LEGO Simpsons?

ToaJaller77

I'm really surprised that LEGO would promote The Simpsons. Not only is it not a kid's show, but it doesn't make too much sense financially: the AFOL market will no doubt be high, but that only represents a fraction of the fan base, and sales would not cover the cost of licensing and production.If this line lasts more than a year I'm going to be shocked.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I agree. Normal LEGO-sets usually have a story line, or you can easily make one up. This is a comedy cartoon, so you'd have to write a funny script before being able to play with them..

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

It allows lego to use more yellow skinned minifigs again I guess.

I'm not sure if its a good idea. I reckon there's a market for it, as such a wide range of ages watch the Simpsons, but at the same time...a lot of those ages probably shouldn't.

Still, I look forward to a giant 'Lard Lad' figure. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Meh. I'm kind of torn on this one. For one thing, I'd love to see the Simpsons characters as sets. I can imagine a lot of amazing new parts, from Bart's hair and Krusty's head to donuts and Squishees. However, I'm not sure they would be a good fit for Lego. The Simpsons is not a kids show, so a huge portion of the target audience, the kids who are not allowed to watch The Simpsons, is immediatly cut out from the possible consumers. Second, The Simpsons is based primarily on the characters. As we have seen before, such franchises do not succeed in Lego. Look at Lego Star Wars' immense popularity, then look at the insignificance of Lego Indiana Jones and Spongebob. While lines like Star Wars, which are centered around things like vehicles and droids provide lots of play possibilities, lines like Spongebob are limited to 5-7 different figs, each fig with 2-3 variants, and the sets are essentially reenactments of specific scenes. Do you know how well a minifig can portray a character? Minifigs are limited to 2 expressions each, and character-based franchises center on a small cast of characters, and anything besides the characters are essentially backdrops. And the Simpson's "backdrops" aren't even remotely interesting. A house? A school? A convenience store? Everything would probably actually sell better if made more generic and sold under City or Creator. The only draw would be the characters and their props. But I don't feel like buying a $30 set just for 4 figs, would you?

aouROFb.png