2002 Promo VHS

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

There is a shorter video similar to this in English that has been floating around online since 2002, but the quality is far inferior and it lacks many parts of this video, including those wonderful new scenes with Vakama and Jala.

if you are curious.

What is interesting is that the English video was created to pitch the Bohrok to retailers and advertisers, it was never intended for public use. That makes it surprising to me that this extended German version was more widely available. Do you remember where/how you watched it when you were little? Could you link to the site you found it on?

Again, thank you. It is great to see this.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

This wasn't intended to be shown to retailers only. They actually sold these as a VHS at my local toy shop.

It seems to be rather rare, I can't remember seeing it anywhere else.

The site I have this from is: http://chronistmagazin.de/blog

I'm not a member there, but since I'm german I thought I'd have a look at the page. And there I found the video, wich quite literally overwhelmed me with nostalgia. I really wish we got to see more of the set-accurate animation like the Vakama and Jala scene. The slow, ambient music also captured the mood of the first years of Bionicle perfectly.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

I forgot that cool scene where Kopaka stops that avalanche with his powers.

But anyway, watching this brought back a lot of my early memories of Bionicle. Thanks for posting a link to it! :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The sounds of Vakama and Jaller talking remind me of the Legend of Mata Nui PC game. I guess that style of speech was going to be a legit thing and not just part of a game.

This is a really great find. It's awesome to come across lost gems like this.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

The fact that it's an old cassette recording with image artifacts somehow makes it even better. :P It got a bit slow-paced at the end, but it was still quite amazing to watch. I don't remember seeing said VHS for sale anywhere, though.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I could do a translation in the next week or so. I don't know how to make .srt files, but I'll look into it.

An SRT file is pretty simple to make, they are plain text files that can be made in any text editor. Here's an example from the Wikipedia article:

00:00:10,500 --> 00:00:13,000
Elephant's Dream

00:00:15,000 --> 00:00:18,000
At the left we can see...

They are very well supported and can easily be loaded into VLC.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?