• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Dark Hunters Wanted Poster

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Captain

The Captain
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Anger Rampant

• 05-October 04
  • 5,726 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:16 PM

I was working on a larger art project consisting of different wanted posters from games, TV shows and movies, and I was feeling nostalgic, so I cooked this up. Oversized Image linked.Please link to images over 500 kB. -B6

Edited by InnerRayg, Jan 16 2013 - 04:19 PM.

hauban4.png

#2 Offline Kimiko Kusanagi

Kimiko Kusanagi
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,813 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:49 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Whoa, cool idea.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]I couldn't do better, but some critique anyway- the back of Nidhiki's head looks like it's pointing up (and he seems a tad too feminine), and Krekka's eyes, well, don't look too much like eyes, I guess.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]The hand lettering of the poster instead of using a Matoran alphabet font makes it seem a bit more realistic for some reason, too.[/color][/font]

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#3 Offline The Forgotten Wonder

The Forgotten Wonder
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 09:38 PM

Now that's a poster worthy of being on Bionicle, if they were still alive.

picsart_1423812255637.jpg

(Cancelled until more pics are actually taken)

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#4 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-February 10
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 10:03 PM

What If I´ve also seen six peculiar Skakdi causing trouble around? 

#5 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,039 posts

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 01:27 AM

amazing. and long time no see captain

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Darvin-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Self-Proclaimed Lord of Ice Picks

#6 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 23-March 03
  • 12,846 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 05:28 AM

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Edited by InnerRayg, Jan 16 2013 - 05:29 AM.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#7 Offline Mare Tranquillitatis

Mare Tranquillitatis
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 11:02 AM

I must say, the idea is really original. Considering how Metru Nui was so metropolitis-like and more technological than most of the locations we've seen during the years of BIONICLE, it sounds perfectly legit.

I also like very much the scars you drew on their armors and the black/white coloring of the wanted DH. But I have to agree with InnerRayg that Dume's mask stands too much out in comparison. It doesn't fit with the rest, but I think I can see why you did so. I'd suggest you to add some color somewher else to balance the drawing.

#8 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 03:09 PM

The link's broken. You should probably fix it.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#9 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 23-March 03
  • 12,846 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 04:20 PM

The link's broken. You should probably fix it.
No worries I took care of it ;)

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#10 Offline Queen of Noise

Queen of Noise
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Riot Grrrl

• 25-May 03
  • 8,923 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 04:31 PM

Haha look at Ray doing actual mod work and pretending he's an active mod hahahaha love u ray

anyway i like yr style of drawing bionicles, it's p. unique and cool - i particularly like your nidhiki design, the way it's comprised of circles and rounded shapes.  U got good eye 4 cool designs and y'oughtta draw more bionicles.  everybody likes bionicles

btw, i like your avatar, but have you tried kraken rum?  I used to be a captain morgan standby, but now i can never go back; the kraken is ace

EDIT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ABBREVIATION OF "MODERATOR" IS STILL FILTERED LOL

Edited by Smeagol4, Jan 16 2013 - 04:32 PM.

bring back "an cool dude"

#11 Offline The Captain

The Captain
  • Premier Member
  • Master of Anger Rampant

• 05-October 04
  • 5,726 posts

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 10:21 PM

What If I´ve also seen six peculiar Skakdi causing trouble around? 

That's actually a really good idea for another one. I might look into that :P

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Actually, Dume's face was handrawn. I put one of the default filters over it on Photoshop after uploading because the idea was that it was like a stamp of approval. While I agree from a design perspective I should have positioned it elsewhere, like a top corner, and perhaps made the Hunters colored while leaving his stamp black and white, but I thought it'd be interesting if his stamp was ominous and futuristic looking. 

This wasn't done as a serious piece, although I'd be interested in redoing it with more of a design perspective along side another poster for the Pirahka perhaps.

Edited by The Captain, Jan 16 2013 - 10:26 PM.

hauban4.png

#12 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,039 posts

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 04:14 AM

i have to say i noticed upon closer inspection that krekka's  middle body part kind of looks like a face of sorts

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Darvin-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Self-Proclaimed Lord of Ice Picks

#13 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-July 07
  • 1,665 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 12:21 AM

[color=#000080;]This poster artwork is quite interesting, I like how the Dark Hunters were inked. What is bothering me is Turaga Dume's mask, how come that part of the poster is textured, because I thought our attention would be on the wanted Dark Hunters? Plus the consistency, because it looks like it was just added there.[/color]

[color=#000080;]Overall, I like the design of the poster and interesting texture for the background.[/color]

[color=#000080;]Lehvorak[/color]

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

#14 Offline Cayde-6

Cayde-6
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 02-January 12
  • 4,523 posts