Hero Factory 3.5: Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Nex, Thresher?!

Zarohum

100_2501.jpg

I've been bored the last few days, so I decided to make MOCs of the characters we won't see in January, along with a character I've wanted to make for a while, Thresher.

I wanted to capture as much of the 4.0 sets as possible with the pieces I had. I had to make flying gear, and incorporate more of the secondary color into the armor to make them (Somewhat) fit with the rest.

Also, I made a mixture of Fortis 2.0 and 3.0.

StormerIt was really hard to come up with a type of flying gear for Stormer. I finally decided to recolor a wing design from a Rahi MOC I had just made.CloseupBack, wingsGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I R ur doomBulkI gave Bulk a keetorange Hero Core to match his head, which is more keetorange in the movie. I also added a jetpack and hose, as his special edition for had.Action poseJetpackStringerI gave Stringer an orange Hero core because it fits better with his color scheme. His wings were a real challenge to make, and I still wonder if they would've looked better on Nex.Close-up (Kinda dark)WeaponWingsNexJulius here was a challenge. He had no 1.0 form, so I had no helmet to give him. I decided on Thunder's helmet, because it fits with the gear motif he had in 2.0. The same goes for his weapon. Also, notice the translucent green pieces on his legs. That took some doing. Unfortunately, I was unable to make flying gear for him.View 1View 2WeaponThresherThresher has to be my favorite character besides Surge and Evo. I've been wanting to do a MOC of him for a while. Sadly, I can't find teal paint anywhere, so I had to mix my own, which was a pain, and I ended up only painting the chest armor, helmet, and feet. I tried to copy "his" (Bulk) look from 1.0 by giving him 2 weapons, but I hated that about the original set. I ended up making 2 new guns.Dubl gunzOne of the guns (That scope is a heavily modified Stormer 2.0 helmet)my BOIFortis 2.5Fortis 3.0 sucks. So, I figured I'd try to make him look better. I made the wings more articulated, and moved them to WHERE THEY SHOULD BE so I could make his arms look less like a 6-year-old girl's. Unfortunately, I only have 2 gunmetal claw pieces, so I couldn't give him a complete paw. Sadly, I don't have enough pieces to have Stringer AND Fortis built at the same time.Action poseFull body viewBack, wingsIf you like any of the custom pieces you saw here, visit my trade topic and get some for yourself!

As long as the paint doesn't scratch or anything, I would not mind having the parts (can't buy any though, parents would never let me buy something off of a forum of all things) Two questions though: 1) how did you get the trans-green cladding without the patterns on them, 2) Is bulk's painted keetorange head still transparent, or did the painting make it opaque?

This is a shared account. Green text indicates the author is Code Green, and purple text indicates the author is Code Black. Links to topics for our MoCs coming soon...

-Team G & B

...You stole my idea. You must now die. :DSeriously, though, these are pretty good. I like how you gave Nex his own helmet and I'm impressed that you did Thresher...although, isn't he supposed to be green?

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

These look like actual sets. Had I been less wiser, I would have thought you got the 2012 sets first. :PAnyways, I really like the wings you gave Stormer and Fortis. Everyone's weapons look cool, and Bulk's armor is great. You also made Fortis look 10 times better than his original form. Well done.Thresher is amazing. The teal coloring is very detailed and well done.Only problem I have is the fact that Stringer's wings don't really match that well with his black and orange color scheme, and they kind of stand out. Also, I'm a big weapons guy, so I sort of wish Bulk had a bit more gear to carry. Still, the armor is really well done.Oh, and good idea adding paint!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the paint doesn't scratch or anything, I would not mind having the parts (can't buy any though, parents would never let me buy something off of a forum of all things) Two questions though: 1) how did you get the trans-green cladding without the patterns on them, 2) Is bulk's painted keetorange head still transparent, or did the painting make it opaque?

I haven't exactly come up with a way to make the paint durable. :P The trans-green pieces, I rubbed toothpaste on them. It takes forever though.the paint was thin, so it's still transparent on the edges.

...You stole my idea. You must now die. :biggrin:Seriously, though, these are pretty good. I like how you gave Nex his own helmet and I'm impressed that you did Thresher...although, isn't he supposed to be green?

Thresher was a greenish teal. It was hard to tell with the yellowish glow of New Stellac City, but in Ordeal of Fire, you can see it. I accidentally made him more blue than I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he's more between teal and light green. The paint mixing didn't turn out as I intended. It's mostly the lighting of New Stellac City that makes him look lime, but if you look on Ordeal of Fire during the press conference, he's between lime and teal

These are fantastic. The pics are a little blurry, but I can still tell that these are awesome. I think I can see where you cut a piece and you said that you painted some, so I commend you for being brave enough to do that. I like how you used Stormer and Stringer's 1.0 weapons but made them feel right at home with the larger design. Also interesting is the Roborider wheel used for Nex. I personally like those pieces myself.