Sybre

Interesting development.

Conclusion? There's another story to come after this, right?

It would have gone farther than that, but SNX Syndrome is kicking in. SNX Syndrome was basically the reason(s) SybreNetX ended.

Yep! Check back on November 17th and I'll have another saga prepped!

mindeth the cobwebs

Wow.... What a beautiful nostalgia trip. Those sprites, the story... It all just brings back memories... I LOVE IT!

random_tiny_me.png I really can't wait until Monday! I love these comics so much!

Wow. Just for that, I'm gonna look for an excuse to continue this thing regardless of my laziness!

In that case, it's gonna be worth the wait, my friend! The event is literally locked and loaded; the first comic in the event is finished and ready for release, and it was actually not tiring to make. This will be a promising event!

And thanks for the flower, bro.

Edited by Emotionless

mindeth the cobwebs

Alright! I finally kept a promise and released a comic on time in one situation! I'm really proud of myself!

Putting that self-glorifying attitude aside, the Out of Snax event has officially begun. As you might have seen in the end of that saga back there, Sybre has been removed from the world of Snax, hence the name "Out of Snax". Sybre will face a new and deadly opponent, and he'll be the strongest foe that the Bo-Matoran has ever faced. I don't know how long this event will go for, but I don't want it to go on past Christmas. As for how many parts this will have, I'm thinking ten or so, but it could be less.

Well, time to read it! Enjoy Part 1, folks! Part 2 will come tomorrow.

mindeth the cobwebs

I'm intrigued! This reminds me of my "kalarezka quadrilogy" that I made in like, 2012. Although I forced myself in his dimension, and it was to keep him from destroying the universe. And the fact that it was totally just because I wanted to be a great being. :/

1, 2, 3, 4 -quick reminder of those comics

Behold my mediocre comic making skills of 2012.

Edited by Loganto the Le-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I'm intrigued! This reminds me of my "kalarezka quadrilogy" that I made in like, 2012. Although I forced myself in his dimension, and it was to keep him from destroying the universe. And the fact that it was totally just because I wanted to be a great being. :/

1, 2, 3, 4 -quick reminder of those comics

Behold my mediocre comic making skills of 2012.

Interesting... Anyway, Out of Snax won't be a brief event. I'm hoping to make it a little more awesome by Part 5 or so. I want a good, not brief fight scene, and I wanna deliver! :)

mindeth the cobwebs

Alright, Part 2 as promised. I haven't started Part 3, so I dunno when it'll be finished and released. I'll do everything I can, though.

I'm really beginning to regret choosing Chimoru for this event. It does not work well with fight scenes and requires a lot of imagination and creating new poses. I dunno any better alternatives and Rayg was the best alternative I could think of. Any recommendations? I'd definitely appreciate it and I'd love to put on a better-looking show for you all.

mindeth the cobwebs

Although I have no experience with this version of chimoru, I think it just takes a little more patience to pull off a good fight scene with it. (And bigger panels can do a lot) I have seen some amazing fights and action scenes with multiple versions of chimoru. A good example is Gav's comics. It proves it's possible, but hard. The imagination is key, it is the perfect tool. Learn of its power. After all, that is what LEGO is about.

Although I have no experience with this version of chimoru, I think it just takes a little more patience to pull off a good fight scene with it. (And bigger panels can do a lot) I have seen some amazing fights and action scenes with multiple versions of chimoru. A good example is Gav's comics. It proves it's possible, but hard. The imagination is key, it is the perfect tool. Learn of its power. After all, that is what LEGO is about.

Well, you do have a point. Until I find a good alternative, I think I'll stick to Chimoru for now.

mindeth the cobwebs

Alright, Part 2 as promised. I haven't started Part 3, so I dunno when it'll be finished and released. I'll do everything I can, though.

I'm really beginning to regret choosing Chimoru for this event. It does not work well with fight scenes and requires a lot of imagination and creating new poses. I dunno any better alternatives and Rayg was the best alternative I could think of. Any recommendations? I'd definitely appreciate it and I'd love to put on a better-looking show for you all.

Well, you do have a point. Until I find a good alternative, I think I'll stick to Chimoru for now.

I agree with Loganto on the fact that you need patience to pull off good fight scenes.

I don't really know any alternatives, but when my experience tells me that when I need some battle poses of Xanis and RZMIK like crouching, leaping, gliding, etc., I custom make them.

Alright, Part 2 as promised. I haven't started Part 3, so I dunno when it'll be finished and released. I'll do everything I can, though.

I'm really beginning to regret choosing Chimoru for this event. It does not work well with fight scenes and requires a lot of imagination and creating new poses. I dunno any better alternatives and Rayg was the best alternative I could think of. Any recommendations? I'd definitely appreciate it and I'd love to put on a better-looking show for you all.

I agree with Loganto on the fact that you need patience to pull off good fight scenes.

I don't really know any alternatives, but when my experience tells me that when I need some battle poses of Xanis and RZMIK like crouching, leaping, gliding, etc., I custom make them.

I can manage to cooperate with that, but I'm gonna have to get my patience quick. The later half of the event's gonna be awesome, and I need to pull it off with a good fight scene.

I actually considered RZMIK for it, but I dunno why I didn't pick it. And Xanis didn't even cross my mind.

mindeth the cobwebs

Good! Very nice! I hope Sybre wins, and with those powers that he somehow has, he's bound to!

Thank you! And he didn't have those powers before (unless you count SybreNetX, but that series hardly matters anymore), but I'll try and explain that later on. I'm glad you're enjoying the show!

mindeth the cobwebs

This Out of Snax is looking good. I want more action really bad. The fight scene must go on, Sybre.

I'd do that as soon as I can, but some genius who shall remain nameless has accidentally saved Part 3 over the template. It'll be an easy fix, and soon, this shall be up and running again! However, I still have schoolwork and my personal life... I'm doomed...

But don't worry. I've got a very interesting show planned for you all, so it'll be worth the wait!

Edited by Toa Varova

mindeth the cobwebs

...........................Chaos Control, much? =P

Anyways, fun comic series you got going on! Making a fighting scene out of Chimoru doesn't look easy, but at least you've got it working. And I'm rooting for the guy who wins. =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

...........................Chaos Control, much? =P

Anyways, fun comic series you got going on! Making a fighting scene out of Chimoru doesn't look easy, but at least you've got it working. And I'm rooting for the guy who wins. =P

I knew you'd catch the reference! :D

Thanks! It's definitely not easy, but I can't go back now. And that's an interesting choice...

mindeth the cobwebs

Dude. I can feel the tension in dat cliffhanger. I'm totally rooting for Sybre.

Made it a cliffhanger for a reason! Haha! Gotta get the readers back here for Part 5 somehow! And that's a nice choice. You'll have some good reasons to be rooting for him.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's Part 5. It's really gonna be heating up now, since Sybre and Varova can now fight on an equal level.

I might try and whip up a little something for Christmas since I won't have time to do so on Christmas itself. I'm gonna be going on a little vacation with no computer to use.

mindeth the cobwebs

Again, I commend you for a great comic! I unfortunately won't be able to do something for Christmas for my series. :(

Thanks! And I'm having doubts about anything special for the holiday. I might do something cool for you guys, but I dunno.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 1 month later...

At long last! Part 6 is finally here! Not too much going on in this one, but hopefully, it'll get you pumped for Part 7!

Once again, I hope to get up to at least 10 parts total. Upon the release of Part 9, Out of Snax might end at any time.

It's alive... ALIIIVVVEEE!!! :P

Can't wait to see how this plays out.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 months later...

Finally, Part 7! Yeesh, Chimoru sucks in a fight...

Hey! Nice to see you're still going! And the fight looks good to me.

Of course I'm biased to saying that things are good, but seriously. It does look good enough.

Had no plans to stop at Part 6! And it's nice to see you're still interested!

Thank you for supporting my poor sprite choice. Makes me feel a little better about it.

mindeth the cobwebs

Like I said, a bit more patience and with a bit of tricks and rotations, you can get a pretty sick fight scene.

Rather than keeping the characters in one big block, you can separate them at the knees, elbows, hands, etc. and then rotate them to new cool positions. You can rotate things with the right click when on the selection tool.

Also, next season, or wherever you are going with this, why don't you make the panels a bit bigger, maybe 4x? I know it seems like a lot, but it leaves room for detail and is easier on the eyes.

Like I said, a bit more patience and with a bit of tricks and rotations, you can get a pretty sick fight scene.

Rather than keeping the characters in one big block, you can separate them at the knees, elbows, hands, etc. and then rotate them to new cool positions. You can rotate things with the right click when on the selection tool.

Also, next season, or wherever you are going with this, why don't you make the panels a bit bigger, maybe 4x? I know it seems like a lot, but it leaves room for detail and is easier on the eyes.

I'll have to experiment sometime.

And I know where that rotation tool is (MSPaint expert here! :D), but do you think you can give me an example of what that whole separation and rotation thing looks like, especially on a Toa Nuva? If you can't, I understand, but I just wanna know what to expect and get a good idea of what I'm supposed to do.

I'm highly considering continuing comics after this, and if I do, there will be many improvements. I'll put that panel thing on the list! Thank you!

mindeth the cobwebs