The Cantina

Right then. I've been a bit caught up discussing the finer points of a battle between the Tyranids and a Great Old One. My post is about half-done, so it should be up tomorrow.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Just one day, and already I have another one up.

No ship for this guy.

Name: Kaal
Species: Bouncer
Faction: Jedi Order
Skills: Kaal, like others of his species, has limited natural telepathy, aside from his force abilities; after that, he is very dextrous with the numerous tentacles he possesses, and he is great at drawing connections between any information he gets. Minor skill with lightsabers, either wielded in his tentacles or telekinetically, in the Jar’kai style - generally with a focus on Niman-esque bladework, though he oftentimes finds it fun to include elements of Ataru into his fighting style.
Force Abilities: Kaal’s force sensitivity has greatly bolstered his natural telepathy, enabling him to use it for comprehensive telepathic speech, though he still requires others to speak verbally for him to hear them - he can’t read thoughts, only send them. His main speciality in the force is in the use of his powerful telekinesis, able to use it for just about everything, though he can also generate a protective shield of the force around himself.
Equipment and Weapons: Four lightsabers, two of normal length and two as shoto, each with viridian blades. Each lightsaber can be paired with its shoto counterpart into a double-bladed weapon.
Appearance: Kaal’s main body is as large as a normal human’s, with his numerous tentacles normally trailing along behind him in a tail-like bundle as he bounces around, though he will “walk” with his tentacles when there are others nearby, for fear of harming them. He is covered with mossy green fur, with no visible nostrils or mouth, nothing but the green fur, a large body, and his eyes, a piercing golden colour.
Personality: Kaal is a highly fatalistic individual, as are most Bouncers, and he is a proponent of the Unifying Force. He is, however, polite, friendly, and eager for interaction with many others, with a jocular tone to always be found in his words. He is very slow to anger, and a greatly patient individual.
Home Planet: Ruusan.
Background: Kaal has little background. He was born on Ruusan amongst a clan of other Bouncers, his father, actually, the patriarch of the clan. However, from birth, it was evident that he had a greater natural strength than the others, as shown by his Force Sensitivity. As it so happened, there had been a Jedi Knight on Ruusan when Kaal was around three years of age, looking about the settlers of the planet, and, while it was a little bit of an odd fit, he took the Bouncer to Coruscant, where he quickly learned to fit in amongst the various other younglings. He later passed through his apprenticeship and trials without issue, becoming a Jedi Knight in order to aid the Republic.

Edited by Lontra Canadensis

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Right then. I've been a bit caught up discussing the finer points of a battle between the Tyranids and a Great Old One. My post is about half-done, so it should be up tomorrow.

Wow, I'm gone for this long and you've only got done with half a post Basilisk? Sheesh. Getting slow, old man. :P

Nah, but seriously, if you haven't done the swoop racing stuff yet, I can handle that workload for you personally. Ask Grochi. He asked me to describe the source of a bunch of golden mist. I described a massive chasm with a single point of light in the center filled with blinding gases and a bunch of crumbling rock formations rising from the floor like ye' olde jumping game.

I personally thought it would look very pretty. And I don't like make things any easier on my characters. Could have killed him. Heck, if Grochi had made a rock start collapsing or something, I wouldn't have even worried at that point. Serves you right playing hopscotch of death; character'd have been dead as a doornail.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

who the heck let basilisk have friggin' rancors? ._. anyway Name: Vyhl DresakSpecies: GalacianGender: MaleAge: 29 Standard Years of AgeFaction: NoneSympathies: Sympathic towards the Republic, even if he's not exactly doing things that line up with their laws...Rank: NoneOccupation: Doctor, Smuggler, and everything in between.Skills: Vyhl has a very extensive base in medical knowledge concerning most sentient, and some nonsentient, species. Quite good at stitching things back together, what he doesn't know he generally can guess. Combat-wise, he's not the best, but the fact that he has an intimate understanding of how bodies area supposed to work gives him a bit of an advantage when it comes to knowing where to hit to stop someone. Most resistant to colder temperatures than most sentient species, Vyhl finds such colder areas to be more comfortable.Force Abilities: None.Equipment or Weapons: In a bag slung around his shoulder he generally carries basic first-aid supplies, as well as having a few bacta sprays strapped to his belt. Owns a few plates of blast-resistant armor, which are really only a pair of gauntlets and a segmented chest plate. The left gauntlet has a scanner and medical readout built into it, while the right is equipped with a comlink and holoprojector. His unique Umbaran blaster rifle is his weapon of choice, having purchased the advanced blaster some time ago.Appearance: Like all Galacians, Vyhl is physically similar to baseline humans, save his silvery-blue, moonlight, skin tone. As a result of hailing from the mountainous region of his planet, his eyes are darker than average, looking completely black in anything but direct light. Well built, but not overly muscular, Vyhl is slightly above average height for a humanoid. His silvery hair is normally worn short, though not styled in any regard. Facially, he's somewhat strong featured, with a general elfin appearance. His eyes are angled, with prominent cheek bones and a slightly pointed chin. A trimmed beard covers the lower half of his face, obscuring his features somewhat.Personality: Nonchalant, cool, not really one to have a temper, Vyhl is for the most part calm and collected. Can be a tad bit impulsive at times, but generally thinks things through before acting. Approaches problems with an unrelenting analytical mind, and has a bit of a problem giving up. Stubborn in the best of circumstances, he nonetheless does what he can to help those he's loyal to.Home Planet: GalaHistory: Vyhl grew up on Gala in releative comfort. His family mostly had positions in government, as such they lived in the more developed regions of the planet. Despite this, Vyhl himself spent most of his time in the mountains, visiting the nomadic groups known collectively as the Hill People. Never one to stay in one place for any length of time, the Galacian left his home at the first chance he got, and went on to wander to various planets, hitching rides on passenger liners from one place to another. Along one of such travels, the Galacian met with a certain Abraham Vos, and taking a liking to the human, joined his crew as ship's doctor not to long after.

Approved +1

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Weren't you the one with the character with the beardy-Spock eyebrows?

I have been mistaken for Eli.

I'm going go home now. Rethink my life. Cry into my vodka bottle.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Meanwhile, I have created a character with no face

how do you like me now ymper

This is the angle you're going to go with?

... meh. I was doing a lack of faces before it was cool. B-)

Unless you count Salvador's face paint.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Meanwhile, one Eli was, for some reason, momentarily confused.

Madara: Whenever I say Jar'kai as a form, I mean it in relation to Form VI, Niman, which is where the technique originally derives from - after all, it comes from the technique used by the Royal Macheteros of the Kashi Mer dynasty, who used dual swords, though also added with the Jar'Kai developed by the Yovshin Swordsmen.

EDIT: Lev, go back under your rock, the big boys are playing now. Shoo.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

PURPLE AND LIGHT ORANGE LOOK NOTHING ALIKE MAN ;.;

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

This is most certainly purple. I can see colors perfectly fine.

voidstars.png

It's a good thing I turned off colored text. Wouldn't want to be mistaken for those two infidels.

That's insulting.

Ilya - Den call it Niman/Jar'Kai! Rawr.

Otherwise, I might think it's Ataru/Jar'Kai, and the last thing I need is to imagine a mossball rebounding off the walls, ceiling, and floor spinning four lightsabers in his tentacles... I think I scared myself.

Thank you for the better idea...

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

EDIT: Lev, go back under your rock, the big boys are playing now. Shoo.

Right then. Do I need to summon Shoggy again?

I'm armed with math, and you know what that means.

Ilya - Den call it Niman/Jar'Kai! Rawr.

Otherwise, I might think it's Ataru/Jar'Kai, and the last thing I need is to imagine a mossball rebounding off the walls, ceiling, and floor spinning four lightsabers in his tentacles... I think I scared myself.

Thank you for the better idea...

scared now

jsyk

._.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Shoggy's in Madrid and he's not coming back.

Also Bouncers now canonically all have Rowan Atkinson's face. Deal with it.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No.

Ilya - Kaal approved. +1 (You don't mind if I call you Ilya, right?)

I don't care if you call me Ilya, Ilyusha, Eli, Elijah, Eliyahu, Kal, Grochi, Grouchy, That Irritable Guy Around The Corner, or the Otter.

profiles i guess

Couldn't have been timed better. I just got in a Mr. Bean mood.

And I'm waiting on Strack as well.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Yeah, they're all pretty much waiting for you.

Right then.

Lava, I'd suggest PMing him and threatening his family if you need him to post. I'll get a chase post up ASAP.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

1173.gif

Deal with it.

Also, definitely waiting on the Lance. And what sorts of beasties live in the jungles on Lehon? I have a sudden urge to run some delightful interference on the Jedi-hunting mission.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Keep talking and it'll be Sylvester Stallone. I don't want to be responsible for doing that, but if you push me, it'll happen.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom