RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Estelle

"Welcome Miss Andromeda, my offer of enjoying one of my homeland's baked goods stands for you as well, they're just back in the kitchen." She said in greeting to their new guest.

As Andromeda and the Rock man began to chat, she turned back to Will, who was still petting Spot. "Any request for my next baking session?"

OOC: Yeah, what my character feels doesn't necessarily mean I myself feel that way in any shape or form.

IC: Ashley
"Y-Yeah..." Ashley said distractedly, her body moving involuntarily and Souper continued to scratch behind her ears. She tried to resist doing it, she really did...but in the end she caved in and started to purr. It wasn't something she did around people very often, but she couldn't help it.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Souper Saladd, Cat Whisperer

Indeed, as the catgirl began to purr, xhe smiled inwardly. No need to show it on the outside, to do so would be to let down that wall of combatedness and anger that the slug always put up. Stroking the catgirl's hair behind the ear and scratching it seemed to do exactly what xhe wanted to do: Calm her down enough to not have any problems. And it was working. Hearing the purrs, xhe kept it up, making sure to focus on it. It wasn't like it would be taken out of context, so the slug didn't seem to care about anyone else doing things. This was a one time deal anyways, so it was no use letting up.

OOC: Yeah, what my character feels doesn't necessarily mean I myself feel that way in any shape or form.

OOC: Alright, that's a relief. I was worried that I was writing a character everyone was starting to hate.

IC: "So what happened to you?" Nicole asked.

"After the battle?" Replied Talvert. "When the rescue teams came to find the survivors they found me lying over Halderson. From what I heard a lot of people came were affected by Gaia. I was able to work up enough nerve to be able to talk about it eventually, and I was found sane enough to be cleared for duty, though they were reluctant to put me into the battlefield again."

"I was sent a hospital on Earth," Nicole explained. "I remember it took months before I could begin to explain what happened. The doctors I remember were kind and patient. They did everything they could. They actually objected to my being pulled back into duty so suddenly, but whoever was behind it was able to pull some strings to ensure they didn't have a say."

"It's been some time since I've been there. What's it like back on Earth?"

"Wow," Nicole muttered. "It was good to see some of nature again, the oceans at the very least. The other planets are still doing okay as well. Last I heard they're still arguing about whether to try colonizing Venus."

"The most inhospitable planet in the solar system," Talvert remarked. "I don't know how many people would want to live there if they could."

OOC: I feel I'd better clarify this point. Venus, as you probably already know is the closest planet to Earth and the second-closest planet to the sun. The thing is, Venus is pretty much the opposite of Earth in every way, as well as the least habitable planet in our system. There's a few reasons why, but let me break down some of the main points:

• The atmosphere is made up primarily of Carbon Dioxide, which by itself is extremely toxic to human beings.
  • Even if we used a spacesuit, the atmosphere is incredibly thick. I took an astronomy class last year in which the professor explained that walking on Venus would be like "a mix of swimming and flying". The thing is, the pressure would be extremely high on the surface, far too much for a human being to handle.
  • Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system (yes, hotter than Mercury). The reason for this is because of an out of control greenhouse effect that causes the planet to trap extensive amounts of heat. The temperature at the surface is literally hot enough to melt lead, but anything to enter the atmosphere would probably be incinerated by the clouds of sulfuric acid long before reaching the surface. There's also acid rain, which never actually touches the ground but could still be extremely dangerous if you managed to somehow bypass all the other dangers.

Just in case anyone wants to know why nobody would have tried settling on a planet in our own solar system.

IC: Andromeda

She wanted to say something about a crystal rifle, probably that she only heard of such but never seen one in action, but Gaven raised a rather painful subject.

"Well..." she delayed her reply. "My part in rescue was extremely painful but you are welcome."

She then looked at Estelle and tried to smile with gratitude. To her surprise it wasn't so difficult.

"You do understand that I cannot taste your food, Major?" she asked cautiously. "We Zoltan extract energy from suitable substances. But thank you for your offer. I haven't had any food in a long time," she nodded to them both and hovered towards kitchen when she picked up one of those baked goods made by Estelle and closed her eyes. The berliner began to dissipate, releasing a stream of energy that flew into Andromeda's body. For a few seconds her energy began to glow but then all was over. Andromeda returned to Estelle and Gaven.

"Your cooking goods have a good amount of energy in it," she said. "I thank you again."

OOC
Actually, Venus has some sky-cities; supermetal plating to keep out the sulfuric acid, atmosphere is so thick and pressurized that you can float large structures pretty easily. Mainly a science outpost but there are some eccentric billionaires and trillionaires who hang out there.

IC [Dorian]

I'm back, sorry, was... distracted. What did I miss? Oh, ear scratching. Actually feels pretty good. That's nice.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC

Actually, Venus has some sky-cities; supermetal plating to keep out the sulfuric acid, atmosphere is so thick and pressurized that you can float large structures pretty easily. Mainly a science outpost but there are some eccentric billionaires and trillionaires who hang out there.

OOC: Alright, that I suppose could be done with sufficient time and resources. I'd still say that actually landing on the surface is out of the question, though.

IC: "I do mean on the surface of course," Nicole explained.

"Of course," replied Talvert. "I wouldn't say I'm too keen on those sky cities, though. I think orbiting a planet like that would be pretty frightening."

OOC: Just adding a bit more to the conversation to fit the canon better.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC Geburah

The (currently) green Zoltan stood off to the corner of the mess hall, looking around at the others. "Two humans, a Mantis, a Rockman, and a fellow Zoltan. This will be an odd bunch." Doing the Zoltan equivalent of whistling to himself, he kept his distance from the others. Somehow, his random whistling eventually mutated into "If you're happy and you know it".

IC - Kelezaag:

"Do you really think we'd be that lucky?" Kelezaag replied to the pirate, somewhat wistfully. Gazing across the mess hall, she caught Andromeda's stare and returned it, allowing the Zoltan woman to gaze into her eyes for a few moments. Most individuals were generally unable to recognize the less-obvious mannerisms of aliens, especially those of Mantises, on account of the exceedingly low amount of social interaction the insect-like creatures had with others; therefore, she did not bother to restrain her facial expressions, the first of which was a brief look of puzzlement as her mind registered that it had seen this person before, but took slightly longer to remember where. This gave way to an even briefer look of recognition as she remembered: 'Ah, yes, I spit on her.' The last was a mischievous look as she turned over the idea of moving closer to the likely fearful and/or resentful Zoltan. She finally broke eye contact by lifting her soup bowl up to her mouth and draining it, before wandering over to the larger group in the spacious room, where she delivered what would likely prove to be the most unexpected question asked on the entire trip.

"Vielleicht habe ich eine Krapfen wie auch?"

IC Geburah

"... Ms. Kelezaag, why are you talking in the Terran tongue known as German?" The ambassador made his presence known by brielfy flashing yellow and approaching the group.

OOC @Atton: Vincent's available

IC Vincent

Having disposed of the trash bag, he made his way to the Mess Hall, passing by one of the Brasilia's crew and the Kestrel's new doctor (was her name Nicole?) on the way. "Hello," the mechanic said politely as a form of... A greeting used to acknowledge an individual's presence when walking past them on your way to another location. What was the term?

Edited by A Magus With Class

IC [Dorian]

Yeah... The man seemed to take a moment to snap himself out of it. Ahem. I have news. I was digging around your brain, somewhat flustered, and noticed things were... different. Not sure how to put it but I think my presence may have flipped some latent switches. We'll need to keep an eye on this but I may have just stumbled upon the greatest breakthrough since the serum was first invented.

OOC

Worth noting that with German, it's one of the two principal languages for humanity, that and English, and by this point the two have begun to merge into each other. We all talk normally in our posts but it's one giant translation matrix going on.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Geist's fascinated wanderings had gotten ever more fascinated once aboard the Brasilia. The ship was indeed larger and seemed so much more... Well, healthy, for lack of a better immediate word. Though, to be fair, the Kestrel had just endured quite the interesting stream of situations lately, to say the least.

Still, Geist kept in mind not to wander off too far. Orders were to stick close, so he could only see but so much, eventually making his way to the Mess Hall.

Consumption was not a necessity at the moment, but rest seemed like a decent idea, and the atmosphere of the mess hall held enough life to at least make observation interesting. Taking a seat, Geist began simply watching goings on.

OOC: Available for le interaction, should someone be searching for some.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Souper Saladd

And just as the slug was comfortable, the ringing happened. Hearing it again was a bit of a stir from happiness and suddenly the slug was on high alert. Stopping the whole scratching thing, Souper tapped her shoulder. Agent Dorian had returned. Xhe was sure of it. "Ashley...? Is the voice back?" xhe asked, a little worried about what the return might mean, especially right now when they were on the Brasilia. Would the doctors be able to isolate him? Unlikely, but the slug was still hopeful, for once, about it.

As soon as the mantis spoke in German, the pink haired major's eyes widened. "Natürlich darfst du ein haben. Ich hab jeder in diesen Raum gemeint." She replied in unmixed German, her Bavarian accent seeping in as she spoke. Her mother had taught her the raw language as her family were natives of that land for over a thousand years.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC: Ashley

Ashley's purring ceased, even before Souper stopped scratching.

You mean...you may have accidently given me psionic powers? Ashley wasn't sure how to take this, it wasn't necessary a bad thing, but then again...it gave the TIA all the more reason to probe her head...

Ashley looked at Souper, "Yeah, he's back..." She wasn't sure if she wanted to mention the latent switches, it would give Souper more reasons to worry about her. Then again she knew hiding things from the slug was nearly impossible...

"He um...also mentioned something about his presence possibly switching on some latent psionic genes."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC

Worth noting that with German, it's one of the two principal languages for humanity, that and English, and by this point the two have begun to merge into each other. We all talk normally in our posts but it's one giant translation matrix going on.

OOC: German, huh? Interesting choice. Certainly not a language I would have expected to become one of humanity's most dominant.

OOC: Available for le interaction, should someone be searching for some.

You could meet up with Nicole and Vincent in the Brasilia's mess hall.

IC: "I don't know if you heard about Wakahisa?"

"No I didn't." Nicole replied.

"I never met her myself, Talvert explained. "But from what I hear she's the reason any of us got off Gaia at all."

Nicole looked up in surprise as they were approached by a tall man of Asian descent, sporting a thin beard. "Hello," he said. Nicole looked at him, unsure if she should recognize the man or not. "Hi," she said, shyly. "Why don't you take a seat."

OOC: I think Geist should be in the same room somewhere. I was just reading the section on Engi and now I feel a really weird urge to find a context where I can get an Engi to yell "GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP!"

OOC: Well, German is the second most used scientific language in the world, English being the first, IIRC. Then again, if someone says "I spreche English," I'm not calling them a revolutionary, I'm calling them a twit. =P

IC - Kelezaag:

"Danke," the Mantis replied, seizing one of the baked goods. If there was one thing humans could do well, it was cook. Or lie, she hadn't decided which they were better at yet. Dithering around hopelessly, especially in politics, was another good choice, but as she bit into the pastry, she decided that cooking was the specialty. "Dies ist sehr gut," she said. This conversation was getting more outlandish with every passing moment.

OOC:
Certainly didn't see that coming. German, I mean.

IC:

"Psst. Major Walker, think you can translate for us?" Gaven asked quietly.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC Geburah

The ambassador watched in mild amusement as he watched the crew members tear into the German snacks. He, however, wasn't interested; he had them one time during a visit to Terra, and the experience had... Jarred him, at best.

IC Vincent

"Oh, okay." The mechanic sat down by Nicole and the Brasilia crew member. "U presume you are the Kestrel's new doctor? I'm Vincent Liu; maintenece."

IC: "I should probably be going," Talvert said as he stood up from the table. "I'll try and see more of you later."

The young soldier made his way towards the door as Nicole turned toward the mechanic. "Nicole," she said. "And yes, I'm the new doctor."

OOC

In real life German is starting to become more popular in Europe as a secondary language, and due to Germany's dominance in the European Union, I imagine if the federalization of it were ever to happen, that'd only increase the spread. Spanish is still pretty popular due to its prevalence in South America, but for the completely globalized Terra, English and German ultimately prevailed. Of course, in the colonies, you probably will see settlers that don't take after that globalized state of affairs and speak their own local dialect.

IC [Dorian]

Well just don't stare at anyone too intently for now, k? Might not end well in this state.

IC [Crew Colonel]

"Hmm. Unorthodox, to be sure, but you were aboard a Space Force vessel. The order would not have been illegal under those conditions. I do have to wonder, these... Vendarians. My records on them are scarce, but their aggression is well known. Overthrew their Confederate overseers in a particularly violent fashion. Are you aware of why the Vendarians are aboard the Kestrel, and why one would be assigned a Confederate rank?"

voidstars.png

OOC what about Asia? I can't imagine anything but standard Chinese beibg the dominant language over there in the future.

We really should move this to the Discussion topic...

IC Vincent

"Pleasure to meet you, though I do wish you had come to us in more favorable conditions. For your sake, of course." The mechanic gave a polite smile. "How are you finding the Kestrel so far?"

OOC what about Asia? I can't imagine anything but standard Chinese beibg the dominant language over there in the future.

We really should move this to the Discussion topic...

OOC: I would have guessed French, if only because it is historically the second or third most influential language in the world (along with English and Spanish). Of course, considering we're dealing with space travel Russian probably wouldn't be too great a stretch either given they've made some of the most significant achievements in the history of space exploration. (The Americans put a man on the moon, but the Russians were the first to get anything into space at all, namely Sputnik and later the first human being in orbit, and more recently they also built the Soyuz, which is used a lot by modern astronauts)

IC: Nicole smiled, trying to be polite. "It's still hard adjusting," she said. "The crew seems nice enough but nobody's explained a thing to me since I got assigned to the ambassador."

"Danke Schön. Ich bake Krapfen für mein leben gern!" She replied, surprised that she could actually have a conversation in her native tongue.... With a mantis. The thought of speaking with a mantis was usually absurd and she didn't care much for them but.. This one was okay for now.

The pink haired Major turned to Gaven and smiled. "She asked me if she could have some, I said yes, and she had just complimented them to which I replied thank you and that I love baking them." She said proudly.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:
"Not to be rude, but why exactly did you go to the trouble of learning a human language?" Gaven asked the Mantis politely.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC - Kelezaag:

Kelezaag thought for a moment. "No particular reason, I simply liked the language," she explained, sounding somewhat evasive. It wasn't quite a lie, but then, it wasn't telling the whole truth, either. Not that she had any problems with being dishonest. Besides, the details weren't any of these people's business, anyway.

Her mind returned to the items she had picked up days ago at the station: Some crummy human wine, a cut of rare meat that she found exceedingly unappealing, and the most disappointing of the bunch, an air freshener in place of a candle. They had been lost or destroyed at some point in the attack. She was disappointed; she had never missed that anniversary before. Then again, after 2 and a half decades, it was probably time to let it die, anyway. At least now she wouldn't have to eat the meat.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC:
"Really? How odd. I honestly never figured a Mantis would ever like something about humans," Gaven replied, slightly puzzled.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:

"For some reason, I, the security chief at the time, was not consulted on personnel appointments when the ship's crew was being formed. Likely this was due to secrecy; doubtless the ship's crew was carefully selected for the sake of the mission, taking into account factors I do not have clearance to know." Can said. "However, if I may hazard a guess, I would suggest that the presence of a Vendarian 'adviser' to the colonel is a political concession granted to the Vendarians. I believe that neither of them should have been onboard in the first place. Vendarians seem to think that their own political, cultural, and personal ideals are more important than the mission at large, and for that reason I think that those two are far more dangerous than even our Mantis crewmembers."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Dorian]

Well, uh, I never have had to deal with telepathy but I imagine reading other people's thoughts can't be too great. Don't want to open yourself up to that torrent of information.

IC [Crew Colonel]

"Hmm. The Vendarians are well known for their... volatile nature. Some juvenile story about moon bases and genetic engineering, so I am told. All rather absurd if you ask me. This man, Devas, does seem to have a competent record, what bits of it we have on-board. The politics of the matter are... odd, though League affairs always tend to be annoying like that."

voidstars.png

IC [Transmission station in orbit around Poseidon Prime]

"We've got contact." The lieutenant was floating above the panel, tapping some keys to begin the coordinate transfer. "I'm reading seven scouts, looks like a test. Eastern hemisphere cannons are warming up, will fire in fifteen seconds."

"Mantis really need to learn to stop doing that," her superior floated down, a short captain. "They might breed in the thousands but those ships can't be cheap."

"Need to keep tabs on our position somehow, I guess." The panel began beeping again, the lieutenant looking down at it with an odd expression. "Registering multiple contacts... dozens of vessels! It's a Mantis brood!" The lieutenant rammed an emergency button on the wall, alarms blaring and automated emergency messages being transmitted. "The defense force is en route, eta thirty minutes. Orbital defenses are on, computer beginning calculations..."

The captain choked down her protein bar and strapped into a floating harness, pulling up a tablet and beginning her work. "We've got two battleships, fifteen destroyers, looks like forty cruisers. No landing parties launched, must not like the water."

"Matrix three firing in five seconds."

Outside, a dozen crystal-powered railguns finished taking aim and filed a salvo, their rounds flying at several kilometers per second, and directly into the Mantis battlegroup. The solid steel vaporized as it entered, a superheated core continuing on as it ripped through a Mantis cruiser. Several smashed through the lead battleship, but the ships only continued to approach. What was worse, more began to jump in, beginning to number in the hundreds.

"Focus on those battleships, we have to slow them down. Do we have word from the surface installations?"

"Just came in; they're beginning final charge procedures, fifteen seconds."

It was, perhaps, one of the best kept secrets of the Confederacy. An artillery beam that could pierce through shields wasn't a new concept, but it required immense power. The Confederacy gave it far, far more. On the planet below, secluded in a small volcanic chain, the focusing lens adjusted ever so slightly. Platforms in orbit, coated with the toughest supermetal known to mankind, meant it could fire practically anywhere. Its dozen fusion reactor cores could have powered a large settlement. In a titanic roar, it opened fire, bouncing off of the mirrors in orbit and directly towards the fleet. It was not simply a laser; no mirror setup could handle the sheer power behind it. No, in order to cut through any shield, it was a particle beam of sorts, using the laser as a path. High-energy ions as well as FTL particles raced along the conduit created for them, cutting through the void and towards the approaching Mantis fleet.

The first unlucky ship to be hit was a small bomber craft that had jumped in; it disintegrated, cut in two as its hull glowed from the sheer heat. The beam continued through several more ships, one suffering a critical reactor failure and taking out its neighboring compliment. The destruction was massive, and the approaching fleet only continued to be bombarded by railgun slugs.

Humanity was prepared this time.

[High orbit over Bastion]

The Vendarian watch satellites quickly picked up the jump signatures of an incoming fleet; by now they were use to the Mantis raiding parties, existing on the frontier, but today, something new happened. Rather than picking up the distinctive heatsigns of Mantis vessels, the sensors picked up an unusual site in these parts: Rock vessels. They were intermingled with Engi and human craft, the human craft looking like ancient Terran warships, dating all the way back to the First Exodus. In total, this rag-tag fleet numbered twenty two ships, though several were of particularly large size, large enough to be considered destroyers. A frequency became active, one of the watchmen turning it on to hear a voice.

"This is Adelina Geihl, of the True Bastion Leadership. Your presence here is in violation of interplanetary treaties, most namely the Non-Aggression Treaty of 0067. You know that, though, so tell your commanders that they can come quietly or my new friends will have to have a discussion with them. We possess experimental technology, and would prefer this remain bloodless. If you choose to fight, we will be forced to annihilate your defenses. Respond when convenient."

voidstars.png

IC:

William had largely listened to the conversations in silence as he ate, sipping his coffee intermittently. He understood most of what was being said, having knowledge of German was practically a requirement for life, after all, but he didn't feel much of a need to comment. His own snack was almost gone, and his coffee wasn't far behind when he finally spoke up.

"A pink-haired Major that likes to bake, a Mantis fond of Krapfen and the German language, a Rockman that doesn't know German, and another Major that has coffee instead of blood." A pause, before he smiled slightly, though a note of tension lingered. "I'd say it sounds like the setup to a joke, but it might be too outlandish even for that."

"When everyone is ready, we can venture onto the Brasilia. It might be wise, however, if you stick particularly close to the group, Ms. Kelezaag. Troops on these bigger ships tend to get bored, and boredom means trigger happy."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"... And almost everyone fought in the Earth war." Estelle added a bit bitterly before taking her final bit of German pastry. "Well... I'm ready to go as well. But take your time." She said to the others before turning to Will.

"Did you really have to point out the hair?"

OOC: I'm assuming we somehow have a means of communicating in real time across the galaxy. It probably would have to be something other than radio waves.

To simplify some very confusing science: radio waves are actually a type of light (along with gamma rays, x-rays, and visible light- the only type we can actually see). Light always travels at a constant speed (hence the use of "light years" to measure distances outside the solar system; as a "light year" is simply the distance light can travel in one year). Because of this, at greater distances there are greater delays in radio transmissions. For instance if you wanted to send a message from Earth to the sun, it would take about eight minutes to get there. If you wanted to send a message to something further out like Mars or Jupiter it might take an hour depending on their orbital position,

Now granted, this is an area I'm skeptical in but before I go asserting my authority I'm assuming that we have somehow found a way around that by this point in time, especially since we've evidently managed to somehow get around the time dilatation that would come with travelling at the speed of light. Given all that it probably wouldn't be a "radio" in the strictest sense, but anything more than that I don't think I could guess.

Alright, I'm done rambling about communications in outer space.

IC: "An info run?" Nicole asked., a hint of frustration in her voice "An info run? If that's all it was why did nobody tell me even that? Why all the secrecy on the ambassador ship as well? If this thing was so secret why did they even put me on board?"

Nicole paused. She had to take a moment to compose herself, taking deep breaths and trying to calm herself down. "I'm sorry," she said. "I suppose I'd better tell you the full story. It wasn't just that I was assigned to the ambassador's ship, or that they didn't tell me why. It's because that never should have happened to begin with. You see, I was on Gaia, and while I was there I was..."

She couldn't bring herself to reveal the full story of what happened. Nicole's eyes began to water as she thought of Irina. "I was hurt," she said. "I was given leave and brought to a hospital on Earth. The thing is, I was still recovering when I was assigned. The doctors insisted I wasn't ready for duty but whoever arranged this had their mind made up. I had no say at all, and nobody would even tell me why they couldn't find someone more qualified for the job."

OOC

I'm assuming we somehow have a means of communicating in real time across the galaxy.

We do not. It's actually a big thing, one I could have sworn I put in the first post but I'll double check. There are no FTL methods of communication; data must be physically transmitted.

So it wasn't there, I added a bit to it.

voidstars.png