost were upon them. "But, I didn't come to the big city to have the universe use me as it's punching bag, so if you'll excuse me."Living on the streets of Lima had given Steven plenty of time to understand evading police in big cities. All cities like this were the same; thousands upon tens of thousands, crammed into a tiny area, with equally numerous backways and alleys. He may not of known the specifics but unless this super powered man could run fast, he could escape easily. He activated his illusion, the air around him distorting as he assumed another, generic form, and ran into the street. New York traffic was terrible, and while he had the small frame and the agility to weave through it and jump from car to car -while it wasn't as easy as movies made it out to be, going at the correct speed and timing it correctly was all that was needed-, the larger heavily armored man would have no such luck, lacking the agility and weight needed for street darting. That was, assuming of course, he just didn't shoot Steven or something.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Surge): Surge stared at the blackened husk that used to be the home of the man who was now comatose in a hospital. He hated it. It always reminded him of how the remains of the power plant looked. He figured that he should probably get over it, just look away and put back on the mask of frivolity that he hid behind. But he continued to look directly at it. He needed to burn images like this onto his mind, to remind him of the reason he had this power, the reason he was who he was and did what he did.So that as far as it was concerned with him, no innocent person would have to suffer on account of him not being there. Or his other self being there.Without turning, he spoke. "Let's get this done. Quickly." He gave no reason, but his voice conveyed that it was making him uncomfortable.OOC: I'm a sucker for dramatic guilt. It's in my blood actually. My parents were in a drama troupe.

Edited by King Joe

IC:A gust of wind whipped about with a sweep of Tornado's palm, spinning the wine bottle out of his way and sending it smashing against a nearby monitor."Worst mistake of my life? Oh, I'm scared now, girl," said Tornado, letting the winds carry his voice across the entire cellar. "Why, I'm practically shaking in my boots, what with all the running away you're presently doing..."Tornado stormed off after Gap into the darkness. It was unlikely he'd be able to see Gap amidst both the darkness and what was practically a labyrinth of wine racks, but he was also confident in the fact she wouldn't be able to see him. With a few waves of his arm, more intense bursts of air rattled through the cellar. Bottles were blown off shelves, smashing against each other and throwing shards of glass in every direction. A few wine racks were lifted up into the air by the winds, only to come crashing back down with deafening sound. Tornado's eyes cautiously scanned the cellar for any sign of movement, waiting to see if his efforts had succeeded in flushing Gap out.---Mystic focused her attention into Dirge's mind, lashing out at him with thoughts of pain, thoughts strong enough to almost feel real. If it wasn't enough to force him down, it might at least keep him distracted while Ultionis was firing at him.Dread, meanwhile, had chosen to stick closer to the back and let his teammates take the brunt of the initial attack. Now that the heroes were engaging them in combat, Dread slipped into the fray, firing a few fear bolts down the corridor. It wasn't particularly wide, so Dread was counting on them not having much room to dodge...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: clunk-hsshGadgeteer soared over the busy road in one vast leap, landing forcefully upon the other side and startling some civilians. Stephen was about three-quarters of the way across at this point, so he had time to change direction, but it was clear that simply traveling to the opposite side wouldn't work.IC: Another wine bottle came spinning at Tornado from the darkness, then shortly after it was followed by another, emanating from a slightly different point, then another, from a different point still. Gap's supersuit was shaded navy blue and black, so she was practically invisible amongst the shadows.IC(NPC): The same insulation that made his supersuit fire- and shock-proof was thick enough to prevent the tranquiliser darts from actually piercing Dirge's skin. He would have grinned at the failed attack only a sudden sensation of pain filled his mind. It was an odd sensation; his mind was telling him that was hurting, just not where. It was some kind of generic, all-around aching. He flinched and then staggered to a stop, thinking that he had run into some sort of electrocution trap. Winds began to whirl around him defensively, as he tried to figure out the situation...

IC: SkyraSkyra saw the other aerokinetic launching a sphere of air at him, though it was so hastily made that Skyra had no problem rendering it useless, he seemly made it dissipate inches in front of him. A sudden, rather unnatural fear hit Skyra briefly, this must be from that one guy with the fear ability... Instead of seeing some impossible image, he began to feel doubt in himself and is ability to be League. I can't pull this off....he began to feel, almost letting go of his control of the sphere.NO! I WILL DO THIS. The fear in his heart of overruled by his determination suddenly, he wasn't sure if Mystic was helping him overcome the fear or not, he'd ask her later. Gaining back full control of his sphere, and not bothering to check on what happened to Impact, (OOC: Assuming it hit him or something, I'll let Lord Rahl decide that.), he changed the direction of the sphere to the one with the Horns on his helmet, the one he assumed controlled fear. Seeing as Dirge was too busy with whatever Mystic was doing to him. The sphere was now flying toward Dread at breakneck speed. And even if he dodged it, it wouldn't matter, Skyra was gonna set this baby off. No one messes with my confidence and gets away with it.

Edited by Snelly

IC:Kaname walked up to Longshot after Fade and Plasmafire went to talk, turning off his little *Demonic-Looking Black Lightning form* when he got close enough to her, "Now before you go and kill me for getting closer to you, I would like to say that I agree with you." he held up his card, "If i'd had known that little fact, I could have done it myself and saved you the trouble."he looked at fade and Plasmafire, "And since fade has those weird powers, I can't say that they will try to leave me here or in some other dimension. My fault kinda sorta really since I acted like some kind of Third rate punk. Also...I'd rather not die here, I got stuff and people to look for so I would be really mad if they left me here." right now he was rambling, and he did expect some sort of comment from Longshot since he's been getting all kinds of comments lately.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC:Tornado's arms spun in a blur, winds slicing apart the bottles as they came. He was silent for a moment, turning slowly as he looked for any sign of Gap. Unable to detect her movements, Tornado instead opted for another strategy, extending a palm and letting a light breeze flow between the lines of wine racks. At first this seemed like an ususual tactic, but as the winds slipped in between the shelves, almost like a hand moving across their surfaces, it became clear what he was doing. If he couldn't see Gap, he could still sense her out with wind currents.---Mystic had, in fact, attempted to stablize Skyra's mind slightly, half motivated by an attempt to maintain team stability, half by the fact she didn't know whether Dread's fear-powers could spread across a psychic link. Even still, there was only so much she could do to help him while she was still focused on Dirge's mind. She'd succeeded in influencing his mind, but there was potential for him to cause even more harm at the moment. Mystic sent a sharp stabbing pain into Dirge's mind, hoping it would have more of a crippling effect.Dread, meanwhile, saw the orb coming. Things like this, they were exactly why he liked to stay on the sidelines in a fight. Knowing he couldn't dodge this, Dread launched more intense fear-bolts Skyra's way to try and force him to lose control of his powers. Even if he had overcome the initial effects, his mind was still excitable at the moment, increasing the chance further fear-beams would take hold in his subconsious...---Longshot, who had been making her way over to the rest of the group, shot Kaname a glance. She was fairly certain in her ability to be right in most situations, and wasn't exactly in desperate need to have her opinions validated... especially by someone who she particularly disliked."Yer not workin' up to a point wit' all this, are ya?" she asked, suspciously.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: SkyraThe sphere of air stopped right in front of Dread. Skyra was overwhelmed by sudden fear, he was rapidly losing control of the sphere too however, and suddenly what he was afraid of most was not being able to contain the explosion of air that would soon follow."OH, SNAP! EVERYBODY DOWN!" Skyra yelled, trying to push himself and the others back into the room behind him, mostly out of overwhelming fear.The sphere exploded in powerful blast of air in all directions. Despite the fact that he was much father away from it, Skyra was sent flying back into the room with his comrades. Skyra hit the floor hard, smacking his head upon it.

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Is anyone else picturing a t-shaped hallway with rooms along the wall on the upper edge of the T?IC(Mr. No-One): Edging out of his cover just slightly to get a better fix on the enemies, the CIA agent had planned to let off two shots at the attacking supers, hopefully crippling one of them. What ended up happening, instead, was that he leaned out of the room just as Skyra said something along the lines of 'Things are going badly, oh, heads up, there's an explosion', and ended up catching the pressure wave from the air-ball in the face, doing a less-than-neat backflip into the room he'd been using as cover and catching a bit of carpet with his teeth.Pulling himself back up, he edged back to the door, checking on the scene in the hallway and hoping he hadn't blown his cover.OOC: Bad timing is a wonderful thing. Also, Alex, are you sure your character's the universe's punching bag? Maybe he and Mr. No-One should compare notes sometime. :P

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: At the call Ultionis instinctively ducked down, pressed himself against the wall and angled himself so the wind would slide across his back. Granted he was behind cover, but he'd been in far too many explosions to think that would save him entirely. The wind rushed by and spread outward, and if not for Skyra's warning he would've been tossed back like a rag doll at this intensity. As it was, between the preparation and the cover, he was able to remain steady while most fell over... several feet away from where they had been.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:Mystic heard the warning call, but since she was busy trying to influence two minds at once she was unable to redirect her focus towards her own safety in time. Mystic could feel herself be launched off her feet, felt the wall of the corridor slam against her as she struck it, then plunged down to land roughly on the floor nearby. She'd lost her focus; she was no longer affecting Dirge's mind, and she no longer had the aid of everyone else's eyesight. Mystic scrambled to grab hold of something, get a grasp on her environment, all while she tried to reassert her psychic field. She lashed out with telekinetic force where she estimated the villains to be, trying to buy herself a little time to recover...---Longshot merely scowled and walked away. Clearly, she wasn't flattered by the comparisons between herself and Kaname.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: SkyraSkyra sat up from the floor, slowly and painfully, the back of his head was throbbing. Wincing, he put his hand on the back of his head, only to take it off from the pain it caused, his hand felt sticky now, he looked at it, it was covered in blood, his blood. "Not good..." Skyra was actually rather squeamish when it came to blood, more his blood than anyone else's blood, usually he was pretty good at shrugging it off, but he was still being affected by the fear attack. He began to feel rather sick, he wasn't sure if that was because he knew the back of his head was all bloody or just cause it was. He tried to stand up, but fell back down. Feeling incredibly light-headed, his vision began to blur, the increased amount of fear caused him to worry about his and everyone else's safety. "You guys...alright..." He said, wincing as the pain sharpened. "Cause...I don't think I am..."

Edited by Snelly

IC:Skyra's voice was like a godsend to Mystic. It gave her something she could pinpoint, something her mind could lock onto. She looked through his eyesight to get a better view, only to see his vision starting to blur. Mystic started to pour her focus into Skyra's mind, trying to keep him from losing consiousness."Skyra? Are you alright?" she asked, throwing a psychic shield up in front of herself to protect the two. "Where are you hurt?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Skyra"It's...my head." He turned his head to face Mystic. "The back of my head to be more accurate..it's bleeding pretty bad, and I may have a concussion."Skyra began to feel not quite as fearful with Mystic re-linked. "Well, that unnatural fear is going away at least..."

IC:"Well, I can help make sure you remain conscious. I'm afraid I can't do much more than that; I'm not much a medic,” said Mystic. “You should probably find something to stop the bleeding. I know that much.”Mystic considered trying to keep Skyra's blood inside him using telekinesis, but quickly decided against it. It would be too tricky to perform under fire, and even in the best of circumstances Mystic didn't think she could do it without the risk of flattening Skyra's skull. Best she could do was try to keep him safe until he could get proper help.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Skyra"Ya...okay." Skyra pushed himself up against the wall next to them so he could sit up straight. "Do they keep bandages down here? Cause that would certainly-" Skyra winced as the pain became more intense for a moment.

IC:"Well... there is a medical center down here," suggested Mystic, "but we can't get through it without going through... well, them."Dread, who had been thrown back by the uncontrolled explosion of Skyra's air orb, had just gotten back to his feet and was again advancing on the group. He fired a fear beam, which Mystic reflected off her psychic shield. For a few brief seconds, Mystic felt some of the effects of Dread's fear beam reverberating off her mental barricade into her own mind. Images flashed in her mind - maggots... darkness... closed spaces... - before vanishing nearly as quickly. Shaken, Mystic stumbled back and let her shield drop. Sensing an opportunity, Dread stepped forwards towards them, charging another fear beam in his hands...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Ultionis was ready. Having taken the explosion better than the rest, he had already sighted down on his target: A gap in Dread's armor under the arm, required for maneuverability and very difficult to hit, as the arm was usually in the way. But just there, as his hand raised with the charged bolt- He took immediate aim and fired two darts into the breach before retreating back behind cover. Down to nine darts. He'd have to be more careful now.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:Dread, having seen the two agents popping in and out of cover, had been expecting one of them to try and take a shot at him. As Ultionis appeared and fired his tranq gun, he swung about to launch his charged fear-beam in the agent's direction, in the process unintentionally moving the weak spot on his armor out of the gun's trajectory. Mystic saw fit to take advantage of his momentary distraction, slamming Dread with telekinetic force and launching him backwards at the other two villains.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Just as he was moving back to cover, the beam of green energy snaked around the wall and tagged Ultionis on the shoulder. At first nothing seemed to happen, but then he heard it. Skittering. Not like spiders or ants - something with a harder shell. Something that he still had nightmares about.Two years ago, on a mission in Egypt, Ultionis had been stung by a scorpion in his boot. He had been in the desert for days, far from civilization, and lacked medical supplies or a means of removing the poison. Through the rest of the four-day trek to Cairo he felt progressively worse. Every day when he laid his head down to rest, he was afraid he wouldn't wake up. Afraid he wouldn't finish his mission. But somehow, more than any of that, afraid that after countless soldiers, terrorists, superhumans and combinations of the above had failed to kill him, a bug crawling around in the sand would be the death of him. It was almost too much to take.That was what he heard now. The noise he'd never heard in real life, but dreamt of at night: Tiny, hard-shelled legs on a metal floor. Dozens. Hundreds. Thousands. It's not real, his mind insisted. You saw the beam hit you. You're being played. He forced himself to glance past the cover and try to spot another weakness on Dread's armor. As he did, he caught sight of them - a swarm of black, shiny- Nothing. There's nothing there. He retreated back around, focused instead on the back of Dread's knee the moment he would turn, but he still heard the skittering- There are no bugs there. He took another breath, waited a moment and turned outward, aiming expertly at the joint covered only by thin, soft leather.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC(Mr. No-One): Evidently, he had not been spotted when the air-bomb went off, the spook once again leaned out from cover, taking a shot at the left knee of the first active intruder he saw - nice armor, goofy helmet, must be the fear guy, he thought. The agent kept his mouth shut tight, though a small trickle of blood still managed to leak through from the teeth he had lost in his landing after the explosion, and the force of the pressure wave appeared to have torn loose the stitches in his shoulder, staining the sling bright red.OOC: Is that armor Dread's wearing as good as kevlar, or is it more along the lines of the armor medieval knights would wear?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius perked up when he heard the fighting outside the interrogation room. Fussing with the handcuffs had been futile; he was a medical prodigy, and the field of mechanics he left entirely in Loadstone's hands. He rushed over to the door, and swore loudly when he found it locked. "Heeeey!" he yelled, banging on the door and slamming into it with his shoulder. "I'm in here!"Meanwhile, Impact let out a miniature wave from his hand, enough to deflect the incoming sphere of air. He had just been preparing to launch another at the Heroes when the ball of air swerved toward Dread and exploded, sending him flying into the wall and crashing to the floor. Groaning what sounded like a curse, he struggled to his feet, vision clearing enough to allow him to step forward - and promptly was knocked backwards as Dread crashed into him, slammed back by a telekinetic wave."Get off me!" Impact yelled roughly, shoving Dread back into the fight. Bringing himself to his feet, he slapped his hand against the wall of the corridor. Upon contact, the wall rippled outwards, a tremor shaking the entire structure as a concussive wave rolled through the wall. That wall just happened to contain the doorway in which Ultionis was hiding...IC: (NPC - Mr. Mystery)Mr. Mystery cocked his head as he listened to Negafire ramble on, then laughed. "If you're this timid around everyone, it's a wonder that you made it into the Coalition," he said. "People in this line of work need a backbone. There's nothing for you to apologize about; if anyone should be reprimanded, it's Cosmarul. He seems to know quite a bit about Miss Myers and her powers that he hasn't seen fit to share with the rest of us."He paused a moment, then added, "I do plan to have a word with the Doctor, however. If he'd actually done his job properly, you would have either been perfectly fit for guard duty or laid up in a bed somewhere..."~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

IC: Plasmafire nodded grimly and walked towards the huddled group, dreading what he'd see when he got there...IC: Magneta nodded and walked towards the officer who looked in charge. Activating her powers, she recalled her supersuit and pulled out her League card. "Magneta, League hero. We're following up a lead for an investigation, mind if we have a look around?"IC: Negafire breathed a sigh of relief and stood a little straighter. "Actually sir, I'm not that timid. It's just not every day you're in a position where a prisoner you're guarding has escaped and you're standing right next to one of the guys who founded the Coalition. And could probably kill me without breaking a sweat, I might add." Negafire shugged and looked at the empty cell. "She'd better hope she doesn't run into me again. I hate being made a fool."

IC: Gap continued darting about, grabbing wine bottles and hurling them at increasingly random angles. She was hoping to frustrate Tornado enough for him to utilise a different power, but she didn't realise the significance of the slight breeze curling around her legs.IC(NPC): After being racked with the generic, all-around pain Dirge more or less lost track of the battle. First he got hit by a sharp mental sting, then there was a concussive wave of air that, at least, his own defensive winds negated slightly. Then just as he was reasserting himself a loose blast of telekinetic force sent him crashing into a wall. The villain sat up as the noise of the battle raged around him. His aquamarine-checkered supersuit was now spotted with crimson; he put a hand to his nose and felt blood leaking from it.He snarled. He drew a deep breath, yelling "Plug 'em!" Then, arm extended, he let loose an ear-ravaging sonic boom.During their ride here in KILL, he'd informed his teammates that 'plug 'em' was a code phrase he would use to tell them to cover their ears. This was a trick Dirge often liked to play when fighting heroes who didn't know him: use one power and they'll assume that's all you have. Leaving them unprepared for the second half of his abilities...