Attempting to build various objects from MNOLG

Arvex

I wanted to not only restore what I had in my Bionicle collection, but I wanted to add onto my collection with various objects, Tohunga/Matoran and Rahi that are seen in Mata Nui Online and other media, but didn't have an official set released.

Still in the restoring stages of this, but thanks to sites like Brickowl, I'm well on my way. Also, I'm building a silver Ussal crab just because I can.

Anyways, I'm posting here to see if I can get some help identifiying the parts I need to build two things found in the Great Mine:

th_BionicleEquipment_zps82db0424.png

Specifically, I'm at a loss on the feet and tool on the end of the first object (which looks like a modified Ussal crab) and the cart's body. I'm not sure if those are real LEGO parts or parts made up by the developers of the game because there wasn't parts that existed for those two objects.

Wait, what?

That makes sense now, it's supposed to be bent because of that impenetrable rock layer.

I feel dumb for not making that connection and thinking it was supposed to be that shape... I'm going to crawl under a rock now and hide there for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Toa Chuck's got it. Aside from the Rahi, the objects in MNOG were built from assets that are often combined in ways that don't follow how real-life LEGO parts work. You'll have your work cut out for you in building them. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm pretty sure there is actually a part for the cart bucket. I've seen it before, but I can't find it anywhere. There's also plenty of System buckets you could use.

System is the only close match to the cart bucket I can think of: specifically, THIS.

Also, if you want to try and build the Ga-Koro boat, I'm pretty sure it uses THIS. Which goes for surprisingly low prices on Bricklink... perhaps I ought to get myself a few. Znap is one of the themes I have never had in my collection!

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm pretty sure there is actually a part for the cart bucket. I've seen it before, but I can't find it anywhere. There's also plenty of System buckets you could use.

System is the only close match to the cart bucket I can think of: specifically, THIS.

That's the one! I never thought to search "Tipper" or "Bed." No wonder it was so hard to find.

Edited by Click

This sounds like a very cool venture, do you have anything you could show us so far?

Also... Did you consider the little Visorak from the playsets for those feet? I think they look quite similar to the back end of one and as the front end would be under the rest of the construction it COULD be feasible... Of course others are right to point out that it's clearly Onua claws but I think both chopping and 3d printing would be kind of cheating so ingenuity is your best bet! Alternatively there are a few single claws which come in non-metallic colours too, they'd probably be too big though so not sure you could use them... Check these out in black for 5p each... http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32551

Howzis?

IMG_20141107_110827_zps6c94efd2.jpg

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Right now I'm still rebuilding what I do have because some pieces broke or vanished in storage and what I do have is a rather small collection so far because I didn't really get to buy a lot of toys as a kid. After I get the next few batches of parts, I'll start up a thread to this project.

Collection that survived:

-Kopaka (His sword is in rough shape and his Kaukau mask vanished.)

-Tahu (His Hau mask didn't survive.)

-Vakama

-Maku

-Onepu

-Matoro (Needs new mask)

-Kopaka Nuva

-Kohrok

-Kohrok Kal

-Vohrak

Restorations completed:

-Pohatu

-Lerhak

-Nuvohk

-Lewa Nuva

Completed additions:

-Nuparu

Restorations in progress:

-Tarakava (Green one is missing a few pieces, blue one is almost done)

-Nui Jaga (Blue one is missing eyes, that's all now)

-Tahu Nuva (needs a new mask, swords and shoulder plate)

-Second Lerahk (Needs second claw and foot)

-Second Nuvohk (Needs both tools and feet)

Additions in progress:

-Kahu bird

-Every Turuga except Vakama (still have him)

-Great Mine carts and other equipment.

-Several ussal crabs; one black, one blue, one purple and one silver (just because.)

-Lewa, Gali and Onua (Building them from scratch using ordered parts)

-Several Tohunga. When I go to buy any parts and find myself under the minimum order, I'll start buying up all of the McDonald Tohunga parts to get me up to that minimum order. I might make an army!

Planned additions:

-Various Rahi

-The other three Toa Nuva and Takanuva

-Post rebuilding Matoran

-More Bohrok

Not sure how you'd attach them, but you might wait until the new wave starts and use some skull spider legs. They look similar to what I see here.

Skull Spider legs would most likely be too big for that. They're pretty sizeable parts.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I just built this thing. Like 3 posts ago. Did anyone else even see it? Cos it's a good place to start if you're trying to find legs that fit. If nothing else it gives you a rough scale to work with...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!