Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan - Library.

"This case?" I scoffed, "You're not a detective. You're a child. We're all just karzing children, playing at being something we're not."

Once, I'd thought that life might hold more for me than empty servitude. I was certain that plenty of other rahks felt the same. But every time I tried to do something for myself, be it good or bad or selfless or selfish, everything fell apart. There was no place for rahkshi in the world, except what the Makuta provided for us.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dormirahk - Library

"You're right, of course, I'm not a detective, nor do I claim to be, but that doesn't change the fact that Rain was murdered, and that her killer is still out there, uncaught. Now, you can rant all you want about your issues with the finer points of rahkshi philosophy and what reason we all have for being here, but I know my reason for being here. I want a challenge. And this case? Pardon me, this mystery, seems like as good a place to flex skills as any. There's even an added bonus of finding justice for a poor soul's murder." Dormirahk's faceplates were in a wide grin now... a bit too wide, in fact. The way their eyes were looking at Exxan seemed a bit unsettling too.

"You have too much ambition, and not enough common sense," I sighed. I'd seen that before. I'd been that before. "Stop and consider the facts here. According to what you've told me, someone killed Rain, staged her death to look like a suicide, and did a convincing enough job of said staging that no one except for you..." I jabbed an accusatory finger in his direction, "...seems to think it was anything but a suicide. That leaves two possibilities. First possibility - you're wrong, and it really was just a suicide. Second possibility - you're dealing with a professional, someone who's skilled at killing, and covering their tracks." I let that cold smile return to my face, "What do you think is going to happen to someone like you when someone like that realises you're investigating them?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Rain's death, as far as I am aware, is known only to four individuals. Me, my associate, you, and the killer. Me and my associate agree that the suicide was staged. It was well staged, but it was staged. Considering the rate of decomposition she had gone through when we found her, we figured she'd been dead for some time, which means not only is this a difficult mystery to solve, but one with a cold trail. All the more challenge, I'd say. And the fact that the murderer might try to personally intervene?" Dormirahk's grin, now clearly possessing a sadistic tinge to it, did not falter. "I'm quite frankly salivating at the thought of it."

"Then you're well on your way to becoming the killer's next victim," I snapped back, "Congratulations."

"Wait... is that why you told me about all of this? You want me to do your stupid, suicidal job for you?" 

"Not at first, truly I just came to you since you're the only person in the school I could find who was around back then as well. But talking to you I've come to realize something: You're in a right sorry state, aren't you? Sulking in your corner of the library, spewing pessimism, or worse, nihilism, in regard to the purpose and aspirations of rahkshi around you. And your own. Now, you do have a reputation, that much I know, but surely you didn't get to that point by sitting around reading these books all day? Besides, aren't you the least bit curious who it was who finally ended Rain's allegedly miserable existence?"

"How observant of you," I spat, "I got that way by watching everyone I knew and cared about leave, die, or vanish." I leaned back in my chair, letting out an exasperated sigh before continuing. "I learned the hard way - repeatedly, because I was too stubborn to take the hint the first few times - that the best, only, way to survive in this school is to keep a low profile, and mind your own karzing business."

I wasn't a hero. I'd figured that out a long time ago... but too late. "So, to answer your question - no. I'm not curious. I don't want to know who killed her. I don't care who killed her. I almost killed her myself, once, and I'm in no hurry to earn the ire of whoever ended her."

IC: Paradox

The Panrahk stepped out of Thunder's line of sight and vanished from behind a bookcase, teleporting throughout the library, accruing a variety of pens and ink wells, depositing the inkwells into his hiding space, and leaving the pens in his satchel. Reappearing behind a different bookcase, he stops and listens to a conversation. That voice... Exxan… I wonder... To whom is he speaking to? M o r e    L I k e    s u L k I n g    t o . Well, you're not entirely wrong about that... He quietly creeps toward the center of the bookcase, where the sounds of Exxan's conversation might be heard through bookcase the loudest. A Rahkshi was murdered...? W h y    d o    w e    c a r e ? Because, that means our work is being done for us. W h I c h    m e a n s    s o m e o n e    I s    t a k I n g    o u r    k I L L s . Precisely... This just leaves one question, however. W h a t ? Do we strike now, or perhaps later...? . . .    I    s a y    l a t e r . Really? I would've thought you'd jump for the chance to-- Y o u    a l w a y s    l o v e    t o    f o r g e t    t h a t    w e    s h a r e    t h e    s a m e    I . Q . .    W e    c u r r e n t l y    s t a n d    n o    c h a n c e    a t    t h e    L e v e L    w e ' r e    a t    n o w .    I    s a y    w e    w a I t    u n t I L    w e ' r e    a t    l e a s t    L e v e L    f o u r    b e f o r e    w e    m a k e    o u r    m o v e . Hmm... despite the sour taste... your reasoning makes sense... Very well, we shall leave Exxan to his sulking. Paradox blinks away from the bookcase without a sound, resuming his search for ink and pens, even going so far as to swipe other books to use as either reading or writing material for later. Satisfied with his newly acquired resources, he teleports to the supply room and grabs a rather thick stack of paper before teleporting to Thunder, remaining out of her line of sight. Confident he was not spotted, he approaches the table. "Ah, I believe this amount should suffice. Here," He slides over the paper and retrieves the pens from his satchel. "Use these. Now then, what would you like to know?"

"I intend to continue being alive, out of sight, out of mind, away from the Makuta and their Prefects." 

"How I choose to spend my time is my business."

Dormirahk stifled a laughter. "Oh! Really?! Is that how it is?! So you're just going to sit here doing nothing, while the school moves on without you? You know, I had some small hopes for you, Exxan, from what I'd heard about you, but now that I'm here talking to you... I see that you're utterly pathetic. A complete disgrace to rahkshi kind. You speak of loss, of love vanished, as if you're the only one in the world who's experienced those things. But you're not. What you are alone in is letting all of it defeat you so utterly that you've retreated into some dark corner of depression and mediocrity."

"In the time I've been at this school, I've been stabbed, slashed, burned, bludgeoned, lacerated, and left for dead." I retorted, gesturing to the scars that adorned my carapace, "I've done plenty, and it wasn't fun. I've defeated, killed, and outlived older and more powerful rahks than you, so if you think a few insults are going to achieve anything, you're wrong."

"An impressive repertoire to be sure, especially for someone of such young age. Like you so eloquently put earlier, you're still just a child. All of us, apparently, are just children, playing at something we aren't. So, that leaves me with a bit of a conundrum: what are you playing at?"

"Like I said before, that's my business."

"I don't have to humour you. I don't owe you anything. You asked your questions, I gave my answers. You asked for my help, I refused. We're done here."

It was clear now that Exxan wasn't going to crack through verbal. Dormirahk sat in their chair for a few more moments, tapping the chair's arm, mildly seething. Then, they stood up, and sighed. "Very well. If you don't want to answer my questions-" Dormirahk drew a large two handed great sword from their back, except in their hands, it was little more than a longer than average arming sword. "Perhaps you'll answer my challenge."

Oh, for karz's sake...

"We're in a library." I growled, making no effort to move from where I was sitting, "Don't you have a murder to solve or something?"

"I've done nothing to you, except refuse to assist you in a matter that isn't my business, or yours." I sighed, closing my book and setting it aside, "Please don't do this." 

"Then stop so stubbornly refuting my questions and answer me this one thing: What do you want? From this school? From the future? From your fellow rahkshi? From yourself?" Dormirahk sighed and sheathed their sword. "What do you want to become? Tell me that and I'll leave you alone."

"I don't know you, I don't particularly like you, and it's none of your business." 

"No."

"Until you stop talking, and start attacking, I don't have to do anything." I replied calmly. If he were paying close attention, he'd notice that the hand I'd used to move my book earlier was now resting right next to the handle of my sheathed sword, "So far, all you've done is talk. I'm not convinced that you have it in you to manage anything more than that."

"Because you're not."

"No, I am sure. I am VERY sure, believe me! I'm willing to do what ever it takes to see this through!" Dormirahk kept their sword up, although there was a slight tremble now in their voice, despite their best efforts to put up a facade of cool professionalism.

"Good. Go ahead, then." A dark, conniving part of me, the part that had gotten along so well with Phogen, was enjoying this exchange. "After all, this killer you're after will be just as calm and collected, just as adept in combat, but far more murderous and far less sporting than I am." 

"A lot more than you, evidently," I let a note of impatience creep into my tone. "That sword of yours looks pretty heavy. Your arms must be getting tired from holding it out like that."

IC: Thunder - Writing up a storm

Thunder took the pens and started to write quickly, hissing quietly as she did. She finished one page and showed Paradox her writings.

I am Thunder. My Makuta sent me here to learn sciences. I intend to learn all I can so I can serve my mistress to my fullest, as well as level up and attain more power. Now, where are more of these books? I need to study them.

"You really do love to talk about how great you are, don't you?" I mused, "I'm still waiting to see you back that up with your actions."