Does A Shadow Matoran's Anatomy Change After A Klakk Encounter?

In Karda Nui, the Matoran there, for the most part, became Shadow Matoran. In doing so, their anatomy changed- growing wings, claws, etc. However, all of the were freed from the influence of shadow in the end. But, did they change back to their original Av-Matoran forms, or are they stuck with the wings and claws?

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

Actually, Mutran mutated the Shadow Matoran and thus gave them their claws and wings; being turned into a Shadow Matoran had nothing to do with it. So no, a Matoran's anatomy is not affected by being "shadowed" or "unshadowed".

Now, in BIONICLE Legends #8 (I think) Gavla is described, immediately after being attacked by a Shadow Leech, as having claws and such. This is because Greg said that he needed to include that in-case that scene was depicted in any media.

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I suppose it would depend on how easy it is to reverse the mutations Mutran performed, since I'm pretty sure that the claws are a part of their body. The teeth on the other hand might just be part of the masks the Makuta gave them, in which case a simple mask swap could fix that.

Something that stuck me, while I was reading into this: is the fact that Radiak was transformed into a four legged Matoran. That probably sucks when your not evil anymore.

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 2

Edit: And don't forgot that despite being a Le-Matoran (thus never being "shadowed") Vican also had claws and wings.

No, Vican was made into a Shadow Matoran -- he was the first, as a matter of fact.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Edit: And don't forgot that despite being a Le-Matoran (thus never being "shadowed") Vican also had claws and wings.

No, Vican was made into a Shadow Matoran -- he was the first, as a matter of fact.

Huh, you right. Sorry, I always confused Vican for an Av-Matoran and had to remind myself that he had once been a Le-Matoran.

Something that stuck me, while I was reading into this: is the fact that Radiak was transformed into a four legged Matoran. That probably sucks when your not evil anymore.

Yeah, they said that Mutran was in a sour mood that day, so that's why he went the extra mile on Radiak. Poor guy, he was my favorite of the shadow matoran haha I guess he's having a hard time fitting in with the other matoran. At least he can fly still haha

• Upvote 2

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Yeah, they said that Mutran was in a sour mood that day, so that's why he went the extra mile on Radiak. Poor guy, he was my favorite of the shadow matoran haha I guess he's having a hard time fitting in with the other matoran. At least he can fly still haha

But can't they all fly? Even Tanma can fly.

Tanma and the other non-mutated Av-Matoran can fly because they wear artificial jetpacks. Shadow Matoran can fly because they've got natural wings as part of their physical anatomy.

So yes, and no. Take away the jetpacks, and 'even Tanma' will fall hard and fast to his death. So I guess being an ex-villain comes with its advantages, no? :P

Tanma and the other non-mutated Av-Matoran can fly because they wear artificial jetpacks. Shadow Matoran can fly because they've got natural wings as part of their physical anatomy.

So yes, and no. Take away the jetpacks, and 'even Tanma' will fall hard and fast to his death. So I guess being an ex-villain comes with its advantages, no? :P

That is, until I destroy your wings, which are wider and a much easier target. :P

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...