BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Tayis

"I'm familiar with what they were," Tayis said. "Slavers, you know full well I know that. But the final battle with the Rahkshi freed all the slaves, and destroyed the organisation. They were lucky the authorities never really got wind of it. Are they trying to rebuild?"

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Valuki

"Im afraid I cant help you there but I heard Vex a few nights ago come blabbing of plans in the bar in Ko-Koro. I dont think anyone elese was there besides me. The place want far off closing up"

Edited by CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

OOC: Bunnying for the sake of convenience here.

IC: Ferron (Zuria's Hut)

"I'll see you again, Zuria, take care of yourself"

The evening had been thoroughly enjoyable. Ferron and Zuriana had enjoyed a nice meal together, and they had both shared a few more personal stories with each other.

As the elding Fe-Toa was walking through the streets of Onu-Koro, he felt oddly... peaceful. Onu-Koro had become the closest thing he had to a home, and easily the only place where he had a real friend.

Maybe things weren't so bad after all.

As he arrived home, he felt as if he was stepping into a strange environment. The Forge he'd built with his own hands wasn't his home. Home was now the comforting warmth of Zuria's hut.

OOC: Ferron's Forge open for business again

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tayis

He left the bar and headed down the street, reaching the bridge over the stream that ran through Onu-koro. Half way across, he leaned against the wall, staring into the waters depths and listening to it rushing past.

A long time ago he had met four Toa on a beach, and on that day, they had decided to take on Sixhand together. Now he was on his own, but Sixhand were vulnerable. The question is, was it worth it. Last time, they hadn't even made a dent in Sixhand before things went wrong. Could he really do better on his own, and what would the others think if they were here?

He knew Zieta would be determined to finish Sixhand, something had lit a fire in her, she had never stopped to think about anything else when they set out to take on Sixhand.

Mayhaka would most likely agree. He was a bit misguided, and would perhaps have blundered in prematurely. Still, his heart was in the right place.

Dynra. Ah, Dynra. He was a special case indeed. Tayis had never got the measure of him, he seemed to come with them after Sixhand simply because he was bored, but was certainly decisive when it came to action. He had to say though, if Dynra was in Tayis' position now, he doubted he would have done anything. Why get involved for no reason.

And then there was Zekize, the realist, who managed to disappear when the guards turned up to arrest them. Tayis had learnt a lot from that. His Kanohi Huna had become his best friend since then, and it was also why he chose to come to Onu-koro. When in trouble, turn invisible and use his powers of gravity to float up to the ceiling, and wait there until he thought things were safe. There were even a few tunnels up to the surface in the ceiling, so a viable escape route. He'd got himself in a happy place here, and he didn't want to leave.

He pulled a scrunched up map out of his pocket, and flattened it out on the wall. It was of course, totally irrelevant. It showed the location of a former Sixhand cell in Po-koro, and only represented a small part of the village of stone. It was the only thing he took away from there though. He arrived at the city with four friends, and left with nothing but a scrap of paper that symbolised their failures. Sure, the Rahkshi wasn't their fault, but all in all without the Rahkshi, he might not even be here now.

He hadn't lifted a finger to find out what had happened to his friends. Perhaps he should have done that, yet here he was thinking about running off to Ta-koro on the word of someone who he hadn't met sober yet.

Tayis tore the map in two, and tossed the two halfs into the water below, before activating his Huna and his gravity powers. He floated up to the ceiling, and found the end of one of the tunnels to the surface. There was a distant rushing sound coming from the other end, and the air was cold. Lowering his gravity to neutral, he pulled himself into the tunnel, and began to head through it.

OOC: Tayis to Ko-Wahi.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Marn Tunnels):

Clang. Clang. Clang. Clang.

Kirgan, if anyone, knew the rhythm required for mining. He had not been doing it the longest, nor did he have the most talent. But he had been persistent and determined to learn. That was what had enabled him to learn fast and become a very efficient miner. He made a big contribution to the welfare of Onu-Koro, or so he believed. At times he wondered if Dosne or even Nuparu had noticed his hard work and dedication for his village.

Sometimes it just felt like it wasn't enough.

All of a sudden he felt his pickaxe hit something different than protodermis. He noticed he had just broken a stone tablet into three pieces.

Weird. Who had put that there?

Kirgan cleared the dirt off the three pieces and assembled it. Depicted in the carving was a Huna mask, the symbol of the Three Virtues and some text that seemed very ancient. It was very interesting, Kirgan had no clue why it would be here, underground, lost in the dirt.

Mystery. Finally.

As things stoof, Kirgan needed someone who could translate the text on the tablet to make any sense of it. He put the pieces in his bag and left the Marn Tunnels. His work shift was ending anyway and he was ahead of schedule.

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro):

Tuli sat on a bench and looked around for prospects of a job. She still wasn't sure whether she wanted to join the Ussalry or not. A job similar to her old one would feel familiar in a good way, but would also bring back memories.

She had bought some supplies for herself from Zemya's shop. Now she would have to move on though, if she was to find a new basis for life.

Tuli rose from the bench and walked around, looking for anything of interest.

OOC: Kirgan and Tuli open for interaction.

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Getting back to work felt rather... satisfying. As Ferron's uneven hands ran across the metal plating of a piece of armor he'd just created, he took a look out the window. Where he saw a yellow and black matoran sulking as she walked, apparently with no aim or coherent goal.

He walked to the window, and called out to the Matoran.

"Hey, everything okay, miss?"

OOC: We meet again, Tapio.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Indeed we do.

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro):

Tuli gasped and looked around, trying to find the source of the sound. It took a while for her to spot the Toa of Iron looking out a window.

"Oh, hey", she said. "I - I'm okay I guess. Just looking for a job... and frankly, a place to stay. I'm new here."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

"Well, I've been thinking about hiring an assistant or something similar. But first things, first. Come in, you look like you're about to collapse where you stand"

Ferron disappared from the window, and opened the door.

When Tuli looked, she saw the orange and black-armored Fe-Toa stand in the doorway with an inviting smile, that almost made up for the undeniable shock she got from seeing Ferron's prostethic hand and leg, both in a glaring silver that stood out against the black and orange.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's Forge):

Tuli thought when the day's surprises were going to end. He had expected men to offer help in this town - that was how she always got along anywhere - but this guy was a Toa. That excluded the option of him offering help just to get lucky with her.

I hope, she added to herself.

Tuli got inside, nodding a thank you at Ferron. The fires brought a feeling of home for the Ta-Matoran, who was used to living among heat. In every other way the forge didn't appeal much. Tuli was used to dirty work, but the atmosphere of the place was gloomy. Then there was the host of the place who had prosthetics. But he had been willing to help, so Tuli guessed she might try to benefit from the situation and show respect.

"Very nice of you to invite me here", Tuli said. "What was this job you were talking about?"

"Well, in theory you'd be my assistant, or apprentice if you prefer, I could probably teach you a thing or two. Mostly it's about having someone to watch the place while I'm gone. The pay isn't outrageous, but I can guarantee its satisfying, honest work."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

Tuli considered Ferron's offer. It was not a dream job and she would have to spend a lot of time in this forge. But it would provide her with a start in this new city and it would be easier to avoid temperamental outbursts with fewer Matoran around. Add to that the apparent kindness and agreeable personality of Ferron himself, and the place actually felt appealing.

"I'm not asking for much", Tuli said finally. "This job does just what I was looking for. I'm willing to learn from you and if you teach me, I will listen. I would be happy to accept the job."

OOC: Guess I'll have to drop Tuck a PM informing him that Ferron's Forge just got a new employee, assuming Tuli's first day on the job goes well.

"Today will be a trial run, if you do a good job, I'll consider you hired"

"But first" Ferron said and clapped his hands together "let's introduce each other. The name's Ferron, Toa of Iron"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Not for permission, but he needs to know since he manages the list of player-run businesses.

IC: Ferron and NPC (Ferron's Forge)

"The clapping was completely optional" Ferron said with a chuckle and gave Tuli a light pat on the back.

"Uh, excuse me. I was supposed to get that armor I ordered"

The Toa of Plasma came walking into the store, looking around with the casual air of business as usual.

"Why of course" Ferron obliged and immediately turned to the armor he'd been working on the last hours.

"Tuli, could you man the furnace in the meantime, keep the fire at a stable temperature."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

"Yes sir!" Tuli said in the military voice she had been using to address a Team Leader or Jaller himself in the guard. Old habits stick tight.

Tuli felt comfortable with her first test, for fire was her friend. The fires kept blasting oppressive heat at the face of those in front of it. For a Ko-Matoran or a Ga-Matoran this would have been a nightmare, but for Tuli it was very pleasant. With no effort at all she maintained the fire of the furnace even as Ferron interacted with the customer.

"Thanks for your time, come back soon"

The customer left with his new armor, clearly satisfied with Ferron's services

"Nice job with the fire, Tuli" Ferron complimented as he used his power to levitate a sword from one end of the room to the other.

"Next, could you move all those weapons and tools across the room, they're all finished orders, so we need to have them ready for pickup"

Ferron himself brought out the blueprint for the new repeating crossbow he'd been working on, and started conuring up the different metals he'd need to create a prototype

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

"Yes sir!" Tuli said again.

As obediently as ever she moved on to the first pieces of equipment. In the guard, Tuli had been taught discipline and obedience to the Captain. Even back in the days when Makuta was the sole threat and the relations between Koros was good, Jaller had made a point to ensure the guard would not falter and question orders.

I did everything he told me to and what did I get? Complaints, Tuli thought bitterly. Sure, her methods had been unique when dealing with that Toa but -

Tuli had almost walked into a wall with the tools. Thanking the Great Spirit that she hadn't, she quickly changed direction and checked to see Ferron busy. It would have been lousy if he had seen that.

Disaster averted, Tuli placed the first pieces to their proper place. She then moved on to the next one. Although they were heavy, it did not pose much a problem for Tuli. She was not as physically strong as male Matoran tended to be, but was far more powerful than a regular female one. Except when it came to female Po-Matoran, who had their strength increased just by being of that type.

Tuli did her job without speaking, feeling that it made her seem that much more useful to Ferron.

OOC: Lol, I'm imagining Tuli as Ferron's little fire drone, wobbling around and carrying stuff. :P

The day went by nonstop as Ferron and Tuli both paced back and forth across the floor of stomped earth. At least once, Ferron had to keep one of the weapons from decapitating Tuli.

When the hours ran to an end, and the night cycle was about to begin, Ferron and Tuli were sitting in the far back of the shop, enjoying a bottle of Ta-Koronan Ale that Ferron had decided to bring up.

"And here's to our new employee" Ferron said with a nod to Tuli before he downed his glass.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

"Haha, thanks", Tuli said and drank with him. She noted the way Ferron drank very large gulps at a time but decided to ignore it. She knew this ale brand and it reminded her of home - not that she wanted to return there. This new place was pretty neat and she actually found herself looking forward to the period of her life.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, she thought. Things might work out, after all.

"I appreciate all of this", Tuli said. "I have one question though. Do you know where I could stay during the night and while not working? I don't have my own hut yet."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

The Fe-Toa stroke his chin as he considered it.

"Well, this place isn't really built for two, but there is a small room I'm not using that should fit you pretty well. I know I'm pretty large, even by Toa standards, so if I can still fit in there, chances are you'll probably have more than enough space"

"Now" Ferron continued and put the glass down "on to something hopefully more exciting. I noticed you kept referring to me as "sir", and your discipline speaks for itself. Military experience, by any chance?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Aryll/Onu-Koro)

Aryll was very much amused. These Matoran, on their little crabs, riding across the cavern floor with lances in hand. Stopping his useless wandering and joining the Onu-Koran government was the greatest thing he'd done. Here he was, military advisor to the Ussalry, watching them train in a little-used part of the Great Mine.

"Alpha squad, form an arrow formation to the left! Beta squad take defensive positions behind them!"

OOC: Aryll is open for interaction.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Tuli

Tuli lowered her head, uncomfortable by the question. This was not a more exciting matter for her. She figured she might as well tell him, though.

"Yes... yes, I have military training. Saying sir has just become a part of me. If it bothers you, I can learn out of it, though."

IC Tuli

Ferron's comment reminded Tuli all too vividly about her life as a guard... and Khervos. She had loved her job as a guard... perhaps she had done the same for Khervos too? Maybe she still did? She wasn't sure.

"Wait...", she started. "Happened to you? What do you mean?"

IC: Transiz/Tul

"I heard that you can create many different things. Is there any chance you could make me a long ranged weapon? I'm really to spend a lot of money." Transiz grabbed his bag of money and jingled it.

IC (Matan and Natan): Now, that was what the Skakdi of plantlife wanted to hear. Skakdi in general weren't generally the most ethical of beings, and Matan and his brother were no different in this regard. Money talks, and loudly, even if you are a Rahkshi.

"Of course" he replied smoothly, his large Skakdi smile widening. "Come in". The Skakdi stepped inside and held the door for the Rahkshi to follow in after him.

Inside, the hut was lined with wooden panneling, though the main structure was of iron. At intervals, small, leafy fern fronds extended inwards from the walls. They gave off a powerful smell of moist earth and jungle blooms. The room was lit by glowing blue vines that ran around the edges of the ceiling and down to the floor at the corners. Two wooden doors in metal frames led off from the main room, and Matan lead them through the one on the right, into his workshop.

In this room, much of the wooden decorations had been replaced with metal. The entire space was full of various pieces of half-finished machinery and tools. Shelves lined the walls, which were littered with gears, springs, wheels and other paraphernalia pretinent to their profession. More lightvines crept around the ceiling and down the walls at the corners, but this time a set of lenses served to fucus their glow onto a workbench that stood in the centre of the room, again littered with tools.

Natan was inside, the grey Skakdi working on an order of wheels for new mining carts. He looked up when they came in, and then swept aside the clutter from a small area of workbench and motioned for them to sit down. Matan perched on an iron frame for some machine that wasn't identifiable yet, and layed the blueprints down on the table.

"So now" Matan continued, "What sort of ranged weapon did you have in mind? Bow, crossbow, boomerang, rock-thrower, slingshot, disk launcher, dart-blower..?"

IC: Transiz/Tul

"Well, if you could do some sort of powered weapon, you know, like a heat ray gun, then I'll take that. If you can't do something like that, I was thinking a crossbow." Transiz paused for a moment and then said, "Oh, I'm not really a Rahkshi. I'm actually a Vortixx bonded with a Parakuka."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Normally, Ferron wasn't a big fan of delving into his personal history, but this wasn't the first time he'd spilled his guts to a stranger because of alcohol.

"I wasn't always alone. Back when I was young and... whole" Ferron gestured to his prostethics "I joined a Toa team. We were the Toa Marok. We saved quite a few people, defeated some villains, weathered storms, we did good"

Ferron's eyes went blank, as the grizzled Fe-Toa started reminiscing again.

"We were like family. Deccon was always the realist, always arguing that we weren't really accomplishing anything, yet he always came through"

Ferron filled and emptied another glass

"Marinna was our leader. Thoughest Toa of Lightning you ever saw, Barok was the funny one, Brutop the fast one, I was the weapons guy and the big bruiser"

Ferron lightly tapped his Pakari with a chuckle, before he continued.

"And then, there was Tarika"

Ferron's voice grew softer as he got to the final member of the crew, like he was tasting the sound of the name as they left his tongue.

"She was our healer, but no push-over in a fight, When she got mad, boy did she get mad, I still laugh when I think about the time she summoned a tsunami to defeat a single Nui-Jaga"

"And, of course, she was the one I loved the most"

"I felt... happy, around her. Just being around here gave me strength and drive. It felt right to be with her. Her smile, her laugh, even her eyes when she was throwing a tantrum. I was head over heels in love with her"

"And I never told her"

A lone tear ran down Ferron's cheek as he went down memory lane again, to that fateful night when the Makuta had finally percieved them as a threat, and made his move...

"She died not knowing how I felt about her, they all died. And to this day I regret the fact that I never told her anything"

Ferron's relapsed into silence as he left the glass on the table.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...