Why Elements, Rahi and Makuta Should Come Back

aldero

Lightning is Plasma... I never understood the separation. I guess it's like having a Toa of Earth and a Toa of Stone.

But not all plasma is lightning. Just like squares and rectangles. ;)

also "lightning" actually was more of "electric control via lighting bolts" kinda thing.

plasma's just melting stuff with high temp "fireballs" if i recall?

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Lightning is Plasma... I never understood the separation. I guess it's like having a Toa of Earth and a Toa of Stone.

But not all plasma is lightning. Just like squares and rectangles. ;)

also "lightning" actually was more of "electric control via lighting bolts" kinda thing.

plasma's just melting stuff with high temp "fireballs" if i recall?

Basically, yeah. Plasma was a direct control over heat and firing bolts of superheated ionized gas, or something along those lines.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Plasma was more 'Superheat' if we want to be truly descriptive. It's why I'd pair it with fire, if we're playing Bionicle: the last Le-Matoran.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

More elements that we will likely never get the sets of. 

I'd much rather have the elements become high-level sub elemental powers of the six, and mastering these new powers would force the Toa to undergo some character development. Lightning should be a highly concentrated form of fire that requires the user to be in state of total calmness, so Tahu would need to learn how to keep a level head. Gravity would require the user to use raw heavy emotion, so Onua would need to be let loose. Metal would require the user to be sharp and precise, forcing Pohatu to fine tune himself. Stuff like that. 

Then other powers can be combinations of elemental powers. Weather control could be a combination of Jungle (air powers) and Water and/or Ice. Magnetism could be a combination power between fire (lightning) and stone (metal). Lava could be a combination of earth and fire. 

The elemental affinities should not be exclusive to the Toa either. Evil Jungle-type characters could use acid/poison/venom based powers. 

The only other elements that should be included to the classic six are light and shadow, because they too can be considered classic elements. 

• Upvote 2

I'd much rather have the elements become high-level sub elemental powers of the six, and mastering these new powers would force the Toa to undergo some character development. Lightning should be a highly concentrated form of fire that requires the user to be in state of total calmness, so Tahu would need to learn how to keep a level head. Gravity would require the user to use raw heavy emotion, so Onua would need to be let loose. Metal would require the user to be sharp and precise, forcing Pohatu to fine tune himself. Stuff like that. 

That... Is actually an amazing idea. Can this be a thing, now? Somebody get this idea to LEGO ASAP! :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~