• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Dark Hunters Wanted Poster

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Captain

The Captain
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Anger Rampant

• 5,725 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:16 PM

I was working on a larger art project consisting of different wanted posters from games, TV shows and movies, and I was feeling nostalgic, so I cooked this up. Oversized Image linked.Please link to images over 500 kB. -B6

Edited by InnerRayg, Jan 16 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,602 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 08:49 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Whoa, cool idea.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]I couldn't do better, but some critique anyway- the back of Nidhiki's head looks like it's pointing up (and he seems a tad too feminine), and Krekka's eyes, well, don't look too much like eyes, I guess.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]The hand lettering of the poster instead of using a Matoran alphabet font makes it seem a bit more realistic for some reason, too.[/color][/font]

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#3 Offline Shadow Flaredrick

Shadow Flaredrick
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,493 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 09:38 PM

Now that's a poster worthy of being on Bionicle, if they were still alive.

Bionicle Hitman VI: Final Hour Guns, Explosions, and hoards of countless enemies!

Join before all 11 spots are filled!

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#4 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 472 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 10:03 PM

What If I´ve also seen six peculiar Skakdi causing trouble around? 

main_topic.jpg

#5 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,848 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 01:27 AM

amazing. and long time no see captain

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#6 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,841 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 05:28 AM

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Edited by InnerRayg, Jan 16 2013 - 05:29 AM.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#7 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 514 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 11:02 AM

I must say, the idea is really original. Considering how Metru Nui was so metropolitis-like and more technological than most of the locations we've seen during the years of BIONICLE, it sounds perfectly legit.

I also like very much the scars you drew on their armors and the black/white coloring of the wanted DH. But I have to agree with InnerRayg that Dume's mask stands too much out in comparison. It doesn't fit with the rest, but I think I can see why you did so. I'd suggest you to add some color somewher else to balance the drawing.

rorschach.jpg

"Give me smallest finger on man's hand. I'll produce information. Computer unnecessary."

#8 Offline TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

TNT-Vezon with an Olmak
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 563 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 03:09 PM

The link's broken. You should probably fix it.

new_sig_legacy.png

#9 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,841 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 04:20 PM

The link's broken. You should probably fix it.
No worries I took care of it ;)

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#10 Offline Princess Grr

Princess Grr
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Riot Grrrl

• 8,921 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 04:31 PM

Haha look at Ray doing actual moderator work and pretending he's an active moderator hahahaha love u ray

anyway i like yr style of drawing bionicles, it's p. unique and cool - i particularly like your nidhiki design, the way it's comprised of circles and rounded shapes.  U got good eye 4 cool designs and y'oughtta draw more bionicles.  everybody likes bionicles

btw, i like your avatar, but have you tried kraken rum?  I used to be a captain morgan standby, but now i can never go back; the kraken is ace

EDIT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ABBREVIATION OF "MODERATOR" IS STILL FILTERED LOL

Edited by Smeagol4, Jan 16 2013 - 04:32 PM.

DON'T SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO HURT OTHERS
FIGHT CORRUPT AUTHORITY

#11 Offline The Captain

The Captain
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Anger Rampant

• 5,725 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 16 2013 - 10:21 PM

What If I´ve also seen six peculiar Skakdi causing trouble around? 

That's actually a really good idea for another one. I might look into that :P

I like the drawings, but I have to question why you chose to use a digitally altered photo for Dume's mask? It would have been more stylistically consistent if you had drawn it as well. Compositionally speaking I also have to wonder why you wanted his face centered and colored in unlike anything else - it makes him the focus of the poster, when realistically a wanted poster is going to have its victims as the main subject. If I were you I'd bring the two portraits closer together, and either lose the Dume mask completely or move it to below the portraits so that it's still a component but not the main focus like it is now.

Actually, Dume's face was handrawn. I put one of the default filters over it on Photoshop after uploading because the idea was that it was like a stamp of approval. While I agree from a design perspective I should have positioned it elsewhere, like a top corner, and perhaps made the Hunters colored while leaving his stamp black and white, but I thought it'd be interesting if his stamp was ominous and futuristic looking. 

This wasn't done as a serious piece, although I'd be interested in redoing it with more of a design perspective along side another poster for the Pirahka perhaps.

Edited by The Captain, Jan 16 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,848 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 17 2013 - 04:14 AM

i have to say i noticed upon closer inspection that krekka's  middle body part kind of looks like a face of sorts

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#13 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,663 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 12:21 AM

[color=#000080;]This poster artwork is quite interesting, I like how the Dark Hunters were inked. What is bothering me is Turaga Dume's mask, how come that part of the poster is textured, because I thought our attention would be on the wanted Dark Hunters? Plus the consistency, because it looks like it was just added there.[/color]

[color=#000080;]Overall, I like the design of the poster and interesting texture for the background.[/color]

[color=#000080;]Lehvorak[/color]

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

#14 Offline Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •