Trapped in a Map

Toa Kovolta

IC: Kapa / the Royal Gardens

Kapa started walking back toward the city. As he approached the wall surounding the city, he called upon his elemental power and sent flew up onto the wall. He then jumped down into the city. Kapa started walking toward the royal gardens. On his way, he walked past the well, the tunnel entrances and the palace. He reached the royal gardens, and noted the sun going down. It was risky to be out in the open in the night, with the Disruptors and Armaggedon...Kapa prefered to be inside his house. Sitll, there was a fair amount of time until the sun completely disappeared below the horizon, so Kapa stayed in the Garden for a bit longer. It was one of his favorite places in the map. Kapa admired the greenery. It was the only source of food and plant life in the map. He waited about half an hour longer, then started walking toward his house.

He had only walked a few hundred Bio before he came across a group of Armaggedon. He avoided them by ducking into a building. When he was inside, he realized he probably shoud have checked to see what the building was. He nervously turned around. There were some citizens there, talking, but seemed not to notice him.

"Uh...Hello?"

2xu8Ptu.png

IC / Slaughterhouse The Temple, Preparing for an Inquisition:

Slaughterhouse rolled his eyes - not that anyone could see them - as Voebius walked out of the Temple. He and Koranga didn't want to wait. They wanted blood, pain, prisoners, and torture. Yet still, this organization gave them reason to legally do as they wished, so going against the will of the Worshipers was a bad idea. Thus, he began to clean the sanctuary with a vigor that would look like he wanted to strangle someone. Of course, he did.

IC / Water Outcast Towers, The Disruptor Meeting:

Water sat in her corner, staying quiet like the outcasts she and her group were. She knew that even the Disruptors didn't feel too fond of Armageddon's suicidal plans, and that was why they weren't the same organization. Still, she had been invited because she had sway in the plan. Thus, she could put forth her two cents and work the crowd. As soon as a break in the speaking occurred, she would put a word in edgewise.

Once Kratep was done, she immediately stood and addressed the room as a whole, "If I may. Is the point of your group not your namesake? Are you not looking to disrupt the Worshipers in any way? Chaos, riots, and an uprising as a whole would not be beneficial at all to the cause? Why not make the denizens of the Map hate someone?"

She paused, gauging how to continue by the reaction of the crowd. Then, before she could be interrupted, she continued, "Make them hate Carmera! Make them hate the Worshipers, Enforcers, and Inquisition! Cut their water away, destroy their supplies, and open the city! Are there not wielders of stone, earth, air, water, and plants within your organization? Destroy the Wall! Free the slaves of this world! Yes, I might be saying this from my perspective of twisted hatred and love of chaos, but in what way could this go adversely?"

She heard many begin to scoff, as if her plan was idiocy. "Better yet! March forth, break down the city's walls, and drive them out of their homes! Take their role, and have the people see you as their saviors! Be what the Worshipers cannot - normal. Be the everyday citizens rioting to get a better life."

For sure, the Disruptors being in control would be better. But not just for the average citizen. Being able to move and propagate more freely would help achieve the goals of Armageddon. Water wanted chaos, destruction, unrest, and thus an easier time. She smirked as she sat again, waiting to see how her seed of chaos would affect those present.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

GM IC :

The final flash of light finally died down, a second horn sounded, and the people of the city started returning to busy lives.

IC / Mystiko / At Outcast Towers / With the Disrupters:

A small Ko-Matoran stood silently at the back of the crowd as he listened to the speeches being made. Finally he cleared his throat, calling everyone's attention, and spoke up.

"Excuse me," he said. "You all have very valid points. Food, Water, military, religion, and a lack of unity in those who oppose them all help keep the Worshippers in power. But you are all forgetting the most important reason they are in power. The Carver. Though, I myself do not believe he is a god, one cannot ignore the fact that he does hold great power over us. He can vastly control and influence all events that occur in this small world of his. He is constantly watching us, listening to us. He's could listening to us right now! He could stop this rebellion before it even starts.

Now, I'm not saying that our lives are hopeless. I'm not saying that we must live the rest of our days here in this Karzahni with no sense of free will for the rest of our days. Our one advantage is that the Map is overpopulated and the Carver only pays attention to those who stand out, like Carmera. Taking a seat of power would not help us in the slightest. It would just draw the Carver's attention. He would start controlling us like he does the Worshippers and we would be no better off.

Why is it you all think we must disrupt the Worshippers' way of life, or as our watery friend here believes, destroy it. All this just calls attention to ourselves. If we are quiet. If we let the Worshippers and the Carver feel like they have control, they'll stay out of our way, and we'll be able to concentrate on what's important. Escape.

As our [Darkness] friend said, everyone shares the same want, the same need for escape. But I am confused when he speaks of making up a method of escape. Has no one here heard the legend of the one who disappeared?"

The crowd was starting to become a little restless during his speech. Who was this Matoran who was explicitly condescending their way of life. A way of life they'd upheld for thousands of years. But the problem was, he was making sense. It was the Carver who was the problem, not the Worshippers.

OOC: A Mystiko profile will be coming soon. He isn't a Disrupter, and no-one actually invited him to the meeting, but no-one actually knows that.

And by the way, Lorax, I love those diagrams you made. Ha ha.

Edited by Toa Kovolta

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

IC: Zayin / Outcast Towers

Zayin looked as though he were about to open another speech out onto what Water had started saying when Mystiko arose from nowhere to speak up. How amusing. The sheer amount of different ideas present, with no clear goal in mind, was why so many of these plans were doomed to fail.

The end of the Matoran's speech was what caught his ear. Maintaining his bleak demeanor, he asked the Matoran, "And what, pray tell, is the legend of the one who disappeared?"

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC / Mystiko / At the Ouctast Towers / With the Disrupters:

"It is said that 30,000 years ago a Toa who was imprisoned in the dungeon of this very tower simply vanished in front of his guards eyes. Upon hearing the news, Carmera put the guards to death, and the entire Inquisiton was put on a Map wide search that lasted days. They never found him, and he hasn't been seen since. It is believed that somehow this Toa found a way out of the Map, even though he was imprisoned in the highest security dungeon. It was after this incident that the Worshippers started keeping prisoners in stasis.

Over the years, the Toa's name has been forgotten, and it seems even his story has been forgotten, but it is believed he was the very first person to be trapped in this dim world."

IC: Kratep (Outcast Towers)

"Hm.. Interesting. While giving the dungeons a look-over wouldn't be a horrible idea, Takarik, I think his disappearance is less where he was and more mental, or perhaps there was an object of some sort involved."

He looks thoughtful, one hand grasping his chin while the others hang by his sides.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

"This was a Worshipper base at the time, was it not?" Zayin asked rhetorically. "There are Worshippers who have lived that long, and were likely based here. Perhaps a guard or official based in the law of the land at the time may still be around who remembers those days, and could tell us more about who this Toa was before the disappearance? What crimes got him here? That would surely tell us more."

This entire idea was unbelievable. But Zayin wanted out of the Map, and the Worshippers being taken down were merely a mean to an end. This took precedence over anything else.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Look at them all, running around worrying about the power of the Carver, or the mystery of this disappearing prisoner. Amazing how much power stories and superstition could have on minds if you added just a pinch of fear. Taamaska preferred to place her trust in a completely different S. Science. It was what got her the armour she was wearing now, it was what had kept her out of prison, it was the only way forward for those with a lick of sense. If the Carver was so troubled by rebellions, why had he not just stomped on all the Disruptors while they were gathered here? Still, it gave a possible new tactic for the Disruptors to use in their ongoing effort against the religious tyranny of this world.

"if we wanted to get others on our side," she said, "Those who believe in the Carver and wouldn't follow us otherwise, perhaps we could claim to have found some form of instructions left by him that put us in the right? Say we have the Holy Commandments of the Carver and that the Worshippers are breaking them all the time. Fear and doubt can cut as sharply and as deeply as any blade."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "Creating a so called, holy commandments, could work. I might know who would remember what that Toa got in here for though, what about Judge Japudo? He's been trapped here longer then most of us. He might remember why that Toa was put in here." Takarik, like Zayin, deeply desired escape from the map. Breaking the Worshipers rule over the city was just doing the right thing while he searched for a way to escape.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC / Carmera / At the Palace:

Carmera was making her way through the maze of staircases and hallways in the Palace when she heard the horn indicating the arrival of another victim. It was another reason why she spent most of her life in the palace. The Carver was bringing in so many people nowadays, that one could barely go to the market without getting blinded by the constant flashing of names in the sky.

Reaching the ground floor she headed for the courtroom. She had a meeting with Judge Japudo to discuss the large outflow of prisoners from the barracks lately.

OOC: Not so fast, Carmera... it's time to ride.

IC: High Inquisitor Voebius | Palace

As Carmera would have turned into around the corner heading to the courtroom, the High Inquisitor turned, blocking off her continued way through the palace. Her hand was up in a formal manner signalling that she intended to stop and speak with her. "Prophet Carmera, I have urgent need to speak with you immediately."

OOC: Whew, so much going on. Time for a looong post.

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna had been leaning against the wall as each of the three spoke, listening carefully with a guarded expression, and nodding occasionally. "Thankyou, Zayin, Kratep, Water" he said, stepping forwards once again. "You all make good point, some of which have been keeping me up at night. I will try to asnwer them as best I can."

"Zayin, you are correct that the Law Enforcers and Inquisition outnumber us, and given time and opportunity, they could crush all of us. This, Water, is why I do not suggest an all-out assault on the city. That would be suicidal (I'm sorry, you don't have a problem with suicide, so let me rephrase that: unproductive) Yes, we could storm the gate, powers blazing, but even with surprise on our side, after a long and bloody battle, we would all end up dead or in stasis. It might disrupt the Worshippers rule for a day or even a week, but it would be ultimately futile. We could make no lasting change.

However, even a small kuma can set off an avalanche that the muaka cannot outrun. The reason that we won't be fighting an organised war with the Worshippers is that we will never give them the chance to get organised for war. In a single day, (if we are properly prepared and organised) we can drain the lake, destroy the well and announce our new reserviour to the city. Then, while the Worshippers are still trying to work out what has happened, we will be here, feeding the thirsty and preparing them to run into the city and take control. This would have to be done quickly, but I believe it possible.

I will admit that during this time, Carmera may be able to organise a decent attempt at defense, but with a few hours at best, it will not be strong. Keep in mind that the Law Enforcers are not an army, but a policing force. They were recruited and trained to keep order in a city plagued by the occasional riot and a discontented population. They have never faced, and so will not be prepared for, a large-scale revolt and an assault from outside the city. Their numbers reflect this. Remember also that many Enforcers are workers like any others, who do their jobs to feed themselves and not out of any great loyalty to the Worshippers. These Enforcers are only a level above mercenaries, and if they see things turning badly for the Worshippers, they may cease to fight. Whoever runs the city, they will still have jobs, and they will know that.

With these limitations, I think it completely plausible that, given the right nudges, we might be able to gather enough citizens to ourselves and begin enough riots in uproar across the city that we could outnumber those under Carmera's command. Exactly how we do that is not important when discussing the broarder schematics of the plan, although, Kratep, your idea of postulating a hidden exit from the Map is an excellent one. Whatever course of action we come to tonight, I think that that should be part of it, and that you could be in charge of it.

That should be one way in which we can shape the spirit of the city's population, a spirit, which, I believe, is already dissatisfied with the Worshippers and their harsh, theocratic rule. Previously, that dissatisfaction hasn't had a good outlet. A few riots, yes, but nothing to seriously threaten the Worshippers'. We can provide that opportunity, but that alone, as has been correctly pointed out, will not be enough to incite the large rebellion we need. It is always easy to follow, to stick with what others are doing, but hard to step out and be the first to change. For this reason, we will need some of us in the city to give the people an example to follow. They will stir up crowds and direct them, not necessarily to us, because any other riots within the city will stretch the enforcers thinner, but of course that would be helpful. Also, there are two of us here who con control sound. In addition to broardcasting our message, we can move around the city and, while hidden, create the noises of cheering or rioting crowds, just out of sight. Emboldened by not having to be the first to rebel, it is my hope that some citizens will seek out the crowds to join them, and when many do so, they will become the bands that were, at first, illusions. I have tested this method in the past few weeks, and it has been surprisingly successful. I will admit that manipulating people is not my area of expertise, but there are others among you who know more than I. I welcome your input on this matter, and your suggestions for more ways we can encourage people to our cause.

Zayin's point about the many Disruptors trapped in stasis is entirely valid, and so I will amend my earlier statement. To 'Together we will sweep power out from underneath the Carver's servants, tear down his temple and take authority for ourselves', I will add that the barracks should, if possible, also be ransacked and our allies freed to join our forces.

Now, if it isn't obvious to everyone, this plan I am proposing is greatly risky. If it fails, many of us will likely die, and those who remain will not be able to continue as they were. This represents a move from merely disrupting the Worshippers' rule with small annoyances to attempting to overthrow it. That reward is great indeed, and it is one that I will strive for because I think it justifies the risks involved. If any others do not share my views, they are welcome to do so. You all came here tonight on faith alone, not knowing what I had to tell you. Now that you know, you have the choice of whether to accept the plan or not. I will take your decision either way."

The toa of sonics finished speaking, and an unknown Ko-matoran popped up, speaking about a hidden way out of the map. This, as everyone could see, was critical information to have, if it was correct. Dekuna's plan had focused on getting rid of the Worshippers, beings who had squashed most attempts to get out, believing that escape contradicted the Carver's will. It was a plan to remove an obstacle to escape, but it didn't actually provide a way out. What the Ko-matoran was saying was far better. The other Disruptors saw this and responded eagerly.

Still, he didn't know the Matoran, so he couldn't trust him as a source immediately. Really, even if he had been a known Disruptor, he wouldn't have blindly believed. He came from the Tren Krom Peninsula, a place of deceit and distrust, and that had left a legacy in him.

"I thank you, Matoran, for your input, though I do not know your name. If the legend of which you speak is true, then this is a great day for the Disruptors. Before we go searching the dungeons, however, I think introductions are in order. In over 40,000 years in this organisation, I have never seen or heard of you, and, while I do not wish to shun anyone who helps us, I find that a little odd. How did you come by this legend, and who invited you to this gathering?"

ppg2.png

IC / Water Outcast Towers, The Disruptor Meeting

A jet of water shot up to crash against the ceiling, bringing attention back to the one person who may have been trapped the longest of anyone there. All this talk, and Water simply cut through it all with a loud, sharp, calm, and cool, "Would it not be easier to find an escape without Worshipers, with their Enforcers and Inquisition, breathing down our necks and stopping our efforts?"

After a second of silence, "I have been here for almost sixty thousand years. I have never heard of this 'lost Toa' in all my time. Not to say that you lie, sir, but I have heard every rumor or myth to pass the lips of anyone outside of their darkest corners. Furthermore, I would not be surprised if I have seen the name of every single one of you carved upon the sky. I've seen countless more, too. The Worshipers and their associates may outnumber the Disruptors and the Armageddon, but the citizens who are not for them outnumber both groups completely. Many of them are discontent, and I know many would rebel if given the opportunity. That is why I say to cause rebellion."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: [ Ferrin ] - Near the WellToa Ferrin straightened up from the limp body of the hulking Enforcer, grinning wickedly. Momentarily, he considered dragging the intellectually-challenged individual deeper into the tunnel network, just to make sure he couldn't find his way out after he woke up, but decided against it. Time was precious; he needed to be out and doing, not spending his energies hauling around some massive Krekka. Fire didn't stick around and gnaw at the ash; it moved on.The last hints of the Glare had faded by the time he re-emerged onto the surface, and civilian activity was starting to pick up again. Water was as precious as ever, and the recently-dispersed lines were already re-forming, accompanied by angry shouts and scuffles as people fought for place at the head. Few noticed the red-armored Toa of Fire slip past a few of the tinder-dry buildings, pause a moment, then vanish left down a narrow, twisting alley. Those who noticed, didn't give it a second thought.Alone in the shadows, he considered his next move. Everything within a quarter-mile radius could be burnt to the ground in mere hours, with the right conditions and a single fireball.It was hot, hot and dry. Not quite as much wind as he would have liked, but the tar-roofed shacks were jammed close enough together to more than make up for it.OOC:Open for interaction. Next post, unless someone somehow interferes, we'll be seeing a fanatical pyromaniac at work. :evilgrin:

IC / Kaytana / The Royal Gardens:

Once the outside world cleared of the blinding light and the horn assured safety, the cultivators were sent back to their stations in the fields, kept under guard by Law Enforcers. Kaytana noted that it was her scheduled break, informing her sentries to keep a careful eye on the workers and not to hesitate in using violence to keep them at work.

Grabbing a fruit off a tree on her way, the Bo-Skakdi strolled through the flourishing flora in the direction of the Palace.

IC / Reya / The Outcast Towers:

Reya listened to the strategies proposed by prominent Disrupters, marveling over the more radical ideas and applauding the clever plans. What really did attract her attention, though, was the story narrated by that Ko-Matoran. While deeply intrigued, she was skeptical towards he whole legend due to the lack of details, as well as the stranger referring to it. However, an inspection of the dungeons here wouldn't hurt...

OOC: Lorax, I'm really sorry. Don't take the first line of Zayin's address to Dekuna personally, but I'm afraid this line is probably going to be used on anyone who disagrees even in the least bit with Zayin. So, without further ado, I get to use the line -

"If you know every name in the sky, then you may tell me mine." Zayin said, looking to Water as Dekuna finished his speech. It was an impossible question to answer; he had never made his lack of a true name a particular secret, and the name Zayin had never flashed overhead - and none could remember what it really was. "There are many strange things in our Universe which you cannot possibly begin to understand. The Map is merely another, and as that would imply, we do not understand it and any possible loopholes it may have."

"And you are special kind of stupid." Zayin said to Dekuna, who had apparently felt it best to carry on while the Matoran was speaking. "How can a person be so paranoid as to not trusting even the chance of escape, yes still be willing to send dozens of people to their deaths in the hope of maybe taking down the Worshipers?"

"You forget who we are, Dekuna. We are not an army. We are Disrupters. And despite your claims that the Enforcement is a bunch of mercenaries, they are still better organized than us. Remember that just as many of them are loyal to the Worshipers as not. They are paid well for their service. If we attempt to take that pay from them, then they will fight for it."

"Look at where we stand. We have nothing but differing opinions on a thousand different matters, and the fact you chose to invite Armaggedon only makes that worse. I think I can understand your reasoning, though. Your propositions for attempting to take power in this city are no different than theirs."

"Right now, what's important is following any leads we have." He gestured to Taamaska, saying, "And if not? Then that is when we moves such as this. We rely on our cleverness and ability to move more freely than our enemies, through the tunnels and wilderness, where they are not permitted by their own failures."

"This civilization in the map has lasted 60,000 years. Metru-Nui was not built in a day, and neither was this city. A heavily guarded city. Metru-Nui could not be taken by the Dark Hunters themselves, and they had less combatants per the population than we do. In fact, the only combatants they had were Toa bound to the Code."

"... unlike most of you." he said, looking around the room at the few other Toa who were present. Giving a grin, he said, "Bunch of murders and criminals, all of us, eh? Not like the 'good old days of honor,' that's for Karz sure." This was the first show of emotion he had made the entire speech, and it was rather unsettling. Returning to his more stoic form, he continued, "The Inquisition will not hesitate to kill us or anyone else in their way. The Enforcers will fight, or at least most of them. Many Worshipers are dangerous in their own right. The rest of the citizenry will be split into civil war, if they fight at all. Most will do nothing - and most of those who do will be against us. The best we can hope for is a small amount of food or supplies, and maybe a friendly gestures."

"I have already seen enough civil war in my lifetime to know what one is like." There was a cold venom to that sentence.

"If we succeed in finding a way out of the Map, we had best take the way immediately just as this mysterious Toa reportedly did. Go ahead and take a walk through the streets. These people have found a life in this city. Some may not like it, others have accepted it. Some have embraced it. People have found jobs to do, and many are likely bitter that our actions have riled the guards enough to make theirs harder. There are people here who have found loved ones, and some who live better lives than they did outside. If you ever take a walk around, feel free to look at the cities of our old home. Dark Hunters running about causing criminal mayhem..."

"...no offense..." Someone in the back said, "None taken, it was fun."

"... the Brotherhood refusing to intervene and aid people any more when not actively working against thme, the numbers of Toa dwindling by the hour with plenty of us having completely forsaken the supposed vows that come with the job, Stelt and Zakaz both constantly embroiled in their own little civil wars, stories claiming that Metru-Nui simply becomes more oppressive by the day."

"Think about it. Most of us had it good where we came from. Not all of them did. They don't want this taken from them. Especially those who have settled fully into a new life."

"Not one of you stops to think about that. The fact that we earned the name Disrupters by disrupting things. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. And not one of you really cares about saving the city or something self-righteous. What you want is to get a bigger piece of the pie; a pie that the Worshipers have. A piece of the pie we can get back by returning to the Matoran Universe where we came from."

"If we find a way out, we will take it. Hopefully it'll just dump us out by the Carver, so we can have a little fun with him. And destroy the Map while we're at it, for that matter, unless that's someones goal all along."

The former Dark Hunter cried out, "It was mine!"

"And if we can't? Then we take the city by force, but not by diversions or causing riots. We take it with time, and we take it by replacing what Carmera has built up with something of our own. This is a people used to control by theocracy, and one that will retain one for a very long time. Which is why what we need is a new one."

Zayin turned to the center of the room and began hurling bolts of ice and creating patterns and shapes with it in the center of the room. At first, it simply appeared as floating masses of ice; eventually, they came together to form the shape of the Temple. Zayin approached it and, reaching to his back, grabbed one of the ice picks affixed to his armor, causing the tower to crumble. The pieces then reformed, and began swirling in the air. Different shapes began forming, showing all manner of different idols and images of different ones - some easily recognized (the Hau of Mata-Nui) and others, things that most would think that he had made up.

"We just need to settle on one. Obviously, there is more to this, but that is a discussion for another time. A time where we plan for war."

Allowing the entire thing to crumble with a simple exercise of his will, he turned to Mystiko and said, "Please, tell us more about what you know, Matoran. Do be quick, everyone here seems to love the sound of their own voice, and your small frame is likely to drown in it."

IC / Mystiko / At Outcast Towers / With the Disrupters:

The Ko-Matoran scoffed at Dekuna's questions. "Organization? What organization? The Disrupters is just a name given to those who cause disruption in the city. It is no more an organization than an angry mob. I was chuckling earlier too when you said that you had informed every Disrupter of the meeting - an impossible feat. There are way more Disrupters in the city than even you know about. And more even than would fit in this room.

But excuse my manners, my name is Mystiko. And if you must know, I was told of this meeting by another Disrupter who unfortunately couldn't make it, due to his unfortunately being caught by the law as he was making his way over here," he lied.

"As for my story, I found it written on a tablet in the hall of records a few years ago. I've been looking for people who might know more about it since, but haven't had any luck. Maybe Carmera thought it might inspire more people to disobey her and the Carver by giving them firm hope that there was a way out of the Map and decided it was best to try and make the story disappear. Maybe she had her psionic helpers wipe it from the minds of everyone in the Map. Or maybe it was the Carver himself?

The point is, the story exists, and therefore we cannot ignore it."

OOC: I like how everyone just ignored my comments about how making ourselves noticed would just encourage the Carver to stop us.

Oh, and Shadowhawk. Most of the Buildings are made out of stone. There is some would that would burn, but there wouldn't be that much damage.

OOC: @ Levacuis: No offense taken. I'm particularly fond of that line myself. @ Kovolta: Nothing we can do about that. It's a given so no point in discussing it.

IC (Dekuna): Once again, Dekuna ignored the insults. Zayin was known for his abrasive manner, and confronting him on that level wasn't going to get anywhere.

"I am being cautious" he replied. "I too am curious about this potential way out of the Map, and, if it proves true, then I will happily abandon my own plans and pursue it. Before such action is taken, however, it is wise to make sure we are not being led into a trap.

You cannot compare this risk to my plan. On one hand, I know the risks and will do my best to avoid them. If I fail, then I will do so having done my best, and then accept that. On the other is an unknown risk, and a promise without any backup from evidence. In this situation, I believe that it is wise to find out all that we can before exposing ourselves to the risk. We can be cautious and do what we can to mitigate the risk without throwing away this new avenue entirely. Imagine that we went into the dungeons of this tower and discovered a new room that was dark inside. It would be foolish to turn away because of the darkness, but also reckless to charge straight in. The correct path would be to hold a lightstone before us as we entered, so that we could first know of any danger and weigh the risks. My questions are a lightstone, not a lock on the door. Speak, Matoran, and let us hear more on this matter so that we can judge it well"

The Matoran did speak, then, and his words were not reassuring. Dekuna liked a stricter definition of the Disruptor organisation: those who had worked together in (slightly) orangised efforts to disrupt. In his mind, the Disruptors were committed to the cause not just any being who caused trouble. "And who was the Disruptor who told you?" he inquired. "It would spread a lot more light if you could name them."

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC / Carmera / At the Palace / With Voebius: "Ah yes, High Inquisitor. How goes the inquisition?"

IC / Mystiko / At Outcast Towers / With the Disrupters: "I believe his name was Farok." "Farok, was captured?!" exclamed the former dark hunter. "Rahi bones!"

OOC: Thanks for the NPC Lev. :D

@Lorax: But it can be helped. Like Mystiko said, if they lay low, the Carver will ignore them.

Edited by Toa Kovolta

OOC:His immature mental voice is blue, the serious one red. His voice is green.

IC:Mercon/The Market/Staking out a hit

Mercon sat on a box in the second floor of an abandoned market building, looking through it's main window, waiting for his target to show up

"This should be easy" "It won't be. Remember last time?" "I hope it's not easy, because then its' fun" "WILL you both please shut up" "Fine"

"Why should I?" "Because we need the money for new weapons!!!!" "Oh yeah" He then felt his internal voices quiet. He had sighted his target. He pulled out his zamor launcher and shot. His target was a dealer of explosives,so the fireball he shot kinda disintergrated his mark in a firey explosion. But he got him. He then started to walk towards the Disruptor meeting, whistling all the while.

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

IC - Oryan:

The Vortixx snorted.

"By no means!" he exclaimed.

"Things are a little complex in this city. You've got the Worshippers--some see the Carver as God, others just want an easier life: they all bow before him, hypocrites or not. Then there's the City Law Enforcement: we keep the peace around this city, although some members are as fanatical as those religious cool dudes. The main opposition to those two is in the form of Disruptors, people who don't like the carver, and don't like the current order. They can be noble freedom fighters or vile terrorists and thieves. The Inquisition comes from the Worshipper faction: they're the military arm of the religion. They don't work to keep the order, just to torture and execute anyone who opposes them."

He took a deep breath after that spiel. "Can't say I'm happy about the politics, but it's better than Xia so I'm content to stay. I work as an Enforcer, but... I'm a bit more independent than most."

IC: Nahri - Deserted Home

"So the Carver sticks us in here, and some are crazy enough to worship him?" Nahri asked confusedly.

She took a quick glance outside and noticed that the lights had finally stopped.

"It seems as if the Disruptors are the only people that have it right in this city..."

OOC: Hey Gears, do you happen to be in the same building that Nahri and Oryan are in?

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

OOC:Why not?

IC:Mercon/The Market/Retrival of stuff

While walking, Mercon realized he had forogotten one of his katana. So he started to walk back to get it, only to walk in to a conversation between to beings

"The disruptors aren't the only right things in this city,honey, you look just right to be a model" "Nice" "We don't have time for this"

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........

IC / Water Outcast Towers, The Disruptor Meeting:

This was not boding well. Water was getting irritated, and she wasn't sure if it was because this Matoran was right or very wrong. She knew the Carver had power, but she also knew he didn't tend to suddenly strike the inhabitants of the Map. Or at least harm them. Especially not large groups. Maybe...if she could get the Carver angry...maybe....Would he possibly?

Water sat back an waited, picking her brain for ideas and listening to the goings-on.

Nahri bristled at the newcomer's comment. She spun around and raised her staff as the Toa walked down the stairs.The Toa was... strange looking, and was wearing black and white armor, and wielding katana swords.

"Lovely comment." Oryan said as he raised his crossbow.

"Do you know this guy?" Nahri asked him.

OOC: Post fixed.

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: Nahri - Deserted Home "So the Carver sticks us in here, and some are crazy enough to worship him?" Nahri asked confusedly. She took a quick glance outside and noticed that the lights had finally stopped. "It seems as if the Disruptors are the only people that have it right in this city..." OOC: Hey Gears, do you happen to be in the same building that Nahri and Oryan are in?

IC - Oryan - Deserted house:

"I could haul you into into the Inquisition for that comment, I suppose," Oryan said, smiling to show that he was joking. "But I'd sooner have you become a Disruptor."

"I don't think anyone has it right, honestly. The Inquisition are nothing but fearmongers, and us Enforcers aren't much better sometimes. The Worshippers are weaklings, who worship a Toa because they're either too weak or too brainwashed to do otherwise. And the Disruptors..." His eyes grew hard. "They can't even be called a faction. Some are scum that I'm glad to have wiped the street with, others are warriors I'd be honored to face in combat. I've hunted down more than a few in my days, and I don't like what I see. We're all ants in the end, though. All ants trying to act like we're Toa..."

He trailed off as the door open. Even as the figure appeared in the door and began speaking Oryan instinctively whipped out his crossbow in a single fluid movement. He relaxed slightly.

"Lovely comment. You are?" his voice had little emotion, and it was hard to tell if he was annoyed or just bored.

"Do you know this guy?" Oryan shrugged.

"No," he said, but his mind was cycling through all the faces he could remember... Profiles and criminal cases. The Toa was familiar, but he couldn't place him.

"Do I know you, Toa?" he said, slightly suspicious.

Edited by Grantaire

IC:Mercon/Abandoned House/Explaining

"Mercon. My name is Mercon. And did I mention how nice your weapon is? I wouldn't like to be shot with that. Seriously, though shoot me. I dare you." This won't end well. But it will be fun. Heck yeah it will.

ooc: my armor is red and black btw

Edited by Gears The Toa

3018587.png

"I don't work like that. I shoot people who work like that," Oryan said, observing the Toa curiously, but not dropping his guard. "If you want me to kill you or drag you off to prison, you'd better give me a Lightstone of a reason. or are you just looking to kill yourself?" He wasn't sure if he was dealing with a madman or a sneaky assailant.

Edited by Grantaire

As much as she wanted this creep to get shot, it was obvious that he could be dangerous.

Nahri kept her staff ready, there was a good chance she was going to need it...

IC:Mercon/Deserted House

"Nah, I just have a healing factor"

*Cuts off his arm*

*Arm slowly regrows*

"See?"

3018587.png

Nahri almost vomited. This guy was crazy and disgusting.

"Does your healing power regrow heads?" Nahri challenged as she readied her blade.

"That's wonderful, really wonderful," Oryan said with exaggerated calm. "I'm sure you'd love to explain to the owner of the house why there's blood on his carpet, right? Vandalism's not a nice thing to do, even if it's just to show off your power."

He could haul him off on those grounds alone, lock him up for a day and then let him go. But he wanted to see if there was more to the Toa than just that.

"Sorry you have to deal with this welcome to our glorious city, Nahri," he said dryly.

OOC: Incidentally, I'd advise use of prose at all times. Chatbox actions just sound a little odd here. ;)

Edited by Grantaire

IC:Mercon/Abandoned House

"Nooo, that would be............................ wait are you going to decapitate me?"

*backs away*

"Umm SHIELDS ACTIVATE" 'smooth' 'what's gonna happen now?'

*Activates Hau*

OOC: Gotta go to bed now irl, it's like 12 am

3018587.png

OOC: Thanks for the NPC Lev. :D

OOC: Henceforth he shall be known as... Red Text Dark Hunter?

IC: High Inquisitor Voebius | Within - Palace

"My Inquisitors have seen known Outcast within the city, meeting in elemental silence with known Disrupters for unknown reasons. I have received multiple reports along my way here that few Disrupters we have been watching in hopes of catching others are missing completely from city, in far greater numbers than I am comfortable with."

"This confirms what I have suspected for very long time. The Disrupters are hiding amongst Outcasts and striking Paradise under dead of night. We have already confirmed this for few, but with large increase of missing persons, this only gives further reasoning. We lack necessary knowledge of movements through tunnels to move large numbers with good time and without being seen."

"I wish to take my forces beyond Gate and allow Inquisition to make example of those known to work within cities. With attack now, we can quell any of these missing rebels that we find out there, and bring back some as examples."

"Why are you asking questions?" Zayin asked. "We already know he isn't a Disrupter. But I suspect he's not working with the Worshipers either. I can't imagine how large that paycheck would have to be. Probably the amount that, if I had any widgets left, I would bet that I already know why you're here, Matoran."

Moving close to Mystiko, he looked down and said, "You don't t really know much more than the legend. Oh, you know more, that's for sure, but you're not going to tell us. And as a Matoran, apparently without any modifications to provide powers or weaponry, you lack the ability to face down an entire force of Worshipers and Law Enforcement and Inquisitors who are trying to stand between you and your own escape. And escape... that's what you really want. But you need help."

"And what are we," he said, turning to the other Disrupters and doing a sweep, looking around, "But a disorganized mess of strong beings trying to get free? Not strong enough to conquer... not yet. But strong enough to get.. what..."

He turned back to the Matoran, "You.... want. What we want, as well."

"Am I hitting it close?" he asked.

OOC: ha ha, that's fine. I should probably do the same soon.

IC - Oryan - Deserted House:

"No, I don't think she will," Oryan said calmly. "But you're obviously not making a good impression here, cutting off arms and bloodying carpets. Why don't you calm down and go home." He spoke in a soothing tone of voice, inwardly forcing himself not to switch to his explosives and blow the shield to the other side of the city.

"I could haul him in for minor vandalism, but that's really a small charge to waste so much energy on," the Vortixx replied to Nahri, grinning slightly. "I don't know though, if he goes around cutting his arms off for show he might become the most amusingly masochistic terrorist we've had yet."

OOC: Okay guys, I'll be online only in the afternoons after this, maybe occasionally a quick post in the morning for the next week. G'night.

Edited by Grantaire

IC:Mercan/A street

Mercan backed out of the house, picking up his arm, and ran to his house

His house was a small apartment on the city outskirts. It was a little dirty and had

a broken light,he walked in and jumped onto his bed, and passed out.

3018587.png

IC / Reya / Outcast Towers:

Reya, not one to contribute to this meeting and eager to investigate the dungeons of the Towers, glanced to the doors of the chamber. If this legend was true, then there had to be a clue somewhere in this decaying structure that her thief's eye could detect. However, she had never visited this place before and was concerned with any traps or wild Rahi nesting in these ruins.

"Hey, Kratep," The Ga-Toa whispered, elevating herself on the toes of her ebon boots to reach his head. "Help me scope out the dungeons in this place. There could be something down there that can help us."

She had noted Kratep's uncanny ability to crawl through minuscular openings and crevices during their brief time together. That particular trait made him a valuable asset in Reya's eyes in a search of an old Worshipper base.

IC / Kaytana / En route to the Palace:

Munching on her fruit in a manner other species found revolting, Kaytana made her way to the Palace. Any Law Enforcers she passed displayed their respect with a salute, and civilians gave a bow, lest they earn more than a hard glare from the Skakdi.

As she neared the Palace, Kaytana passed a dark alleyway, in which a certain Toa of Fire (Ferrin) hid himself, along with more bowing citizens.

"Well, that was strange." Nahri said to Oryan after the black armored Toa had picked up his arm and run out of the house. "I guess there's no point in following him though?"

IC - Oryan - Deserted Home:

Oryan shrugged.

"Nothing. I'll make a note of him as a slightly unstable individual, but beyond that he's broken no laws."

He looked out the open door.

"Flashes are past now, and my shift's pretty much up. Want to see some of the city?"