• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Avenger

Digital Art Krayzikk BZPRPG Character

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 04:01 PM

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Well, it's been a while since I've posted any art on here, so it's (about time) I did.  This is another BZPRPG character, Krayzikk's character... Krayzikk...[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Yeeeeeeeeeah.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Just your friendly neighborhood Titan Toa.[/color][/font]

Posted Image(Clickable link)

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Sketched in pencil, colored in photoshop. (No tablet, :()[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I'm really glad how this one came out, and overall, I'm quite pleased with the result.  Unfortunately, I had to go back and re-do the shading, but no biggie.  I tried to get a bit more artistic with this one, but that Kualsi was a... erhm... really hard to stylize.  (krayzikkbro your description was one sentence long  ;-; )[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Comments and criticism welcome![/color][/font]

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#2 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 04:53 PM

Very nice ;)

I like the way you're getting more 'life-like' and not clinging to the sets too much.  And the glow works really well :)

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#3 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 05:35 PM

That looks really cool, I wish I was as talented as you.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#4 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 08:50 PM

Wow, that's really nice. The only question I have though, is how did you color it so well with a mouse? It must've taken a while. o_o

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]One word: Layers.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(218,165,32);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]They do amazing things if one really takes advantage of them.[/color][/font]

#5 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,071 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 11:45 PM

well i have to say he is quite muscular and armored

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

aQ85UI0.png

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

My new Sprite-shop is open.  Click the image above to head over to the topic.

#6 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 10:06 PM

Overall, it's a very good piece. The shading is done nicely, and black and light blue always go really well together. He's quite the bulky once.

Some trivial things are that his left leg seems to cut off really early and his left hand can't be seen. It's not a big deal, but noticable nonetheles.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#7 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 01:58 PM

Overall, it's a very good piece. The shading is done nicely, and black and light blue always go really well together. He's quite the bulky once.

Some trivial things are that his left leg seems to cut off really early and his left hand can't be seen. It's not a big deal, but noticable nonetheles.

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]That's a result of my laziness, and also the fact that .jpg doesn't save quite right from Photoshop.[/color][/font]

Really nice, man. Keep it up.

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Thanks![/color][/font]

#8 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ooh, tough-lookin' warrior. Nice and bulky, too. I like the sword and the... Spiked chain... Thing. Yeah, not familiar with all the names of medieval weaponry...

I think I see what you did with the layering, it looks good. Got some nice texture in there. The pencil-or-ink-or-whatever is a little splotchy, but I like the effect. I also like his relation to the background. It almost looks like he's emerging from a bank of fog.

Dramatic...

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#9 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ooh, tough-lookin' warrior. Nice and bulky, too. I like the sword and the... Spiked chain... Thing. Yeah, not familiar with all the names of medieval weaponry...

I think I see what you did with the layering, it looks good. Got some nice texture in there. The pencil-or-ink-or-whatever is a little splotchy, but I like the effect. I also like his relation to the background. It almost looks like he's emerging from a bank of fog.

Dramatic...

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I'm big on the whole "gritty" feel that the lines give, part of the reason why I didn't clean it up before scanning the (pencil, BTW) sketch.  And that was partly the intendend effect with the background, glad I pulled it off at least a bit. :)[/color][/font]

This is so awesome I nearly died. True story. Nice work man!

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]D:[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Don't you go dying on me, man.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I need you.[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(0,0,205);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]._.[/color][/font]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users