Movie Changes

Sybre

I believe that each one of all four Bionicle movies would be better if it adds more characters. :)
I respectfully disagree with that. I think that the movies had too many characters, since they didn't have time to give them all proper development. More characters would have made it worse.

I believe that each one of all four Bionicle movies would be better if it adds more characters. :)
I respectfully disagree with that. I think that the movies had too many characters, since they didn't have time to give them all proper development. More characters would have made it worse.
I personalyy think each movie should have been a trilogy, so at least all six heroes at that time could have been expanded upon (Whenua, Onewa and Nuju for example)

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I personalyy think each movie should have been a trilogy, so at least all six heroes at that time could have been expanded upon (Whenua, Onewa and Nuju for example)
I personally would have found that long and boring. I'm glad they didn't do it.

Maybe not a trilogy - but what about a TV series? If you think about it, it's a good fit for BIONICLE - each year is a more or less standalone story with a large cast of characters. I'm (re)watching LOST right now, and I think it's a perfect format for the story should BIONICLE ever make a return - and it would have been a great format originally.Although... I don't think I would have gotten into Bionicle in the first place if it was a TV show like Pokemon or Transformers. I saw Bionicle a few times in 2001 and thought "this looks stupid"... until I got Comic 1 in the mail. The next day, I bought Kopaka.

IrMSNn3.png

Maybe not a trilogy - but what about a TV series? If you think about it, it's a good fit for BIONICLE - each year is a more or less standalone story with a large cast of characters.
Believe me, a TV show would be awesome! If only...
Yes actually, A TV show or a web series would be much better, and you can put the emphasis of different characters in each epsiode

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I'd just have them let Greg be the story and screenwriter and do things however he wants. The fact that the Web of Shadows novelization was amazing proves to me that Greg in charge of the movies would have made them better (I think they were all good, but they could have been better.)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

To be honest, I'd just have them let Greg be the story and screenwriter and do things however he wants. The fact that the Web of Shadows novelization was amazing proves to me that Greg in charge of the movies would have made them better (I think they were all good, but they could have been better.)

How does that prove anything? I guarantee the differences between the WoS novelization and the movie were all either scenes that were in the screenplay but got cut or clarifications that were only possible through narration.Greg consulted on all the BIONICLE movies if I'm not mistaken, and as a member of the story team he would have had some say in what could and couldn't be in the movies, but we have no reason to assume he would be just as good a screenwriter as he is a novelist. They're two different kinds of writing, and lucky are those who have just as much talent in both roles.

I would've re-done the first three films with the style that "The Legend Reborn" used, considering they were faithful to the sets for the most part.

MOL: I would've preferred the story be focused on the Toa instead of it being a Matoran film. That, and Takua overall wasn't that great of a character. The flash animations made him look much better.

WOS: Vakama needed his turn to evil feel a lot more organic, the Hordika venom helps with this a little bit, but it can only go so far.

TLR: The story felt like it played it way too safe. I felt like I had seen this movie a hundred times over with the same characters. I would also bring back Nathan Frust, his music is phenomenal and works great with the films.

Those are a few that pop in my head, considering I haven't watched the films in awhile.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Aside from the obvious ones that have been mentioned (Matoran and Morbuzakh), there's something else that bugs me about LoMN. Not sure if it would actually make the movie better (in fact it likely wouldn't be), but I would've liked to see a few more Dark Hunters pop up (not just the movie- the overall Metru story arc). Perhaps TSO would send in an assassin or two after realizing that Nidhiki and Krekka couldn't take care of Lhikan and the Metru (who I agree should've used their elements in the movie) on their own. I'd pick some of the better known ones, such as Lurker or Lariska.

Just a thought.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Aside from the obvious ones that have been mentioned (Matoran and Morbuzakh), there's something else that bugs me about LoMN. Not sure if it would actually make the movie better (in fact it likely wouldn't be), but I would've liked to see a few more Dark Hunters pop up (not just the movie- the overall Metru story arc). Perhaps TSO would send in an assassin or two after realizing that Nidhiki and Krekka couldn't take care of Lhikan and the Metru (who I agree should've used their elements in the movie) on their own. I'd pick some of the better known ones, such as Lurker or Lariska.

Just a thought.

I think Nidhiki and Krekka suited it just fine. Plus, Lariska wasn't introduced until 2005, and the Dark Hunter contest wasn't until even later. More than that, I like that our first view of the Dark Hunters was two interesting members, and then we were fed more information later on (like how TSO and Lariska are introduced in 2005, and with the DH's role in Legacy of Evil and the DH guide in 2006).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

MoL:

There needed to be an epic fight scene at the end. Simple.

LoMN:

The Morbuzakh should have been added into the movie.

WoS:

They should have had more character development and alot less of that junkie "cus that's what friends do" garbage. lol

TLR:

Recall all existing copies, burn them, bury them in the desert, and then nuke the site.

Then make a totally new and epic version.

67685335.jpg             

• 4 weeks later...
For Web of Shadows, I would have made the plot of that movie actually match the book of the same name. That's all it needed, really - the differences from that are what killed it.And a different ending song.It would have been nice to have had the Zivion in there, but that would have made it too long.As for the rest of the movies, I like them as they are.

Pretty much this, though I'd change MoL to have a bit more action and have a better climax (as well as more of a fight against the Rahkshi at Kini Nui.)

I'm surprised how many people wanted Takanuva and Makuta to fight in Mask of Light. Personally, I think the idea of a Kolhii match to decide the fate of the Matoran is way cooler than any more violent fight could have been. It also plays perfectly into Teridax's personality as a trickster and manipulator-- presenting his confrontation with Takanuva as a game is an excellent way of messing with the Toa of Light's mind.

MoL:There needed to be an epic fight scene at the end. Simple. LoMN:The Morbuzakh should have been added into the movie. WoS:They should have had more character development and alot less of that junkie "cus that's what friends do" garbage. lol TLR:Recall all existing copies, burn them, bury them in the desert, and then nuke the site.Then make a totally new and epic version.ron_burgundy.jpg?w=500

Your signature goes perfectly with that post.

IrMSNn3.png

Mask of Light: Rewrite the Matoran relationships, and focus less on them and more on the Toa. Get rid of the stupid Kolhii match at the beginning. Make the Rahkshi and Makuta more threatening. Actually have Takanuva and Makuta duke it out. Get rid of all the inexplicable stuff that makes no sense, like Takanuva turning the giant Mata Nui head into a giant Takua head, freezing Turahk gold, Lewa using Tahu's sword to create fire, Lewa carrying Pewku, lack of mask/elemental power usage by the Toa, and the entire ending. All the voices need to be changed. Dialog needs to be rewritten. More exposition for people who aren't familiar with Bionicle. Characters need to be redesigned.

Legends of Metru Nui: Focus more on Whenua, Nuju, and Onewa. Totally change Matau. Don't give Matau two mask powers. Make Makuta more threatening. Once again, new dialog, voices, animation, etc. Take out all the cringe-worthy slapstick humor.

Web of Shadows: Fix all the glaring plot holes, so probably a complete script rewrite. Focus more on the Toa besides Vakama. Have Vakama turn evil more slowly, and have the other Toa also kind of go crazy. Totally redo the Rahaga. New voices for everybody except possibly Roodaka, but give her voice actress some acting lessons or something, because her performance was kind of obtuse. Take out any attempt at humor.

The Legend Reborn: Nothing in that movie really works. Everything's got to go and be completely redone.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Mask of Light: Rewrite the Matoran relationships, and focus less on them and more on the Toa. Get rid of the stupid Kolhii match at the beginning. Make the Rahkshi and Makuta more threatening. Actually have Takanuva and Makuta duke it out. Get rid of all the inexplicable stuff that makes no sense, like Takanuva turning the giant Mata Nui head into a giant Takua head, freezing Turahk gold, Lewa using Tahu's sword to create fire, Lewa carrying Pewku, lack of mask/elemental power usage by the Toa, and the entire ending. All the voices need to be changed. Dialog needs to be rewritten. More exposition for people who aren't familiar with Bionicle. Characters need to be redesigned.

Legends of Metru Nui: Focus more on Whenua, Nuju, and Onewa. Totally change Matau. Don't give Matau two mask powers. Make Makuta more threatening. Once again, new dialog, voices, animation, etc. Take out all the cringe-worthy slapstick humor.

Web of Shadows: Fix all the glaring plot holes, so probably a complete script rewrite. Focus more on the Toa besides Vakama. Have Vakama turn evil more slowly, and have the other Toa also kind of go crazy. Totally redo the Rahaga. New voices for everybody except possibly Roodaka, but give her voice actress some acting lessons or something, because her performance was kind of obtuse. Take out any attempt at humor.

The Legend Reborn: Nothing in that movie really works. Everything's got to go and be completely

Im interseted in how you think Matau should be changed.

Also are you saying you dont like the voice for Vakama? If that's the case I dont think we can be friends XD

The Legend Reborn: Nothing in that movie really works. Everything's got to go and be completely redone.

Vakama had a great voice, and Matau only had one mask power, Illusion. The "flight" was use of his elemental powers seen throughout the story, and for some reason the director or script writer didn't realize that Matau had flown before.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinewav

I personally found Vahkama too whiny in his films (especially the 3rd film) so I would have made his character with a little more back bone.

Really my biggest wish is that they may a film version of the Voya Nui saga.

I'd just wish the first movie, Mask of Light, had had better animation. My favorite movie is the second, Legends of Metru Nui, mostly due to the great animation, but in the first movie, the island of Mata Nui, my favorite location, looked rather painfully bad CGI, the characters don't look enough like the sets, and the Toa's masks looked more organic than metal.

I didn't shut up yesterday, the day before, why should today be any different? - Personal Quote.

Those who want Makuta Tridax to be official, jump in the air.

I'd just wish the first movie, Mask of Light, had had better animation. My favorite movie is the second, Legends of Metru Nui, mostly due to the great animation, but in the first movie, the island of Mata Nui, my favorite location, looked rather painfully bad CGI, the characters don't look enough like the sets, and the Toa's masks looked more organic than metal.

For a film made in 2002/3 I though the animation was very decent. Definitely watchable. With all due respect, it shouldnt be graphics that make a movie

The one thing I would really want changed would be the design of characters in TLR, Seeing as these characters were supposedly more organic than in the years before, I was hoping it'd be reflecting in the film. Instead we got the really ADD spinning axles and the like. Just... disappointing.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

I watched LoMN AFTER reading the books, and was disappointed that the fight with the Morbuzahk didn't appear. In my opinion, two movies about the Toa Metru is not necessary and make only one. I think there is too long of a time gap between WoS and TLR. they should make a movie for 2006-07, about the Toa Inika(Mahri) saving Mata Nui's life. Also, TLR was lacking depth, in my opinion.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

MOL: give the other turaga more lines, or make them appear more, have the toa and turaga have some significance during the battle with terry other than just standing around.

LOMN: show backstory of nidihki and lhikan's relationship, have the finding of the disks take up more time, AND add the matoran and ahkmou's betrayal.

WOS: show backstory of hagah, other than that I can't think of much. :P

TLR: Show mata nui being cast off, be less comedic, like the trilogy, and either show the new body rising or the final battle between terry and mata nui (I know that would probably would have been covered in the next movie, but it was never made.)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

MOL: Change animation style to look more like the sets, Involve all the turaga,(at least a cameo).

LOMN:Change animation style, give the disk matoran a role, a morbuzak fight.

WOS: Make sidorak seem less stupid, give the rahaga lines, get rid of whenua's infamous line, include the zivon.

TLR: Give Kina a better voice actor, should also include the 2010 storyline-the final showdown with Makuta.

There should also be movies for every year-not just four.

Edited by Toa Enax

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I would have made Vahkama's chacarter less whiny in the Metru Nui films and showing more leadership qualities while still making mistakes like all new leaders do.

As opposed to a change however my biggest desire would be to make a film version of the Voya Nui saga.