Approved by Spink
Credit to Fantasia at Shattered Mask Productions
The Ninjago RPG
Excerpts from Jay’s Journal
Nearly a year after the defeat of the Overlord:
The strangest thing happened today. I was in Ninjago City buying some final supplies for the academy when the sky grew dark. A whirlpool formed in the clouds, focused around the tallest building in the city. Then, from the center of the whirlpool came a bright purple orb. As I looked at it, it appeared there were five shapes in it. The orb flew off, and the skies brightened.
A few days after the last entry:
Today, The Academy of the Ninja opened, on the same grounds the Monastery once stood. Everyone was there, and many students applied immediately. The five of us ninja will be busy over the next few days.
One month after the opening of The Academy of the Ninja:
So much has happened in the last few days. We know who the five figures I saw in the orb are. They are evil versions of us five ninja: Lloyd, Kai, Cole, Zane and me. The evil Lloyd, (who calls himself Lord Garmadon) stole Darreth’s crown and united the Skulkin, Serpentine and Stone Army against us. Luckily for us, we aren’t alone.
This is where you come in. You will take on the role of a student at The Academy of the Ninja or a member of the Serpentine Tribes, and your enemies.
(Credit to Peabody Sam for writing these in Dino Attack. Mostly copy & pasted from there.)
Rules are important to the survival of this RPG. Breaking them will result in penalties depending on which rule and how severely it was broken.
1. All BZP rules are in effect here. This means no spamming, no flaming, etc.
2. Do not kill official LEGO Characters. It's alright if you kill your own made-up characters, but if Kai or Sensei Wu dies, I'm going to ask you to change your post.
3. Keep violent descriptions down to minimal. Instead of typing "IC: Swing, swing, swing! He swung his sword at the Serpentine just for fun, and laughed as he saw its guts spill out onto the street!", write "IC: He swung his weapon at the Serpentine, whose life came to an abrupt end."
4. Do not kill other players' characters without their consent.
5. Trainee Ninja are limited to the Ninja Glider. Trainee Serpentine to the Snake Cart, and Standard Ninja and Serpentine are limited to the vehicles outlined in the class section. Any rank can use the vehicles of a rank below them. Elements can never use vehicles of other elements or the vehicles of other factions. Unless my consent is given, they may not use any other vehicle. The same goes for powers. Trainee are limited to Spinjitzu or Fang-Kwon-Do
6. No God Modding. If your character leaps across a fifty-mile canyon, or defeats two hundred Stone Swordsmen single-handedly without breaking a sweat, that's G-Modding. Don't do it. It makes the RPG less challenging.
6a. There appears to be a bit of confusion over the term 'G-Modding'. In this context, 'G-Modding' refers to giving your character ridiculous abilities. Apparently, another definition of 'G-Modding' is controlling other people's characters. The former is what's not allowed, but the latter is allowed in this RPG.
(Credit to Dino Attack.)
Guidelines are like the rules. However, breaking of the guidelines only results in a warning.
1. Instead of adding more PMs to our inbox, if you've got something you want to tell me about this RPG, do so in your post. That’s why the "OOC" part of the post exists.
2. Use "IC" when In Character (describing what your character is doing in-universe) and "OOC" when Out Of Character (to talk and discuss with other BZP members). This way, it is less confusing for other members to read your posts. For example:"OOC: I bought a 9450 Epic Dragon Battle on eBay yesterday!IC: Kai spun around in his Blade Cycle. He dodged the Serpentine Mech, and began to plan a solution to defeat the robot."
3. Please know that at times I can be extremely busy and cannot always attend this RPG. This means that we may not add your character's profile to the character list as soon as you post it. If we have not added your character's profile, do not, repeat, DO NOT hassle us or PM us to get it added. Patience is a virtue, you know, and although I admit that I lack patience, I hope you have some instead. Be considerate.
4. Do not PM your profile to me. Post it here instead.
5. If possible, make your posts medium-length. Epics are not required for each post, but posts with one or two in-character sentences don't add much to the RPG. This RPG tries to see how well you and other members can interact and take control of the story; while this can be achieved through short posts, it take far less time with medium-length posts.
6. If you are planning to leave this RPG, please let us know in advance so we may take your profile down from the character list. If you're only going on break, tell us so that I do not take down your profile.
7. Keep interaction with other LEGO themes down to minimal. It's alright if your character has backgrounds in another theme, that’s okay, but keep it as simple as that.
8. For most vehicles are they are the size of the set. The only exceptions are the Destiny’s Bounty and the Serpentine Bus, these are the size in the show. Try to keep your vehicle real. Don’t just suddenly be in it or have it appear out of nowhere.
Light: The green energy Lloyd uses. Can fire lasers, and orbs of energy. Elite masters can make a green fire. Color is green.
Fire: The art of the flame. Can shoot fire balls, make fire whips or breath fire. Members usually have a temper. Color is red.
Earth: The mastery of stone. Members have exceptional strength and masters can fully control earth. Color is black.
Lightning: The control of electricity. With this one can shoot bolts of lightning and masters can create shields. Members are usually quick-witted and agile. Color is blue.
Ice: Users of the cold. One could fire freeze bolts and masters can lower the temperature in an area. Users are normally extremely serious. Color is white.
Hypnobrai: Masters of hypnotism. They can turn their enemies under their control. Color is dark blue.
Fangpyre: Carries of Snake-transforming virus. They can turn people and vehicles into snakes. Colors are red and white.
Venomari: Venomous snakes. Their venom can cause hallucinations and odd vision. Color is Green.
Constrictai: Super-strong tunnelers. They have no sort of venom. Colors are black and orange
There are four ranks: Trainee, Standard, Elite and Master. Ranks are for players, so if you get Elite, both of your PCs are Elite. All players start as a Trainee. Upon ten good-sized IC posts, they will become a Standard Ninja. Elite rank is achieved by having good merit. Master is the moderator rank, there may never be more than one at a time. It is achieved by exceptionally good merit.
Trainee: Powers: Spinjitzu
Vehicles: Ninja Glider (30080)
Weapon: No special perks
Clothing: First suit used.
Standard: Powers: Fire: Fire Balls
Earth: Earth punches
Ice: Freeze Bolts
Lightning: Lightning Bolts
Vehicles: Fire: Kai’s Blade Cycle (9441) and Kai’s Fire Mech (70500)
Light: Lloyd’s Mech (70505) and a Green version of (2260)
Earth: Coles Tread Assault (9444) and Cole’s Earth Driller (70502)
Ice: Zane’s Snowmobile (9445) and Ice Spider (70504)
Lightning: Jay’s Storm Fighter (9442) and Jay’s Jetpack (70501)
Weapons: Golden version of chosen weapon
Clothing: ZX Armor
Elite: Powers: Complete Elemental Control and NRG Form
Vehicles: Ultra Sonic Raider (9449) and Ultra Dragon (9450)
Weapon: Energy version of chosen weapon.
Master: Vehicles: Destiny’s Bounty (9446)
Clothing: Kimono with shoulder pads
Can issue missions and use canon characters
Trainee: Powers: Fang-Kwon-Do
Vehicles: Snake Cart (Snake Version of 30087)
Title: Scout, no tribal tattoos
Weapon: No special perks
Standard: Powers: Constrictai: Enhanced strength level
Venomari: Venoms cause vision distortion
Hypnobrai: Hypnotize non-player characters
Fangpyre: Turn non-player characters into snakes
Vehicles: Bite Cycle (9447) and Rattle Copter (9443)
Title: Soldier, have some tribal tattoos
Weapon: Gold version of chosen weapon (Can enhance Serpentine powers)
Elite: Powers: Constrictai: Higher level of Strength than Standard + Tunneling
Venomari: Venom causes hallucinations
Hypnobrai: Hypnotize PCs in two IC posts, only one if victim is willing
Fangpyre: Turn PCs into snakes, and vehicles into snake vehicles
Vehicles: Fangpyre Truck (9445) and a Pygmy Devourer (9450)
Title: Warrior, many tribal tattoos
Weapon: Energy version of chosen weapon
Master: Vehicle: Serpentine Train
Title: General, snake tail
Can issue missions and use canon characters
The Sensei’s: Both of the two brothers: Wu and Garmadon. Both have equal control of all four elements and know Spinjitzu. They are the headmasters of The Academy of the Ninja. The duo are very old men, but they have incredible power.
Lord Garmadon: An evil version of Lloyd Garmadon from an alternate dimension. It is currently unknown how he became evil, why he came to our dimension, or how he came here. Physically he looks like Lloyd, but with black hair, pale skin and red eyes. He controls Shadow instead of Light, and dresses in purple instead of green. Shadow can do all of the things that Light can, but is purple. Lord Garmadon posses all four dark elements, and knows the Dark Dragon Fighting style.
The Dark Ninja: Evil versions of the four original ninja. Each has a dark version of their original element, which can corrupt one, or due the normal things for that element. Look like the original evil ninja from our universe, but we know they are the actual ninja from their dimension. Each has the ability to make a dark dragon, like Lloyd’s Golden Dragon ability, but they become the dragon. Each wields the Golden Weapon of their element.
The Serpentine Kings: Originally the Serpentine Generals, they have received a new title from the new Lord Garmadon. Their Snake powers are the greatest of any Serpentine. The informal leader of the group is Skales, and the lesser members are Acidicus, Fangtom and Skalidor. Each carries a Snake Staff that shows their leadership over their tribe.
The Five Ninja: The original ninja, Lloyd, Zane, Cole, Jay, and Kai. Each controls one element. They all teach their respective element at The Academy of the Ninja. Lloyd wears his Green Ninja outfit for casual wear, and his golden suit for battle. For more, go to the Ninjago Wiki.
Nya: Samurai X. She now a weapon teacher at The Academy. If need be, she will enter the Samurai X mech again. She knows spinjitzu, but she keeps this a secret. No body knows this, not even the ninja. She also acts as the tour guide for tours around The Academy.
The Academy of the Ninja: A school founded dedicated to the art of the ninja. It was built on the remains of the Monastery. It serves as the main base for the ninja and teaches students on stealth, mastery of their element and the art of weaponry.
Forest of Tranquility: An average forest that contains a rare element: Relaxum. This element calms one down incredibly, and is being mined by the united armies. It is unknown why Lord Garmadon’s forces want it. To prevent the mining, the Fire Temple has been turned into a citadel controlled by ninja.
Ninjago City: The largest city in all of Ninjago. The ninja bought the entire building that their fancy apartment had been located in, and have turned it into a branch of the Academy, where important ceremonies occur and Elite ninja live.
Ouroboros: The city of Ouroboros has been completely renovated by Lord Garmadon. It has modern buildings, many walls and defenses. This is the opposite of the Academy: It is the base of the united armies. At the center, where there was once a Slither Pit, stands Lord Garmadon’s palace.
The Five Tombs: The five Serpentine tombs have been converted into bases for the united armies. They have electricity and modern comforts. All are heavily guarded and nearly impossible to break into. Hypobrai entrance is located in the Nothern Provinces, and is the laboratory for the united armies. All of the tombs have been linked together, making one giant base.
The Caves of Despair: The forces of the evil Lloyd Garmadon are mining a special, practically indestructible metal called Inumium here. To stop the mining, a section of the cave was converted into a fortress. It is very easy to get lost here, and many poisonous creatures lurk in darkness, so you must always have light and a map here.
The Nothern Provinces: A barren, frozen wasteland, this is the location of a major battle site. The ninja control the Ice Fortress, where the Shruikens of Ice were found, and the Serpentine have a tomb here. The ninja are trying here to prevent the expirements that the united armies are performing in the Hypnobrai tomb. The Nothern Provinces are off limits to Trainee Ninja and Serpentine Scouts.
The Dark Island: The Dark Island is infested with Skulkin, Serpentine and Stone Soldiers. Many cities populate the island, all controlled by the united armies. The forces of evil are mining Dark Matter here, and are refining it. Refined Dark Matter gives one red eyes and pale skin. The only base the ninja have is the Mountain of Light. The mountain that contains the Temple of Light has been turned into a huge fortress. The battles that rage here are very dangerous, so the Dark Island, like the Northern Provinces is off limits to Trainee Ninja or Serpentine Scouts.
The Sea of Sand: The second largest location out of all of them, only rivaled by the Dark Island. The Sea of Sand is the blandest of all the areas, merely a desert. What it contains is of note, however. The city of Ouroboros, Ed n' Edna's Scrapyard, the Mountain of a Thousand Steps and the Anacondrai Tomb can all be accessed here. Also, dotted across the sand are many ruins.
The United Armies: After arriving in our universe, Lord Garmadon stole the Helm of Darkness and took control of the Stone Army. He united the Skulkin and Serpentine together with the Stone Army to take over the world. Vehicles of separate factions are generally used only by their respective faction. The Skulkin are living skeletons that come from the Underworld. They have the ability to use elemental powers of the original four elements equivalent to Standard Ninja power. The Serpentine have four different powers: The Fangpyre, turn objects into snakes with a bite; Hypnobrai, mind control enemies; Constrictai, burrow through the ground and Venomari, make enemies hallucinate. The Stone Army are nearly indestructible warriors made out of rock that can only be defeated with elemental powers.
The Ninja: The original four ninja has built an Academy to train future ninja. They are the main opposition against the United Armies, as the country of Ninjago abolished it's army many years ago, as there were no opposing sides in any war. At the Academy, there are five different choices of elements: Fire, Earth, Lightning, Ice and Light.
If you want to study at the Academy and defend Ninjago, fill out this form. You may have three (3) PCs, and as many NPCs as you want. I recommend you have at least one ninja and one Serpentine. Your PCs have to be ninja or Serpentine, but your NPCs can be samurai, average citizens, Skulkin or Stone Warriors. If one of your characters dies, then you can create a new one.
Name: Pretty obvious. Can be ninja/oriental themed, but doesn’t have to be. Snake name should be just a first name, and should not be human.
Gender: Self-explanatory.Element/Tribe: Element is for Ninja, Tribe for Serpentine. Light cannot use other four elements.
Weapon: Choose a melee weapon. This will be your primary weapon. Gets upgraded with each rank (See Rank Perks). If it is simple or on this list, you can use it. (Just a note, you can only choose ONE.)
Personality: Describe what your character is like.
Background: Where did your character come from? Describe it here.
You have the story, you have the enemy, and you have the setting. Go out, and defend Ninjago.
Edited by Canis Lycaon, Dec 01 2013 - 11:03 AM.