Epilogue

IC (Katherine)

"Really?" Katherine allowed a trace of doubt to enter into her voice. "I'd hardly think so, two people asked to partner with you in as many minutes." She squinted at Dante, trying to place him. "Ah. You'd be the fellow who introduced his face to a few different seats yes?" How did one, she wondered, lose their balance while sitting in a seat? It didn't make any logical sense.....and there she was, expecting logic again. She'd need to break that habit if she was going to survive here.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"On the grounds of intellect and sanity." Alistair pointed out, smiling slightly as he corrected his collar. The portion of his garment had been disturbed slightly in his trip through the crowd, and now that most people had left, he had time to straighten it."Most people go for the people that they either know well, or they know to be a skilled combatant. I fit the former category for some, but no one knows enough of my skill set to make a judgement on that. Well, except perhaps the staff. In the eyes of the student body, I'm the historian. The scholar. Not the person you think of for the tournament of tests, and as a result, the person that would have to work harder at finding a partner.""I lucked out and had two people without that prior bias arrive."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Katherine)

"Personally, I find the ability to think far more useful then the ability to hit something really really hard. But that's just me." Katherine smiled for a moment, out of habit she didn't show her teeth. Had to watch things like that, someone might ask questions. Didn't need to worry about it here, but old habits were hard to break. "Any place we grab a bite to eat around here? I'd prefer not to be here when the lights go out. Or when the doors lock."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"The cafeteria should be just this way." The British teenager stood, slipping his bag over his shoulder, and gesturing towards one of the large room's side doors. "Unless, of course, Arnie moved things around again. He does that every now and again, I think he enjoys keeping us on our toes."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Katherine)

"My old trainer would have hated him." Katherine shrugged and made to follow Alistair. "Can't say I blame him really. Much like many things....he wasn't what I was expecting."

IC:Alistair started walking at a brisk pace, moving with the ease of someone who knew the route inside and out. As such, he didn't pay much attention to exactly where he was going, using memory and habit to follow a well-traveled hall."No one was expecting Arnie. When my parents described the school I would be attending, and its Headmaster, I envisioned a mountain of a man, hardened by battle, and as serious about the task of guarding against demons as my father. What I was not expecting was a man slightly pudgy in build, with an enthusiasm for creativity and drama. But in his own way, I think he is serious, and more than that, he's competent. I mean, he manages to keep a school full of more races than I have fingers from devolving into chaos, and even forms the majority of them into competent members of the supernatural community.""That takes a certain kind of skill, in my opinion."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Katherine)
“So he’s obfuscating then. I didn’t think headmasters tried that. Outside of movies at least.” Katherine paused. “They’re aren’t going to be drinking fountains filled with blood in the cafeteria right? I mean I am a vampire. But I was raised in modern society. Outside of horror movies….” Katherine honestly didn’t know what to expect, considering the massive mixing pot this place was.

IC:There was a pause stretching into almost a minute, as Alistair's head slowly turned to look directly at Katherine, expression frozen in mild surprise. The student seemed to have been caught completely off guard by the question, and in fact, he had been. Newer students often had questions, but making sure there weren't fountains of blood was most certainly a new one.Then the moment was gone, and he chuckled quietly to himself. "No, no fountains of blood, thank the Lord. I'm all for cooperation, even friendship, between Nobles and Hunters, but that would be a bit unnerving. No, they typically do things a bit more quietly. Pouches in the refrigerator, typically. I think the closest thing to that I ever witnessed was a dispenser that poured it into a cup.""I'm sorry for laughing, but in all my years, that's never a question I've heard."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Tim Harken

IC: "No, I didn't know they had any. Everything I've ever heard was that it was extremely rare for humans to have powers themselves. We always call upon somebody else to do that kind of stuff for us."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Tim Harken

IC: "I'll keep that in mind. Especially since I'm probably going to be working with them at some point. Probably having meetings with some of the higher ups."

He shuddered slightly.

"Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that part of taking command."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Vinnie (Heading to the Cafeteria for Something to Drink)

Well this is somewhat problematic, Partners eh? Darn you Arnie, always mucking stuff up. Vinnie sighed, finding a partner would be rather difficult for her, she lacked any real friends in this school, the other students knew to stay away from him for fear of her pranks, only dealing with her on matters of contraband and the like. The freshman may have been a hope, but Arnie's calling her out during the Assembly wrecked that option.

Ah whatever, no use in moping about, besides I'm thirsty, stuffy assemblies like that always leave my throat parched. Besides maybe I can find some newbie I can rope into being my partner. The very idea led to large grin spreading across Vinnie's face, the concept of making someone her minion amused her greatly. Maybe this partner thing wouldn't be so bad after all.

The idea still fresh in her idea, Vinnie increased her pace towards the cafeteria. Tricking the new blood was going to be a ton of fun. It wasn't long before she was standing right by the entrance of the cafeteria, when an even more promising potential for trickery and information popped up. There stood Alistair, scholar boy as Vinnie preferred to think of him. Normal she could care less about what he was doing, but there were two reasons he would prove rather useful right now. One, he was fairly well liked by most of the school, rather he wasn't a threat and was friendly so he didn't have any enemies. Two, he appeared to have already acquainted himself with some of the new blood considering Arnie's reference to him during his speech.

The way Vinnie figured it, Alistair could easily direct her in the proper direction for a good a partner, well one that would be willing to put up with her. Although, to be honest, a part of her was just really bored and figured messing with him would lift her spirits a bit. It was then that she noticed the woman by his side, she didn't recognize her so she figured she was probably a new student, Vinnie made it her job to keep up to date with most of the school. Any new faces would quickly be catalogued away for future reference.

A devilish smirk then adorned Vinnie's face as she realized how she could take advantage of this new development. In seconds Vinnie had dashed over to Alistair, quickly slinging an arm around his shoulder. A feeling of dread probably descended upon the other student as he realized just who had chosen to greet him.

"Hey there Scholar Boy!" Vinnie greeted in a rather perky manner, her grin only growing larger, "I see you're helping out the new students like always. Or are you just trying to pick up a new girlfriend, that's what seven now, or is it eight it's always confusing with you, too much overlap." Vinnie made sure her voice was loud enough to reach Alistair's companion, "You're quite the heartbreaker aren't you. Samantha's still upset you know."

Vinnie chuckled, "Still, your love life isn't what interested me. I need to find a partner and you are going to help me with that, I'll make it worth your while. Some new goods came in recently, I'm sure there's bound to be something in there that will help you with the ladies. Maybe a bottle of booze?" Vinnie urged on. So maybe antagonizing the person I want help from isn't the best idea, still this is just too much fun to pass up.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:For a long, long moment, Alistair was completely nonplussed. Who was this, what were they babbling about, what was all of this about-Oh mother of God. The name with a "V". I remember now. Sighing quietly to himself, Alistair's head swiveled to look at the newest arrival, not in the least surprised by the wide, mischievous grin that stretched across her face. "Hello, Vinnie.""Still playing tricks on people, I see. I shouldn't have to remind you that the majority of those people were illusions you created to mess about with my head, and the heads of those around me. Or that Samantha was upset because I took her combat ranking from her. And, I think you'll find that "heartbreaker" is hardly accurate.""I had, what? One girlfriend freshmen year? And that lasted for maybe a month." A momentary pause, as he processed the last portion of her greeting. "... You noticed that I'd spoken with the new arrivals, didn't you? And that's why you're looking to have me help you find a partner."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vinnie (Pestering Alistair in the Cafeteria)

Vinnie sighed as she slipped her arm off of Alistair's shoulder before using the same arm to playfully punch him in the shoulder. "Straight to the point as always, eh Scholar Boy." Vinnie laughed, "You really are no fun. Yes, you caught me, I need a partner, you seemed to have buddy upped to a few of the newbies, figured you could help me out. You and I both know that none of the older students would be willing to be my partner. So what'd you say, I'm sure we could work out some form of repayment."

"Also, for the record" Vinnie added, "I still maintain that Samantha had a thing for you, I mean really, challenging her tutor to a duel because being tutored had dishonoured her? You don't really believe that nonsense do you, she obviously wanted to win your affections by defeating you in combat, you know how those Kitsune are, too darn prideful to admit any of their feelings."

"Of course," Vinnie mused, "who's the bigger dolt, the one who can't admit her feelings, or the one who is unable to recognize them?" Vinnie then noticed the can sitting in the fridge, and another idea began to form. "Oh yeah and Scholar Boy, that can you're reaching for, just figured I should let you know it's filled with blood." Of course, for once Vinnie wasn't lying, after all Alistair would expect her to cast some sort of illusion to trick him that way, she figured she could one up him by going the other way. Of course at the very least she could make him hesitate.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Katherine)
Katherine kept her face blank, appearing totally nonplussed by the sudden arrival of the other student. It was pretty clear that anything this particular student said was to be taken with a moon made of salt, which itself was part of a larger salt-based solar system. In short, Katherine intended to ignore everything this would-be prankster said. Who did she think she was anyhow?
Edited by Basilisk

IC:"I'm quite aware of that, Vinnie." Alistair said, hand closing around the can as he pulled it out, and held it out to Katherine, without looking away from Vinnie. "I may not have a diet of it, but my partner does. And most new students don't know where to look for them."

"As for finding you a partner... I don't know many of the new arrivals by name. However, I do know of a few that might be able to deal with you. I know that there's a sophomore too unlucky to be picky. I know that there's an antisocial researcher too introverted to find their own partner. There's the freshmen with the prosthetic that arrived, as well as his vampire friend. Probably a few others that I'm forgetting."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vinnie (Annoying Alistair in the Cafeteria)

I just remembered why I don't prank Scholar Boy, he's absolutely no fun, and by the looks of things neither is his partner. After registering the options Alistair listed, all Vinne could do was sigh. "So, what you're saying is that my options are an unlucky sophomore, antisocial nerd, a freshman that's already injured himself, or the vampire that associates with him."

Vinnie just shook her head, well this is just perfect, "Come on, there has to be at least someone who would make a useful partner, use that noggin of yours Scholar Boy," Vinnie stated as she tapped the back of Alistair's head, "think nice and hard about who would make a great partner. There's got to be someone you're forgetting."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:"Vinnie, I genuinely have very few suggestions for you. I'm most familiar with our own class, and most of them are either paired off, or know you too well." The senior pivoted in place to look at Vinnie, smiling slightly. His hands were in his pockets, and he regarded his classmate with an expression one part amusement, one part friendliness, and one part resignation.

"I really would like to help you, because all things considered, I think you need it sometimes. And I'm more than happy to help you to the best of my abilities. But unfortunately, I'm not a miracle worker."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Partner searching time...

IC: Misayo

Apparently, pest control on the school grounds was of superb quality. As a result, Misayo was not able to find a snack to her tastes. Therefore, she decided to go to the cafeteria. She might as well start getting used to English food. besides, this could be an opportunity for her to find a partner for the "tournament"-thingy.

Eventually, she reached the cafeteria, where a group of people-two of which she recognized from the assembly-were standing in front of the fridge. "I'm guessing that this is where they keep the cold food," she thought. Craning her neck over the group of people, she surveyed the contents of the fridge. "Hm..." she thought. "I wonder what tastes good."

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

Tim Harken

IC: The seventeen year old had a thoughtful expression on his face while answering.

"I would guess more or less the same thing they taught use when we were at that level. In any case wouldn't knowing that go with being an assistant teacher?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Kyle

Kol opened his eyes as the sound of the crowd moving grew louder. He pulled off the wall and walked behind the crowd. Slowly, he walked after the crowd his gaze turned up came through to the cafeteria entrance. Kol blinked, impressed by the sight of the cafeteria. It was big much like the rest of the academy but there was something different. He shook his head to clear his thoughts, walked toward the nearest lunch line, picked up tray with food on it. Slowly, he pulled a chair out, sat down at the nearest table and thought to himself. He'd wait to find a partner. First he'd eat a meal.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Alexander Hawkins // Cafeteria

As Alexander wandered aimlessly in search of a partner, he turned to trying to write down a few notes in his private notepad. Mostly, he ran through lists of names, but none that he thought of would work for the situation. He almost cursed his choice of remaining so distanced from people... at this rate, he'd have his lot chosen for him with this! That would be a disaster, alright.

Walk, talk, and chew bubblegum was a way he had heard describing the three-step process to walking yourself into somebody else; as it was, so did walk, mumble to yourself, read, and try to write. Paying attention to what's around you gets lost in the process, and as Alexander moved about the probability of collision in this crowded of an area increased by the moment...

IC: Brennus Cynbel // Main Hall, Courtyard

Though many people went off to explore or eat, Brennus was content with simply remaining out in the Main Hall. He... hadn't expected the partner issue. Partner. Interesting word, that. Perhaps he could learn more by being around someone? But who.

And how to do it. He had tried, yes. The first thing he had done was ask the person next to him if they wanted to be his partner. Perhaps staring at someone directly caused them to be a tad creeped out? Needless to say, it had failed, and he simply wandered out once the arena had cleared and took a position in the courtyard to think.

Yes. Maybe then he would think of someone during that time. Not that he knew anyone, so really, all he would be doing was thinking. Look at the grass move...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: "Ms Zhuang"

Venator Academy.

She had never visited the backwards western school of the English before, and she had never wanted to, but her travels had forced her hand. If she were to continue along her current path, she would have to stay at this freezing excuse for a training centre, with their pampered students and complete lack of real world experience. Although ... it would be interesting to observe how they learnt, and maybe even find a few diamonds in the rough who might be useful.

IC: Arnie (Inspecting a New Arrival)

"Why hello there," A pudgy man was now standing besides 'Ms. Zhuang,' "I don't often get visitors here at this Academy, at least not unannounced." While the man's words were friendly, the way his crimson eyes were analyzing Zhuang, seemed to hint at a deeper reason for his questions. Which of course was only to be expected, unannounced guests could easily spread trouble for his academy. The safety of his students was always his first priority, this new person was a potential risk to that priority.

"Please, pray tell, what brings you to our humble Academy?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Arnie (Still Suspicious)

"Well," up until now Arnie had been rather lenient, hoping that this newcomer would take a hint and reveal more than just basic facts, that didn't seem to be the case. "I'm afraid that's not exactly a detailed enough answer. I'll need more than that if the academy is going to host you on its premise. Surely you can understand the security issues letting you in, without knowledge of your goals, could cause?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Arnie (More Suspicious)

If Arnie was taken aback with this rather abrupt reply, he refused to show it, "Rather difficult to do without a name, wouldn't you say? Besides I'd prefer it if you would just tell me the information I seek, as opposed to making me search it up. That's not a very kind thing to do to an old man, I do enough reading at this old school."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Arnie (Suspicious about the Zhuang Character)

"Well, I suppose a name is a start, but if you do not willingly give me the information I seek, I'm afraid I cannot allow you onto the ground of this campus." Arnie's crimson eyes locked directly with Zhuang, "So I'll ask more directly this time, what is your reason for coming here, and what is your true destination?"

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Arnie (Making a Proposition) "Now, now interest, interest stemming from what, to what end, can't you see I need more than just that little amount of information." Arnie replied, as the man soon developed a rather interesting idea. "Perhaps you would care to make a wager, if I win it you will tell me everything, your full name, your entire agenda, everything. If you win, I will seize with my questions. What say you?" IC: Vinnie (Cafeteria, Annoyed with Scholar Boy) "Bah, I don't need your pity, or a miracle," Vinnie groaned, as she moved to lean against the wall adjacent to the fridge, taking in Misayo for the first time. A fox eh, darn kitsune always so freaking noisy. Besides can't they walk around as normal folks for once, instead of finding it demeaning or some nonsense. I mean as much as I love my horse form, I don't walk around everywhere like that, I'm not that arrogant. However, Vinnie's attention was soon turned back onto Alistair, "Look it really shouldn't be too hard, all I need is a partner. What about that requires a miracle. Just pluck some newbie or something, heck I'm sure the first one you see could suffice. Probably would be better than the other options you listed. Your good at that stuff right Scholar Boy, making random friends out of the people you see. Also while you're going to stand around that fridge, could you at least throw me a bottle of water."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg