To Save The World!

IC - Apep @ New YorkThough she kept her gaze ahead, Apep spotted Ozo in the corner of her eye immediately (grey nonhumans with hoverboards didn't exactly blend in). She knew not if he was a hero or villain, but he certainly wasn't a recogniseable member of the Coalition so she decided to give him the slip. She changed direction suddenly, running to the right and paper-swinging her way onto another rooftop.IC - Sluice @ Las Vegas"I said pretend!" Exclaimed Sluice, splashing Mastermind with freezing water, an attempt to break his concentration rather than outright attack him. Abyss was the personality capable of feeling animosity toward other beings, not her. Sluice was only angry at herself - for not forseeing such an obvious reaction from Mastermind, for the lameness of her plan, for the incompetent way in which she felt she appeared to Fellwyd...
OOC:i know this is probably way too late,but i felt like i should at least try to finish this post chain.IC:(ozo,nyc)suddenly,ozo realized he was quckly losing altitude.he thought for amoment that he was running out of gas-but his hoverboard didnt use gas...something was causing his board to power down.he was forced to pull an emergency crash landing in the side of a skyscraper.hard.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

NPC: Siren (Michigan, United States)At this point, Paige - who had been following the others, unable to really do much at this early stage of the mission - rocketed forward with the poise of a gymnast, following Loadstone through the barrier.OOC: Wow, com-pletely forgot about her...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Yeah, the spy's still lost in the woods, and quite possibly hasn't even gotten past that big wall of wood and debris, as he left the general area of Epsilon as soon as noise started being an issue, in an effort to maintain just a little bit of stealth.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: It should be mentioned here that Omega's barriers came in varying strength, depending on how hard he focused on them. This one, for instance, was intended to withstand being battered by a villainess with fair strength and mostly wooden or glass implements, which it would have done admirably. An alchohol explosion in an area with roughly two, maybe two and a half times the usual air pressure? No, that wasn't in the specs. He hadn't noticed her gripping the lightbulb at first. There were a lot of tendrils in a lot of places, that was just one of them. It wasn't until it caught fire that he realized why she was pouring alchohol on the ground. His first thought was Wait, she's not actually going to- followed almost immediately by Oh cr-! In his defense, the barrier actually did hold up for a moment, containing the worst of the explosion, but only for a moment. Then? Then it shattered like glass and the pieces vanished into thin air. Omega shielded his eyes from the heat and debris, but was otherwise unaffected save for a slight throbbing in his head that accompanied the destruction of one of his constructs. He rushed to the hole, too surprised to remember he was angry, and looked down. "Did she just blow herself up?" No, there were smoky, ash-laden footprints on the floor below, and a trail leading through. Luckily that room seemed to have been unoccupied. He was just about to take off in hot pursuit when he remembered why he was so concerned in the first place. He turned to Prime. "Are you alright? That was... nasty." He couldn't help but wonder, what ever happened to super-criminals who weren't psychotic? |H-D|NPC: Ultionis nodded at Skyra's comment. "Probably. But we've got three options, and this is the best one. We'll just have to-" Then he heard the noises and felt the rumbling in the ground. There, down the corridor - a wall of metal coming down. And according to their resident ferrokinetics, it wasn't ferrous. Wonderful. Still, they were holding it somehow, at least for now. The window of opportunity was shrinking rapidly. He dashed forward and lunged to the ground, sliding along under the door, and rolled to a stop with his guns pointed outward and his fingers on the triggers. He would not be caught unprepared just because he had to dodge a pile of lead. Dodging lead used to be half his job description.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC:Name: Nathan KairosAlias: SoundsmithAppearance: Nathan is not very imposing. He is muscular, to be sure, but is not overly tall or bulky, instead a lithe, subdued build. He has green eyes, medium length brown hair, and a grin that lights up rooms. He is very handsome, but prefers to stay out of sight. His costume varies depending on his transformed instrument, but is usually evocative of the instrument used to create it. His current suit is light grey plate armor with black drumpad like plates on the shoulders. Has a motorcycle driver helmet that conceals his identity.Power: Nathan is a living reservoir of sound energy. This appears in his ability to turn musical instruments into weapons and armor that have a quality related to sound. For example, if he formed a gun out of a guitar, it would fire extremely concentrated sound blasts. His costume/armor is a transformed drum kit, his current twin daggers the drum sticks. Continuous use of his weapons with the sound part activated and hits on his armor drain him. If separated from one of his creations it stays in its form, but has limited ammo.Area: east TennesseeAllegiance: Will be league of salvation, isn't currently.Bio: Nathan discovered his powers during a concert, but all the fans thought it was a stunt. Ever since he's been on hiatus, training his powers and fighting small threats, doing his best not to be found out.profile for approval. Where is the league currently?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"I suppose we ought to head for the League HQ first. It's the best place I can think of to drop Darkness off; I'm sure someone there will know how to arrange for him to get put in one of the League penitentiaries."IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineGadgeteer observed the scene. It didn't look as if any fighting had gone on yet. Standing there was Lady Hexas, and the source of the Omega Radiation - Killer Mari, presumably. He wondered if the psychic was influencing Saosin and the others in any way. Unlikely, since Madness was there to mentally defend them. Still, Viktor didn't like it. At his core he was a soldier - he obtained targets and eliminated them. He'd never much been one for peace talks and negotiation. He saw them as delaying tactics; sympathy and understanding were weaknesses that more shrewd enemies could exploit."She is a criminal and our aim is to stop her. If you have abandoned that cause I would like to hear good reason for it..."
IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"We haven't abandoned any cause," he replied, turning around again to face Hexas, who was watching the events with barely hidden disinterest. "If we fight on the sub, then more than half of us die instantly. If we take her into custody peacefully, then problem solved."-Teezy Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineGadgeteer was quiet for a moment. His gaze moved from Saosin to Lady Hexas and back. He considered the situation. Since a fight hadn't broken out then Hexas was evidently open to the idea of negotiation - which meant she believed, correctly or not, that Saosin and the others could obtain something she desired. Her initial threat had been a demand to receive files on the elusive Operation: Lockdown, so that was probably it. But assuming they knew where those files were - and they didn't - would Hexas willingly give herself up in return for them?He felt a pang of anger that his and Lone's arrival had apparently been irrelevant, but he kept it out of his voice as he said: "Bring us up to date as to your discussion."IC - Apep @ Glass Pillar hotelIn the hotel corridor, one level down from where the explosion had occurred, a door was flung open and a figure shambled out. It was both human and not human. Withered, blackened skin covered it in patches; in other places the flesh had been completely burned away, exposing raw red muscle tissue.The figure's breathing was harsh and breathless. It was evidently in pain, though as moments passed its step gradually increased in pace. It was recovering. Its dark-coloured skin began to grow, covering up the exposed muscles - it looked like a corpse decaying in reverse. The few strips of scorched paper that still hung from it started to lengthen as well, and like shoots emerging from a seed the freshly-grown lengths were white and unburnt. They snaked around the torso, then spiralled around its limbs. By the time she had reached the set of lift doors at the end of the corridor, Apep had restored her mummy-like appearance.IC - Sluice @ EpsilonSluice sat down with a weary sigh. She was quiet for a while; she wanted to go over all this new information in her mind; to ensure that there wasn't anything she had missed, that she'd hadn't been tricked somehow.After a period of silence she spoke up. "Epsilon, translate this for Fellwyd: I'm sorry again about all this. It must be hard enough for you to cope with life on Earth without my personal crises to confuse you..."

IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"Lockdown is a prison," he informed the battle-suited hero without turning away from Hexas. "A prison that has security measures that are apparently able to top Confinement, run by General Warner to house his personal enemies. Lady Hexas here has someone she's interested in getting out, and until Warner complies, she's gonna go all Independence Day and threaten to pulverize major cities."Now, the only question: what to do about it...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC:: no, he has to make the sound, but he can change whatever instrument is making it into an actual sword or sound gun thing or some armor. And it has to be an instrument. He can't change, say, iPod earbuds, but an electric guitar is fair game. And the weapon or armor can't be bigger than it originally was. A harmonica would make a small dagger, only a drum kit can make armor. Name: Nathan KairosAlias: SoundsmithAppearance: Nathan is not very imposing. He is muscular, to be sure, but is not overly tall or bulky, instead a lithe, subdued build. He has green eyes, medium length brown hair, and a grin that lights up rooms. He is very handsome, but prefers to stay out of sight. His costume varies depending on his transformed instrument, but is usually evocative of the instrument used to create it. His current suit is light grey plate armor with black drumpad like plates on the shoulders. Has a motorcycle driver helmet that conceals his identity.Power: Nathan is a living reservoir of sound energy. This appears in his ability to turn musical instruments into weapons and armor that have a quality related to sound. For example, if he formed (formed meaning the guitar temporarily takes a gun shape) a gun out of a guitar, it would fire extremely concentrated sound blasts. His costume/armor is a transformed drum kit, his current twin daggers the drum sticks. Continuous use of his weapons with the sound part activated and hits on his armor drain him. If separated from one of his creations it stays in its form, but has limited ammo.Area: east TennesseeAllegiance: Will be league of salvation, isn't currently.Bio: Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, he started a band fresh outta South Doyle highschool. Nathan discovered his powers during a concert, but all the fans thought it was just a publicity stunt. Ever since he's been on hiatus, training his powers and fighting small threats, doing his best not to be found out. His actions have knocked down his hometown's crime rate a lot, but he himself is wanted for interfering with police business. A police officer that caught him once decided to let him go, and the officer now keeps him informed about top secret cases. He recently heard of the league of salvation, and has aspired to membership.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineGadgeteer contemplated this for a moment, then spoke to Lady Hexas."If you know what Lockdown is, who made it and what's in it, then the files you seek must contain other information. I am guessing that information concerns either Lockdown's location or its security measures..?"

IC: "Understood" Esp gave a nod of acknowledgement before turning to Fellwyd."<Sluice said: I'm sorry again about all this. It must be hard enough for you to cope with life on Earth without my personal crises to confuse you...>"Behind the barrier, Darkness's body was starting to liquify and pool together, his head melting then flowing into meet the body as he began to... "recover", if you could call it that. Even if he did fully reform, he was still trapped and cut off from everything else, so the most he could probably do was hurl insults as per his normal response to every hero encounter ever.OOC: Just a note, it can be assumed Esp will auto-translate any conversation Sluice and Fellwyd have that could possibly be directed at one another, so she'll translate pretty much everything :3

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC(Fellwyd): The alien listened, somewhat grateful for the AI's role as a translator."It is difficult knowing what is normal on this insane planet. Life is much simpler, much easier on a battleship."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Saosin (Hexas' Sub, Pacific Trash Vortex)"And what would happen once you got the information? You scramble together what resources you have left, break into Lockdown, irritate General Warner past the point of no return, get your beloved back, and then...what? You just get away with it? You're obviously too intelligent to believe that; otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten this far."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: thanks. I pride myself on making obscure powers. IC: Soundsmith (Knoxville, Tennessee)A few bullets hit the spot where Nathan had been standing a few seconds before, his guitar already morphing into a rifle. He swore and ducked behind cover, before returning fire with a few sound blasts. The blasts were silent to others around, but if you were unlucky enough to get hit it would be the loudest rendition of "Crazy Train" you'd ever heard right before you slipped into unconsciousness. He nailed one right in the head, the criminal going down clutching his ears.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: A bullet pinged off of Nathan's armored right shoulder, draining him of a bit of energy. He turned and saw another 10 gang members rounding the corner, his cover not protecting him from that direction. This is going bad real quick, he thought. Time to "amp" it up a little. His rifle shifted into a machine gun, and he winced at the amount of energy this was going to take. He opened fire, taking down the newcomers as well as most of the old. Too tired to use his rifle much more, he switched to the daggers he had put in their sheathes earlier, clipping the once again guitar to his back. He came around the corner, facing the two that were left. "Are we gonna do this the easy way or the hard way?" They looked at each other, obviously thinking they outnumbered the stupid man in the racing helmet, before aiming their guns once more. Nathan inwardly sighed. They always pick the hard way. He dashed directly at the surprised gunmen, daggers already humming.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Gadgeteer @ Submarine"Who exactly is this ally of yours trapped in Lockdown?"Gadgeteer hadn't actively utilised his link to Carapace in a while now. He wasn't certain if it would even work at such depths. But just in case, he sent a message:Any and all information you can send regarding a 'General Warner' will be useful.The name sounded vaguely familiar to Viktor. He was an ex-military man after all, so maybe he'd known of Warner in the past. But the name was too generic to mean anything to him unless something jogged his memory.IC - Sluice @ Epsilon"If it's any consolation I do appreciate your presence," said Sluice. "You're certainly a good ally on the battlefield and, well, I don't think you realise how good it is to have someone of a... neutral mindset there while all these crazy things happen around me. You being there stops me from getting too wrapped up in my own sadne- er, you know, negative thoughts."Sluice wasn't letting herself worry about Silver just yet. The League was such an extensive organisation, with many intelligent and influential members. She'd find someone who would undo Silver's mutation, she was certain of it...

IC: The shocked gunmen managed to recover in time to squeeze off a few shots, but these were hastily aimed and didn't have much chance of hitting the seeming lunatic charging at them. The daggers reshaped, becoming twin clubs, which he bashed both in the head with, knocking them out. It was better than these ruiners of lives deserved, but Nathan didn't want to sink to their level. Duty finished, he returned his clubs to their dagger form and sheathed them, calling the police with the built-in bluetooth headset in his helmet for criminal pickup. He hopped on his motorcycle, far away before the police arrived. OOC: Is it common knowledge where the League is based? And if so, where is it?

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: The League is a global organisation with a base in every major city. Their main HQ is in New York though, so I'd recommend you head there.IC - Gadgeteer @ SubmarineViktor had no knowledge of the existence of the Atlantaean race, save for the myths and stories based upon them, so Hexas' outburst sounded utterly mad. And, he wondered, how could they possibly expect to negotiate with a mad person, let alone a mad shark? But he kept quiet for now, to give the others a chance to speak...

IC: "My beloved!" Hexas reiterated, "My creator! The rightful baron of the open oceans despite what those usurping Atlanteans might think!"
OOC: Gotta love how annoyingly cryptic that is. :biggrin:
OOC: Is it common knowledge where the League is based? And if so, where is it?
OOC: That's a good question. The League operates globally; it's been often said that they have a base in every major city in the world, and with the number of SuperHeroes out on patrol or fighting crime, it's never very hard to find them. Their official headquarters is a large underground complex in Queens, New York City, situated under the mansion of Jonathan Blue, the retired Hero Mentor. Though the exact location of any League base is never publicly released, from what I can tell Mentor's identity is public knowledge, and enough people have theorized that he kept some form of secret lair on his estate that it's a well-promoted theory that's where the League headquarters is.As for any other bases closer to your location, there has been much debate over what constitutes a 'major city' and how extensive each 'base' is. I've been operating under the assumption that the League has seven "Main Branches" in the US, with much smaller bases scattered in between. The main branches would be:League Headquarters, New York City, New YorkTampa Bureau, Tampa, FloridaUnnamed Base, Chicago, IllinoisUnnamed Base, Houston, TexasUnnamed Base, Denver, ColoradoLeague Gallery of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CaliforniaUnnamed Base, Seattle, WashingtonSince Tennessee seems to be near-equidistant from the first four of these (the closest being Chicago), I would say that they would most likely have a small base of operations somewhere in Nashville. Nothing too fancy; it'd probably be the personal lair of a local Hero that got converted into a space that a group could use as a hideout.Hope this is more helpful than confusing. :PEDIT: Gah, I work on this post for two hours, and Kumata sneaks in at the last minute to steal my thunder. Oh well. :lol:IC: (Loadstone)As Magneta's concentration began to fail, a yellow barrier of energy appeared underneath the rapidly descending barricade. Sugar Rush gritted her teeth and groaned; there was no way she could hold this sort of weight for any length of time. Using the last fragments of her willpower, she created a curtain of energy that swept the two closest Heroes, in this case X-Calibur and Skyra, through the gap before she let go of the shield. The metallic barrier met the floor with a rumble, then all was silent.Loadstone slammed his fist against the slab of lead with a snarl, electricity sparking harmlessly off its surface. They had come into this with manpower enough to tip the odds in their favor; now, the team was effectively split in half. The glow of the overhead lights seemed incredibly cold, now.There was not much time to deal with the loss of the other Heroes, however. Farther down the tunnel, lights flickered to life as hulking figures tripped the sensors beneath them. Even at this distance, their bluish-gray skin and oddly shaped heads marked them as Sharkmen, and a sizable group of them at that.OOC: Sugar Rush, Magneta, Mystic, and Nil have been left behind. I figured I should toss Sugar Rush in with the inactive charries in the off chance that one of them becomes active again; that way, they've got someone for interaction.~ Rumpelstiltskin Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutX-Calibur gripped his Energy Machete at an angle, watching the Sharkmen make their approach."Sharkmen," he said for the benefit of anyone unfamiliar with the Coalition's animal hybrid servants...

IC:"Your....beloved. Does he have a name exactly?" asked Madness.Atlanteans...how he wished that Jocasta was here. Where was she now?IC:Meanwhile in New York."I need sanctuary, I'm telling you! There's this ****** who's trying to kill me?"The hero was one of those people that loved to deny other people things."And who is the person exactly?" he asked, lounging in the swivel chair and placing his feet on the desk.Ugh. He didn't wash his shoes. There was something white on them, and it didn't look like chewing gum, much less smell like it."She's not on your database, so what can I tell you? She has a lot of resources and she wants to kill me!"

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: Yeah, Knoxville is the geographic center of the eastern US.IC: Nathan was speeding(as in going fast, not the crime) south on US-129 when his police radio crackled to life. Apparently there were going to be quite a few police after him, and a barricade had been set up ahead. Joy. Well, getting the police after you is one way to attract an organisation of superheroes.He was already headed toward McGee Tyson airport(he had bought a ticket earlier), so it was time to kick it into high gear.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC(Fellwyd): "Isolation under stress is generally not conducive to proper mental health."The alien, meanwhile, was rather troubled by the apparently isolated nature of those who opposed the League - they had an apparently well-organized enemy in the League, few of them seemed to coordinate with each other in any meaningful way, instead choosing to devote their time to counter-productive schemes like an arena for gladiatorial combat, and yet all of these enemies of the League still existed. The Reaper had been eliminated, to be sure, but all of the unstable elements that had been present at the arena were, save the ones who had probably been killed in the chaos there at the end, still alive and free.If the League had so many powerful people working under the same organization, how were any of these people still operating?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: While he had training in multiple military disciplines, Donovan Locke was a marine at heart, and the marines had a motto: One shot, one kill. As he saw the hostiles arrayed in the corridor beyond the falling wall (he would never say it out loud, but he called it) the soldier decided now would be a good time to exercise it. He had twelve rounds in each pistol - regular, lead bullets, not the incendiary, armor-piercing, explosive or otherwise just nasty ammo he had available - and planned to make every shot count.With practised ease and the eye of a prodigy, he sighted down the sharkmen closest to their position and began unloading rounds in their heads with pinpoint precision, prioritizing the largest. Their bodies would trip up the others the most. His legs were braced against the ground, partly to absorb recoil, but also ready to spring out of the way if these sharkmen turned out to have projectile weapons available.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Nathan grinned when he heard the familiar sirens. The chase was on. His smile only widened when the familiar voice of Sergeant Johnson came on the radio, telling them Nathan had switched directions. He pulled into the airport, and about an hour later he was in the air on the way to New York.

BZPRPG Profiles

If the League had so many powerful people working under the same organization, how were any of these people still operating?
OOC: The League is clearly really lazy.... I mean, they let Silver in and he doesn't even have a job! Disgraceful! :PIC:
An armoured fist heavily impacted into Silver's gut, swiftly followed by a sizable bludgeon to the head by an energy cannon. The blows were enough to send the psychic sprawling to the floor, where a metal foot pressed down to keep him there."Pathetic. This is the Crystax's royal legacy? You're not worthy of the honor...." Technax spat, cracking his cybernetic neck with the sound of grinding metal. The Armarda Mothership bridge, already in horrible state after the earlier battle was pratically coming apart now, along with the rest of the Mothership itself, but that fact seemed oblivious to the two combatants."T-That we can agree on... but better me than a tyrant like you""Ha! Tyrancy is all a matter of opinion of the weakest..." the cyborg leader of the invasion of Earth scoffed, pressing down harder upon Silver until he gave a pained cry. "This could've been so much simpler if you had just surrended the Crystal to me when you had the chance... instead you caused all this" he gestured to the ruined bridge of his mighty vessal, then out of the windows where Earth lay far away: even from this distance small pockets of massive devastation could be seen from Technax's war machines.".....""Oh yes, you're as responsible for their suffering as I am. Having all the power in the cosmos means such a pathetic world would be beneath my notice... but you had to defy me, just as your mother did. A shame really... I would've had so much more fun interrogating her than you" he chuckled until the laugh caught in his throat as he was thrown upwards, hitting the ceiling hard before falling back and being propelled the length of the room by a psychic blast."Don't you dare speak a word about my mother" Silver growled, struggling back to his feet before collasping to his knees as his body was hit by a surge of pain. Glancing up to his opponent, the psychic was surprised to see Technax seemed to be suffering just as badly."You have no IDEA what you've unleashed, welp. The devasation my army caused will seem like nothing in comparison to what is to come!" Technax forced himself back up, wiping a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth before aiming his arm-cannon at Silver. "Thankfully you won't live enough to feel bad about it"The wounded Silver attempted to summon a barrier around himself but needn't have bothered: Technax's finishing blow was sently wildly off course as energy tendrils from the exploding core burst into the back of the room, starting to tear it apart and draw more matter into the growing explosion. Technax snarled and reaimed his cannon, only to find Silver had dissappeared: turned invisible no doubt. Glancing around with his artifical eye (the only one that had any hope of detecting the hybrid), Technax backed towards his throne before leaping into and throwing a switch. His throne suddenly began to sink rapidly into the floor, a pair of armored panels starting to close over the escape route as he fled through it."Enjoy going down with the ship!" Technax's gloating was cut off by a surprised cry as he suddenly detected Silver above, the panels closing before he could slip through: but that didn't stop a wristblade from being stabbed directly through the panels, just narrowly stopped short of the Armarda leader's head. Stuck on the other side, Silver returned to visibility as he began cutting his way through as fast as he could, before no bridge remained for him to stay in. Keeping his cannon aimed skyward Technax quickly reached the bottom of the shaft, where his personal escape pod remained: perhaps the most glorified and heavily armed escape pod ever designed. Rushing toward safety, the warlord pre-emptively began to overcharge his cannon in preperation for one final conflict that would surely be any second no-"TECHNAX! You're not leaving this ship while I still live!" Silver swore, two wristblades ready to go even as he reached the end of the shaft and saw Technax boarding his escape ship. Technax just chuckled, not even bothering to turn to face him."You are correct... so you'll have to STOP LIVING!" the cyborg snarled, whirling and firing the overcharged blast from his cannon which tore into the entire hallway towards the psychic, impacting into his throne and sending obscuring smoke all around. Waiting a few seconds for sounds of life or heroic dribble, and witnessing the pratically obliterated hallway now spread in front of him Technax was satisfied Silver had been annilated. "Weakling..."Technax was so caught in his victory that he didn't notice the fading blue energy trail partially hidden by smoke as he entered his escape vehicle, settling into his command chair before launching: with a burst of engine exhaust that would have incinerated any bit of Silver still breathing the pod rocketed out on a direct path through the crumbling vessal and towards the void of space... one passager too heavy.
Silver winced and squirmed as the memories replayed in his head, forcing him to rewatch his own actions once more. Still without the strength to awaken, he was simply forced to float helplessy and relive it all... not a pleasant experiance, especially as the worst was yet to come.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC: (Loadstone)The Sharkmen reeled as Ultionis opened fire on them, one toppling with a bullet lodged in its eye while the others clutched at where bullets were lodged in their armor-thick skin. Shoving roughly past its injured comrades, one Sharkman lifted a metallic cylinder and aimed it at Ultionis. The weapon was crude and bulky - it consisted of two metallic chambers connected to the sides of a longer barrel, with several tubes arcing around it - but with the glowing orange panels along the sides, it seemed uncannily similar to the blasters the Technax Armada had used.The laser bolt that discharged from the cobbled-together blaster was anything but crude, however. And as the Sharkman took aim for another shot, two more of the hybrids revealed matching firearms...~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Coalition Mine hideoutX-Calibur tilted his Energy Machete so that the flat face of the blade faced toward the Sharkmen and swiped it in front of Ultionis. The shot from the Sharkman's blaster struck the crackling energy field around the blade - there was a colourful flash and fizz of sparks as the shot was dissipated."First time I've seen them outfitted with guns," X-Calibur muttered. "It's like the Lupines all over again."IC - Sluice @ EpsilonBriefly Sluice wondered if all alien races had frequent mental issues, or if the human race was an exception in that regard. Fellwyd seemed quite level-headed, but then again he was a soldier.Maybe's it's just because I'm not cut out for all this, Sluice thought. Perhaps I just can't handle the pressure of heroism and it's all starting to catch up with me.Shortly before the invasion of the Technax Armada - it felt like years ago now - Sluice had considered taking a break from hero work in order to get her life back together. Five weeks on and that still hadn't happened yet. Things just seemed to keep cropping up to get in the way.Should I even be operating as a hero at all, what with my second personality? Is it irresponsible of me to take the burden of protecting people when I might 'switch' and forget what I was doing at any moment?She forced herself to stop thinking about Abyss. Silver had much more pressing problems right now. It was selfish of her to worry about her own issues."We're travelling to the headquarters of the League of Salvation now," she said to Fellwyd, and Epsilon translated accordingly. "There'llbe a lot of other superheroes there; some of the best in the world." She thought that Fellywd might take an interest, having had a similar role on his homeworld.IC - Gadgeteer @ Submarine"I have not," said Gadgeteer simply. "Now, a question. You have chosen not to kill us on sight, or rather, not to try to kill us - you are instead open to the idea of negotiation. Your aim is to obtain the files on Lockdown and free Baron Carchas. From the alias and the fact that he is trapped in a general's private prison I am guessing that he is a supervillain of some notoriety. You cannot obtain the files alone, so you want to know if we can do it for you. But my question is what you have that you believe will entice us, a group of heroes, to aid your plans in any way..."

Edited by Kumata

IC(Whistler): The businessman, meanwhile, was reading a book on dog-training while he waited for the others to blow up the shark-in-a-suit or whatever their plan was.The book wasn't particularly interesting, but someone had left it in what passed for a glovebox, and he needed something to do.OOC: I kind of got confused in the planning stages for this operation, is he waiting in a submarine and keeping that ready in case hasty absconding needs to be done, or is he waiting in a plane and keeping it ready?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: He's waiting in a League Jet, which Gadgeteer put on autopilot to fly round in circles. If you want, to save fuel, Whistler could land it on the water - I don't think we've ever established if League Jets can land safely on water, although I think they should - it's a sensible design feature given how much cross-continental journeying heroes do.Also edited a Sluice IC to my post while you were posting.

IC: "I have chosen to fight partly because doing so would probably kill my ally," she waved to Killer Mari, who was maintaining her cnidarian-themed psychic shield but had so far not made a move. "And partly because I am in the right. I know he is holding my beloved at the very least, probably even more, all without trial. That breaks those 'human rights' you heroes hold so dear, no?"IC: Buzzing at the gates of the mansion activated the automated security measures. A mechanical voice asked Nathan to state his name and business.OOC: You know Kaithas, if you were going to get him to the League in, like, three posts...why didn't you just start him in the League? :rolleyes:

7AOYGDJ.jpg