The Final Countdown

Hapori Tohu

This begs the question;

How the heck did Artahka lose his Kanohi?

He got sloppy?

We still don't know it's a reboot (and Greg is hinting heavily that we shouldn't assume it's a continuation). So in that case, he may never have had the Mask of Creation in the new story, either because he hasn't obtained it yet or because he doesn't exist in the first place.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So, it looks like the mask will be attached in a similar fashion to the lego minifigure visors. Or the actual attachment can't be seen in the video, but the first guess seems more likely to me.

kkRZ7zl.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Been wondering about that...

Woulf that mean this Kanohi isn't the same sazi as a normal one?

Like, minifig size?

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I doubt it. That'd disappoint those who would want to put the Mask of Creation on a BIONICLE head.

More likely there's going to be some change in the connection system of the mask to the head.

Hopefully not TOO drastic.

Think all all the masks fans have been collecting before this.

Then Lego comes along with an icompatible new way of attaching masks.

Ouch ^^;

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Maybe they'll have new heads that can receive the old masks as well.

If not, I still think this will work on the Hero Factory Brain Attack heads, which have plenty of connection points.

Personally I hope the new heads DON'T have backwards compatibility, just because the new attachment point makes it seem like we might be able to get decent faces this time.

Personally I hope the new heads DON'T have backwards compatibility, just because the new attachment point makes it seem like we might be able to get decent faces this time.

Why does 2001-2014 stuff not count as a "decent face"? Seems like a dumb reason to nerf actual part compatibility for something that will likely just get covered up. 

• Upvote 1

Why does 2001-2014 stuff not count as a "decent face"? Seems like a dumb reason to nerf actual part compatibility for something that will likely just get covered up.

Because previous faces just looked weird—they varied between inhuman and robotic, with the figures sucking on masks like pacifiers, or skull-like and scary. It never bothered me, but the faces often repulsed both adults I'd share them with or even a few kids who didn't understand that a character with such a lack of emotion could be the "good guy". The 2011 Hero Factory headpiece remains one of the most "facelike", but its connections left much to be desired. It looks like this new mask will be able to allow for a less scary, more "human" facial structure while still allowing for useful technic connections on the sides of the head.

• Upvote 1

I dunno, I still look at the glatorian heads and think Iron Man and think it's a bit strange how I've seen no iron man mocs with that piece.

The fact that the Ultrabuild Super Heroes sets introduced an actual Iron Man head probably didn't help.

• Upvote 1