• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Who You Gonna Call?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,459 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ghostbusters! Which I'd imagine is a phrase uttered more than once by the LEGO fan who recreated the iconic Ghostbusters HQ. At the link, he's got all kinds of pictures showing the various details of the incredible creation. Inspiring work!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5979]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 03:45 PM

This is insane! :o All the detail they put in it! It looks just like it! This really makes me wish I had more pieces and free time. This is a fantastic job!

Now if only they would do the giant marshmallow guy from the first movie...

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#3 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hey, I reported this too!

No, nevermind, I didn't actually like the movie but this wants me to see it again just to see how accurate the thing is. Only, where's marshmellow dude? :)

I'm back!

#4 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,151 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 05:24 PM

That has a lot of detail. I never watched Ghostbusters before, but it looks pretty amazing. Oh yeah, I think the Ghostbusters phrase is a bit clinche.

#5 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,195 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 05:30 PM

Okay... this begs to be made into a real Lego set!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#6 Offline Kohaku

Kohaku
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Record-Setting Speed Builder & Senior Staff

• 17-May 03
  • 2,416 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'd rather call Luigi, the Ghostbusters don't seem to be doing much these days.

That is an amazing creation though, I love the sheer amount of detail.

Posted Image

#7 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 06-January 07
  • 1,754 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 01:54 AM

Hey, I reported this too! No, nevermind, I didn't actually like the movie but this wants me to see it again just to see how accurate the thing is. Only, where's marshmellow dude? :)
[color=#336699;]In this case, I think the source is referring to Kotaku, the gaming news site, not a member. If multiple members reported this, it would be his choice to either credit "BZPower Members" or the source site. It looks like he just chose the latter.I'd like to make the obligatory "needs a Stay-Puft Marshmallow ghost to scale" comment, but I think that would do a disservice to all the effort the creator has put into this model already. I wish I had a copy of the movie on-hand just so I could compare all the gadgets and miniscule details in every room. This really is a fantastic achievement.[/color]

Edited by Kakaru, Feb 23 2013 - 01:54 AM.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#8 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 26-January 03
  • 5,618 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 02:02 AM

I built the same building a year and a half ago for work, but nowhere near this detail. I'd love to take this into the shop tomorrow and tell Dan it's time to redo ours :P

MinewellSig.jpg

#9 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 06-April 10
  • 1,667 posts

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 10:57 AM

Man, that is cool. For one horrifying moment when I read the title, I thought they were moving ahead with Ghostbusters 3 and were going to make Lego sets from it.

If I had an infinite amount of Lego bricks and as much time as this guy does, I'd probably build a Hogwarts.

#10 Offline KZN02

KZN02
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 16-February 09
  • 982 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 04:03 PM

What are you gonna use?

(Nynrah) Ghost Blasters!

Posted Image

#11 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 09:28 AM

What are you gonna use?

(Nynrah) Ghost Blasters!

I saw you post this same thing on another site. I've learned to recognize you online as the person who makes obscure Bionicle jokes on non-Bionicle sites. :P

Anyway, regarding the actual MOC, it's really excellent. Ghostbusters might be a good subject for a Cuusoo project, although this particular MOC probably wouldn't work as well due to its size. I can only imagine what such a dense, large building might cost.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users