The Cantina

While I eagerly await Alex's reply, I have to ask: how do the Sith view their ancestors who had different ideals?

How do we view Rome?

Sure, they commited genocide, wiped out countless tribes and cultures....but considering how often rising empires are compared to Rome....

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

There was also the slavery. Can't forget the slavery. Thanks for that!

And yeah, they kinda did. Unless you have a better word for wiping out a city, killing everyone inside, and then salting the earth so nothing would ever grow again.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

And yeah, they kinda did. Unless you have a better word for wiping out a city, killing everyone inside, and then salting the earth so nothing would ever grow again.

Salting Carthage was a revision added in 1930. Unreliable.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

The ritual of symbolically drawing a plow over the site of a city is, however, mentioned in ancient sources, though not in reference to Carthage specifically.[9]

Oh. They did. Maybe not in the city you are thinking of.

Yeah, the Romans actually weren't that big on impractically murderous things. Now, the Assyrian empire on the other hand... hoo boy.

Although, even that served a purpose. It was less 'kill everybody' and more 'kill enough people to make a pyramid of skulls so the people we haven't killed yet have a concrete reason to not give us a reason to kill them.'

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Salting Carthage was a revision added in 1930. Unreliable.

Exactly.

The ritual of symbolically drawing a plow over the site of a city is, however, mentioned in ancient sources, though not in reference to Carthage specifically.[9]

Oh. They did. Maybe not in the city you are thinking of.

Find the city and then we'll believe you, but even then, the destruction of a city does not genocide make.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Yes. Because history totally works that way. Rome wasn't exactly big on making itself look bad you know.

So, kindly stop leaping down my throat about it and get back on topic.

No Empire that wishes to maintain itself would ruin perfectly good farmland, or completely remove scores of people who could help farm that land and make sure the Empire had food so as to go on. It simply wouldn't be logical for them to do such a thing, and Ymper is quite right on that score.

And remember, you brought it up. =P

profiles i guess

All that is being asked for is evidence to back up your claims. The discussion itself may be tangential, but is still related to an on-topic matter - specifically an analogy regarding how the modern Sith view the old Sith, an analogy that, I suspect, is inaccurate. The mistakes of vicious twits like Malak far outweigh beneficial actions taken.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Dacians repelled the first attack, but the Romans, helped by a treacherous local nobleman, found and destroyed the water pipes of the Dacian capital. Running out of water and food the city fell and was razed. Decebalus fled, but was followed by the Roman cavalry and committed suicide rather than submit. Nevertheless, the war went on. Thanks to the treason of a confidant of the Dacian king, Bicilis, the Romans found Decebalus's treasure in the river of Sargesia/Sargetia - a fortune estimated by Jerome Carcopino at 165,500 kg of gold and 331,000 kg of silver. The last battle took place at Porolissum (Moigrad).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajan%27s_Dacian_Wars

Now leave me alone you vultures.

Though I would request, on the matter of the Sith apprentices, that those currently separated from the one who jumped off into the trees, and is therefore some distance from them, not rush to interfere with the developing situation.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Regardless is whether they technically committed genocide, they killed lots and lots and lots and lots of people, often without provocation.

Thank you.

Now, Blok, if you are done quibbling over a technical point, everyone, back on topic now.

They still didn't kill everybody and destroy the culture.

Or, even, salt the ground, nowhere that I can read it.

Regardless is whether they technically committed genocide, they killed lots and lots and lots and lots of people, often without provocation.

Money and minor annoyance were all the reasons they ever needed. =P

EDIT:

I still don't see any salt-sowing.I'm inspired. I think I'll be making a villainous NPC. A slaver who views all species as equal. In the end, it doesn't matter what shade your scales are, the number of your arms, or the size of your city. Everyone can be put in chains.

Well...at least he isn't racist. Or specieist.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

You people really don't know when to stop do you?

Blok. Back on topic. NOW.

Edited by Basilisk

WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES!

Although, if any Empire wouldn't destroy entire farmlands, why destroy a perfectly good planet that's LOYAL TO YOU? I'm glad the Sith know not to do that now.

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

You really don't know when to quit do you?

Guess what people, I don't have time to research every statement I make on the Roman Empire in a STAR WARS OOC topic. Especially when I'm writing IC posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_wars

There. "Mass murder of jewish populace".

Now kindly leave me alone.

Flaredrick, we now begin Hyperspace posts as we just hit Hyperspace apparently... Oh boy.

Madara, could you add Ironside to the character list, please? Thanks in advance.

On a completely unrelated note, just but the KOTOR games and I'm loving 'em so far. I'm officially on a star wars high.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I apologize. I should have simply dropped that particular point. Like I said, I'm not at 100% today. Got woken up a few hours earlier then normal.

Rather then say I'm done and then post something continuing said debate, I should've just let it go.

Coffee helps. Hmmm, if I were to post tidbits of a profile I'm working on, do you think I could get some info on them here? I'm not entirely up to date with a large amount of the Star Wars EU.

Who would we go see if we needed to talk about something that has happened to a Jedi during meditation? One of the Masters?

The archive may be of use. See if something like that has happened before.

Edited by Basilisk

What does that little nickname even mean Madara? :P

Aloe vera is a succulent plant species that probably originated in northern Africa. The species does not have any naturally occurring populations, although closely related aloes do occur in northern Africa.

Oh. Google provideth.

Edited by Basilisk

Dude you didn't know what aloe vera was? It's the best thing ever if you've got a sunburn.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom