Was the Kardas Dragon unique?

Did Vezon or the Mask of Life just come up with the name Kardas for a newly-created type of creature, or was the giant Fenrakk transformed into a member of an existing species called Kardas (possibly with extra powers granted to this specimen by the mask)?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I would assume it is unique, because BS01 always says "The Kardas Dragon," as in one. It's also very unlikely that Fenrakk would change into an existing species, and we haven't seen any other Kardas Dragons.

I don't think we could say either way, but it would be seriously cool if there were a population of Kardas Dragons living somewgere in the MU.We know that the mask of life has used pre-existing beings as templates before (such as the Dekar-Hydraxon transformation), so this might be another example, or it could have made a customised monster. There's nothing in canon to say which, but just for awesome, I lean towards the existence of others.

ppg2.png

I think that the Kardas Dragon is a unique creature, and that Vezon just came up with its name on the fly. After all, Vezon did say, if I remember correctly, that as long as he and Fenrakk were cursed by the Ignika, they couldn't be beaten. Fenrakk would just come back in a more terrifying form after each time it went down. That 'more terrifying form' that it took when it first went down was Kardas. If Kardas was beaten, then it would've come back something even stronger.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Considering the mask kept the basic face style of the Fenrakk rather than totally transforming it into something else, I'd say it's virtually for sure it's a new creature, though not sure what the name means. Likely something having to do with what the Mask added to it.Any Makuta that felt like it should be able to design a similar Rahi though, and it's possible the inspiration for what was added came from actual dragon Rahi. They probably wouldn't share the same face design, but the basic shape could be the same.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 3 weeks later...