• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,273 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 03:30 AM

Posted ImageThe Uruk-hai of Isengard are marching across the lands of Rohan, forcing King Theoden and his people to take refuge in the fortress of Helm's Deep. Protecting the fortress are the Ranger Aragorn, the dwarf Gimli, and the Elven warrior Haldir, but can they hold out against the mighty onslaught of Uruk-hai? The Battle of Helm's Deep set captures the epic battle from The Two Towers film, and BZP Reporter xccj takes a detailed look at it. Read on for the review.View the full article

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,274 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 08:57 AM

Excellent review! If I had the money or built castle, I would definitely buy this. Given the prise and lack of Legolas, though, I might save up for the Mines of Moria- although it's lower price-to-part ratio kills me!

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#3 Offline Blizzard Hazard: Valendale

Blizzard Hazard: Valendale
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 368 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 09:57 AM

I too have very much enjoyed this set. I just wish that the center building had been connected tho the rest in some way.
Posted Image
"Cast aside your desires...and fight."
3DS FC: 2492-4241-6189

#4 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,794 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 11:18 AM

I too have very much enjoyed this set. I just wish that the center building had been connected tho the rest in some way.

It is on the top at least, where there's a small bridge linking the top of the outer wall to the top of the inner wall.All in all a decent review, although I spotted a fair number of typos. But the substance of it was pretty flawless.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#5 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 11:46 AM

Nice review and nice set. This one's really good, I think it's worth every cent you'd pay for it. After all, it's LotR... :P I'd gladly buy it, though I doubt I'd have some place for it on my shelf. It's quite big.

halo4-spartans.jpg

#6 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 838 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 12:46 PM

Nice review! ou make me wish I just happened to have 130 dollars just hanging around, but I don't. I can't even manage to raise enough money for weathertop! I might have if things such as polybag ghosts, ninjago character encyclopedias, and new brickmaster books stopped coming along! Oh well. You might want to check on the last photo link, because it takes you to the the exploded wall picture instead of the theoden's hall pic.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#7 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,459 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 01:21 PM

Apparently, I have very lame editors who didn't catch any of those spelling mistakes. :P Yeah, and I messed up on those last two picture links, I'll fix that when I'm on a more solid connection.And, yes, this set is crazy expensive, but also crazy cool.:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#8 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,228 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 03:18 PM

I must say this set looks gorgeous. Just a wee bit expensive though for Canadians :(

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#9 Offline Blizzard Hazard: Valendale

Blizzard Hazard: Valendale
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 368 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 08:33 PM

It is on the top at least, where there's a small bridge linking the top of the outer wall to the top of the inner wall.All in all a decent review, although I spotted a fair number of typos. But the substance of it was pretty flawless.

Unfortunately, the bridge does not attach to the main building due to its angle.

Posted Image
"Cast aside your desires...and fight."
3DS FC: 2492-4241-6189

#10 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 09:52 PM

Gotta be honest, when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was a Legends of Chima review. :P

#11 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,118 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 03:23 AM

Looks pretty cool. Expensive decorations. :POr "expensive bucket of rare bricks and miniature people", if I read that review correctly.:)

Edited by fishers64, Nov 05 2012 - 03:23 AM.

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#12 Online Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,019 posts

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 11:02 AM

I wouldn't know where to put this set if I bought it, because I don't have any free space in my room for it. :PBut still, this looks like a great set. Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#13 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,538 posts

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 08:52 PM

This looks like one of those sets where I'll buy it and feel like I really didn't get my money's worth. But maybe my expectations for modern sets are too high.

#14 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 11:36 PM

This set is so expensive, I will never LOOK at it.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users