To Save The World!

NPC: Ultionis stepped in and grabbed Skyra's arm, pulling it over his shoulders. "Easy," he said. "That was a nasty hit you took. Here, lean on me. We'll get you some med care on the jet."(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Provided you're fine with a taxi ride to the League.IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):"I can empathize with your dilemma. I imagine that feeling the emotions of all those around you in this city would be particularly taxing. Are you from the city?" The taxi pulled up with a screech. "Not gonna lie, the driver doesn't look too reputable." Cyrus wrestled with the limp body of the alien-like human (apparently). "Can you give me a hand, Hanna?"It took a couple minutes to push the body into the back seat, where Strike lay sprawled at a rather uncomfortable looking angle. Cyrus scooted in afterwards, adjusting and propping the Alien up against his shoulder. "Hop in, Hanna. Off to the League HQ we go!"

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

OOC: Lord Rahl, where are you?IC - Viktor Borislav @ Manchester AirportViktor looked up. Negafire's revelation wasn't new knowledge to him, but the presence of the head of the Coalition of Corruption? That was startling news. It was a shame Negafire apparently couldn't say his name because Viktor would like to have known exactly who it was that might be harassing them.Then again, considered Viktor, Negafire had also confirmed that the Coalition was interested in stopping Lady Hexas. As far as Viktor could tell, this group were closest out of anyone to accomplishing that goal so far. And though his identity had been discovered, Negafire hadn't compromised the mission or let slip any vital Coalition secrets. So the Coalition head ought to have no business bothering them... right..?

Edited by Kumata

OOC: I'm fine, dunno about Darkon, though. :PIC: Hanna (NYC)"Is it far?" she asked, getting into the taxi. Hanna was tired, using her powers like that was harder then she thought. After all of t his was over, she decided to take a nice long nap.The bad thing was that she didn't exactly know when all of this would be over. And her leg still hurt.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Ember looked at the group, slightly surprised at the lack of reaction. "I think... I think we're going to have to watch our backs for the rest of the mission. The Coalition head only stepped in because I compromised certain secrets. He's not going to just stop hunting me. If I revealed certain information, it could cripple or even kill them. They want me dead. And they'll kill anyone near me. We have to be careful."OOC: I was really temped to make a "to save the world" quote. How ironic would that have been coming from Negafire? :P

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: I'm considering killing Strike off. Just to cause some trama.IC: Strike Strike's body continued to twitch and shudder. Unknown to them, he hadn't fell off on purpose. He had been about to flip and land on his feet elegantly... and then it hit him. A small, metal shard. Covered in a acidic-formula, so dangerous it would melt through most substances. And in that acid, someone had implanted an insanely deadly posion. However, not someone had thrown it. Some thing.IC: Ace, NYCAce watched calmly from where he stood, some yards away from the angry crowd. A distraction was exactly what he needed. That being had given him a perfect one. Law enforcement had been following him from the apartment building, but now the crater and civilian danger would be able to distract them long enough.Running through the alleyways, Ace ducked and weaved his way among the many obstacles, caluclating every movement perfectly.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian shrugged and punched Ember in the arm with a grin."Don't worry about it, man. We'll be fine."IC: Siren (TMZ Headquarters, Los Angeles, California)As Paige and Leah entered TMZ, they quickly found that the cover of the team in England hadn't been blown by the news after all: in fact, it had been blown by their own accomplishments."We're still receiving reports from Jodrell!" a bull-chested reporter yelled to one of his subordinates. "We go live in ten! Tell Levin that Hexas' killsat is down and that it's gonna make contact with Jodrell Bank in about twenty minutes!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ember sighed and rubbed his shoulder. "I hope you're right, Saosin. Cuz you realize, it's not just my neck on the line. If you're me 'keeper', it's yours too."IC: Magneta looked blankly around the studio, her mouth agape. "Well... I guess we weren't needed. Wait... 'Make contact'?" She grabbed the nearest intern and drilled him with a glare. "Is the killsat going to crash into Jodrell?!"

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian shrugged and walked over to Lone."What about you? You got any working comm devices?"IC: Siren (TMZ Headquarters, Los Angeles, California)Paige's eyes widened. Tilian..."Uh, yeah!" said the fearful intern. "Initial reports have it landing right on the MERLIN Suite! Can you let me go...?"-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Magneta released the intern and whirled to Paige. "The jet! It's our only shot of getting them out!" Magneta grabbed Paige's wrist and started running back to the jet.OOC: Okay, I know the League jets are super fast, but I honestly don't know if they can get them there in time. Sooo... Can they?

OOC: I was just thinking about any scientists still at Jodrell, and the fact that Paige thinks Tillian is still there... But if you've got a plan, go for it!

IC: (Lone)" I was just checking my comms to see if they were working. it should be good to go. who do you need me to call?" Lone was guessing the league, but you never know for sure.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC - Viktor Borislav @ Manchester AirportViktor was idly listening to the others' conversation as he worked. His wrench, blowtorch and drill all saw use at various stages. But as skilled as he was there was only so much progress he could make with the tools at hand; it was delicate work that took time to perform properly. After a while of working he held up the helmet of his armoured battle suit; parts had been stripped away in order for him to get at the delicate wiring within, and putting it on gave him an eerie resemblance to Hannibal Lecter.It activated. A thick cable connected it to one of the suit's loose power cores; it was enough to run the helmet alone. Whilst the others worked on contacting the League for a replacement jet, Viktor needed to contact Carapace in order to ensure that their clandestine organiser was up to date on everything that had happened. Contact was made and, in as brief terms as possible, Viktor summarised recent events, including the fact that Negafire had caused one of the heads of the Coalition to track them."The primary questions I have of you now," added Viktor afterwards, "is whether you have any new information as to Lady Hexas' possible location," since Carapace had agents worldwide, it was not unreasonable for Viktor to expect them to be doing a sweep of Taiji, Japan by now, "or Operation: Lockdown." That one Viktor had less hope for, but it was worth asking...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian shrugged and walked over to Lone."What about you? You got any working comm devices?"IC: Siren (TMZ Headquarters, Los Angeles, California)Paige's eyes widened. Tilian..."Uh, yeah!" said the fearful intern. "Initial reports have it landing right on the MERLIN Suite! Can you let me go...?"-Teezy

OOC: I thought Kraagh said the killsat had exploded after being hit by a deus ex machina spaceship from that teleportation

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I thought Kraagh said the killsat had exploded after being hit by a deus ex machina spaceship from that teleportation
It broke into pieces. Some of it followed Ike into the wormhole and some of it became space junk.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Lord Rahl, where are you?

OOC: I swear, Real Life chooses the least opportune moment to sneak up on you. Sorry, guys.

OOC: Didn't say they'd thank me, just be used to it. :P Anyway, I get your point. I'll try to be more realistic. The fact that this is about 1960's-style comics isn't helping, though. (Well, I assume 60's, considering how it's all "Doctor Danger" and "Lionheart")

OOC: Considering how easily I misread that post as "TSTW! is set in the 60's," I'll reiterate for clarity's sake that the RPG is set in 2007, the year the RPG began. (As we have yet to progress a year in-game, we've quite quickly fallen behind real time.) :)As for Mr. Mystery, I'll assume for the time being he's currently following the group as quietly as possible, checking to see just how dire the situation might be. As for what we're actually going to do about it, I'll PM Kumata and discuss some options.IC: (Loadstone)"Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant," Loadstone said quickly. "I was using that name to reference the ties between this company and the Coalition; as I mentioned earlier, the names are simply anagramed. We want to put a stop to shipping products to the Coalition, not shut down the company itself." He gave a magnetic shove to Golem-Girl to get her started."Ladies first," he said chivalrously, the door swinging open of its own accord to allow her to exit.~Lord Rahl~

OOC: I doubt any of the pieces would be big enough to do any damage to something on the ground. Satellites - especially ones that have been badly damaged already, and were never designed for re-entry to begin with - have a tendency to burn up in the atmosphere.Even if the whole satellite were falling, undamaged, from the sky, it would have its best shot at taking out a building if it actually fell directly on the building.The Tunguska asteroid is estimated to have been tens of meters across. A military satellite tends to be significantly less than ten meters across, and much less solid than an asteroid.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Hanna (NYC)"His name is Strike!" she snapped, in a tone that startled herself. She could feel the crowd's anger, the little boy's pain, and it only made things worse.Hanna closed her eyes for a minute and focused, drawing on her power. Eventually, the crowd's anger began to fade, and the boy's pain was decreasing greatly."I'm sorry," she said, calming down a bit, "I spoke with him."IC: Gravity (NYC)He grinned, and did the normal thing for chasing a werewolf up the side of a building: he jumped. But this was more then a jump, as Gravity shot over 40 feet into the air with it.And then he landed on the side of the building. Standing there as if the buiding's side was the ground.

IC:(ozo,nyc)"whats taking you so long?"ozo is already higher up than gravity and tragedy.he had turbo boosted his hoverboard,and was now going much faster than the other two.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: I know, but others seemed to be taking the angle that it was going to be a big disaster and they needed to get some superheroes there ASAP.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: How high up was this killsat when it got rammed by that dimension-jumping ship?Because there was a debate a few pages back over space/Ike's perfect self-sustenance and lack of need of breathing. If it was high enough, your major concern wouldn't be pieces raining down from the sky.It'd be the debris field messing up human satellites in orbit... I can imagine the International Space Station would have challenges avoiding a storm of space shrapnel. Less manoeveurable GPS satellites facing a cloud of junk? An even bigger nightmare.Plus it's a great opportunity for the heroes to SPACE SUIT UP! :biggrin:

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ The Foilocution CorporationX-Calibur was just stepping onto the League jet (made visible for convenience) when the metal-bound Golem-Girl stumbled up onto the roof, closely followed by Loadstone, Skyra and Ultionis. Scott Omaha was trailing behind, too shaken up to be anywhere near the villainness that had had him in her thrall for the past month."She's the one, then?" Said X-Calibur. "What was her alias?""Golem-Girl.""Hm... doesn't ring any bells. Either she's a new recruit or one they rarely use. Still, we can look her up in the League's files when we get back." He stepped aside to allow Golem-Girl, who was now levitating due to Loadstone's magnetic influence, to hover into the jet. He hopped in after, saw the others in then closed the door."All set?" Called Miss Tress from the cockpit. When she got an affirmative reply, she followed up with: "Right. Next stop, League HQ..."

IC (Cyrus Lewis - NYC):Cyrus looked at his watch, then made careful note of the signs at the crossroads. "Well, Hanna my dear, I would say that considering New York traffic, we have an hour at best." The man glanced at the girl out of the corner of his eye. She seemed weary. "Are you alright? I can imagine that the amount of emotions in that crowd took a toll on you."On the other hand, the cab driver seemed almost completely careless towards the presence of the weird alien-like passenger. Judging by the telltale brown stains of old blood droplets, this particular taxi driver had seen things more unscrupulous things in his day. He would avoid touching the seat with his hands, at least for now. His faith in humanity already had enough evidence stacked against it. "If you need to take a break, why don't you get some shut-eye? I'll make sure that nothing goes south. Well, except for the taxi.""Pardon me, could you hang a left up at this intersection? It should be a shorter route."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

A profile for approval:Real Name: Neil BoydAlias: NilAppearance: Normal: medium-brown skin, dark eyes; short, neatly-shaved, curly black hair; light dusting of facial hair; lean, athletic body, slightly lacking on the muscular side. Costume: dark blue, with light, mainly bulletproof shoulder, chest, and leg armor and a helmet with a dark visor that simultaneously hides Nil's face and protects his eyes.Power: The ability to send and receive electrical signals and translate them into information as efficiently as one's brain would translate soundwaves into English; this power allows Nil to mentally communicate with computers and humans, provided he is in contact with the source of information; the power has the side-effect of enhancing Nil's brain power to superhuman proportions, granting him very fast reaction times, vastly improved thinking speed, and enhanced eye-hand coordination.Allegiance (League, Coalition, Solo Hero, Solo Villain): Solo Hero, open to employment by the LeagueArea (Where your character comes from): Born and raised in southern California; no official area of protection has been assigned to him.Bio: Neil is smooth as ice. His powers were born of an experiment when he was young; his soldier parents had volunteered their child to be the test subject in a government-run project that would create a superhuman, but what they did not realize was that Neil's increased intelligence would cause him to run away. He eventually found a job as an ISNN reporter and worked his way through the ranks, eventually earning enough money to purchase his own superhero costume. Throughout his hard work, Neil never once lost his "cool". Maybe it was his brain, how it worked so much faster than other people's, convincing him that there was no need to be troubled. Some years ago he reduced his occupation to part-time and, secretly, began fighting crime undercover.

OOC: Been a while since I made any character pics. Here's Lone!

Lone.png

IC - Sluice @ Superbeing Smackdown!Emerging from the realm of dreams, Sluice sleepily opened her eyes. A drab ceiling confronted her. She yawned and stretched, wondering how long she'd been asleep - it must have been at least seven or eight hours, given that she felt restored in the way that only a good night's sleep could provide.She turned over, looking to see if Fellwyd was awake...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Snels, this your que. :PIC: Hanna (NYC)She glanced at Strike, and looked like she was going to protest. Hanna finally nodded, and closed her eyes. "Wake me when we get there..." It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, maybe it was all the negative emotions running around, or perhaps someone was feeling sleepy in the area. Whatever it was, Hanna was just glad to get some shut-eye.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: *eats que*IC: Dreamcatcher - Beach, Dreamworld - Crystal sighed, she'd been all alone on this beach for a while now, she hadn't dared left the beach, that terrifying skeleton man might find her if she did. She yawned, apparently actually being physically in the dreamworld meant she still got tired, she figured she could get some shut eye, maybe enter a few random peoples dreams for the fun of it. OOC: Alright, have Hanna start dreaming, then Dreamcatcher can enter the dream. :)

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Hanna (NYC)Eventually, she began to dream. The almost over-load of emotions earlier made them strange and sometimes hard to understand. Although, eventually she found herself sitting on a bench in NYC, watching people walk by.Where she had started out before.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OCC: @kumata: that looks amazing! thank you. he looks just how i imagined him to be.IC:(Lone)"yes, but i can let you use an earpiece that i have on me thats linked to the armor. i'll need the league comm codes though to get in."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Saosin (Manchester Airport, Manchester, England)Tilian's eyes narrowed slightly and he looked around. It had occurred to him that Mr. Mystery could still be around...He leaned in and whispered the comm codes to Lone so quietly that only the armored hero could hear them, and then pulled away."Alright? Can you do that for me?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Cue. Que is a shortened version of barbecue.IC(Fellwyd): The alien was indeed awake, with no immediate indication that he had been asleep at all.Certainly the other mattress appeared as it had before Sluice had gone to sleep, but with an alien, that hardly meant anything.In fact, the alien had seen the mattress as little better than the floor in terms of comfort, and had spent a few nervous hours sleeping on the floor. Typically, a Diemawr would sleep in a padded and enclosed hammock-like structure, rather like a trussed-up bodybag with airholes.At the moment, though, the alien was standing in a corner, eyes on the ceiling.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom