• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Art Dump

Collection BZPRPG Photoshop Styled Dumping Art

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 03:24 PM

Alright, so after my first piece with Mr. Embok, I decided to do a few more.  All are in relatively the same style, which I'm liking very much.  [Note: all links contain quite large files, though they have been converted to .jpg for reduced size]

First off is Ketan, another BZPRPG character.  Known by some as Greed, and leader of the "Toa Arete" who are currently protecting Ga-Koro.  Well, they say that they're protecting the village.  >:]

Posted Image

Next two are random Toa.  No real story or anything, I just wanted something to draw.  First is a Toa of Iron with some glowing sword.  Or something.  Don't know what his Mask is, so whatever works.

Posted Image

And this one's a Pakari Nuva-wearing Toa of Fire.  His lower body isn't there because... it's obscured by intense out-of-focus flames.  Yeah.

Posted Image 

This one here is actually a recolor of one of my older works, Toa of Ice Kethrye, which I wasn't entirely satisfied with.  I'm happy with it colored in this new style, but the drawing itself could use some work...  Still, he's running throught a blizzard, so it's okay.

Posted Image

And this last one is one of my own characters for the Loophole RPG.  He doesn't have a name yet, and not much is known about him.  Well, besides the fact I used him once to dish out some Staff Hurt.  Yes, he is a Toa of Air.  Yes, that is a Vahi.  Yes, he is from the future.

Posted Image 

And that's it.  C & C greatly appreciated.

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#2 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 625 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 03:53 PM

dude. you have some talent as a drawer. I am stunned at the simplicity and yet the awesomeness of it. I especially like the brown Toa with the glowy sword thingy. I do have a question: you said that he was simply a random drawing, not a character. you wouldn't mind if I used him as an RPG Character, would you?

76561198084895102.png

Feel free to add me on steam c:

#3 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 04:00 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(255,0,0);]dude. you have some talent as a drawer. I am stunned at the simplicity and yet the awesomeness of it. I especially like the brown Toa with the glowy sword thingy. I do have a question: you said that he was simply a random drawing, not a character. you wouldn't mind if I used him as an RPG Character, would you?[/color][/font]

Thanks a bunch!

I quite enjoy drawing them in that way, the stylized comic-book simplifications really appeal to me. For the time being, most of my art is probably going to be in that, or a similar style. 

And it's not a problem at all!  Go ahead and use it, I've really got nothing else to do with it.  Of course, some credit might be nice. ;)

#4 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 625 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 04:03 PM

.  Of course, some credit might be nice. ;)

I am offended that you think I wouldn't give credit D: I would though. trust me. it'll be in black text [color=#000000;]MADE BY GRAVITY.:D[/color]

76561198084895102.png

Feel free to add me on steam c:

#5 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2013 - 05:57 PM

Those are really nice. I don't know what to say about them. Only one thing I didn't like was the Pakari Nuva, because the shape is sort of awkward.

#6 Offline aneroth

aneroth
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,591 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2013 - 12:42 PM

Link

so some things.

-lights on the head are no where near symetrical.

-centerlines are slightly off resulting in...

-misplaced/mishaped body

-certain areas do need a 3-dimensional look

Now where the sketchy style can be good, these drawings of yours are too sketchy to make out much of anything, thus it makes it very hard to help with corrections. I do see talent here, but it is talent that needs some restraint and some patience to make good things happen. And I also note that you know something about photoshop, which ultimately raises my expectations of what you can do. If you can edit in a background like that, you can also clean up your art to match it.

All I can say for now. Keep at it.

#7 Online The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 25 2013 - 05:37 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Link[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]so some things.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-lights on the head are no where near symetrical.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-centerlines are slightly off resulting in...[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-misplaced/mishaped body[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]-certain areas do need a 3-dimensional look[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Now where the sketchy style can be good, these drawings of yours are too sketchy to make out much of anything, thus it makes it very hard to help with corrections. I do see talent here, but it is talent that needs some restraint and some patience to make good things happen. And I also note that you know something about photoshop, which ultimately raises my expectations of what you can do. If you can edit in a background like that, you can also clean up your art to match it.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]All I can say for now. Keep at it.[/font]

With these, I really wasn't all that focused on the figures on a technical standpoint as I was a more abstract point of view, getting down the general shapes and such. While I really could have spent more time going back and cleaning up the original sketches, fixing some mistakes (and man did they need it, considering most were just a quick draw without any prior planning or initial sketching) I wanted to really just see what I could do with Photoshop itself. The sketches really aren't that great, but I was more focused on colouring rather than drawing.

As always, thanks for the reply! Every bit really does help me. :)

#8 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2013 - 05:57 PM

If you make a full-body shot of all of your characters, I'd be happy to build them.You know I'm always impressed by your art, it makes me want to put some of my better sketches up. =DSo... Make more stuff. =3

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

0 user(s) are browsing this forum