BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC:
Suggested listening

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Wahi

Kongu stepped off his Gukko, patting Ka softly as he begins to walk again. Step by step the Akiri moves through his home with the poise of a jungle cat and care of a mother bird, as if a single wrong stop could bring down Le-Koro in the blink of an eye. Sometimes, it truly felt like that. Like there was a pressure on his back and chest, pushing down on him trying to asphyxiate him even as he spoke. But he couldn't play that way. A life full of hardships was only worth living if one could see the beauty in each singular point in time. Some consider this pressure difficult to bear. Some would suggest that it could be the downfall of even the strongest men and women, as though conflict could crush champions, level legends, or gut gods.

But they were wrong.

Kongu was not a champion, he was not a legend, and he certainly wasn't a god. And nobody really argued these things. But Kongu did not feel that Le-Koro would collapse beneath him, nor did he feel the pressure on his back or chest; at least not in the way one might expect. It lifted him up. It reminded him that he was still alive, that there would be no calm "correction" of the innocents or quiet insubordination. There was to be a fight. And it wouldn't matter if Kongu was even around to see it. In death his ideals would fight on; immortalized by the shining sun in the morning or the feeling of cool water on one's back and neck.

Still, he would weep all the same in the end. Whether in success or failure, as Le-Koro's fallen leader or liberator, Akiri Kongu would shed tears. Death was on the doorstep, a terrible gift to be given to any and all that allow it to step inside, and Kongu could feel it ever knocking. Relentlessly tap-tapping on the wooden frame, humming warmly to whoever might be listening: A sonata of sad endings, or maybe a waltz of eternal sleep.

Akiri Kongu continued on his way down the streets, not smiling as much as he normally would. Whether he was tired or burnt out over the loss of Ko-Koro's Akiri he wasn't sure. Kongu did however respond to whoever might ask for his attention, those that gave a simple wave or a smile. He continued this trend until he found himself in the market place. Even at night it was bursting with energy. He looked on with a sort of softened look over his face. With tired eyes and a sad shape on his lips he observed his people. They were still singing and drinking. Their voices rang in the night air, serenading the branches that held them aloft and the branches above, sheltering them from the hardships of the elements. He was reminded of a single factor, one that he had lived and breathed ever since he took up Matau's mantle as Le-Koro's leader. Kongu had not forgotten what he had told Korero Maru. He had simply allowed it time to step aside, to allow grief to take it's place. To allow Death to sing a little louder.

There would be no answer; Death's carol would not be heard.

Kongu would have his time. Ambages too. Nobody lived forever. Whether Death would knock down the door or wait patiently. All things things came to an end eventually. But that time was not tonight. Tomorrow maybe, or even the day after, but not tonight.

So he stopped, standing in the center of it all, Ka cooing ever so softly as if she knew what he was thinking. Kongu began to smile slowly as the music stopped. The band had taken time only to have a drink themselves. It was in this silence that Kongu saw Le-Koro at the peak of its strength: He watched as the men and women of his Koro simply enjoyed each others company. Some louder than others. Wine and companionship became the only thoughts that began to fill his mind, slowing his gears and softening the grinding sounds they had begun to make. For a moment he set aside Matoro's undeserved end, the plans he had to make day in day out, the darkness that had begun to creep over Mata-Nui again.

Kongu gazed at his peers and subjects, realizing they had done the same. The music picked up once more while Author of Le-Koro began to walk once more, a beaming smile on his face.

Edited by turntechGodhead

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Komae

"Oh, no dreams? That's a shame. I had one

the fang ripped through his palm, stopping only a hairsbreadth from his eye

or two. Dreams of ol' Po-Wahi, and all that. It was a nice rest." The merchant shrugged. "Anyway, food and water, was it?" He hopped down from the bench and took a peek under the remains of their makeshift tarp. Something that had probably once been rations was floating in a puddle of seawater.

He hopped back up. "Well, I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that our supplies are pretty much ruined. The good news is that you warned us about that, so congrats! Put one in your column." Komae looked out over the sea. "Now, that does imply that we are in a bit of a bind if we don't get back quickly. And that we'll probably still be in some trouble once we do hit land. Also, sorry for not rowing for a minute there." He picked up his oar again and rejoined his partner, putting a bit more backbone into it to undo the slight turn caused by his break.

"Oh, also, I think I saw one of my satchels I hung up on the mast survived the trip. So that's probably mostly rainwater in there, not seawater. Just a heads up if you're thirsty."

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Ic: After he spoke with Merror about Joske and Dorian, Stannis Maru considered his job for the day as done. The collateral damage from sending Joske Nimil away into the Legend apparently wasn't as severe as he expected. The other option was that Stannis was just charismatic enough to woo the others to take the pill much easier than otherwise, but the Wanderer somehow had his doubts. He was a lot of things, but a swoonworthy speaker was not one of them. He wasn't a charismatic leader of men; that was best left to the akiri and public figures.

He walked down the streets in search of something to do. Since his deed was complete he was ever so slightly... bored, actually. Stannis rarely had a moment to himself for relaxing and was always moving from one objective to another, solving some mystery or giving counsel here or there, so he appreciated the simpler times. It reminded him of his home, on the Massif -- god how he longed to return to that now.

He left the Massif over a year ago to flee from establishment and seek adventure and especially to show what a Matoran hero was like. And in an abstract, roundabout sort of way he had succeeded. He was the only member of his Companions to ascend to toahood but nevertheless he led those fellows from boredom to status and, he hoped, kindled the fires of destiny in their hearts. Lekua had proved as much when he met him in the sands of Po-Wahi. He had proved that heroes can be made of the smaller stuff, but Destiny had other things in mind for him. He became a toa, and among the most powerful ones to boot, but he was okay with that. Destiny had a sense of humour sometimes. Stannis long had learned to adapt and accept change. But a change right then was a change to the solitude of the monastic order on the mount, lighting candles and meditating on Mata Nui's will, sparring and harvesting alike in the same fields of potatoes and brewing the finest ales never to be shared. The traveling, the fighting, the pondering of secrets and the hopelessness Stannis felt from the mounting problems only made him wish for peace again.

But that wasn't his lot in life anymore. He had his calling -- nay, he was chosen -- and he would stick to it.

Stannis wasn't a social drinker. While some people escaped life's throb by imbibing heavily Stannis preferred not to dull his senses with alcohol, though he did appreciate a fine mead or a hearty porter now and then. He liked to let life carry him and allow his mind to wander much like his body often did over the temptations of drink and he disinterestedly passed by the bar and the ruckus within without even a glance. The patrons within didn't see his visage drift by. They were too busy being drunk to know or care. Unfortunately much of Le-Koro was enthralled with the concept of conviviality and merry drink and that only constrained Stannis' movement in the treetop village to more sober pathways.

But all the same Stannis didn't seek to be further troubled by the things he wasn't able to control... yet. The mysterious Dasaka were counted among them, as was what the Kanohi Hiripaki replaced the Makuta with, and the issue of Echelon was still a viable threat though there was no point in pressing the fight just yet after so recently seeing the last skirmish fail. Then there was the growing unrest in the villages again, further complicated by trouble brewing in the mountains. Stannis wondered if his brothers remained neutral in politics as he commanded them to. It was so easy to get drawn into political nightmares and forget the true purpose of the Toa Maru. It was all about restraint and about controlling, being aloof above conflict and remaining focused on the bigger picture.

Or maybe that was just how Stannis viewed his role. Either way, he needed to vent and release his energy he had pent up for so long. Without putting much thought into it he made his way to the kolhii field. He was left alone as he went until he came upon the bamboo doors to the grand stadium, then narrowly avoided attention as he slipped inside and shut the gate behind him.

He looked up at the empty benches. This would be his little temple of escape. He withdrew his weapons and prepared to dance.

Ic: Right foot, left foot. Lunge.

Stannis Maru was alone in the kolhii stadium and relished the company of none but his own weapons. It had been weeks, months even since he had been called to use them. Among the weapons was his signature halberd, one of only two physical remnants of his time as a Matoran adventurer. The long weapon's sharp head sliced through the air with precision like a scalpel as his strong arms flexed slightly.

Right foot, right leg kneel. Spin.

The polearms were raised into a defensive guard to barrier him from an unseen barrage of lesser blows and their lethal ends would swipe a careless foe off their feet-- or cleave it in twain.

Stomp. Rise up. Extend.

Some of Stannis' best and worst memories were of his moments in combat. All his life he served best as a scholastic soldier and a sage warrior and it was moments of dim, restrained inaction that his weakest feelings were felt, moments like the one that brought him to the kolhii field. He was always the one sharing insight with others, divesting his wisdom to give others purpose and faith, but he wasn't all-knowing; he needed his own release just the same. Battle, the hum of blade on blade and the shouts of fierce energy, gave him that release.

Lunge.

If there were an enemy before him it wold be impaled with an unexpected thrust of the Rahkshii staff through its heartlight. Brutal, forbidden even, but effective. Sometimes an irredeemable shadow can only be smitten by death's amoral embrace. That was why Stannis licensed the destruction of the Shadow Toa, after all; there was nothing they could do to prevent destruction, and the Maru's demise would only lead to greater despair. The only logical choice was the systematic deaths of those who were once the First Toa. Suddenly, Stannis' unseen enemy took corporeal form in his mind. Toa Heuani swung his razor-sharp flamberge with clever swiftness.

Recoil. Sidestep. Stretch.

He extended his arms out slightly and let his grip on the poles slide to near the ends. He sill held a vice-tight handle on the two shafts thanks to his elemental-native strength, not compromising the his holds with gravity's incessant pull, and stepped forward slightly. Heuani held the evil sword at an angle, ready to slice keenly through Stannis' opened defenses or parry whatever blow came first.

Cross arms across chest. Twirl.

The long weapons turned from extended awkward arms to lethal spinning blades as soon as Stannis hugged himself tightly and spun his body around. He kicked himself off the floor and jumped into the air, literally becoming a living buzzsaw that cut through he atmosphere a dozen times before he graced the ground again. Heuani, the clever serpent, had simply backed away, and then he charged without mercy.

Unhug. Parry. Riposte.

The first two motions were at once; Stannis released his embrace and caught the flamberge with the Rahkshii staff as he did so, then slid the halberd up and towards Heuani's sternum. The head threatened to slice down to his blank heartlight and cut his lungs out with precision. But Heuani was fast and ducked away from the riposte only to emerge within Stannis lines of defense.

It was like when he fought the Muaka on the sides of Ko-Wahi's alps. Once again he was caught off guard by something only inches away from certainly goring him to bits. His counter was unpracticed and passionate as it was fearless and obstinate: He swept one weapon before him to swipe Heuani's laserlike blade away and then pressed his body right up to the shadow toa's own before smashing his head forward before stepping aside to recollect himself and his bearings.

Heuani snarled hauntingly then slithered forward, smelling blood and deviously remaining wanton for more. Stannis' reply was simple: He held the two polearms out like prongs of a double-tined spear and channeled his element through both. A burst of white light burst between the two heads like a miniature black hole before it spat out raw stone sent through the hole from the unseen other side.

"PSHOOOOOOMMMMM!" he shouted in place of actually shooting his element, not wishing to cause damage to the city in any form. Heuani, however, again blinked out of focus, narrowly evading the powerful force of solid rock shot at him like an asteroid's punch. Like a cannon that needed to be reset Stannis moved his weapons to aim at Heuani again and repeated the tactic once and twice more, but each time he did Heuani dodged and came a few steps closer. Fire -- blink. Fire -- blink. And there he was.

Heuani glared with his pretty little insidious smile, the same one that haunted Stannis' nightmares in and out, and moved forward with unsettling speed like a demon from below to skewer Stannis with the transparent blade. Stannis held his ground and stayed firm-footed until the last possible second and then knelt down

planted his Rahkshi staff like a pike at charge

moved aside

swept his halberd close to the ground; Heuani jumped up and evaded it

then, with precision and grace that could leave a proto drake wanting the halberd had made the 365º almost instantly

and caught Heuani just as he was planting his feet again, smashing into the dark one's back and embedding half the entire head into his spine.

At least, that what Stannis Maru imagined had just occurred.

He breathed slow and steady, not rushed from exertion but calculated and methodical like the strikes of his weapons. He stepped forward to collect the Rahkshi staff and pulled it from the floor. With one smooth motion he slid the halberd away and examined his gifted tool. Sulov has bequeathed it to him shortly after their transformation and he still carried it as an equal to his toa tool. It was a charming gesture, the least he could to to honor the unity the maru are meant to have. The guardian nodded in respectful satisfaction at the venerable tool. Much like the flamberge, once used as a channel for shadow, the telerahk staff had become a tool of the light since being claimed. Gently, he put it away, too.

He surveyed his little battlefield. Nobody was watching; he was all alone. Still, he felt satisfied and content. Evil had been vanquished again.

IC: Utu Kotore - Le-Koro Autopsy Table

One thought raced through my mind.

What happened?

Think Utu, think, what do you last remember?

My father had barreled towards me in the safety of our home, anger in his eyes, burning like the sun. Understandable. I had just killed his son and told him I'd do the same to him and his sick twisted wife. Besides, I wanted to play off his anger. And it worked.

I knew then where I got it from.

So with the power of my new found marking on my arm, drinking in the fear I planted myself in the ground, waiting for the giant that was my father to hit me. And I let him. Harrow Kotore struck me hard, slamming the end of his massive knee into my center, knocking the air from my lungs. I bent over, the air knocked out of me. Harrow then brought up his hand and hit me with it harder than he had ever hit me before. I spun into the wall, blood smearing it as I removed my face from its surface.

"You dare threaten my son and my family?" He bellowed, spit flicking from the hole in his ugly face to land on my back. He gripped me and turned me around bringing up his hand again. Face covered in blood I just smiled and laughed, "Answer me you worthless ####."

"You're pretty daft," I said through the hot liquid now seeping into my mouth, "Hakkam is already dead," he struck me again, "I crushed his skull," again, "He didn't last more than a full minute," again, this time even harder. He tossed me to the ground, "How does it feel father," I ask him as I turn over to face him, "To beat somebody within an inch of their life, when you know I can do it in a minute? Your son no less." Harrow growled as he reached his massive arms to pick me up again. I quickly snapped up with both hands and gripped his ring fingers, shoving them back up his arm the sickening sound of bones breaking filling the air. I didn't let go, instead I let out a shrill laughter at the sudden strength Harrow was giving me; I was eating his fear. I looked him dead in the eyes and twisted his fingers around his wrist, snapping his hands. As if they had cued me I pushed myself up, standing over him. The giant had fallen, his rejected depraved son stood over him as he screamed out in pain. I screamed at him over his own voice, bellowing like an explosion that shook the walls and rocked the foundation of the earth. It silenced his yelling, "Speak Harrow!"

He crumbled at the sound of my voice, mumbling to himself.

"I can't hear you!" I say, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, SPEAK UP," I slam my knee into his face with the power of my Mark crushing his face bones, "SPEAK HARROW!" I scream again, this time not giving him a chance to respond I swat him in the face with the back of my hand again before kicking him in the ribs, shattering his ribs. It was then that I did what I promised my dear dead brother I would do. I tore open his chest and crushed his lungs, the symphony of screaming becoming nothing but wheezing until it became a struggled silence.

I stood up and stepped over the corpse of my father. I called into the house, the small mansion, "Hakoa!" I yelled my mother's name only to hear a sweet terrifying sound.

"I am here darling!"

It shocked me again, but just for a minute. I continued on my way, "Where are you?!" I ask.

"In the study darling."

Shivers down my spine. My brother was dangerous, my father was frightening, but my mother was the more disgusting terrifying horrific being to set foot on the island we called home. The mere sound of her voice could put me into a trance of nightmarish beasts and dark thoughts and fears. She was the devil in a woman's body, brought to this earth to wreck havoc on the people that inhabited it. But I had to confront her.

The Utu that I knew never gave up on something until it was a done deal.

So I puffed up my chest. My fear now my greatest weapon, and I began to walk up the stairs, "Utu!" She says in a sing-songy voice, almost causing me to stop in my tracks, "Are you hungry?"

"No mother I am not hungry!" I shout, hesitating for a moment, "I've come to take your life!"

Silence,
"Oh! Of course you have." I stop at the top the stairs to see a little frail lady standing in the hallway, wearing nothing but a robe. Probably was about to turn in for the night. Even Satan sleeps, "I've missed you Utu," she began to walk towards me slowly, the urge to run suddenly coming to me only to be eaten away by the Mark on my arm, "You have been gone for so-"

"10 years and 6 months," I finish for her, my resolve quickly breaking.

She placed her small hand on my face as if there was no blood seeping from it. I had to do it. I had to.

"I'm scared honey, your eyes appear strange," her voice was ice and her words were fire, "What is wrong?"

"Don't touch me." Her soft eyes quickly became sharp, daggers that cut into my soul and carved heart shaped holes into it. "Don't touch me again." She drew her hand back bringing it up to slap me. I took her hand carefully, while I shook with fear, "Please."

The sudden denial of her free reign over me seemed to elate her, and excite her somehow.

"You are not fit for this world mother."

"What do you mean?" She asked looking offended, her tone shriving quickly only to twist into dark hard sounds, "I am just as fit for this world as you are. And if you are fit for this world than so am I," she wrapped her arms around my waist, "Don't you agree?"

"Your son is dead. Your husband is too," I say, pretending to ignore her gross advances, "I killed them both."

"I know," she sighed, "I heard the whole thing darling."

"I have to finish it," she placed her head on my chest, her ear and head getting covered with the life of her deceased life-partner, "This world is not fit for a Kotore." She begins to run her little fingers up on and down my back.

"Aren't you a Kotore." She stated coldly, angry that I might betray a family name.

"No," I say plainly. She tilts her head up, the blood now running slowly over her hollow cheek, an angry look on her face, "Don't touch me Hakoa."

She pulled back,
"You dare address me by my name?" I suddenly questioned if I actually got my anger from my father.

I look into her bright blue eyes. They were gold, pure gold. I had them too. It was the one thing I had grown to hate about myself. My sister had the same eyes, "I do dare," I began, cutting her off and taking a step forward, "Every essence of my being, every ounce of my soul and mind, every piece of goodness in me is screaming at me Hakoa," I tower over her, cashing in on her sudden fear, "I always hated you mother."

She shrieked,
"YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT ME!"

"I am everything without you," I say loudly as I grip her hand, pulling her towards me, "You will never hold me or Keya down again."

The last image that was burned into my memory was looking at the frail body of my mother, torn in two.

Rumble young man! Rumble!

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Cael)

"Yes." Cael replied. "I'm trained as a healer. I've worked for both the Ga-Koro Marines and at my own clinic in Ga-Koro. I'll do whatever needs to be done."

IC:

A healer, travelling with a band of fighters and ruffians...similar to myself, though I was certainly no pacifist before, nor am I now, and I doubt she is. Still, it's rather interesting. I nodded at her, looking down to the man on the table. There was so much I still didn't know, so much that I needed to know...Perhaps this was where Cael could come in now.

"Alright. First things first, I need to know everything that you know regarding what has happened to him since all the rest of us were..." at the temple? No, I couldn't say that, I don't know if she'd even know what I was talking about. "Since all the rest of us Mark Bearers were banned from Ga-Koro," I said, smiling ruefully. "And then after that, if you would like to accompany myself and these others once we move Utu to a more suitable location, you are welcome to do so."

"Komae, you do realize that rainwater isn't always safe to drink, right?" Beosach asked, frowning. "Especially when it's been in contact with leather? There's a reason waterskins aren't made out of leather, after all."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Chivinix from Ta-wahi.

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix stepped through the forest using his chain scythe to cut away some of the brush. However it did not take long for the vortixx sized insectoid to grow tired of the constant cutting. He bent at the knees and gathering all of his strength he jumped and moved to grab onto a branch and promptly began to climb till he reached the upper levels of the canopy. As he reached the top he managed to look over the forest and smiled. In the distance he could make out what appeared to be a village.

He took a long breath as he concentrated. Using his leg muscles he launched himself into the air while letting his six wings catch the wind. Seeing as how the being had yet to perfect flight he relied on gliding. He kept his eyes down as he glided towards the village. When he could make out a platform of sorts the large insectoid brought his wings to his side and proceeded to plummet towards the platform only letting his wings back out to slow his speed.

He landed on the platform of the village with a loud thud. Matoran looked up at him with a hint of awe and perhaps annoyance since some had to move out of the way. One seemed particularly intrigued given this form of creature had never been seen on mata-nui before. Chivinix himself stood there his large black eyes observing the square in which he had landed.

OOC: So Chivinix made his grand entrance and with that he is open for interaction. Vortixx sized insectoid with four hands plummeting out of the sky... got to make an impression.

IC: Kidona

Kidona sighed a bit as she moved back towards the elevator that lead from the village to the ground below. After she got off of it she proceeded to head toward the general direction of Ta-wahi.

OOC: Kidona to Ta-wahi

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: And as always I'm the only one around :P

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

For a second or two, Colx thought maybe he'd been hitting the drinks a little too hard. A four-armed Nui-Rama was standing on the plaza, just looking around. It's tendons and muscle fully visible through its translucent carapace, its fingers clawed and arms jointed together at the elbows.

But no, he hadn't been drinking for a while (a glaring oversight, in his opinion), and the giant bug looked very real... and so did the chain scythe it was carrying. Colx checked his person, by pure fortune his zamor launcher was with him this time, slung across his back.

"Alright," he thought, "Seems nobody else is going to, so I might as well be the first"

"Ahoy, there" he called, waving at the Chivinix.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix turned around at the sound of the skakdi's voice and he proceeded to loop his chain scythe back around his waist as he moved towards the skakdi. His eyes showed a vague sense of curiosity as he moves around the skakdi noting it's large spine and awkward grin

"Your... Different from toa?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Well, I better well be, don't I?" Colx replied.

The creature's voice was not like Colx expected. He'd been expecting it to "buzz" or whatever the karz you were supposed to call it, but his voice was harsh, coarse, like sandpaper, and his diction... naive? was that the right word? Colx got a clear sense that whatever this thing was... it wasn't from around here.

The giant bug looked a tad alarming, Colx had to admit. The way it handled the scythe signified that it knew how to use it, and he really didn't want to get on the bad side of those claws.

"The name's Colx, I'm a Skakdi" Colx introduced himself, reaching into his satchel to pull out his pipe. He needed something to calm the nerves, and this would hopefully do the trick.

"How about you? Who and what are you?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix hesitantly touched colx's spine and noted it was flesh like

"Odd."

However when Colx asked him those questions he moved infront of him and spoke slowly

"Chivinix... And Chivinix." as if that was the answers to his questions.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Colx had a clear mind to protest against Chivinix touching his spine, but he didn't get that far, as he was busy getting his pipe nice and fired up, and Chivinix proceeded to answer with that strange voice of his.

"Sooo... you are Chivinix of the Chivinix, then?" Colx asked.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix seemed hesitant to respond as he brought a single hand to rub at his chin.

"Chivinix had to right for right to explore world outside of cavern. Chivinix fought others and ate others."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Colx's hummed, studying Chivinix through the gray haze. There was no sign of regret displayed on its features, or any form of trauma evident in its voice. In fact, it seemed perfectly indifferent to its species face, as if it simply the way it saw the world.

"Well, if you're out to explore the island, then welcome to Le-Koro; home of the treepeople, and some other chumps, like me"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix took a moment to truly observe this village. Matoran running around. Birds and other insects flutting about. Sickenly peaceful

"It is nice. Really sunny. What does Colx do?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"I run a gym here" Colx replied, only half a second later realizing that Chivinix probably didn't know what "gym" meant. He sighed, as interesting as this Chivinix was, he hoped he wouldn't stick around too long.

"What I meant is I own a place where I teach people how to fight or get in good shape, I used do that for a living, but the years have started catching up to me, so now instead I teach others how to do it."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix seemed to consider this and merely nodded

"Ah so you are warrior? Very important part, yes?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"On Mata Nui, you bet your bee-hind it is" Colx replied, chuckling at his obscenely bad joke.

"This place is not a warzone, but there are baaad people out there. People who'd sell your soul for a widget as soon as look at you. I should know, I used to be one of 'em"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix brought a hand to idly scratch at his chin. He seemed to be debating on what to say.

"Chivinix noticed matoran riding large birds when he came here. Is that usual for this place?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chivinix nodded slowly

"That they are supposed protectors of the island."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Let's put it this way, we like a good scrap, and a lot of the time any sort of violent recreation is considered a "good scrap", if you will. I used to get into fights all the time when I was younger."

"A lot of Skakdi are pretty violent, but we have our peaceful side too, it just takes a while for it to show itself"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix seemed to look at Colx in a new light

"So Skakdi are true warriors?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"If you mean that in the sense that we can be just as dangerous, or perhaps even more so, than Toa even without their fancy powers, then yes" Colx replied

"If in the sense that we enjoy fighting, then also yes"

Colx gestured at the chain scythe wrapped around Chivinix's torso.

"And speaking as a "true warrior", that's a nice weapon you got there."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix nodded slowly as he looked down at his weapon and nodded

"Found it in place of shadows. Some corpse held onto it."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

For some odd reason that name 'Mangaia' seemed to strike a memory in him and he merely shook his head

"No.. Not mangaia. This was a chasm in place of cold. And yes. A toa called down a bright light from the sky that made a fire."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Chivinix seemed to consider this for far too long though he shook his head

"She was a he.. But yes it was this... Lightning thing."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Hmm, a male? Oh, right" Colx mumbled.

"Toa of Lightning are usually female, but it's not a strict rule. Usually if you're a Water or Lightning elemental, you could be expected to be female, and for all the other elements the opposite is the case. Well, unlike us Skakdi, that is. There's not really any rule for which gender we have, we can really be whichever."

"Anyway," Colx continued as he burned out the last remains of his current batch of pipe leaves, "I should get back, it was interesting meeting you"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Chivinix shook his head faintly

"Toa are confusing."

However he merely looked out towards the rest of the village. He did take the moment to mutter something to himself

"Skakdi more like Chivinix than toa."

OOC: And with that Chivinix is open for interaction.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Normally, the Matoran known in his home of Le-Koro as Feijen had little reason to carry his weapons about with him - or, even, to be travelling around much in the Koro. Normally he didn't carry his spear, with its long blade and appropriately shortened haft, nor did he often carry his sword at his waist. He only kept them with him when he felt the need to go outside of the Koro, which wasn't particularly often. However, today wasn't quite a normal day for Feijen.

Feijen felt like he needed to train with his weapons. Normally he didn't do that, or at the least, he did it alone - he could use them to defend himself and others from Rahi and such, for example, with just the little training he had had before and he did now. However, Feijen had noticed that criminals seemed to be becoming more common around the island, so he felt the need to get a little practice in, using his weapons against another person, rather than an unintelligent Rahi. And there were only two places he knew of, in-town, where he could train: with the Gukko Force, or at the gym, run by a Skakdi named Colx.

While normally Feijen might give rise to some utterance of distaste at having a Skakdi inside his Koro and running something as important as a gym could be, he didn't as regarded this Skakdi; after all, Colx had lived in the Koro long enough that he could be trusted to be better than some few of his racial counterparts could be. Or some Toa; not all Skakdi were criminals, not all criminals were Skakdi, after all. Like rectangles and squares.

It seemed, however, that Feijen had beaten Colx to his own gym, at the moment; a bit of an odd occurrence. Feijen could wait - and wait long he didn't, as Colx seemed to show as soon as he'd found a place to sit. Jumping up, Feijen waved the Skakdi over; he wanted to make sure that Colx would be coming to the gym and training, rather than just passing on along to someplace else.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now