Golden Kanohi

When the Toa Mata had all six individual Kanohi, with 5 on standby at their Suva and one at immediate command, there would always be a short delay before they switched to the one they wanted that was on their Suva and then they could activate it. With the Golden Kanohi, they had all six powers at hand, with only a moment's thought needed to switch between powers. (Somebody correct me if this is inaccurate or just plain wrong, please!)

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I'm pretty sure it also made the powers stronger in general, and that they would have much more room in their Suva's to store other masks. Also, the Toa wouldn't have to summon the non gold kanohi from their suvas, so it was quicker to switch the power you were using.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

I don't think a specific advantage of the Golden masks was ever stated. In fact, information about them is very scarce, largely because they were lost when the Toa became Nuva, and they were never featured in the story anywhere else.

All I could find on them was Matau's words in the MNOLG: "By bringing all the Great Masks of Power to the Suva, it has given to Lewa a Golden Kanohi. Some legends say that after the Golden Kanohi are found, there will come the Toa Kaita - but I do not know what this is."

There are two possible meanings to the second sentence - either the Toa specifically need the Golden Kanohi to form the Kaita, or the formation of the Kaita is simply what will occur as the next stage of their journey after acquiring the Golden Kanohi.

To add to what has already been said, several examples of BIONICLE media in 2001 stated that the Kanohi increased the wisdom of the Toa, in addition to increasing their powers. It is possible that the Golden Kanohi were intended to do this to a greater degree, although the idea was never elaborated on enough to know for certain.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

And when they formed them they didn't have their Golden Kanohi with them.

They got the Gold Kanohi before entering Makuta's lair. They formed the Kaita afterwards.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

To add to what has already been said, several examples of BIONICLE media in 2001 stated that the Kanohi increased the wisdom of the Toa, in addition to increasing their powers. It is possible that the Golden Kanohi were intended to do this to a greater degree, although the idea was never elaborated on enough to know for certain.

What were these?

When the Toa Mata had all six individual Kanohi, with 5 on standby at their Suva and one at immediate command, there would always be a short delay before they switched to the one they wanted that was on their Suva and then they could activate it. With the Golden Kanohi, they had all six powers at hand, with only a moment's thought needed to switch between powers. (Somebody correct me if this is inaccurate or just plain wrong, please!)

For the record, Greg confirmed this. :) I'm unaware of confirmation of any other of the ideas being put forward in this topic, though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

What were these?

I am probably forgetting a few, but the three that come to mind are the The Legend of Mata Nui booklet included in Quest for the Masks Theme Decks ("With each mask they find, they will grow in knowledge, strength, and power"), the introduction to issue one of the comic ("...they must gather the Kanohi Masks of Power, which give them greater skills, abilities, and wisdom"), and the Legend of Lewa comics that were in Adventures! Magazine in the UK and Homemade Magazine in Russia ("Lewa put on the Kanohi [...] At once, he knew more of his purpose in the world").

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The advantage? They're shiny, darnit!

Edited by Enax the epic

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The golden kanohi may have added wisdom through the trials needed to acquire them. It's possible each new mask unlocked memories the Toa Mata lost while in their canisters, and the golden kanohi was the final key for its series.

Otherwise, I agree with their purpose being convenience and a little bit of a performance boost.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

I think that the Golden Kanohi were symbols of the unity and confidence in the Toa team. They achieved them at the end of the adventure because Toa managed to overcome their differences and found a masks.

olda.png

"You are a Toa -- prove yourself worthy of the name!"

Onua, "Into the Nest"

The golden kanohi may have added wisdom through the trials needed to acquire them. It's possible each new mask unlocked memories the Toa Mata lost while in their canisters, and the golden kanohi was the final key for its series.

Otherwise, I agree with their purpose being convenience and a little bit of a performance boost.

The Toa didn't start remembering anything until they went to Karda Nui. Once they recognized it, they started to go "Oh, yeeaaaaaah!"

new_sig_legacy_2.png

It's plausible they might remember certain portions of things, not in the sense of seeing memories but maybe some of the wisdom from their training was partially forgotten, and putting on the masks brought it more clearly to the surface, in a "muscle memory" sense.

Similar things do happen with real-life amnesia (and even just normal forgetting). A familiar object can remind us of ideas we once thought of without necessarily seeing the memory of the real-life context of it. It can produce a "tip of the tongue" sensation where our minds will repair certain connections (in this case of wisdom only, etc.), but it isn't necessarily enough to trigger a full restoration.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)