To Save The World!

OOC: Next up is the knight of the wind, Skyra!

Skyra.png

IC: As Gap moved over to Hivemind's side, she glanced about, looking for any signs that an attack was imminent. Outside the sky was still black with stormclouds, but there seemed to be no threat of gale-force winds or lightning bolts just yet. She watched Hivemind fiddling with the circuitry of the camera."What exactly are you doing..?"

OOC: Well, you mentioned he doesn't actually seem to know where she is.NPC: Ultionis raised an eyebrow - not that you could really tell with the mask. "You know," he said, standing up from his chair and walking slowly around the table, "I bet myself ten bucks you'd say that. And speaking of talking..." Without warning, he grabbed Aquarius by the collar, hoisted him up with both hands, brought his face up to just an inch away and yelled. "Answer the question!"It was a trick he'd learned working with a psychic and an eco-terrorist in Peru (don't ask). He was already so busy trying to concentrate on his mental defenses that something like this - a sudden shift in gears, from conversational to aggressive, and a demand to answer the questions being asked - would hopefully cause him to think of the answers out of sheer surprise. The good news was that it had a great success rate, if you happened to have a psychic already in the victim's head. The bad news? Whether or not it worked, he'd be wise to this trick next time, making this a one-time thing.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: I thought Skyra was a girl this whole time.... well, I did barely-skim every Skyra IC X_xAnd never fear Aquarius, your salvation is near! Sort of...IC: "Why on Earth do we need these? There's nothing to even attach them with!" a Superbeing groaned, gazing into the open crate that had to be hauled to this location."Unless you wish my offensive capability to be limited to ramming in a confined space, these will give me... options" came the reply, not from another Super but the black car in their midst. The crate's contents were a pair of machine gun components, and a oversized mounted gattling gun that looked like it belonged on a fighter jet. The allied Coalition members present were wary of their apparent partner... talking cars weren't exactly common, and nobody seemed to have much experiance with 'him' before."Kinda figured you'd have your own.... yaknow... weapons... unless all you've done is hide bodies in the trunk"KILL's engine revved aggressively, enough to send the closer to him on edge. "That is not how my technology functions... simple witness it for yourself" the artifical voice retorted, the cars frame starting to warp as a solid mass began to slither away and onto the weapons, swarming all over the technology in a very visually disturbing manner. After a few moments, the mass retracted back into KILL's bodywork and dissappeared, leaving no trace of the weaponary behind in the now empty crate."The attack is a simple one: smash in, retrieve Aquarius, and get back out. Unless they have a very sizable lift to the lower levels, I will remain above until forced to retreat. Do not waste time, for if any of you are additionally captured, the Coalition will not see you as the asset that Aquarius is deemed to be" KILL outlined sternly, not one to take this task lightly. The shadowed alley they were in was mere minutes from Mentor's HQ, but Aquarius was surely being interrogated and the longer they wasted here, the closer the League got to discovering Coalition intel."The weapons are intergrated.... are we ready?"OOC: Kumata's idea to bust Aquarius out! Who better to break into Mentor Mansion than a talking car full of Coaltion goons? ...... you're a prisoner you have no right to complain about who saves you! :PSaid Coaltion goons can be new NPC's, old NPC's or PC's, just remember I know very little about the CoC's members XD

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC(NPC): "I don't know... breaking into the League HQ? Does that not strike anyone else as an incredibly stupid plan?" Stammered a man in a fluorescent orange supersuit as he clambered into the homicidal car."Shut up, Meltdown," snapped a man in an aquamarine supersuit. "The building itself isn't anything special. It's just a mansion. Professor Pyro and Typhoon broke out easily enough a few months back." (OOC: As seen here!)"But, Dirge, what about all the heroes?""We hit 'em fast and we hit 'em hard," said Dirge sternly. "With any luck this mission will only last a few minutes..."

OOC: If no one minds, I'll add a few of my Coalition NPCs to fill out the ranks in the mansion attack.IC:"I am always ready."A man marched forwards out of the shadows. He was clad in heady metallic armor, colored a deep black swirled with hints of a sickly green. His face was concealed behind a menacing looking helmet, covered in spikes with a pair of deadly-looking horns extending from the sides, but a heartless, piercing glare gazed out of the eye sockets. Dread marched towards the car, seemingly unconcerned by the fact he was getting into a sentient automobile. He saw stranger things on a daily basis; in fact, he was usually the one creating them.A woman followed after, only giving a quick, nervous nod as her response to whether she was ready. Her hair was an unnatural shade of green, and she was clad in a sky blue robes and a pair of sandals. Clenched tightly in her grip, as if she was afraid of losing it, was an ornately carved longstaff, the occasional crackle of energy flashing along it as she clung to it. Archmage hurried towards the car, only glancing at it quickly and keeping her opinions on riding in a talking car to herself. She quietly took her seat in the back of the car, doing her best not to accidentally smack one of her teammates in the head with her staff.---Otherfade jumped and dodged as more fireballs started to rain down. They couldn't kill him, of course, but he couldn't do anything to hurt Plasmafire at this range either. So he ducked in between Kaname and Fade as he ran, trying to get either of them struck down by a stray fireball as he ran past.---Oh, so Mystery's still in the game, then? Good to know, thank you. Now, where was I...Mystic returned to pounding Aquarius's mind with questions. She could tell he was starting to crack, and hopefully it would only be a little more time before he slipped up and revealed something. Mystic could almost feel that memory in her grasp, she just needed to keep it up a little longer...---"Hang on... just one more moment... GOT IT!" Hivemind said, switching about a few wires.She held up what remained of the hidden camera. The glass eyeball lit up briefly as the wires inside sparked before going dark, only to flash once more about twenty seconds later."Just a trick I picked up. This stuff's wireless, so it has to pick up a signal from the source. I just fiddled with the wires a bit so it lights up when it recieves the signal. The closer we get to Tornado, the faster this thing will blink. Ignoring the fact he'll be trying to murder us the entire time, we've got a way to get directly to him."[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Been a while since I did this. Openly, at least...IC: Omega was having a rare moment of peace. He didn't have work today, no outstanding homework, no tests coming up, no varsity practice, no superhero stuff- Seemed like he hadn't had a moment like this in forever. Why exactly he chose to spend it reading comics in Mentor's mansion wasn't entirely clear to him (well, the location anyway - he was behind on his Justice League comics) but there he was. Maybe it was the company of other heroes in a non-combative atmosphere, a rarity in and of itself that could only be found in places like this. Or maybe it had to do with the stink that had gathered up in his apartment. He should really have cleaned that up last month... Regardless, here he was, enjoying the atmosphere and wondering idly if Stormlord had any intention of going back to Florida this week. He'd last seen the man raiding the kitchens for anything that didn't look too healthy. Ah, well. At least he was good company.|H-D|IC: By actual coincidence (as opposed to the 'coincidences' often encountered in day-to-day superhero life) Shard was in the mansion too, hitting the showers after that embarrassing encounter with the Beastman. Apparently he'd broken free during transport to the League penitentiary after his battle with Omega and Stormlord and promptly tried to kill his partner, Fury. Apparently he'd only been working with her because of some control chip or something. Shame she'd gotten away, but at least they still had Beastie. Now if only it hadn't taken him so long to take down what was essentially an angry sasquatch. And if only he hadn't been left with stains from oil, drool and radioactive grape soda (don't ask) all over nis nice, shiny diamond form, causing him to have to borrow the League's decontamination showers. Sigh.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Love the drawing of Skyra, Kumata! You got it down perfectly. :DIC: DreamcatcherCrystal wondered what he meant by dead-end job. Something related to him she supposed. "Well, I know what that feels like. I'm quite literally in a Collation prison right now, in the real world. Being here is my only escape really. Though the one guarding me is pretty nice, for a super villain...."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Well, it's about time. :P I was actually supposed to tack on two of my own NPCs for this, but since CoKK pounced on it I'll just toss in one. (Aquarius can be my second charrie in the area.)IC: (Aquarius)"I...I don't know where she is!" Aquarius said frantically, an image of Grand Cross lecturing the group over what their assignment was welling up in his mind. "They never told me! I'm a scientist, a doctor, those things have nothing to do with me!" I can't tell you where our headquarters is. They'll kill me!OOC: That's as far as I'll go with that; prepare to be assaulted. :evilgrin:IC: (NPC - Impact)"The League Headquarters are no different than the League Court of Great Britain, which the Coalition destroyed singlehandedly," a fifth man said, folding his arms with a contemptuous look at the car. By his demeanor, he was most likely the highest-ranking human present, and being forced to take orders from a talking car had put him in a foul mood. He was handsome, with gray eyes and blue highlights in his brown hair. His suit was equal parts green and blue, the two colors seeming to have collided violently across his chest, and his mask was a mixture of the two colors combined. "If we're ready to go, then let's move," Impact added, in the closest attempt to sounding like he was in charge that he dared. As much as he might despise KILL at the moment, he was about to ride in him, and there was no point in needlessly angering your vehicle...IC: (NPC - Ethereal)Ethereal looked perplexed. "Coalition? Coalition...I know I've heard that name before," he muttered, biting his lower lip. "Oh yeah, the Coalition of Corruption! That one Hero told me about them a while back. Some group of megalomaniacs or something, right?"~Lord Rahl~

NPC: There was psychology at work here, if you knew what to look for: No matter what happened next, or how, or why, Ultionis had seen Aquarius scared. Not just tense and cautious; outright terrified. Nothing would change that, and they both knew it. He drew his right pistol and jabbed it into Aquarius' solar plexus, pressing his advantage. "Let me make one thing clear, meat: I know you know more than you're telling us. If I don't find out what very soon, I might just remember I have license to kill you anyway."(H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Dreamcatcher"That pretty much sums them up." Crystal said. "So, this place can't be all dark, gloomy, and dungeons right? Isn't there a meadow with a beautiful blue sky around here? I could really use a change of scenery."

OOC: Ah, i has misread it.IC:Kaname avoided the attack from Otherfade easily because he was just swinging. Landing on the ground he heard Fade's comment and said, "Oops, sorry about that." he then watched Plasmafire attack Otherfade a couple times, then with the firestorm of Fire balls. Otherfade went between him and Fade, so when he saw the fire balls he comically dodged them muttering 'ouch...hot hot!' things like that. "geez..."he moved towards Otherfade and suddenly bursted into his Black Lightning form. Now being a being of Lightning, pretty much any physical attack Otherfade would make on him would possibly electrocute him (i think thats right..). "return.." his sword vanished and Kaname took a stance, "Black Lightning." he held his fist back and punched, at first nothing happened, but then a Black Lightning bolt (complete with close to ear shattering thunder, but not that loud) and it shot not for Otherfade, but in front of him.the Bolt was placed far enough in front of Otherfade that the Shockwave could send him back in shock, possibly making him fly towards Fade.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: "I thought your expertise was more by way of biology, not electronics," commented Gap. Still, she wasn't complaining. After glancing once more at the blackened sky outside, she gestured towards the hall ahead of them. "Lead the way."IC: "Oh, I just thought. I should call ahead and let the League know about you; that might make the whole process a bit faster." Sluice touched her left earpad, then pressed it gently. Her ears buzzed with faint radio static. "Um... this is Sluice. I would like to get in touch with someone in the League Court of Great Britain."After a pause there came a reply. "Hello Sluice! You're speaking to Florarmour. What can I do for you?""Um, well, I've an alien with me who crash-landed on Earth about a year ago. He's been living on the streets of Cardiff, but I thought that, well, he deserved a proper place to live, and maybe some official standing in our legal system. He's not dangerous or anything, and actually helped me take on a couple of villains. I know it sounds strange...""Hah, no, not really. We do have protocols for integrating people into society, though it's usually mutants or people who've been memory-wiped, not aliens. Still, bring him down to the League Court and we should be able to sort him out.""Thanks, we're on our way." Sluice lowered her hand and the earpiece fell silent."ETA three minutes," mentioned Esp idly...

IC:The shock hit Otherfade and knocked him over a table, scattering a few half-built rayguns across the floor. He rolled once and shot to his feet, seemingly unaffected by the lightning. Otherfade turned to Fade, slashing at him with his wristblades."Lightning? The man's trying to kill me with lightning? Can you believe this guy?" he asked. "I mean, how many half-rate villains have tried that over the years? I mean, there was Zap, Spark, and a whole bunch of others I can't even remember. But of course, lightning is just a quick shock, maybe a few burns. None of that I can't handle these days.""Lucky you," Fade muttered, responding with a wristblade of his own. It cut a deep gash across Otherfade's face, albeit one that healed and vanished mere moments later.---Mystic tried to pull herself deeper into Aquarius's memory. She could see them discussing their plans with Grand Cross; which, if nothing else, confirmed the team in DC had been working on his orders. But they were only talking about planning, how they were going to kidnap Danielle. Absolutely nothing about where Danielle was being taken afterwards. Mystic tried winding the memories back, maybe she could see Aquarius arriving, get some clue to this headquarter's location.But while the combined efforts of her and Ultionus had startled Aquarius enough to make his mind more accessible, it was also more... jumbled. It was already slipping away, no matter how hard Mystic tried. She desperately spiraled his memory backwards, but... no... it was already gone. Mystic lashed out into Aquarius's mind, trying in desperation to get the memory back. She was not about to lose control of the situation now.---"Well, remember that whole alien invasion? Oh, of course you do; it's not like it's something you just forget. Anyway, I managed to make off from a raid with some of their tech, lucky me," Hivemind explained. "Afterwards, I did a bit of research to try and figure it out how it works... erm, before I handed it off to my Coalition superiors for further study, because that was the responsible thing for me to do, yeah."Hivemind held up the eye-cam and waved it about, waiting until it started blinking faster."Point is, I picked up a few things trying to work it out. Can't say I understand complex extraterrestrial gizmos yet, but I know a few basics about wiring," said Hivemind. "We're getting closer, and Tornado's probably knows it, too. Storm's getting stronger outside too, so try and keep away from the windows."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Gah! Tried sending you a personal message CoKK. For some reason I can't send it....not sure why, your inbox full or something? :confused:

OOC: Looks like; hadn't really been paying much attention to that. It should work now.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta rolled her eyes. "Fine, we'll leave. Come on Surge." She turned and started walking away, muttering to herself. "Honestly, I swear the most frustrating thing about this job is dealing with people..."IC: Plasmafire floated back a little, taking in the whole scene. With Fade as close to Otherfade as he was, it was too risky to try hitting Otherfade with an attack... Geez, if only he still had those katana he'd had a few months ago...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Fade tried to back away from his double to give Plasmafire a clear shot; the fire couldn't kill him, but third-degree burns were still pretty hard to walk off. Unfortunately, Otherfade seemed to realize this as well, and was putting up a relentless assault just to keep the two of them as close together as possible. Blades glanced off armor, Fade throwing up his arms to block Otherfade as he slashed over and over.Then, slowly and ominously, a low creaking filled the room. Up above them, cracks started to appear in the roof; the energy cascade from the Supercharger had burnt a hole through the ceiling, and the heat from the fires had only worsened its condition. The creaking grew to a rumble, and suddenly a hundred tons of steel and concrete came crashing down towards the group...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire looked up at the collapsing ceiling and groaned. He threw his hands up in reflex, tossing a few plasma spark upwards, at least hoping tp blow the debris away from the group...

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: "Then will begin our assault in moments. Our only objective is to retrieve Aquarius, but if you simply MUST attempt something else, at least do so with haste. As much as I would like to be able to, I cannot hold several League members at bay alone for long" KILL stressed, seemingly paying no heed to Impact's attitude. How the mission was achieved did not matter to him, as long as they did not do something foolish: something squishy organic human brains were renowed for. When the assembled members had all entered his relatively comfortable 5-seater form (you could fit more people in, but then Archmage would almost certainly have to sit in someone's lap), KILL began to roll out, abandoning the empty crate where it lay as he rumbled into the street, turning a corner or two until they had the most direct street line until Mentor's Mansion."Bracing yourselves is recommended" their mode of transport suggested with almost a chuckle, the accelerator hitting the floor without anyone to push it. The black cars engine roared as the speedo flicked up higher and higher, breaking the local speed limit in an appalling display. The gate was the first to face KILL's wrath, smashing apart in the centre as he raced through and onwards, as the front door grew worringly large in his windshield. Well, he DID warn them to brace themselves....

CRASH!

OOC: I think it's safe to say we've drawn League attention, chaps :P

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: Skyra

CRASH!Skyra drew his katanas instinctively, "Ultionus get out here fast! I think we have company!" Skyra turned to Mystic. "If anyone unfriendly comes through the corridor. I'll hold them off, you keep working on Aquarius." Skyra walked at a quick pace toward the long corridor, this was the only way they could get to Aquarius, so they'd have to go through Skyra first.

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Erm, you might not want to shorten spedometer to that. Nobody wants the image of questionable beachwear while they're reading this or, most likely, anything else.It's also renowned, not renowed, but whatever.IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent heard the crash just as well as anyone else, and since he'd finished compiling a list of former Coalition bases and the common characteristics of said bases, he fairly quickly shut down the computer terminal and moved into an open corridor in the mansion, right hand holding his gun at the ready, left arm held stiffly in a sling. Given the prominence of this location and its rather singular importance to the League - the CIA had told them, again and again, diversify your secret facilities, but the advice had not been taken - an enemy assault was a fairly likely cause for the disturbance, and would need to be dealt with by all available personnel.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Plasmafire succeeded in destroying some of the debris; of course, that only meant that there was now burning-hot slag falling on the group in addition to the falling rubble. Fade dove and rolled to the side as it crashed down, filling the room with a vast cloud of dust. Fade hit the ground, covering his head as debris and dust rained down on him. When the rumbling had stopped, Fade stopped and looked up. A large chunk of the debris had landed slantwise against the wall, creating space enough to move around, but at the same time leaving him trapped from Plasmafire and the others. If he could still phase this would be a piece of cake, but at present it meant he was trapped.Thankfully, fate was more than willing to provide him with more immediate problems. Otherfade came crashing out of the rubbles, wristblades drawn, and slammed Fade down into the dirt. Fade elbowed him in the face and scrambled to his feet, swinging a kick at his duplicate on the way up.---

CRASH!

The sound snapped Mystic out of Aquarius's head almost instantly. She clutched a hand to her forehead, reeling slightly from the unexpected disconnection. Once she'd regained her senses, she stood up and followed Skyra out of the observation room, at an orderly but hurried pace. She clenched her fists, a swirl of white energy glowing in her hands."I will assist you. Whatever hold I might have had on Aquarius's mind is gone now," she said. "An immediate danger to this facility has presented itself. My primary goal should be to neutralize it, ensuring the security of our prisoner and the safety of this base."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire had been knocked to the ground by the debris, and by the time the dust settled, both the Fades had dissapeared. A quick glance around provided the most likely suspect to be the giant debris chunk leaning against a wall. He ran over to it and placed his hands on it, trying to melt his way through. Unless it was made of that alloy the space shuttles are made of, he should be able to melt his way through... Eventually...

IC: SkyraSkyra nodded to Mystic. Skyra's hands began to glow as he began to absorb the air around him, collecting it into a concentrated sphere of air between his blades."If and when they enter this corridor I'm gonna to blast all I got at them. It will take a lot out of me, you'll have to deal with whoever is left, for a few moments anyway."

Edited by Snelly

IC:Plasmafire's powers were slowly burning a hole through the slab of concrete. However, it became clear that there were two possible dangers with this plan. The first was that it would risk dripping burning plasma down onto Fade. Secondly, the large slab was holding up a good deal of the debris; cut through it the wrong way, and Fade would end up flattened. If Plasmafire was going to make a path through the rubble, he'd need to do it carefully.---Fade circled his double, letting his wristblades retract. The second Otherfade made a move, he lunged forwards and punched him in the jaw. As the duplicate staggered, Fade followed up with a kick to the chest that knocked Otherfade off balance."Alright, so it's just you and me now. Seems like as good a time as any for the big question," Fade said, punctuating his words with more punches. "You know the one. It's the one that's been bugging me for quite a while: why? Why would you do it? Why would you sell them all out to Frigid?"---"...Perhaps it might be wiser to hold back just a bit," said Mystic, incredulous. "Strategically speaking, it makes more sense to have two people guarding this corridor than to let one expend all his energy in one shot, leaving only one person to defend should his quite risky assault fail. One blind person, might I add."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire hadn't noticed the dangers of his plan until he'd melted about a half inch into the concrete. He swore under his breath and took a step back, re-evaluating the situation.Okay, well, melthing a hole lower down would reduce the risk of burning Fade, but could present the risk of the rubble shifting... Okay, let's try it this way. He knelt down and placed his hands at the base of the slab, around the center of the rubble. He focused his efforts there, on a hole barely big enough the get through. If he was lucky, he could just melt that bit of concrete, and not bring it all down on Fade.

IC(Mr. No-One): The spy rounded a corner, coming to the other end of the same corridor Skyra and Mystic were in. He overheard the discussion on Skyra's plan, but chose not to comment."Any news on the disturbance?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"Maybe I should have said that a different way, I meant it would just leave me unable to attack for a few moments. I tend to over-exaggerate I suppose..."Skyra looked at Mr. No-One. "No news, but I'm pretty sure whoever it is there not friendly."OOC: Ya, should have worded it different.

IC: (Aquarius)

CRASH!

A sudden mental jolt followed by complete psychic silence sent Aquarius' jumble of thoughts spinning before finally straightening out and assessing the situation. It seemed that he no longer had to worry about annoying psychic questions bouncing around his brain any more, and that meant that whatever pressure he might have been under vanished with it. He fixed Ultionis with a forceful stare."Looks like someone called in the cavalry," Aquarius said, smiling despite the gun that the agent was holding against him. "What do you think they'll do to poor miss Thomas if they break in here to find me dead? I have my own suspicions, but I'd be far more interested in hearing what your imagination conjures up..."IC: (NPC - Ethereal)"Yeah, sure," Ethereal said, holding out a hand to Dreamcatcher. "I can take you to lots of places. There are some things here that make the real world look dull in comparison." After warily eyeing Ethereal's hand, Dreamcatcher took it. She felt something lurch in the pit of her stomach, and then stared, awestruck by the landscape around her.They were in a clearing in a forest, with a small waterfall pouring from a rocky ledge at one end. But it looked like nothing ever seen on Earth. The grass was iridescent, rippling through a dozen colors whenever the wind stirred it. The trees had a shimmering, crystalline texture to their bark, and their leaves were golden. The rocks were dark and smooth, but tinted with colors reminiscent of the rarest gemstones. Rainbows danced across the waterfall, the water an icy white that seemed somehow transparent, at times like it wasn't even there, and the sky shone like billions of blue sequins. The sun, hovering high above the clearing, shone with every color of the rainbow, and for some reason it was not painful to stare at."Gives new meaning to the phrase 'in your wildest dreams,' huh?" Ethereal said with a shy smile.~Lord Rahl~

IC: DreamcatcherCrystal continued to stare in awe of the landscape, unable to take her eyes off it. "I'll say..." She soaked in everything around her, the sounds, the smells, and especially the scenery. "It's funny..." She said rather slowly. "...I've been able to control and manipulate dreams my whole life, but I've never been able to imagine something this....this incredible.""Though it's hard to, when the real world is so harsh, it makes you lose your imagination..." She said rather sadly.

Edited by Snelly

IC: (NPC-Ethereal)"It's funny you should mention that," Ethereal said, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I said before that this place is shaped by dreams, but the farther you go from places where people live, the more...like this it gets. The limits of people's imaginations don't hold sway as much where there are no people. It also doesn't change as much in the wild. In cities, everything is always shifting, people's opinions always changing. I like it better out here."~Lord Rahl~

IC:Mystic still thought it was foolish to open with such a taxing attack; it left him at a disadvantage for a critical moment, leaving defense almost solely in the hands of someone who needed the aid of others to function effeciently. Still, Mr. No-One had joined their ranks, and he'd at least proven himself capable of fighting supervillains on one occasion, if only briefly."Fine. Just... do be careful," she said, focusing her powers to try and detect the psychic patterns of the incoming attackers. "Try to wait until you're sure you can catch most of the suspects in the blast; we do not want an attack like this to be wasted."---"Hey... you are me, y'know," snarled Otherfade as he dragged himself to his feet. "Can't you just figure it out?"Fade kicked him again as he tried to rise, knocking him back down into the dust."That's just the thing... you aren't me. You can't be me," Fade said. "I loved Jen, but I'd never become what she became. I'd never sell out the entire world just to be with her."Otherfade grabbed hold of Fade's leg, driving his wristblade through the joints in the armor plating. Fade winced in pain and recoiled; Otherfade to the opportunity to get back to his feet."Maybe you're just afraid to admit it," he said, driving an armored fist at Fade's skull. "Afraid to admit that you could have been weak, could've let your emotions get the better of you, could've doomed the entire world."Ducking the fist, Fade grabbed hold of Otherfade's arm and slammed him against the slab of rubble. Clouds of dust poured down as the debris shifted."You did do those things," he said. "Don't even think about trying to lecture me on them.""True... but we're two of a kind, you and me," replied Otherfade. "You just don't want to admit it, but if things had gone a little differently you would have been me. We're the same guy; one of us just hasn't been pushed far enough yet."He tried to phase and escape Fade's grip, but he had been ready for it. He'd been phased along with Otherfade; taking advantage of that, Fade shoved forwards and they both tumbled through the rubble pile. They emerged out of the debris and crashed to the floor, knocking a shelf full of circuits and wiring over. More rubble was still falling; it would not be safe to remain in the lab much longer."Then what pushed you?" Fade shouted. The fire burning in the lab was reflected in the intensity of his glare. "What exactly drove you over the edge! Tell me!""As if you don't know?" asked Otherfade. "They sent out a team, looking for Perception. He... he told them... he said Jen wasn't real. Just a fake personality... an illusion he'd created. The Frigid wreaking havoc was the real one. I... couldn't take that. When she offered me the chance to join her... if the woman I loved was gone, then she was all I had left... all I had to live for..."Fade's expression shifted from anger to digust. He grabbed Otherfade and threw him against a wall."That's it? That's it?" he roared, advancing on his duplicate. "Are you mad? ...No, I take that back, of course you are! You gave up the fight for a love that died years ago. She's gone, you fool! I don't care how bad you feel, or how much it hurts, you're supposed to keep fighting! For god's sakes, get over her!"Otherfade smirked as he got up again."Oh, really? As if you have?"A crack overhead, and another chunk of rubble came crashing down between them. Fade jumped back to avoid it, while Otherfade broke into a run. He made his way towards the pile of rubble, trying to climb his way out of the lab and escape. Fade leapt over the rubble and through blazing flames, determined to catch up with him.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Dreamcatcher"Interesting...I'd...I'd like to see more of this..."IC: SkyraSkyra almost smirked, "Careful is my middle name." It was actually Andrew. "But yes, I'll make sure the shot counts."

Edited by Snelly

NPC: "I think they wouldn't jeopardize their bargaining chip for your memory." He pressed the gun a bit harder against Aquarius; it was aimed so that a bullet would go through the nerve cluster at the solar plexus, then the divide in the windpipe where it split to the lungs, then take out a vertebra. Nasty way to die. "Just remember, doctor, what would've happened if I'd pulled this trigger." With that unpleasant thought, he tossed Aquarius aside like a piece of trash and drew his other gun, already marching out the door from the interrogation room.He showed up beside Mystic, Skyra and No-One a few moments later. "I didn't think they'd react this quickly," he said grimly. "They probably didn't do much planning. If we're lucky, they don't even know where the interrogation room is." He stared down the hallway. Not good. It was clean and well-kept, which meant there was nothing he or No-One could hide behind. Cover was essential in dealing with threats like this. There were a few doors on the walls, though - he opened one hurriedly and stepped inside the room, using the wall as cover, then gestured for the CIA agent to do the same. Now all that was left was to plan... and wait.(H-D)IC: The people in the interrogation room weren't the only ones who noticed the massive CRASH. Omega jumped clean out of his seat, hovered in the air for a bit in surprise, and cursed his luck. One peaceful day, that was all he asked for, just one, stupid day- but no time for that now. He put down the comic, opened the window and zoomed out to find the source of the disturbance. It didn't take long. Holes in the wall aren't hard to spot, especially that size. The strange thing was the vehicle outside it - a sleek, comfortable-looking (if a tad old-fashioned) car with what looked like heavy machine guns and a gatling turret. Oh. Wonderful. On the plus side, there didn't seem to be anyone in the driver's seat, so he threw up an energy shield and introduced himself via a nice, big blast of energy aimed at the guy in the florescent orange tights. Mainly because he was closest and didn't look armored.|H-D|IC: Shard was just toweling off the last remnants of radioactive grape soda when he heard the CRASH echoing through the house. He groaned. It was funny how, as a civilian, he'd never really noticed that things like this tended to pop up about three times a day. Yeah. Funny. "So funny I forgot to laugh," he muttered to himself before charging down the corridor to meet the oncoming threat.What he found after several more corridors, hallways, stairs, and occasional backtracking was no fewer than five supervillains stepping through the rubble. Okay... suddenly coming down here alone didn't seem like such a great idea.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Gap stayed close to Hivemind, glancing all around so as not be caught off-guard by any further attacks. For some reason her gaze lingered on a rather large stone statue as they passed it.IC(NPC): KILL's doors burst open and out marched the villains. Meltdown was one of the first, mainly because Dirge had made sure to push him out. The latter was one of those total-obedience types who hated to see any of his teammates hesitate in their mission.Meltdown stumbled out, and in something of a confirmation of his fears a large yellowish-orange blast of energy came at him almost instantly. He hopped backwards, which had the effect of causing the resultant explosion throw him slightly less further than if it would have hit him directly. His supersuit wasn't armoured, but it was padded somewhat with a thick layer of heat-, burn- and shock-proof materials (pretty essential when your power was to generate plasma). He bounced off a wall and rolled to a stop in the middle of a corridor. For a moment or two he lay still, catching his breath. Then he got shakily to his feet, his hands seemingly rippling as the temperature around them started to skyrocket.Dirge, meanwhile, had sprinted out of KILL's other side and had summoned a quick breeze to catch up the dust created in their forceful entry of the mansion. The dust would create good cover for himself and the other villains - provided they kept up, of course. His first and only priority was to locate and rescue Aquarius; if any of his teammates were foolish enough to get captured, then that was their problem...

IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent nodded, and took cover in the doorway of another room. From their cover, the two of them could set up a fairly decent crossfire. In any sane situation, they'd be looking to generate a few hostile corpses, but from what he'd seen, the League wanted their enemies alive, no matter what the cost. If they didn't have superpowers, he thought, the League wouldn't last long with that kind of attitude.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Ultionis glanced back at the heroes. Hopefully they understood that, while his arsenal of tools and weapons was impressive, for the most part it would injure or kill, not disable or immobilize. He had already switched out his ammunition for darts loaded with potent paralytic poisons, but he only had two clips of those - one for each pistol. Once he ran out, he'd have to resort to bullets. He listened carefully for a while before deciding that the villains were nowhere near their current location. "Okay, we have a few minutes. Mystic, what's your range? Can you give us numbers, positions?"(H-D)IC: "Oh, no you don't!" Omega threw a couple more energy bolts, one at each of the villains already out. "Nice car. But does it have a TV?" |H-D|

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC:Hivemind was alternating between carefully watching every single object they passed in the hall, and stubbornly pretending they weren't there. At first she thought it would be important to figure out where the hidden cameras were, but then it occurred to her that Tornado had stuffed his hall with so much junk that the cameras could be literally anywhere. They'd spend more time looking for monitoring devices than they would Tornado, so the best she could do was ignore it and get on with her job.But then it occurred to her that no, that was absolutely crazy. Just because she couldn't find the security devices didn't mean she could just ignore their existence entirely, that would just endanger both herself and the mission. But then it also occurred to her that hey, shut up, they were in mortal peril either way, and if she didn't have any choice in the matter she might as well make what little choices she could, and since when did she ever care about the mission anyway, so just pipe down back there... erm, herself.The storm out there was getting worse outside. The winds were starting to pick up, and a thick sheet of rain had begun beating against the windows. This was bad news as far as Hivemind was concerned; the rain was limiting their visibility, meaning they couldn't see if Tornado was making a break for it, and with the high winds they'd be most likely unable to follow him. Almost instantly afterwards, she noticed a much more important problem: the cracks appearing in the glass as the wind pounded against them. Just as Hivemind spun around to warn gap, the windows shattered once more. But rather than rushing inside and wreaking more havoc, the winds outside were threatening to suck them out of the mansion entirely, where'd they be lost in the swirling storm above.---Mystic spread her psychic influence across the mansion, zeroing in on where the villains had entered the facility. There were five of them, by her count, but she could also detect the minds of other League heroes as they moved to intercept the attackers. She recognized one, Omega, from a battle with Sharkmen several months back in Rio, but the rest were largely unfamiliar to her."There's five of them that I can detect, approaching at the entrance. Several our ours have intercepted them; they are being engaged as we speak," she said to the others. "I am hopeful they will be dealt with there, but we must still be on guard should the defenses there fail."At the same time, Mystic focused some of her attention back on Aquarius's mind. She wasn't looking for information this time, although she was certain Aquarius would not react well to the return of the nagging sensation his mind was being intruded upon. As far as she could tell, no one had remained to keep an eye on their prisoner, and while he was secure and powerless, she still thought it was wise to keep someone watching in case the whole thing was a diversion. Fortunately, her powers gave her the unique opportunity to keep watch over him while still maintaining a defensive position.---Dread stepped out of the car next, his horns scraping KILL's roof and sending a few sparks flying as he got out. He rose to his rather-imposing full height and strode forwards, a ill green light radiating from the palms of his gauntlets. A heroine wearing a white cloak and a golden helmet swooped in to intercept, firing beams of light from her headgear. Dread turned, responding with a twisting and arcing bolt of sickly green energy, which snaked its way through the air and struck the helmet like a lightning rod. The heroine recoiled, clutching her head and screaming something about spiders. Dread left her to her nightmares come to life, and moved on after Dirge.Archmage stumbled out next, very nearly jabbing Impact in the gut with her staff on the way out. Once she had clear footing on the ground, she took note of the defenses. She spotted a man made of what appeared to be diamonds and took aim with her staff; he didn't appear to have engaged in combat yet, but she decided it would be better to ensure he never did. It crackled with energy, before sending a sparking purple bolt zooming down the hall. It missed Shard by inches and struck a wall instead, a large chunk vanishing in a violet haze as it was reduced to individual atoms. She didn't know whether Shard's diamond form could withstand her disintegration bolts better than the wall had, but she was more than willing to find out...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Egaah!" Shard stumbled a bit as what turned out to be a disintegration ray hit the wall next to him. He regained his footing, but for now his charge was halted. "Okay, new plan." Immediately he grew a huge shield out of his arm and detached it to float two feet in front of him, as well as a large club from the other arm. They hovered steadily, as if still attached to his arms by invisible columns, and he grinned through the transparent wall. "Take two. Action!" He charged forward again, more confident this time, swinging the club menacingly.*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth