Toa Tahu

PooZy

This is just a quicky-MOC. Consider it a revamp. toatahu.png toatahu2.png toatahu3.png toatahu4.png So my idea behind this was to keep the core of the original Tahu the same. It still features the cog function that makes the arm move around. Criticism is welcome but I won't be updating this MOC because as I said it was only a quick make for a bit of fun.

sigpic2.png

Pretty sweet for 'just a quicky-MOC'. Looks very Toa Nuva, the custom body fits the armour well. Can't say the same for the legs, The nuva armour on the shins looks out of place. His kneck also looks oddly long, and I'd say the Red to black ratio could be better, less black, more red... Like the way it retains some philosophy from the original Toa though, with the gears still in place, and only one hand.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Pretty sweet for 'just a quicky-MOC'. Looks very Toa Nuva, the custom body fits the armour well. Can't say the same for the legs, The nuva armour on the shins looks out of place. His kneck also looks oddly long, and I'd say the Red to black ratio could be better, less black, more red... Like the way it retains some philosophy from the original Toa though, with the gears still in place, and only one hand.

yea I wish I could add more red but I was never a fan of those sets, the mask comes from my bro who has become disinterested with bionicle. basically I lack red parts *sad face*Yea the nuva armour does look out of place, I didn't want to use any other silver pieces because after the nuva year they started using pearly silver plastic instead and it looks really horrible

sigpic2.png

Wow dude! Im loving the torso! Its an excellent idea done right! Just wondering, is it Mata or Nuva?

King of a mixture of both. It's just 'Tahu ... something'. No mistika in there though. Yik.
You should make Tahu-jumble. It should have Star, Mata, Mistika and Nuva. Nevermind... XD

Did you hear?? FORUMS ARE BACK! :D

O.o Not only did you make him have more movement and look cooler, you added a gear function. But he would look better with one of his fire swords.9.5/10

I agree but I kid you not, I couldn't find any fire swords in my collection (which consists of a spilt box on my bedroom floor). My brother was the one who originally had Tahu and he often hid his pieces behind furniture :S

sigpic2.png

I really like it for the most part, and good job. One thing I would change though is the sword. It just seems a bit small and not quite Tahu, if you know what I mean. Maybe a amped original fire sword might look a bit better. other than that, it was good. * out of 10 from me

I completely agree, I'll definitely do this should I come across a suitable piece.

Wow, very classic style.Can you post instructions for the body? -- :ruru:

I'll get around to it sometime ;) Edited by PooZy

sigpic2.png

yea I wish I could add more red but I was never a fan of those sets, the mask comes from my bro who has become disinterested with bionicle. basically I lack red parts *sad face*Yea the nuva armour does look out of place, I didn't want to use any other silver pieces because after the nuva year they started using pearly silver plastic instead and it looks really horrible
I thought it went all the way up to the end of '05 for that shade of silver? Shame you don't have anymore red...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I thought it went all the way up to the end of '05 for that shade of silver? Shame you don't have anymore red...
You're right, that shade of silver was best :{ Anywho I got 'instructions' for the torso tahub5.jpgtahub4.pngtahub3.pngtahub2.pngtahub1.png Just copy the same for the other side and you're done. You can sort of tell how the middle is made... if you squint.

sigpic2.png

It's really hard to tell how it is put together. I know, black pieces are hard to photograph, but I really can't tell how it works. Also, the instructions kind of start off halfway through... I'm fairly sure LDD has most of those pieces, and it has the ability to create instructions... But really, it's pretty hard either way. :) --:ruru:

banner.jpg

It's really hard to tell how it is put together. I know, black pieces are hard to photograph, but I really can't tell how it works. Also, the instructions kind of start off halfway through... I'm fairly sure LDD has most of those pieces, and it has the ability to create instructions... But really, it's pretty hard either way. :) -- :ruru:

Mind linking me to this 'ldd' thing? :3

sigpic2.png

• 3 weeks later...

...You even have the gear function.Brilliant. Just brilliant. That's all I have to say. Though honestly, I'd switch the Nuva chestplates on the shins for something else...but still. Brilliant.

Edited by Zanza

It's really hard to tell how it is put together. I know, black pieces are hard to photograph, but I really can't tell how it works. Also, the instructions kind of start off halfway through... I'm fairly sure LDD has most of those pieces, and it has the ability to create instructions... But really, it's pretty hard either way. :)-- :ruru:

http://ldd.lego.com/

banner.jpg

It's really hard to tell how it is put together. I know, black pieces are hard to photograph, but I really can't tell how it works. Also, the instructions kind of start off halfway through... I'm fairly sure LDD has most of those pieces, and it has the ability to create instructions... But really, it's pretty hard either way. :)-- :ruru:

Thanks for that :3. Any way to get more... technic pieces in the options? :C

"Just a quicky."... Wow.I really, really, want to see what your other MOCs look like. :PAnyway, on to the moc. The silver and red is a very good choice, and the use of nuva armor is perfect and somewhat porprtionally pleasing. 9/10

I'll be posting some robo-riders I made when the sunlight returns. I also have a big model I want to show off but I can't fit it on my windowsill to take photos, that's going to be an interesting one :SAnywho thanks!

sigpic2.png

Wow...this is pretty impressive. The design is a mixture of the Nuva and Mata look, which gives it a type of nostalgia. It keeps an original feel, no doubt. The colors are simplistic, and the armor is interesting. The Nuva torso plates used as lower-leg armor is a neat touch. ^^The build and look gives Tahu a stronger appearance than his thin Mata and Nuva looks. Still, I like how you incorporated both old pieces (Mata/Nuva torso, Mata/Nuva head, etc.), and new pieces so he has more mobility unlike his '01 and '02-'03 looks.This is quute impressive. I'd love to see more revamps of the original Toa - keep up the good work! ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Thanks for that :3. Any way to get more... technic pieces in the options? :C
Yes, but I can't remember. Just Google "ldd bionicle hack" and it should be somewhere there.--:ruru:

banner.jpg

Great job you did here. You have captured Tahu completely, but made him all custom. His torso is scary in its complexity, and the silver black and red go nicely together. I love how you used the hero factory parts in his arms. If I was to complain about something, it would be his lower leg armor; it looks now like he is wearing bell bottoms. I would try something skinnier, like a visorak foot? But still an awesome job.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!