Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I have a feeling that there may be an announcement in september... just a gut feeling. It'd give them time to finalize designs for websites, sets etc. and also be an optimal moment for an announcement because it's one of those nothing-happening-but-conventions months.

That would be sweet if it was here in time for my birthday :)

Must not mention hype......must not mention hype..... Anyways I kinda hope we get more then 6 toa elements a year, Maybe like how herofactory had 9 different coloured heroes

I dunno. 9 seems like a little much for me. The more heroes there are, the less challenging it seems for the heroes to win.

I don't know, In 2008 it kinda bothered me that 7 toa were enough to go against 8 makuta when in 2001, 1 makuta was hard enough for them

Must not mention hype......must not mention hype..... Anyways I kinda hope we get more then 6 toa elements a year, Maybe like how herofactory had 9 different coloured heroes

I dunno. 9 seems like a little much for me. The more heroes there are, the less challenging it seems for the heroes to win.

I don't know, In 2008 it kinda bothered me that 7 toa were enough to go against 8 makuta when in 2001, 1 makuta was hard enough for them

True, but I think they played it off well in the story with the Plan. But if they absolutely wanted to, the Makuta would have chewed them up and spit them out. They would have needed a lot more toa for it have been an all out fight. However, I doubt they would have such over powered villians again. 42 rahkshi powers plus shape shifting and limited reincarnation? No, that is way to many powers to poses as a canister set.

But not enough for Omega Tahu...

• Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png

True, but I think they played it off well in the story with the Plan. But if they absolutely wanted to, the Makuta would have chewed them up and spit them out. They would have needed a lot more toa for it have been an all out fight. However, I doubt they would have such over powered villians again. 42 rahkshi powers plus shape shifting and limited reincarnation? No, that is way to many powers to poses as a canister set.

But not enough for Omega Tahu...

Omega Tahu is never satisfied...

• Upvote 2

It was kind of explained that the Makuta were only playing with the Toa Nuva until the time was right.

XJCLW, on 02 Aug 2014 - 4:52 PM, said:snapback.png

I have a feeling that there may be an announcement in september... just a gut feeling. It'd give them time to finalize designs for websites, sets etc. and also be an optimal moment for an announcement because it's one of those nothing-happening-but-conventions months.

If you want to talk of gut feelings... I have one that Bionicle is not coming back yet.  Just jokin.  I may or may not think it will come back, but I don't want to crush people's hopes.  I want to smash them into oblivion.

Back on topic, I want to see some other elements.  I have a story (I knew I'd wind up saying that again) that features a toa team of other elements, and four Matoran.  I've found some of the other elements are cooler.  I like Plantlife.  Sound and Magnetism... eh.  Electricity, Plasma, and Gravity are cool.  Iron is boring, and Psionics, I just dislike.  What about new elements?  Time, Alchemy, Acid, Sand...?

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

If you want to talk of gut feelings... I have one that Bionicle is not coming back yet.  Just jokin.  I may or may not think it will come back, but I don't want to crush people's hopes.  I want to smash them into oblivion.

Back on topic, I want to see some other elements.  I have a story (I knew I'd wind up saying that again) that features a toa team of other elements, and four Matoran.  I've found some of the other elements are cooler.  I like Plantlife.  Sound and Magnetism... eh.  Electricity, Plasma, and Gravity are cool.  Iron is boring, and Psionics, I just dislike.  What about new elements?  Time, Alchemy, Acid, Sand...?

I dunno, Judging by the amount of evidence lately, my exceptions are pretty high for bionicle to come back.

• Upvote 1

Dude, two things. One, my element on my profile is listed as Time :P

Two, if there was such thing as Toa of Time, there would be limitless Bionicle/Doctor Who fanfics :D

• Upvote 3

We need a true Toa of Anarchy.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Toa of Anarchy? We already have that. Check our list of demands. His name is Vezpool.

Personally, I'd also like to see a Toa team composed of other elements. Iron, sonics, psionics, gravity, plasma and plantlife.

I'd also like to see the revival of some of the older villains who we haven't seen in years: Roodaka, TSO, the remaining Barraki lords.

And characters who never got sets, like Tuyet, Artakha and definately the Marendar. If Marendar stays part of the storyline, I have a theory for how it might eventually be defeated, which involves the viruses that TSO stole...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Two, if there was such thing as Toa of Time, there would be limitless Bionicle/Doctor Who fanfics :D

If you ask me, time travel is the last thing we need (I know you were joking, but still). It would just make the story more complicated, which, if I understand correctly, is what Lego is trying to avoid.

• Upvote 3

2xu8Ptu.png

If you ask me, time travel is the last thing we need (I know you were joking, but still). It would just make the story more complicated, which, if I understand correctly, is what Lego is trying to avoid.

Yeah espiciously since Greg said time travel can ruin any story...

Edited by Trizzlers
  • Upvote 1

I never said Time Travel.  Time.  Like the mask of Time.  I.e. speed up and slow down time, maybe see the past or even possible futures.

~W.12.~

• Upvote 2

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

So time travel's bad, but randomly hopping between dimensions and starting story arcs in alternate realities is okay?

My head hurts...

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So time travel's bad, but randomly hopping between dimensions and starting story arcs in alternate realities is okay?

My head hurts...

I kinda agree, the amount of different dimensions got to out of hand and became unnecessary honestly.

i wounder how long bionicle gen. 2 will last?

20 YEARS, OMEGA TAHU WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON...

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to Bionicle gen 2, but I'm already thinking forward to when it reaches its inevitable conclusion. I seriously doubt we'll get a third chance.

B1 lasted almost ten years (more if you include the continuation of the serials), but the lifespan of B2 is entirely dependant on how it's recieved. I'm confident, however, that when B2 ends, we won't be getting a B3.

This is Bionicle's second chance, but it will be our last, so let's make the best of it, and make it last...

• Upvote 2

I'm looking forward to Bionicle gen 2, but I'm already thinking forward to when it reaches its inevitable conclusion. I seriously doubt we'll get a third chance.

B1 lasted almost ten years (more if you include the continuation of the serials), but the lifespan of B2 is entirely dependant on how it's recieved. I'm confident, however, that when B2 ends, we won't be getting a B3.

This is Bionicle's second chance, but it will be our last, so let's make the best of it, and make it last...

I don't think you think of it as "chances" if Lego have a recurring line that brings them some level (usually a high level) of success, there's no reason they shouldn't keep the line (which they've invested a fair bit in) alive, rest it every now and then to let it rejuvenate/try other lines and then bring it back later. Actually seems like a plausible long term strategy to me, having a nice long term line you can bring in and out of retirement. :P

• Upvote 2
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I'd really like for the masks to be compatible with at least the Metru heads. I don't follow HF sets closely, can anyone tell me if any kind of masks/helmets from 2013+ are backwards with Metru or at least Glatorian heads?

Already have one. XD

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'd like the return to feature something similar to the Metru Heads, so that the old masks would be compatible. But at the same time, I'd also like some more Glatorian-style heads, because nearly all of mine have broken.

• Upvote 1

I'd really like for the masks to be compatible with at least the Metru heads. I don't follow HF sets closely, can anyone tell me if any kind of masks/helmets from 2013+ are backwards with Metru or at least Glatorian heads?

Already have one. XD

It's already started.....  :o

Whoa, I was just reading through all of that and... How is Iron boring? Think about it, it's the ultimate Toa power, the ability to turn your opponent's armour and weapons against them! No wonder the Makuta tried to wipe them out.

For that reason alone, I'd love to see a Toa of iron as a set. That would be amazing.

• Upvote 2

I believe from the 2.0 series onward (I think it was in early 2011?) they've been using pins (Think lightsaber blade type) for the helmet connections instead of axles. And of course recently HF has moved into more of a minifig scale with ultra build mechs and monsters style.
  • Upvote 1
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I really don't like the pin system personally. I preferred the technic axles and stuff. If B2 uses pins to attach the masks I might just have a fit...

I completely agree regarding the armour, but I still stand by my point with the masks. I want compatibility with older sets, and pins won't provide that...

I completely agree regarding the armour, but I still stand by my point with the masks. I want compatibility with older sets, and pins won't provide that...

I agree with you completely. I want compatibility extremely so.

Well lets hope lego makes a redesigned metru head compatible with past masks.

• Upvote 2

From recent productions, it's likely that it will be a translucent head. I think someone mentioned it before, but there's a good chance the Brain Attack heads will be used; though, I would hate to see that head on a Bionicle figure - no face!

• Upvote 3

I really don't like the pin system personally. I preferred the technic axles and stuff. If B2 uses pins to attach the masks I might just have a fit...

I wouldn't mind pins for masks but pins for decorating armour and stuff I don't really like because its loose and you can't put much on it.
Eh, in the HF sets I have (Almost all from the first wave up to Breakout) I've never had an issue with loose pins. Most of the armor decorations have two pins to increase stability.

I could see them using pins on the masks but changing it so that it goes in the "mouth" again in order to preserve compatibility.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I suspect they'll use a redesigned version of the Glatorian heads from 2009/10 or maybe the Av-Matoran heads from 2008.

Sigh.  Why do I bother trying not to think Bionicle is coming back?  Bionicle is practically my favorite thing in the world.  I should get all hyped up (I am not riding a train) and if, and it seems unlikely anymore, Bionicle doesn't return, crash and burn.  But when it does return, I'll be way more excited because I was already hyped.  And I feel like I'm against everyone else.  I don't want to be the only skeptic here. 

Bionicle 2015 is coming.....

~W.12.~

I didn't mind them too much. They were compatible with mostly all masks, and didn't break as easily as the Glatorian heads.

From recent productions, it's likely that it will be a translucent head. I think someone mentioned it before, but there's a good chance the Brain Attack heads will be used; though, I would hate to see that head on a Bionicle figure - no face!

Were the brain attack heads not glatorian heads? 2013 was the year I stoped getting any hero factory sets so I have no idea

I wouldn't mind pins for masks but pins for decorating armour and stuff I don't really like because its loose and you can't put much on it.
Eh, in the HF sets I have (Almost all from the first wave up to Breakout) I've never had an issue with loose pins. Most of the armor decorations have two pins to increase stability.

I could see them using pins on the masks but changing it so that it goes in the "mouth" again in order to preserve compatibility.

Thats what I was thinking, perhaps heads that have a axel piont to have compatibly with old masks but use a pin to connect new masks 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if the new sets will be any good or not, but I must admit that I'm excited for them in a way similar to how I got excited for new sets from 2001 onward to the first wave of 2007. The excitement dissapated for me to a great extent after the Barraki because LEGO kept reusing the same Inika/Piraka designs over and over again until the end, so my nostalgic feelings for Bionicle are somewhat colored by those poor last years, but I can't deny that Bionicle was a defining part of my life for quite a few years, so as soon as they become available, I will happily purchase the new sets.

I sure hope that the Toa sets are fairly similar in size, specifically Tahu, Gail, Kopaka and Lewa. Im so used to seeing Pohatu and Onua in a shorter size (excluding Mistika Onua), so for them it wont really matter. :)

I just hope theres not a huge different in sizes and part variations.

Edited by AdaptingChaos
  • Upvote 1