Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

the Republic had remained intact for a full 25,000 years.

Until the non-movie canon came along with KotOR and TOR. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So I just watched the teaser for the next clone wars episode "Bounty", and a curtain character of note makes an appearance.Dengar has at least a speaking part as a bounty hunter sitting outside a building. There are a few problems with this, among them his age.As I am sure many of you know a teenage Dengar raced a teenage Han Solo in a winner-take-all-race on Agrilat. Han Solo was 5 or 8 during the clone wars and he is older then that when he started his swoop career. Up till this point it was assumed the race did not take place in till after the war was over so Dengar would needs to be only a few years older then Han during the war so he can be about the same age during the race. (He was in his pre-adolescence during the race)But not true, I would say Dengar is about twenty in the episode, witch would make Han Solo in his late teens during the clone wars.More importantly, Dengar has his bandages on; these were part of the repairs made on him by the empire after his accident. Obviously the empire did not exist during the clone wars.And finally, Dengar is a bounty hunter in this episode; he was made an assassin by the Empire after his surgery, after the clone wars were over. Before his race he is supposed to be a nice guy. To conclude, Dengar should be a boy in this time period, perhaps a swoop jockey but defiantly not a killer. That life sould not begin for some time. Right now he needs to be child roughly a few years older then Han with a bright future ahead of him.Look, I can live with messing up Grievous and Ventrass’s back story. But leave the established classic characters alone. Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

I didn't even know who Dengar was, so I'd hardly call him classic in my opinion. And you can't just isolate "classic" ones as "established," because all of the other changes were for things that were "established."That said, and given what you explained about Dengar, it is a pretty stupidly big oversight...But I'm not excited about Bounty much anyways. I can't wait for Brothers in two weeks when Maul finally shows up.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Dengar's the one nobody cares about. He was a guy with a rag on his head and nothing more. Compared to the Lizard Man, Engine-Bot, Bug-3pO, Bugman, and That Guy with the Cool Helmet, he was easily the most forgettable. Changing his backstory is nowhere near as bad as what they almost did with Greivous's.Besides, Ventress's TCW backstory is actually pretty accurate to her pre-established one, just with some retcons.

I just got around to watching "Massacre".The title sums up my opinion on it. Worst episode I've seen so far.

I mean, come'on! Space Voodoo. Bah!

Dengar's the one nobody cares about. He was a guy with a rag on his head and nothing more. Compared to the Lizard Man, Engine-Bot, Bug-3pO, Bugman, and That Guy with the Cool Helmet, he was easily the most forgettable.

I don't think I've seen a single appearance of Dengar outside The Empire Strikes Back.

Woh now :wow: lets not start calling Dengar obscure and forgettable. For the record Dengar was in Return of the Jedi and made five appearance in Jabba's palace. Dengar also made more appearances then Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Zam Wesell, and IG-88. and was voted the #60 on IGN's list of the 100 coolest star wars characters (Better then Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, IG-88, and Durge)This was the guy who rescued Boba Fett after he escaped from the Sarlac and latter Fett would be the best man at his wedding."Payback" even had two Lego minifigure made of him.Sorry, I had to rant. :rolleyes:On another note, I loved massacre. The dark episodes are great and it really made the nightsisters scary. The CIS was preformed incredibly well and General Grievous dominated.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Sure, he got a lot of pick-up in the Expanded Universe, but to the average viewer who's at best just seen the movies (which is TCW's primary audience), Dengar's pretty darn forgettable.I liked "Massacre", even though I think the entire TCW Nightsisters concept is completely over-the-top hokey. Good thing that's probably the last we'll be seeing of them.

Okay, so I just saw The Phantom Menace in 3D, and during the scene "Senate Session," I spotted something I'd never seen before. I made sure to look at my DVD of the movie at home, and sure enough, there it was. There are certain representatives in the bottom left-hand corner of this shot that I find highly intriguing:[image Linked]Out of curiousity, has anybody picked up on this before? Or am I just completely blind to have not noticed it before?~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Makaru
Image over 500kb ~ Linked

Okay, so I just saw The Phantom Menace in 3D, and during the scene "Senate Session," I spotted something I'd never seen before. I made sure to look at my DVD of the movie at home, and sure enough, there it was. There are certain representatives in the bottom left-hand corner of this shot that I find highly intriguing:http://www.majhost.com/gallery/T-O-C/Reality/unexpected_delegation.pngOut of curiousity, has anybody picked up on this before? Or am I just completely blind to have not noticed it before?~Lord Rahl~

They've been known about since the movie was first released over a decade ago. So yeah, you've been oblivious. :PAlso, please don't post images over 500 kB - link to them instead.

Okay, so I just saw The Phantom Menace in 3D, and during the scene "Senate Session," I spotted something I'd never seen before. I made sure to look at my DVD of the movie at home, and sure enough, there it was. There are certain representatives in the bottom left-hand corner of this shot that I find highly intriguing:[image Linked]Out of curiousity, has anybody picked up on this before? Or am I just completely blind to have not noticed it before?~Lord Rahl~

I've known about it since I was little. :PI wanted to see 3D in theaters, but never got the chance. =/

Anyone else catch Bounty?Ventress's model looked... off in this episode. In fact, most of the faces looked off. The episode more then made up for it with it's "Getting paid twice for the same job" high jinks and the decant environment design (*Spaceelevatorspaceelevatorspaceelevator!*).

Edited by BenLuke-116

I loved the planet they visited in Bounty (but the name escapes me right now...), but hated everything else about it. Especially that pink bounty hunger girl. Just didn't care for her at all.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I thought Ventress's facial animation seemed much better than usual, actually. I didn't notice a change with anyone else. Loved the episode overall, though. I daresay it's my favorite since the Umbara Trilogy.I would be totally satisfied if this was the end of Ventress's story for a while now. This episode really gave a nice conclusion.

They've been known about since the movie was first released over a decade ago. So yeah, you've been oblivious. :PAlso, please don't post images over 500 kB - link to them instead.

Whoops, I'm so sorry; I honestly thought the limit was 1 MB. I must have been confusing the regulations here with a different site...Well, thanks for letting me know guys. I'm content with the assessment that I'm observationally challenged. :P~Lord Rahl~

yeah, bounty was good. I didn't really like that pink bounty hunter person, and if they were trying to make us feel sorry for the captured girl, It didn't work for me. and that new robot bounty hunter (I think he's new, right? I'm not into the expanded universe stuff) was awesome.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

This pretty accurately describes my feelings about Brothers:

So I had been thinking during the entire episode how screwed up things were made by bringing Darth Maul back to life. Then I saw the preview for the finale where they make the non-canon comic appearance of reborn Maul canon and all my fanboy angst magically disappeared.

Because, honestly, I didn't like anything about the episode. Except for Metus the snake guy. But I knew he had to die in the end.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I don't know about that. While I agree bringing Maul back, however awesomely, is silly, I thought the episode had some redeeming features. Namely, the fire breathers. Because holy stuff, if those aren't cool, I haven't an idea what is.Though yeah, the Maul thing is still pretty ridiculous, and feels like it's just trying to tie back to Episode I, what with it being rereleased. Hey, maybe when Attack of the Clones comes out in 3D we'll learn Jango Fett never died! Wouldn't that be fun. :mellow:

AXKP5KC.png

I loved "Massacre", but I honestly thought that Grievous was perfectly capable of defeating Ventress on his own. I'm kind of sick of Grievous's own abilities being toned down in order to show him being a coward.And Grievous killing undead Nightsisters? AWESOME.

:kaukau: If you look up "Hero-Killer" he's the example picture for that trope. Ventress is interesting, but Grievous is truly hardcore, and I agree that sometimes they should shrug off doing his cowardace justice and just go with the flow; that being, let him have his moments of awesome when they seem due.Anyway, I don't like that they brought back Maul. He was much cooler in the brief appearance in that one comic where he hunted Obi-Wan down. That particular resurrection much better fit his character.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Just saw the finale "Revenge"...

I was terrified they'd screw it up and Maul would be dead/banished at the end of the episode... but they did not dissappoint.Brothers was a bore, but Revenge is the most amazing thing I've seen in a long while. Maul is restored to his former glory (mentally and in robo-body) and blew my mind... and even better, he's improved since Naboo; using Obi-wan's rage against him to totally school him. The teamup I'd already knew about, but it was interesting to see it unfold and I'm glad they manage to share a sense of humor.The ending makes it a certainty Maul'll return in Season 5 (*squeal*), where I hope they can squeeze in a fight with Dooku... that'd be epic beyond belief.Also, Obi-wan's banter is awesome:"Anything else to say?""I like your new legs... they make you look taller" =3

.... it was amazing. Watch it ASAP!

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

I liked this episode. I was conflicted over the choice of bringing Maul back and "Brothers" didn't do much to change my opinion. "Revenge", on the other hand, actually started to give Maul a personality beyond "Scary dude with a cool yet impractical weapon" or "Gibbering madman with a robotic spider abdomen."Query:How long is the wait between seasons?

Well, I don't really make a habit of watching the clone wars, but if I'm watching TV, and it's on, I watch it. I caught the last 3 episodes of the season a few nights ago, and I have mixed feelings. I don't know whether or not I like them bringing Maul back, since it's pretty hard to survive being cut in half. I definitely felt he should've been less crazy, and I really hope they explain why he was half spider on a junk planet. I really like that they gave him the appearance from the Star Wars visionaries comic. I was again disappointed that he didn't fight with a double bladed lightsaber though.IN other news, I am enjoying my 7 day trial of The old republic. It's more fun than any other MMO I've played. Once I get a better computer, I am seriously considering getting it. I love the conversation system, especially when you have more than one person with you. A random guy and I did the Black Talon flashpoint, and it's really cool to see who speaks. My guy was the guy who got to kill the Captain, and I thought that was so cool. It's a shame about limits though. I can't get any higher than 40 for my crew skills and I'm already stuck at the level 15 cap.I really love the new armor my sith inquisitor just got though. It's a cloak with a hood. Here's a screenshot of my character with the awesome Khem Val behind him (Forgive the bad textures, but I doubt my computer could handle it if they were higher)Here's the pic~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TOPIC!!!!!! AWAKE!!!! TOPI- Good.uuuuuuuh the clone wasi'm trying to catch up. i'm currently 1 ep away from season 3pretty cute show i only watch it so that i can laugh at the screaming clones and the battle droids.my fave eps so far:Landing at point rain (silly clones)The Zillo beast (& the zillo beast strikes back)Death trapBOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!R2 phone come homeFAVE JEDI:#20: AHSOKA#6: EETH KOTH#4: KIT FISTO#1: PLO KOON!Edit: gotta have shaak-ti somewhere on the listBTW the The Clone Wars LEGO minifigs OH MY GOSH THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! <3 <3 <3

Edited by WORT WORT WORT

. .

<--- kfghdjkfhdgmn;

Current season is 4, althhough the last episode aired on March 16.I watch Clone Wars on DVD, not having the right TV stations and not wanting to watch it as it keeps freezing and loading for me online at StarWars.com. Currently watched 6 episodes of season 3 (plus seasons 1 and 2).Favorite episodes:1. ARC Troopers2. Rookies3. Lethal Trackdown4. Shadow of Malevolence5. TrespassFave characters:1. Boba Fett2. Cad Bane3. Plo Koon4. Ahsoka Tano5. Kit FistoOh, and about the Clone Wars Lego minifigs, I know a lot of people hate them, but I really like them. Except Ahsoka, who looks really old.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

• 2 weeks later...

I actually missed two episodes this season, the one with the Death Watch and Massacre. But what I saw of this season I really like. This might replace season 2 as my favorite season.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I kinda liked that the Clone Wars got kinda dark later on.I just don't get how there can be lots of sith in the Clone Wars. Yoda said that there was only 2, a master and an apprentice.

There are not lots of Sith. The rule of two dictates that only a master and an apprentice can exist. Now there is just Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus. Sidious believed that Darth Maul was killed on Naboo so it was legal for him to find a new apprentice. He had no idea that Maul had survived and if he did he would not be able to take on Dooku in confidence with the rule of two. In Sidious's ignorance the rule was not broken. Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress are not Sith but Dark acolytes, dark jedi who follow the dark side but not Sith teachings. The CIS had numerous dark acolytes during the clone wars but never knowingly had more then two Sith.

That is all

:kaukau: Visionaries? You mean, the book with all of those awesome illustrations? By sheer coincidence, I was just reading that a few hours earlier. Out of all the Star Wars graphic novels, that was the one I checked out of the local library to read. Gotta say, I love that thing, between the differing artistic styles, the story with Darth Maul, and Geneneral Grievous. I especially love the inspiration it gives me, both artistically and as far as giving me sci-fi ideas (though the later could be said of Star Wars in general).Out of curiosity, do you understand Wat Tambor's story at all? I guess I've never looked up further information on him, but regardless, his story to me is one giant mind screw.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh