• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Movie Changes

Movie Change Edits

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,316 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 13 2013 - 10:57 AM

tehy wer teh n00bz and dint kno hao to manige ther elimintle enrgee

Anyways, Hakann and Thok had sword guns, right? BS01 says they allowed them to channel their elements through them without another skakdi.

Hakann had a lava launcher, not a sword. Thok had an Ice Gun, not a sword. 

Lava isn't Hakann's element, which is Fire. 

No. 

#162 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 311 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2013 - 08:35 PM

It shot lava because it had stone in it, his fire element melted the stone and the weapon fired it. 

Want to know how to make a blind Toa cry?

Give him a Kanohi Hau.

#163 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,316 posts

Posted Jun 13 2013 - 09:15 PM

It shot lava because it had stone in it, his fire element melted the stone and the weapon fired it. 

I never saw this portrayed in the story anywhere. Is that on BS01 too? It is canon that Skakdi weapons can enable the use of their elemental powers, but those were guns, not swords, therefore they aren't sword guns in any event. 

Nektann, on the other hand, might have actually had one. That Crystal Scythe of his. 

#164 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,395 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2013 - 10:23 AM

I dunno if this was brough up before, but I think the movies could have used elemental powers. For example, Takanuva using light beams (like in Dark Mirror), Nokama shooting water, that kinda stuff. If this was already brought up, please forgive me. I obviously forgot if such a post exists in this topic.

In BIONICLE: Mask of Light, we did see some substantial use of elemental powers. Rarely was elemental energy fired directly at an opponent, probably to keep the heroes from seeming too violent, but Kopaka used his ice powers to freeze the Rahkshi in a lake, Takanuva used his light powers to blast the statue at Kini-Nui into the image of Takua's mask, Tahu used his fire powers to heat a rocky cliff and dig his tools into it, Lewa created a tornado when fighting the Rahkshi during the climax, and Gali shot water blasts at Tahu and the Rahkshi at various points in the movie. There are several other examples I can't think of off the top of my head.In LoMN and WoS, there were plot-related reasons that the Toa couldn't use their elemental powers.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#165 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Lhikan used elemental powers at one point and Gali healing Tahu.

Taipu still won't love me.

tumblr_mn04u212Bs1rlaa4qo1_r1_500.png

taipu

i love you

love me back

my darling taipu

#166 Offline Driskull

Driskull
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 27 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 03:36 PM

MoL: Change that awful Rahkshi design. LoMN: Add at least a minor scene with the Morbuzakh.WoS: Not really much to say about this one.TLR: Destroy it and replace with 06 movie.

Vahki_Yr4.PNG

^ Best year.

Proud to be from the Great White North

:flagcanada:

#167 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 311 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 04:03 PM

WoS had good designs for a kid's CGI movie.

Want to know how to make a blind Toa cry?

Give him a Kanohi Hau.

#168 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,395 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 04:55 PM

MoL: Change that awful Rahkshi design.LoMN: Add at least a minor scene with the Morbuzakh.WoS: Not really much to say about this one.TLR: Destroy it and replace with 06 movie.

LoMN included a minor scene with the Morbozakh, actually. Well, not a scene, perhaps, but the Morbuzakh appeared in Vakama's segment of the montage showing how the Toa Metru got the great disks. Personally, I think LoMN was better off without the Morbuzakh. Typically I dislike villains in action figure themes that can't actually be built from LEGO, and I genuinely felt the Morbuzakh (including the King Root) was one of the less interesting antagonists of BIONICLE.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#169 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,360 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 06:57 PM

MoL: Change that awful Rahkshi design.LoMN: Add at least a minor scene with the Morbuzakh.WoS: Not really much to say about this one.TLR: Destroy it and replace with 06 movie.

LoMN included a minor scene with the Morbozakh, actually. Well, not a scene, perhaps, but the Morbuzakh appeared in Vakama's segment of the montage showing how the Toa Metru got the great disks. Personally, I think LoMN was better off without the Morbuzakh. Typically I dislike villains in action figure themes that can't actually be built from LEGO, and I genuinely felt the Morbuzakh (including the King Root) was one of the less interesting antagonists of BIONICLE.

To be honest, I feel like the Great Disks were overemphasized in the films. Parts like when Whenua says "What a waste," after "Dume" says the Toa must be tested more don't mix well with the storyline as a whole. The Vahi could have been introduced just the same.

99% of BZPower members have abandoned this fad.

If you're part of the 1% willing to cling to it out irrational nostalgia for the old days of BZP, copy and paste this to your signature!

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here to meet Chomper, my 2002-style Rahi MOC!

#170 Offline Ziontyro Metalhead

Ziontyro Metalhead
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 10:27 PM

I would make it so The Legend Reborn goes to the end of the Bionicle line, instead of ending at the completion of the giant robot.

#171 Offline Sybre the Mental

Sybre the Mental
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2013 - 10:47 PM

I would make it so The Legend Reborn goes to the end of the Bionicle line, instead of ending at the completion of the giant robot.

Or what about a sequel?

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#172 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,316 posts

Posted Jul 11 2013 - 10:21 AM

Or what about a sequel?
They should have done a movie version of Journey's End.

#173 Offline bristolianharpie

bristolianharpie
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 11 posts

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 01:41 PM

I would have liked the characters (particularly in MOL) to look more like the original sets. I didn't like how different they looked and the overall style of the movie.

Also I second the Morbuzakh comment, it would have been good to see more of that in the plot.

tumblr_mq91muC1DV1syvasao4_250.giftumblr_mq91muC1DV1syvasao6_250.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users