Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,I posted a while ago on here, but I just reviewed the modification.I can see your textures aren't working, and you are modifying a lot of the minecraft files to make this modification. I was wondering if you wanted any help in any department.I do some modding, but enough to know how to fix some of the thing with this modification, and I can do some great texturing, as well as Techne moddeling. Please let me know if you need any of my help. Thanks!Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6

Edited by Black Six

8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg

Hey everyone,I posted a while ago on here, but I just reviewed the modification.I can see your textures aren't working, and you are modifying a lot of the minecraft files to make this modification. I was wondering if you wanted any help in any department.I do some modding, but enough to know how to fix some of the thing with this modification, and I can do some great texturing, as well as Techne moddeling. Please let me know if you need any of my help. Thanks!Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6

It amazes me just how active B6 is on here. Although I guess there are reports and stuff. :P

Oh, and best April Fools idea evar: Doing that randomly in posts just to confuse people.

The modification seems to have hit a bit of a lull here. Is progress still being made?

banner.jpg

You can help in every way, just drop me a pm ok?

It amazes me just how active B6 is on here. Although I guess there are reports and stuff. :POh, and best April Fools idea evar: Doing that randomly in posts just to confuse people. The modification seems to have hit a bit of a lull here. Is progress still being made?
Yeah that report, that totally wasn't me :)No I'm sorry, no progress hasn't been made since my computer broke and is in the shop for repair, I suspect word about it somewere this week, I'll keep you updated.

I'm back!

It amazes me just how active B6 is on here. Although I guess there are reports and stuff. :P

Oh, and best April Fools idea evar: Doing that randomly in posts just to confuse people.

The modification seems to have hit a bit of a lull here. Is progress still being made?

What is it talking about bypassing the filter anyways? I tried to edit my post because it automatically switched m-o-d to "moderator", but i guess i'm not supposed to do that??? :/

Wow, Spring Break has almost passed so quickly, and I barely got anything done! I've been on vacation for the past four days, and missed the chance to work on this entirely. I've still got tomorrow, but between homework and a few other last minute projects, I might not make the first update. I apolgize, but I did kind of expect it would be more of a summer project.Thanks for the review Eastonium, although most of that is Dual Matrix's work. He just hasn't got textures in yet, although we have most of them (check the front page), but as I've told all the people that ask to do textures, if you can find something planned that hasn't been textured yet or you think you could do a better job, be my guest. Same applies to the models, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but haven't had the time. Quick tip, if you want your models to be accepted, try and make them as close as possible to Minecraft's style, with few cubes, and as few as possible strange angles.

Another thing to everyone who is making textures/wanting to for this MODIFICATION. (got it that time.) Greenfish Icon Editor is THE BEST program I've found for making small textures, as it is an icon editor and is quite fantastic and easy to use.Another thing. Click, is there anything specifically you'd like me to work on so the next update could get out there? Coding? a specific Model? A specific texture? Should i convert all our current texture to the new 1.5 format?

Edited by Eastonium

Whatever you can do to help would be great. If you can code, it would be nice to start working on Matoran and Turaga, Koro generation, and tools, depending on where you're at. A Ussal model and texture would be nice, as I'd probably add that as the first Rahi in the Matoran update. 1.5 conversion would be nice, although it's going to be a pain to post all the time. Just look around, I guess. :)

By the way, Takua, B6 would like you to repost your Gali skin somewhere without forums. :D I'll update the link when you get that fixed.

I got all the textures separated in the 1.5 format. I put them in a nicely organized ZIP with nicely organized names as well!(I really like nicely organized things.)You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5r3y9t383syxtuu

Also, I'm currently working on a Ussal Crab Model and Texture and Working with Dual Matrix on updating what we have for our MODIFICATION.

EDIT: Let me know if there are any textures I need to add to this, including armor and mobs (because I don't have any of those yet. :P)

Edited by Eastonium

Well, actually now that I remember, I did make 7 extra sprites. I colored the Gold Masks, and made the Diagonal light stone. (As it was suggested in a earlier post.) So I guess we're both right, and wrong, and confused. XD EDIT: Also, I just created an achievement for this modification:8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg EDIT: Also also, (posting a lot of stuff. 8P ) I made the Mask of Light, and the Mask of Life. Not sure if we'll need to use them, but i was bored. XD8617339011_a0cb4375d0.jpgClick, Just finished the Ussal Crab model, I didn't spend too much time texturing it, but here it is:8619420233_0d5abdb4d4.jpg8619420223_186b3c58bb.jpg Click! I've been working on this for a few hours today, and just finished getting everything updated to 1.5.1 with Forge. I fixed any bugs I found, and added all the textures we had that I could use.Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vaxdzo85x6b7mgvGlad I could help!

Well, actually now that I remember, I did make 7 extra sprites. I colored the Gold Masks, and made the Diagonal light stone. (As it was suggested in a earlier post.) So I guess we're both right, and wrong, and confused. XD EDIT: Also, I just created an achievement for this modification:8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg EDIT: Also also, (posting a lot of stuff. 8P ) I made the Mask of Light, and the Mask of Life. Not sure if we'll need to use them, but i was bored. XD8617339011_a0cb4375d0.jpgClick, Just finished the Ussal Crab model, I didn't spend too much time texturing it, but here it is:8619420233_0d5abdb4d4.jpg8619420223_186b3c58bb.jpg

Like the banner, we should start making some more with actual Bionicle quotes and events in them. Quest for the Masks is getting old, wouldn't you say? And now that we have all the individualized textures, it should be even easier!

I agree with Takua about the masks though, with the proportions being a bit off. My suggestion would be to find a decent picture of the mask, scale it down to 16x16 pixels, and use that as a reference. It's what I did with many of the masks I did, and it greatly improved the look. Also, just a quick nitpick, Minecraft's textures are usually bordered and then 3-shaded. Looks like you've got the shading, but it could use the border around the outside.

The Ussal is not bad, although not quite how I pictured it. I'm not quite sure which version you used to make it; is it the set version, MNOLG-version, or MoL version? It also has a lot of cubes, and I would suggest scaling that down a little bit. Shading can help the eye stalks look better if you make it one cube, and the claws could be one as well with some creative spriting.

Click! I've been working on this for a few hours today, and just finished getting everything updated to 1.5.1 with Forge. I fixed any bugs I found, and added all the textures we had that I could use.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vaxdzo85x6b7mgv

Glad I could help!

Can't wait to try it out, if I had (or wanted to install) Forge. I'd like to see the textures in use though, so maybe I'll try it out. I'll add that to the front page.

Hey Dual, how's your part of the modification going by the way? Like any progress(is your computer fixed yet?)?

Exactly today the 3 Weeks passed and still no news, I'm planning to cycle to the shop one of these days to accuire news.

I'm back!

Hey Click, I'm not sure if you want to put this on the front page, but there's a few missing textures we need for the current version of our modification right now.Here's a list of the items we need:Protodermis Ingot

Protodermis Rod

Protosteel Ingot

Protosteel Rod

Nuva Cube Key (Opens the nuva cube/ destroys surrounding crystalline protodermis)Sealing Sword (places crystalline protodermis)

Staff of Growth

Staff of Hunger

Staff of Poison

You could also suggest GreenFish Icon Editor as a texture creator if you put it up there.

Edited by Eastonium

Got a few things to say:

First, I'm glad to announce my Laptob is back and work on the modification has restarted.

Second:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vaxdzo85x6b7mgv

I don't know if you guys noticed, thanks to this awesome guy the modification has been updated to 1.5.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT EVEN USES FORGE :)

Third:

I registered myself on a forum concerning Minecraft, and if the next update is out(somewhere tomorrow or the day after) a topic will be made there.

I'm back!

Yeah, I'm working on it. I just don't have time today.

EDIT: It is with great regret I have decided to close this topic. Not much has been getting done besides Eastonium's and Dual's Modifications, and I really haven't contributed all that much. Not to say I never will, but as of this moment, I lack the time to do any coding. Dual, Eastonium, and I have been PMing, and we've decided to split, and they will work on their own modification, which can be found here. They're both talented modders, and they'll need your help to make sprites and beta test. We just decided to split because of my lack of progress and because of our differences in opinions on what should be in the modification.

When I feel I will have time to work on my ideas, I will open a new topic. Hopefully, that will come with a first release. I hope to work on this again soon, and I apologize for being so slow to work on it.

Edited by Click