The Elder Scrolls

@ ~JC~; I think I fall into the stereotype, because I've always favored the engine that lets me flip between a game, an internet article, a music video, and typing up a document, and then mixing it all up however I choose, whilst positioned on my desk, perfect for reading or working with more mundane means.
If that's your reason then nah you're fine

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Meet Maerin, proud Nord and future Stormcloak.
So you killed a Stormcloak soldier for their clothes, then wish to join the Stormcloaks.Logical.I've yet to take a side in the war, but when I do I'll probably go with then Imperials. The Stormcloaks don't like kitties. :C
So, let me see, that way it should be logical siding with the guys who wanted to kill you. Logical. :P

I've been playing nearly non-stop for weeks since I quit smoking to keep my fingers busy. My current is a level 37 Female Orc. Two-Handed weapons, heavy armor, smithing and dabbling in enchanting and alchemy. I completed the companion quests and last night the Imperial side of the civil war.Up next I'm going to stockpile some potions and take on Alduin. I've got a few characters in mind to play after this one finishes, though I may take a break to play some New Vegas.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

@ ~JC~; I think I fall into the stereotype, because I've always favored the engine that lets me flip between a game, an internet article, a music video, and typing up a document, and then mixing it all up however I choose, whilst positioned on my desk, perfect for reading or working with more mundane means.
If that's your reason then nah you're fine
Okay. :)@ Takatu; Too lazy to walk, eh? The last time I played I was using a character at 51 with about 300 Stamina on her, plus full Light Armor perks. I could run for so long before needing to stop, and even regain stamina outside as a vampire. Horses too noisy for assassinations.@ Chols; No, they just think Nords are the best. Which is close enough. Everyone knows it's Redguards.@ Rama~Swarm; Don't stop 'til you hit 50! :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

So, let me see, that way it should be logical siding with the guys who wanted to kill you. Logical. :P
To be fair, only that one Captain wanted to kill you, the rest seemed against it. :P They were just too chicken to do anything about it.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Yeah, the opening is a bit "eh", since they apparently just nabbed everyone that looked to be a Stormcloak and decided to lop their heads of. From a pragmatic point of view, I can see where the Imperial captain is coming from, as even if they kill one or two innocents there they would be stopping a war that has gotten a lot more innocents involved. From their point of view they just caught a small caravan that Ulfric was with, and since the player character was right next to them (by accident) there is little reason to think that he/she is not a Stormcloak as well.On my first run I still went Stormcloak, though I never got too far into Civil War. I stopped after getting that old crown, as I didn't feel like following Ulfric anymore. Neither side is perfect, but after a while I just favored the Imperials more despite the whole stereotype of "evil empire, good rebellion" that often hits fiction.If I'm allowed to talk mods again... Live Another Life sticks you in one of several alternate beginnings, such as being a camper in the wilds, coming by ship to one of the ports, being shipwrecked off the coast, sleeping at an inn, etc. Just a simple start, an from there you go wherever you like. With such a start, it made more sense from my character's POV to join whichever army seemed nicest, since none of them had done anything special to me beforehand. Of course, I started one character as a Necromancer who hated everyone, so he didn't pick a side at all unless their corpses were easy to get. :P

I've noticed people bringing up the "all empires are evil" thing before, not really here but on other forums. I guess Hollywood has kinda corrupted that view a tad, since the Empire couldn't be farther from an oppressive evil force in Morrowind and Oblivion, at least. Not to say the Stormcloaks are a legion of evil, either. I just didn't really like their attitude of "if you're a Nord and don't join up with us first chance you get, you're a traitor to everything and deserve to die." Which is weird, because I didn't get that vibe from Ulfric himself, just the soldiers I run into on the road.Anyway, it's not that I don't like walking lol, I actually walk more often than anything else (I really try my hardest to avoid fast traveling, since I just about always have more fun exploring on foot, but I admit I've caved before), but sometimes if I have an objective that's a fair distance away that little extra horse speed is nice.

rahkshi_symbol.png

The Stormcloak rebellion just seems misguided to me. Too much talk about pride and Skyrim "belonging" to the Nords.But then again the Empire kind of sparked it all by submitting to the Thalmor's demands to ban Talos worship. I kind of hope there's a quest to eliminate the Thalmor's influence on either side of the civil war questline.The whole issue is just silly. I think I'll side with the dragons. :U

Edited by Chols

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I just didn't really like their attitude of "if you're a Nord and don't join up with us first chance you get, you're a traitor to everything and deserve to die." Which is weird, because I didn't get that vibe from Ulfric himself, just the soldiers I run into on the road.
It's probably because Ulfric himself knows exactly what he is thinking, but the soldiers under him only really hear some speeches about how "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!", where the meaning is "...and not the Empire!" rather than "...and not anyone else!"; though he seems indifferent or uncaring about the other races. That fact, coupled with the soldiers' rage against the Empire, makes them think only about themselves. There are fewer Stormcloaks than there are Imperial soldiers or "neutral" citizens, after all.EDIT: Siding with the dragons before Alduin is gone would destroy the world for everyone. :P The Thalmor and their crazy agenda is just as bad, though, so turning the dragons against them would not be a problem for me at all. Edited by Katuko

EDIT: Siding with the dragons before Alduin is gone would destroy the world for everyone. :P The Thalmor and their crazy agenda is just as bad, though, so turning the dragons against them would not be a problem for me at all.
Yeah he's the one dragon who's annoying. I'm sure they'd all be cool guys without him. Actually, they'd just be dead guys without him. That works too.Once I accidentally interrupted Alduin during a resurrection. The dragon remained half-animated and the sky was perpetually full of smoke and ashes.Needless to say I had to load an old save afterwards. :/

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Both sides aren't right at all.Ulfric is racist and he'd admit he wasn't right at all in Sovngarde himself: his tactic weakened the Empire against Thalmors, instead of fortifying it. And, rebelling against an Empire founded by Talos himself, the god they want to worship again? Sounds kinda nonsense.Tullius even doesn't know about major Nord traditions: he couldn't name Sovngarde, only Rikke could during the final battle. Then, the fact that the Empire was going to kill the Dragonborn. Needless to say.

Once I accidentally interrupted Alduin during a resurrection. The dragon remained half-animated and the sky was perpetually full of smoke and ashes.Needless to say I had to load an old save afterwards. :/
I thought that just created Skeletal Dragons :P
I interrupted Alduin right before the dragon left its grave, so the resurrection animation was stuck indefinitely. :P

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Trust me, guys, Invincible Invisible Dragons are far more annoying... >.>
Oh man, I got one of those yesterday while already fighting a blood dragon. I had to waste so many potions.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

Yeah, I wouldn't say either side of the Civil War is great. Siding with the Empire, there's no guarantee they'll build up enough of a force to take on the Thalmor again. By the end of the war, their legions are still spread thin. On the other hand, as good at fighting as they are, I just can't see an independent Skyrim being able to stand against the Thalmor for very long. And while I see where they're coming from in feeling betrayed when the Empire surrendered, especially Ulfric, I think what they don't realize is that the Empire is pretty clearly just buying their time to fight the Thalmor again (which, as somebody mentioned above, Ulfric realizes in Sovngarde if he died before you go there). While I think the Empire could be going about biding their time in more effective ways, I feel like in the long run leaving them in charge is more beneficial in stopping those elves.Or, considering what a walking nightmare the Dragonborn ends up being, just have him take Odahviing, Durnehviir and any other dragons willing to follow over to the Dominion's doorstep and he can probably obliterate them without much trouble.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Personally, I'd like to have my vampire Necromancer character mirror that nice little "take a walk" scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. The Thalmor have a fleet? Cute. Won't stop an army of undead from simply walking across the bottom of the ocean and surfacing in their port cities. As opening shots go, it'd be a doozy.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I've noticed people bringing up the "all empires are evil" thing before, not really here but on other forums. I guess Hollywood has kinda corrupted that view a tad, since the Empire couldn't be farther from an oppressive evil force in Morrowind and Oblivion, at least. Not to say the Stormcloaks are a legion of evil, either. I just didn't really like their attitude of "if you're a Nord and don't join up with us first chance you get, you're a traitor to everything and deserve to die." Which is weird, because I didn't get that vibe from Ulfric himself, just the soldiers I run into on the road.
Really? I've run into a lot of Stormcloaks and Imperials on the road, and I never got anything like that from then. I've heard the whole set of lines from them, and for the most part, I like the Stormcloak soldiers a lot more. Almost 80% of the Imperial encounters are 'This is official Imperial Business ragh', which is just irritating. It's much harder to find Imperials who aren't transporting a captured prisoner (and, by default, making themselves look like a bunch of flat eared Thalmor) than it is for the Stormcloaks. See, I always meet Stormcloaks going along the whole Nord pride thing, but I've only seen them doing the whole 'go away' thing... once? Twice, maybe?
Personally, I'd like to have my vampire Necromancer character mirror that nice little "take a walk" scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. The Thalmor have a fleet? Cute. Won't stop an army of undead from simply walking across the bottom of the ocean and surfacing in their port cities. As opening shots go, it'd be a doozy.
Pointy-Ears the Expert Alteration Mage: Sir, my Detect Dead spell is sensing incoming activity. Oh, and did I mention I'm feeling like a Nazi today?Pointed-Ears the Thalmor Fleet Admiral: Huh. Nords with magic? Or just necromancers? Either way, get the Staff. The one with the swastika on it.Pointy-Ears: Yes sir. *Pulls out a Staff of Turn Undead up to Level 50 in a Burst 150 for 120 seconds* Here's that old staff we recovered from the ruins of Morrowind. It should work well enough. May I fire Mein Fuhrer?Pointed-Ears: Of course, soldier.Pointy-Ears: *Fires staff, sending the undead running* Run! Run! I'm a Nazi! Run!Undead: Run off.Nah, that battle strategy won't work. Now, a single Legendary Dragon has the Armor and HP to take down the entire Thalmor Fleet. Just need to find one and beat him into submission. Make some kind of dragon blood oath - "I spare you, but in return, you must kill 10,000 Thalmor. You may eat as many as you want."Yeah. That would be fun.Pointy-Ears: Sir, there's something wrong with the lighthouse.Pointed-Ears: *Looks out binoculars, and sees Legendary Dragon on lighthouse* ...men. Pray to Auriel while you can.
Yeah, I wouldn't say either side of the Civil War is great. Siding with the Empire, there's no guarantee they'll build up enough of a force to take on the Thalmor again. By the end of the war, their legions are still spread thin. On the other hand, as good at fighting as they are, I just can't see an independent Skyrim being able to stand against the Thalmor for very long. And while I see where they're coming from in feeling betrayed when the Empire surrendered, especially Ulfric, I think what they don't realize is that the Empire is pretty clearly just buying their time to fight the Thalmor again (which, as somebody mentioned above, Ulfric realizes in Sovngarde if he died before you go there). While I think the Empire could be going about biding their time in more effective ways, I feel like in the long run leaving them in charge is more beneficial in stopping those elves.
Either way, you need to do the Civil War quests to beat the Dominion. The war not having a winner is the Dominions goals. The way I see it, the Empire is better off without Skyrim. There's still bound to be plenty of survivng Stormcloaks to cause trouble, so if the Empire has Skyrim, they still have trouble in country. Get rid of the Empire, and Skyrim doesn't have any more internal problems. The Empire can focus on its borders. Skyrim can shore up on its defenses. Both sides are more prepared than before.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Nah, that battle strategy won't work. Now, a single Legendary Dragon has the Armor and HP to take down the entire Thalmor Fleet. Just need to find one and beat him into submission. Make some kind of dragon blood oath - "I spare you, but in return, you must kill 10,000 Thalmor. You may eat as many as you want."
There would have to be a distraction of course. Only a fool sends in forces without support.Some storm magic would suffice.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I think I'd rather just sneak into their fleet and take them out one by one. It's easier that way. :Pyou kids and your glowy magic.
Pfft. Stealth or magic are pfft. I drop down from Odahviings back and destroy the entire ship with bare hands.They have detect life, rendering your stealth useless. They can detect me, and my dragons. It just won't help.Ooh. It started raining. And there's the thunder and lightning.And a ship blowing up.Bam.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Yeah, I wouldn't say either side of the Civil War is great. Siding with the Empire, there's no guarantee they'll build up enough of a force to take on the Thalmor again. By the end of the war, their legions are still spread thin. On the other hand, as good at fighting as they are, I just can't see an independent Skyrim being able to stand against the Thalmor for very long. And while I see where they're coming from in feeling betrayed when the Empire surrendered, especially Ulfric, I think what they don't realize is that the Empire is pretty clearly just buying their time to fight the Thalmor again (which, as somebody mentioned above, Ulfric realizes in Sovngarde if he died before you go there). While I think the Empire could be going about biding their time in more effective ways, I feel like in the long run leaving them in charge is more beneficial in stopping those elves.
Either way, you need to do the Civil War quests to beat the Dominion. The war not having a winner is the Dominions goals. The way I see it, the Empire is better off without Skyrim. There's still bound to be plenty of survivng Stormcloaks to cause trouble, so if the Empire has Skyrim, they still have trouble in country. Get rid of the Empire, and Skyrim doesn't have any more internal problems. The Empire can focus on its borders. Skyrim can shore up on its defenses. Both sides are more prepared than before.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
The Way I see it, the Thalmor are trying to break Skyrim out of the Empire, just like they did with Hammerfell, Valenwood, and Elsweyr.The Thalmor "Win" no matter what; I personally feel joining the empire causes the least trouble, especially since it's clear high ranking Imperial officers like Rikka and Hadvar support Talos Worship and oppose the taking of prisoners.I honestly can't see how the empire is better off without Skyrim, seeing as the book "The Great War" indicates most of the Empire's soldiers come from Skyrim, and an Anti-Empire Skyrim would effectively isolate High Rock from Reinforcements from the south, as it too is an Imperial Province. Instead of storing up forces for the anti-Thalmor backstab, the empire will expend resources to reclaim Skyrim, and Skyrim will be under attack from Cryodill and Highrock. The Empire won't "Mind it's Borders" when Skyrim is a critical resource needed to win. A "Free Skyrim" will likely end up like the Independence movements in Elsweyr and Valenwood, vassals of the elves.The Thalmor want the Empire and Stormcloaks to wage an Also: Skyrim didn't have any internal issues until Ulfric, a Thalmor agent, showed up. It's very clear the Empire refused

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Yes, but killing Ulfric won't end all internal issues. In addition, as has been defined previously, Ulfric is not a Thalmor agent. He's an asset because his survival guarantees the Stormcloak Rebellion continues, because the Thalmor want to see the War carry on. If the War continues, more humans die, and during that time, they're not recovering to fight the elves, they're just fighting.The best thing to do for Skyrim is to join with Ulfric and crush the Imperial presence. If humanity is to make a last stand against the Elves, they need to have a fortified place like it to do it from. Icy seas and mountains on all sides.As far as the Empire trying to take back Skyrim after losing their general and all of their men - that plan provides no military soundness in the very least. After you finish a war, you don't immediately try it a second time. Especially without a strong Emperor who's trying to conquer an entire Empire. Sure, if Tiber Septim popped back down and started rocking the military orders, the Empire would go for Skyrim and pretty much everything else, but we don't have a Tiber Septim. We do, however, have a Dragonborn.Frankly, your character is the best choice for Emperor due to birthright. Dragonborn Emperor much?Besides, the War won't put an end to trade. The Revolutionary War ended, and it didn't cause the US to stop trade with Great Britain. Over a century later, both countries were on the same side for two World Wars.And the Elves will do a lot worse than Mustard Gas.Now, finally, you're right about one thing. Skyrim leaving isn't in the best interests of the Empire. But, see, I don't care about the Mede ruled Empire, I care about what's in the best interests of Skyrim. And, of course, the world at large. Either the Empire or Skyrim gains power at the end of the war, and I choose it to be Skyrim. Simple as that.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Ninja'd twice. <_<If someone wants some more info, I'm going to spoil this:

the second expansion for Skyrim, Hearthfire, should be available from September 4 on XBox LIVE for 400 Microsoft Points. It will allow us to purchase a piece of land where we could build our own house with massive possibilities of customization: adopting children, having a personal bard, hiring followers to protect the house from bandit ( or even Giant ) raids, hiring carriages... One will also have to keep the house safe from Skeever infestations! The trailer shows a plenty of impressive features.

Me, I'm totally amazed and can't wait for it. Sounds absolutely, incredibly fantastic.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

Yes. Build Your Own Home, though it doesn't let you choose the location like this DLC does; nor does it have as much freedom when it comes to home "modules". It also does not generate enemy attacks, which may be a plus or a minus depending on your preferences.

Plus mounted Mudcrabs. Mounted... Mudcrabs...
With the right mods you can mount a mudcrab or mammoth or dragon already... though in a different manner. Edited by Katuko

I've actually seen very few vampire attacks in my playthrough so far. And I've been blotting out the sun like crazy as a vampire, which makes it even weirder. I fought two separate attacks at the farm outside of Markarth, but that's about it. All my other vampire/death hound/gargoyle encounters have been out in the wild, usually find them murdering bandits.

rahkshi_symbol.png