The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Do you guys have mics?

I do, but im using my old one under mt newer one, because the new one doesn't want to work for whatever reason.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I have a mic. I'm pretty sure everone here has a mic, unless it broke. Then they might not.

I played the new Spartan Ops missions, and I love the new maps. I'm really glad they arn't reusing so many map areas from campaign, and the introduction of a new covanent vehicle in-game is pretty cool. Shame you can't drive it.

Then again, if you could drive something as big as a map, that'd be pretty OP.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

yeah, as long as he isn't like Ptolemy's brother, he's welcome to join.

War...war never changes.

My brother is a second grader who is twice as addicted to Halo as I am, and is so pathetic at it he only plays on Normal. He can only manage Heroic and Legendary when I'm his partner in co-op. (In which case he proceeds to let me weaken everything then steal my kills) But we only do that at the arcade, since I don't own two controllers.

He also has the social graces of Megatron, and cusses frequently.

I'd let him join, but I care about all of you keeping your sanity a bit too much for that.

So, what's Ptolemy's brother like?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wow. A 13 year old behaving that badly?

Well, if I show up, I do have to ask you all not to cuss excessively. Only the word beginning with F, the word that means poop and begins with S, and the word that means a female dog beginning with B could cause problems. Anything else doesn't really count as cussing to me. And my parents would be irritated if any of those words were used.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, on Matchmaking, and in person where I live, the F-word is used by the general population so much that it appears as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, interjection, preposition, and coordinating conjunction. So I wasn't sure what to expect.

Aaaaand update: I rented the game! So, there we go. I'll try to get on tomorrow at 9 AM. Not very different from my usual weekend schedule, I usually spend a Saturday on the Xbox due to not being able to play at all on weekdays.

But if I'm late, it's due to waking up late, real life issues, or the fact that I need to update my armor and a loadout before I start.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I made a Ragnarok variant with two of every vehicle, except the Mantis, which has 4.

Also put a custom gametype that REALLY should have been in Matchmaking: Slayer FFA.

Learned how to Forge, obviously. So there, now I don't stand around like an noob when we go for a mass forging session.

I got a headset and a second controller, so no more garbled Kinect speech. And now I can welcome in my (voiceless, so no more of his nonsense because I shut off the Kinect mic) little brother, who is surprisingly less noobish than his age would suggest. He's starting to play bits of Legendary.

Who's up for another Game Night?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'm up for another game night. I definately want to play more Zero-G with my ridiculous speed and weapon gametype. That was fun...

Wait did I put that up last game night or on another game night? I don't remember, but it was fun anyways. Thruster packing around while everyone else trys to shoot you with incineration cannons, or FRGs, or binary rifles...random weapons are fun.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I might be up for a game night, but the N7 bounty weekend is fairly easy, and I'll be going for that. Maybe i can spare a few rounds of mulitplayer...

War...war never changes.

I did all of Episode 1, the first two missions of Episode 2, missions 2-5 of Episode 3, and not sure how much Episode 4.Did most of it with Lonewander and Zatth.Anyway, the lag takes a while to get used to, and it does increase your difficulty, but it can be done.What I hate is how everyone simply charges in unrealistically, and I must follow suit if I want to help them or get any kills. Can we please actually try to do this with 3 deaths per person max? If we use strategy, we can pull it off, which is impossible solo.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I don't own Halo 3, unfortunately.

EDIT: Using this post as storage (And possibly advertisement) for a Halo RPG I'm making. This is meant to be the first IC post of the RPG, acting as an intro. Originally it was going to be in the first post before everything else but it's too big and I need to be able to fit the more important stuff, like gameplay rules, in the main post.

"Obitai! Nenshin bokaron ardu shin! Rotaro morte karzon!"

[board! It is on this ship! Kill all in your way!] No sooner had 'Mdama's transmission reached the helmet of the Elite Warrior than the ship's hull had been breached in a weak spot. The whoosh of an Energy Sword's swing, heating the air around it and leaving a trail of blue smoke, met the ear of an unlucky Marine, both metaphorically and literally. By the time he heard it, it had cleaved his head in two. "Covenant have breached the ship! We need Spartans!" The Marine's fastest squadmate jumped aside from the wall comms as fuel rods struck them. The message had been sent, and he returned fire. Smoke and fire filled the air as he tried to direct a single bullet toward the head of the Grunt responsible for the attack. "Argh...just a little bit more..." With every shard of metal that flew from the gunfire, the Grunt seemed to move and shoot yet again. Never once could the marine catch him reloading, not a moment's rest from the incessant stress of combat. "I'll cover you! Get all the Grunts first!" His other squadmate sprayed and prayed, firing at a charging Elite Commander with his Assault Rifle. "What I wouldn't give for a SAW!" He raised his gun in defense, but the blow from the Elite's foot sent it flying into his face, producing a crack barely audible in the fight. "Orkin dehu shin mayga acluos! Akhdan entoros tor Janus Key, bin shaynara Sangheili morte vin!" [Close in on them, they have their backs to the wall! Save one and find out if he knows where to find the key, then kill him and show these fools the true ruthlessness of the Elites!] The Commander took out his Covenant Carbine and began to fire, relishing the scattered gunfire of the helpless Marines hitting his energy shield. It was being weakened, little by little, but he knew he would not likely die. And what is death in battle to a true Elite but honor? One by one, the Jackals sniped the Marines down, precise headshots piercing their helmets and penetrating their brains. The towering Zealot approached the last one and watched the 'honor' spill from his companions. He began to speak in plain English, plain if slightly broken. "Janus Key's location. Reveal it and be honored." I serve the people of the UNSC. I live its values....never accept defeat..quit...only in death. He did not want to give up. But he could not stop himself from making excuses. He let his fear in, slowly, but much too fast. I'm...part of the UNSC. Never leave a man behind...am I doing that if I let myself die? And I stand before death, right? Can I quit? "It's...in..." "WORAAAAH!" The Zealot released the Marine and whirled around in sync with the rest of the Covenant forces. The Warrior had been grabbed by the head, and through the open hole in his chin, given a knife to rest with him. "Demons! Morte dakarin akshion!" He pulled out his Concussion Rifle and began to fire. "Let's move, Leviathan team! Engage, flank, and assassinate, just like the War Games!" A white and blue Spartan charged in, as the glare of the Elite Commander flashed in the visor of his Scout-class helmet. He aimed precise shots with his Lightrifle at the Grunts with ease, while his blue and gray companion charged at the Elite full auto, moving to throw off his aim. He jumped behind cover to switch to his Magnum, as both their shields were down, then lashed out nearly as fast as his shot. The Commander dropped dead, but the Spartan wielding the Lightrifle had run out of ammo. He held a Plasma Grenade at the ready. "Sir...there was a Zealot." A red and orange Spartan slowly attempted to approach the Marine, his back to the wall, stolen Needler at the ready. Blue flashed out in front of him, breaking the thick dust and smoke to shine through...and to stab through. A few rounds could be fired, but the shielding was not broken. "NOW!" The Spartan with the Plasma Grenade threw it to stick the Zealot, who dived away and was met with the Assault Rifle fire of his squadmate. The Zealot had a similar order, one with a deadlier purpose. "WORT DAREHN!" [Go, now!] There was no pain, only shock. Too much shock for words, even if the Spartan could speak in his condition. He came burning down, not falling, but disintegrating. First the head, then the torso. The arms were burned off at the shoulders, but they hovered there much like the arms of the attacker. Hovered, until they too burned up, and finally were followed by the legs. A red ring re-appeared around the head of the Promethean Knight, with two others by his side. Binary Rifles...NO! The last Spartan in the room met the same fate. Hope was lost. As if to preserve himself before the Zealot, in his infinite rage, forgot why he was still alive, the Marine yelled quickly. "It's in the labs! On this ship, right now! Scientists are trying to figure out what it does without the other half!" The Zealot turned around slowly. "Labs' location. Speak quickly, Reclaimer." "On the other side of the ship!" In rage, the Zealot roared, scaring the Marine into unconsciousness. He did not feel the slash of the energy sword. "Hindaton arke--" "Sandiren, Duten. Anshin mortus netinthun...kutai Knights ni doron." [No, Duten. It is unwise to die in vain, with your skills. Take the Knights and fall back.] 'Mdama was never one to respect tradition, but he would bring power enough to make up for it in the eyes of most Storm Elites. Surely, the Zealot known as Duten thought, he could do no better without following orders. And so, when the next squad of Spartans arrived, they found only a hole in the ship left by a Boarding-class Phantom. --- "End the security feed, Roland." Lasky turned to look at the tall, clearly irritated woman behind him. "They're after the key." Palmer glared down at the captain of the Infinity. "The other half of the key that Halsey gave them." "Halsey gave us our half as well. She's not a traitor, Sarah. Majestic's report made that clear." "If not a traitor, then a war criminal. Our orders from ONI still stand." Palmer turned and left the deck, stepping briskly and with slight force. Lasky sighed a bit longer than was considered usual. He looked at the holographic model of the Infinity. The repair crews knew what to do. Thankfully, the Covenant had attempted to board the ship quite far from their objective...though now they knew their mistake. "Brave marine, huh?" "Roland, now's not the time. That attack was only the beginning. It was a scout team, the kind that confirms intel." The kind that confirms intel...intel from Halsey. --- "Do not take me for a fool, Doctor Halsey! Shall I have your other arm removed as well?!" Jul 'Mdama grabbed the doctor by the neck, then glanced back. Constantly, nervously, he was checking to make sure the Janus Key half in his possession had not been stolen. Halsey had deceived him before. Though the words were spoken in Sangheili, the doctor understood them well. "You asked me where a weak point in the Infinity was. I gave it to you. The labs were not at that weak point, and you did not ask." Likewise, the Covenant leader understood English, but he preferred his own language by far. Some aspects of his Sangheili honor were, in his mind, obsolete. To never tactically retreat, to commit suicide in dishonor, these were the things a remnant of a once-powerful empire could not afford. What resources, however, could be wasted by speaking in his own tongue? "You are impatient, Doctor. But I am much the same." he warned. "You can't kill me." Halsey knew the response, and 'Mdama knew she knew it. No words were wasted in explaining that she could still be caused infinite pain. "I want you to prove that you'll get me the revenge I seek. The Office of Naval Intelligence. They orchestrated much of the program responsible for creating the Spartans, the Demons you so desperately fight against. They--" "The Demons do not bring us desperation! We fight with honor and strength! There is no fear in our hearts." "Nevertheless," she firmly stressed the word, clearly irritated, "the group I mentioned gladly funded and supported my project, and now they put all the blame on me. They even ordered a hit squad on me for it, to cover up, to get me out of the way so they can..." She realized she was going too far off topic, and quickly spoke again to prevent interruption. "I will tell you where the labs are if you--" "We know where the labs are, human! There is nothing we need from you at the moment! We will keep you alive, Doctor, but you will not touch my half of the Key. I have other matters more urgent than your own desires. You will have your revenge when you offer us something for it!" Thrusting Halsey back into her cell and reactivating the energy barrier, Jul 'Mdama turned and walked toward the ship's bridge.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I havnt played halo as much as we have before, but I'm glad to say I'm getting back into it and look forward to game nights I'll be having at my own house (which you can still join us via online!) and the game nights we've had before! I plan on getting castle dlc today as well, and maybe making a map on the new forge island.

Well, its been over 5 months since this game came out and Im absolutely loving it. I WAS going to have a custom game night, but my XBL is down. If anyone wants to add me, please do so we can play. I have about 8 people in my group but there is always room for more.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!