To Save The World!

IC (Cyrus Lewis): Cyrus had fallen into a quiet reverie, looking at the assortment of exotic crystals, stones and wood that he had laying about his workshop, carefully considering what would be his next attempt. The TV was quietly playing in the background, a stream of stories sprinting by on the news."What's this?" Thought the man as an image on the screen caught his eye, disturbing his thoughts. Something about an attack at the airport, connected with the arrival of the famed Professor Perdition, head of state of a tiny Pacific island-nation. The man put down his coffee mug, pressing his lips together into a thin line. "I do hope he didn't do anything too brash..." According to the grapevine, there was supposed to be some kind of protest against the Professor's welcome into the USA, and his status as an ally. Cyrus' eyes grew grim as the familiar images of smoke and flying debris appeared onscreen. Apparently, a traffic chopper nearby had heard a radio report about a scuffle at the airport. The engineer's brow furrowed ever-so-slightly. Paragon could make another appearance. But then again, blending in might prove more appropriate. "Either way, one lucky reporter is going to be getting a promotion."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Strike, NYC Strike continued to fall, the wind whipping past him as he did. As he shot down, he never turned to face the earth. He looked skyward.Suddenly, he colided with the cement, causing a massive explosion that seemed to shake the earth. He layed unmoving in the crater he had made.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: lol if you were some random person who just saw that happen.Seriously though, lol.IC: Hanna (NYC, roof)"Strike!" she heard herself say as the part-alien slammed into the ground. Hanna almost ran for the stairs down towards the elevator. Once inside, she punched in the ground floor......Once the doors opened, she ran out towards the crater, trying to push through the crowd of people that surrounded it. Once Hanna started projecting a feeling to them to move out of her way she managed to make some progress.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Seeing as there's superheroes in this universe, I doubt they would be too shocked. Probably a few "Those stupid mutants are going at it again" and the such. :PIC: Strike, NYCStrike's body never so much as twitched. His black, exo-skeleton like skin looked unhurt, but internal damage was possible.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: "Darn mutants messing up my sidewalk and making craters infront of my buildings! I'll sue!"IC: Hanna (NYC)She managed to make it through the crowd, and slid down the edge of the crater. She looked over Strike, he seemed unhurt, but that didn't mean he wasn't.Hanna tried to check for a pulse, but didn't know where to on the half-alien. Or if he even had a pulse to begin with.

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: XD. I support that quote. IC: Strike, NYCStrike's pulse, as Hanna expected wasn't existant. Not because he was dead, but because of his... unique anatomy. Turning his head slightly, Strike whispered a single word. "Thanks". And with that cryptic message, he shut his eyes, not yet dead, but apparently not far away from it.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: (Lone)Once the first vilian was down, Lone stopped firing, only to see N-ber running across the tarmac, screaming about someone going to kill him and Tilian. that didn't sound good at.(Tragedy)" do you hear something, or feel something watching us? i swear i feel eyes on me." Tragedy was a bit pranoid,some he had put his mask on right after he landed.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"It's a long story," he said, cocking his gun and staying still for a minute. "I think he's gone. Stay lit, just to be sure. Oh, and stop saying his name. It's tabooed. He knows how to find us when you use it." He stood up and scanned the surrounding area. No sign."He probably teleported out when the EMP hit," Tilian said hopefully, his gun still out.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:(Tragedy)"lets head to Empire State building. it be fun to go all the way to the top." and with that they were off, with Tragedy still having a feeling of be watched

War...war never changes.

IC: "I didn't say, I didn't say it this time!" Negafire cried, peering out from behind the luggage rack. "I am /never/ saying that name again!" He slowly stood up, blue flame wreathing his hands as he scanned the entire tarmac. "... Where would he have gone, though?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)"No clue. He has teleportation abilities, so he could, hypothetically, be anywhere," he replied. "Just stay on guard."He walked towards the empty League jet and found Whistler still guarding Captain Code dutifully. Gadgeteer was tinkering with pieces of the jet, trying to repair and upgrade his armor. Couldn't blame the guy, with a suit like that..."Either of you guys got any contacts we can call?" asked Tilian. "My communicator is out from the EMP, and the jet's in no position to fly."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Viktor Borislav @ Manchester Airport"My armour has also been neutralised by that EMP burst. I am working on restoring it," explained Viktor, in case Saosin hadn't figured that out for himself already. The Russian was currently surrounded by metal plates, bolts, loose wires and transistors. He held a drill in one hand and some kind of power core in the other.In looking up to speak to Saosin, Viktor also spotted Lone standing some distance away, upon the empty runway. He had no idea how the armoured hero had gotten here, but since Ivan had made a sudden reappearance Viktor assumed they'd arrived together. He pointed to Lone. "It looks as if his armour still functions. Ask him." Viktor knelt down and continued working...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Ember turned to Tillian, eyebrow raised. "You had my communicator, right? Did it survive? Cuz we could use that to call-- Wait, no, it only calls the Coalition... Wait, I just... Uh-oh." Ember realized that he had said that in front of nearly the entire group, most of whome didn't know who he really was.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Acro, LD, I hope you don't mind that Cyrus pops in to your neighbourhood for a bit to watch the Hanna/Strike situation.IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC: Not far from Hanna and Strike): Cyrus was walking briskly down the road, eating a bagel. There was something truly delightful about bagels. Cheesy, coated in a blend of sugar and cinnamon, or simply sesame. Each time he ate one, it felt like a new experience. "One of the charms of the city, I suppose." The handsome blonde man adjusted his glasses, easing his way past the bustling crowds of people which regularly graced this particular neighbourhood. A group of joggers here, a baby in a stroller there. The last way gave him a particular sense of joy. The affection which people bestowed on their offspring was truly remarkable.He winced slightly. Romance, much like his research, hadn't yielded particular success for him either. One would be surprised at how little some girls liked the truth. "Oh well, c'est la vie."So there he was, briskly moving down the sidewalk, heading towards the nearest hub of public transport, hoping to catch a ride to the airport to investigate. Suddenly, an odd shape caught his eye, balancing on the edge of a building. It looked remarkably like something from a film he had watched once, during his engineering days."Hello? Alien was real?" Cyrus kept his gaze on the figure, watching as it suddenly dropped off the building. "Good gods, no. What a dull, reckless thing to do. What of the pedestrians?" The man nearly dropped his bagel, as the Alien-look-alike smashed into the sidewalk, raising a cloud of dust and debris. Thankfully, pedestrians on the ground had noticed the potential threat, and had cleared the path in the nick of time.Cyrus kept the pace of his walk, stopping at the edge of the crowd now scowling at the crater. He removed his smart phone, switching on the video camera. This was worth recording. The air was taut with a rather awkward tension. The man's eyes flitted about the crowd as he panned the crowd with his recorder. "I love apps." They were definitely upset. But experience had taught them that silence was the wiser action when it came to superhuman antics.Another woman rushed up and was attending the Alien. It was really quite humorous. There were looks in the crowd that would have frozen a Gorgon in its tracks. Still, their voices were held back, by an underlying fear. "You don't live long try to outmuscle a semi on the road while in a Beetle. Wait, scratch the Beetle. You won't live long trying pull a stunt like outmuscling a semi while on a moped.""Thankfully, I am not impeded by such fears." Cyrus cleared his throat, then spoke up in a terse, yet polite fashion. "Pardon me, but what the helI that was for? Can't you see there are children here?!" Sure enough, a troupe of Cub Scouts was huddled around their den mother, clearly shaken from the sudden explosion of concrete created by the crater. One of them had a rather bloody gash over his eyebrow, and was holding his left leg in pain. The boy's face was getting paler, and it was obvious that the leg had been broken. "A stray piece of concrete no doubt. Thankfully, if the sirens indicate anything, an ambulance is being called for him. I think that LAN should have room in their budget for the bill." More smartphones were out now, getting video evidence of the incident.A voice rose from the edge of the crowd, obviously emboldened by Cyrus' opening volley. "YEAH, WHO THE #### DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, WALTZING IN AND BLOWING UP OUR STREETS!?" The crowd began to murmur angrily, a sound not dissimilar from the noise one would hear after disturbing a hornets' nest in the woods. Another person shouted out. "Who do you think pays for those repairs! Those are our tax dollars you're wasting!"Cyrus smiled as he watched the scene unfold from the edge of the crowd. A man in a cheap suit had run up to the injured Cub Scout, offering his services as a personal injury lawyer, before scrambling down the crater to the female super, badgering her for any of the Alien's contact information. "Oh the little comedies of life. Leave it to an ambulance chaser to throw himself in harm's way. Still, $#!* has really hit the fan this time."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian flashed a quick look at Negafire, but it was too late. He sighed."That life's behind you, Ember. Just stay focused and this'll all work out."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:(Tragedy)"why, the fun way of course." with that said, Alex shifted into his werewolf form, starting to run up the side of the building.(Lone)"so, you're ex-coalition now? doesn't shock me that you were coalition." Lone had taken his helmet of to do a manual reboot of the systems, and to also check for damage from the EMP and the fall from the plane.

War...war never changes.

IC: Ember pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, nodding. "Yeah, I'm ex-Coalition. Psychic duplicate of League hero Plasmafire, sent here undercover to assist with the Hexas situation. Then, Saosin offers me a deal, the Coalition head shows up, and the plane goes down... By the way, the Coalition head who's chasing me can detect when you say his name, so don't say it or we're dead!"

OOC: Superhumans existing doesn't mean people are any more likely to thank you for needlessly creating a crater in front of their building :P

OOC: Didn't say they'd thank me, just be used to it. :P Anyway, I get your point. I'll try to be more realistic. The fact that this is about 1960's-style comics isn't helping, though. (Well, I assume 60's, considering how it's all "Doctor Danger" and "Lionheart")IC: Strike, NYCStrike shuddered once, his body moving violently. "Don't-Don't-Let-Th-Them-Hospital-" He attempted to say before collapsing. Don't let them hospital? Well, that was confusing.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: @Madara, Hanna's in casual clothing, not her suit. XDWhich sorta makes it even wierder. :PIC: Hanna (NYC)"Don't hospital, what?" she asked, ignoring the smart phones and other recording devices. Hanna was a bit worried right now, Strike did not look in good shape.The twitching gave it away. Then the lawyer came down to them, asking for Strike's contact information. A quick look, along with a bit of her power, convinced him to back away.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Fixed it.IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):The ambulance chaser staggered off, an oddly peaceful look on his face, mumbling to himself. The Cub Scout was whimpering, tears flowing down his face from the pain.Cyrus noted the sudden change in behaviour from the lawyer, resting his chin on his hand. "Odd. I doubt that was the Alien. Seeing as he's twitching on the ground. Ergo, the woman must be a super. Mind manipulator perhaps?" The crowd's ire was not subsiding.The man finished his bagel, brushing crumbs from his fingers as he strode across the edge of the crater, to the injured boy and the den mother. "Pardon me, ma'am. My name is Cyrus Lewis. Thank goodness the ambulance is on its way, but I understand that the bill can be quite considerable. Here is my card, please forward the details to this injured boy's family. I will take the cost of the ambulance ride." He removed a pen from his coat, jotting down another name and number. "I also recommend that they consider taking legal action with a reputable..." He turned his gaze to the ambulance chaser, who was skipping merrily. "... solicitor."Having passed the relevant details to the injured boy, Cyrus decided that he would hazard a risk, stepping to the edge of the crater. "Excuse me, miss. What is your connection to that super... human?" His crisp words were layered over the background hum of anger in the crowd.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna (NYC)"His name is Strike!" she snapped, in a tone that startled herself. She could feel the crowd's anger, the little boy's pain, and it only made things worse.Hanna closed her eyes for a minute and focused, drawing on her power. Eventually, the crowd's anger began to fade, and the boy's pain was decreasing greatly."I'm sorry," she said, calming down a bit, "I spoke with him."IC: Gravity (NYC)He grinned, and did the normal thing for chasing a werewolf up the side of a building: he jumped. But this was more then a jump, as Gravity shot over 40 feet into the air with it.And then he landed on the side of the building. Standing there as if the buiding's side was the ground.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):"My apologies. One cannot be certain that everything has a proper name. He is human, correct?" Cyrus raised an eyebrow as the crowd slowly splintered, then disintegrated, lost in their own happy thoughts. Why should they stay and be angry at a little road damage? All in the world was well. Thank God paramedics had already arrived and were well on their way to assisting the boy.The man looked down at the woman, a measure of ice in his voice. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." He gestured with his hand at the scattering public. "You're lucky to have the powers that you do, girl, breaking up an angry crowd with such ease. What is your name?"He flicked his eyes to the last dregs of the crowd, before turning his eyes back to the girl. "Once the mental manipulation wears off, and they look at the videos they took, it's likely that they'll be more upset that they had their brainspace violated."Cyrus placed a hand in his pocket, as the sirens disappeared with the ambulance. The drivers were no doubt whistling happily. It was uncomfortable knowing that there existed people with the potential to control the emotions in such a manner. "Do you find it morally disconcerting to meddle with the minds of us innocent civilians?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna (NYC)"Yes! What do think I am?" she said, looking towards him. She didn't quiet care that he knew about her power at the moment, "I couldn't just leave them angry! Eventually, someone else would have gotten hurt!" The pain and anger from the crowd was really effecting her, "I dont just feel their emotions, I share them."To the point where her leg was throbbing, in the exact spot where the little boy had broken his bone. She was quiet for a while after that, only mumbling her name, "Hanna."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC): Cyrus nodded silently, observing the situation. Law enforcement was likely to arrive soon. That would prove complicated for 'Strike'. "Oh, on a theoretical level, I can empathize. I would delve into how patronizing that statement is, but I suppose as a superhuman, your attitude is to be expected." He slid neatly down to the center of the crater. "Sharing and controlling emotions? Terrifying ability. Such a two-edged sword would probably drive me to a life as an introvert." The man crouched down, hoisting Strike up by an arm. He glanced at Hanna, supporting the Alien's weight on his shoulders. "I doubt that the hospital will do much for treating such an alien form. Are you two affiliated with the League?" As Cyrus half-dragged Strike out from the shallow pit, he noted the young woman's slight look of consternation. "I don't suppose that you can enlighten me as to why your friend would commit an action so imbecilic and endangering to the public."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna (NYC)"The what? No, I don't think so..." She said, not quite clear on who he was talking about. "Can they help him?"Now that most of it was over, she had a bit a time to relfect back on what had happened. Hanna thought she should have stayed back, let someone else handle it. No, She thought, That would have came out worse. A lot worse.What else could she have done? Hanna knew she couldn't have just left him there. Her other powers weren't strong enough to catch him before he fell... She winced as she stood up, putting weight on her throbbing leg."I don't know why..." Hanna answered, subconsciously putting a hand on the part-alien's shoulder. She hoped he would be alright.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):Cyrus smirked. "The League of Salvation, Dorothy. You're not in Kansas anymore. They're an international federation of superheroes, working together to save the world!" These last words had a hint of sarcasm laced into them. Needless to say, it didn't take an empath to read that.He paused, trying to hail a taxi while letting Hanna stew in silence. "If anyone would have the medical facilities to handle Strike's treatment, it would be the League. Is Strike human?"The man looked casually about, before his eyes grew serious at Hanna's assessment. "You're not aware of any reasonable factors?" He coughed slightly. "To be so negligent of the connection between one's own actions and the safety of others is disturbing. The force of good, unaware of its own strength or the consequences of steps it chooses, is more dangerous than evil itself."Finally, a cab was pulling closer. "I would suggest you consider that the next time you and your pal choose to play here in New York. There are over 10,000 people here per square km. Your theatrics put more than your own lives in danger."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna (NYC)"Oh," she replied, easily catching the sarcasm. She took a while before answering the next question. Hanna knew Strike was human, mostly. But she didn't know how he would react to her telling anyone. What was she thinking? He was dieing, and she could deal with explaining to him why later. This may help him."Yes, he is. Mostly," she replied, finally. Hanna didn't explain further, and wouldn't, unless she had to.The empath didn't respon to his last comment, instead saying; more to herself then anyone else; "Huh, and to think today I was trying to be normal. Look how well that worked."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC): "A partial human, you say? Fascinating." He drew in a deep sigh. "The League should be able to help him." It was so... arrogant of supers to think so little of the normal population."Huh, and to think today I was trying to be normal. Look how well that worked.""Oh, do you normally don the suit?" He smiled. "What a wonderful philanthropic hobby."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna (NYC)"No, no I don't," she replied. At times, Hanna almost forgot she had a suit. She did wear it when needed, though."I was trying to be normal. Not bother myself with other people's problems, just go through the day as if I didn;t have them," she explained. "But they don't just go away with the suit."Hanna just wanted someone to understand. Her powers were as much as a curse as a gift, and even more so at times.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC(Whistler): Meanwhile, the businessman was still waiting in the damaged plane, watching the prisoner. He'd heard "N-Ber's" original hysterical shouting, but none of the conversation after it.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Dreamcatcher would totally understand where Hanna is coming from. XD They need to met soon, have her fall asleep when she gets a chance. :PIC: Skyra - The Foilocution Corporation -Skyra sighed. "Well, are we ready to get rock girl here to the jet?" Skyra asked as he tried to stand up straight, his back was throbbing in pain.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar